test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    lol, the 13th is a typo. they said sunday may 13th

You just made a typo. It's the 12th
  • hagar3hagar3 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm afraid that the 'Great Entitled' are too busy either complaining in, or creating new, threads entitled "Crash again" or similar.

So does that mean we have the only dignified thread at the moment? lol
    In case no one can hear you...scream
  • hoovergkmmchoovergkmmc Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    reyan01 wrote: »
    I'm afraid that the 'Great Entitled' are too busy either complaining in, or creating new, threads entitled "Crash again" or similar.

Aww man, that one always makes my week. How could they let me down like this?
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    kt40402100 wrote: »
    Was thinking about buying into the game again, but it crashes and is down for maintenance a lot.

You, Sir, crack me up. But no, we haven't. I could kick start it...

[begin rant]

Hey!!! This sucks! Why do you always have to take the servers down mid-day for us Europeans.
    I live in the Netherlands... yadda yadda yadda, bla bla, etc..

[end rant]

.... next please.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 11s
    @madaq11 This maintenance is focused on making improvements to the network stability.":rolleyes:
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't think this quick fix will actually help. Their servers and hosting can't handle the current load of their hosted games and constantly have been crashing. They open beta LOR less then 2 week before launch, they don't even post the right maintenance date on the launcher and site main page. Today is the 12th. The management in the past two months of their hosting has been horrid to say the least. LOR launch will crash, will come down a a lot and be generally bad. The past weeks have proven that. So sit tight everyone its going to be one hell of a ride. Hopefully pwe will learn from this experience and severally upgrade their network and servers. Hamsters on a wheel just wont cut it anymore boys.
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • overkilltbpoverkilltbp Member Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is a pre-planned network maintenance. Yeah, it's yet more downtime, but at least this was planned.

Cryptic needs to straighten this stuff out, though. It's getting ridiculous.

I hope they see what I said on their stupid facebook page. And "planned" I love how called it that, wanna know the truth now? They shut the servers down for so called maintenance so its not called a crash anymore.

I was in the middle of a ground STF and never saw any server shut down notices before it had happened, and it only fuels my fire.
  • cookiemnster35cookiemnster35 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    OH yes almost immediatly. Why in the middle of primetime euro, its the americans faults, yad a yada yada. It amazes me, if people rode me at work they way they do these techs, I'd be a newspaper headline. I get that we love this game, I get that it irritating and frustrating that we can't play when we want but for the galaxy's sake people its a game, and sometimes things happen. 'we apologize for this interuption, we now return you to your rage session'

oh and yea, i subbed for a year, and have had lifetime for the last 6 months. I own about 12 zen ships, and most of my 5 toons have had service upgrades, so I am a paying customer... not that it matters..

~Data Sings~

"Ragers, You tiny little ragers, You precious little ragers, Where are you?"
  • kublakhan81kublakhan81 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is annoying.
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    tobiasosir wrote: »
    --but really, would you all rather the servers going down intermittently until launch, or for them to fix the problems now and get it done?:D
    Ermm, I've only been playing two weeks but during that time the servers have already been down intermittently a dozen times without warning and then several more times on top of that to fail to "fix the problems" that are causing the previous downtimes... -_-
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more often than not it seems lately. this makes the employees look inept and incompiedent. (can we say NUTZ boys and girls?) insert sarcasim here. someone or a whole bunch of peeps at cryptic forgot to take their ritalin this morning.
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    "Neverwinter ‏@NeverwinterGame 11s
    @madaq11 This maintenance is focused on making improvements to the network stability.":rolleyes:

at least this time they put it on both twitter feeds;

"Star Trek Online ‏@trekonlinegame 1m
    @TravisJRogers This maintenance is solely focused on improvements to the network stability."

thx pwe. now concentrate on fixing the problems. We will sit tight til then. ;)
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    why for the life of me I will never understand don't they split the servers down...

European servers for us and American servers for them
  • hydrodurahydrodura Member Posts: 444 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The nominee are best who goes down the most is coney island street walker or cryptic. The envolope please drum role. Congratulaion to cryptic for going down the most.
  • rsciwrsciw Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I would've thought that folks at Cryptic have stats when usually the least amount of players are online, and then take it down during those times where required. Can be mistaken though, but appears to be the logical thing to do.

As to people going on "Buy a new server, don't run all three games on one server.", do you really think there's one box sitting in an office corner somewhere serving all three games?

No admin notifications prior to shutdown, well, there's no excuse for that. Communications are always useful, please notify people ingame before a shut down...
  • redshirtthefirstredshirtthefirst Member Posts: 415 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just during the tour of the universe... *sad face*
    Server not responding (1701 s)
  • hogue1784hogue1784 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hey Brandon,

Thanks for the info! Server stability is always appreciated, but if somebody were to ACCIDENTALLY apply the LoR patch to Holodeck that would be a real shame right?

I mean that kind of ACCIDENT would just be such a shame... you know... but MISTAKE applying the patch for Legacy of Romulus to the main server 9 days early... a slight OVERSIGHT... you know... ;-)
  • thokstathoksta Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Don't get me wrong i am a sto'r for life just letting everyone know that this may be the worst expansion launch in mmo history. If not the worst surely top 5. Just pointing out that with neverwinter and lor beta all services have been dropping WAY WAY to much, obviously the hosting can't handle the load. So maybe put a little more money into upgrading them before the stuff really hits the fan.
    I'll Have Ten Chocolate Sundaes.
    tumblr_n0u8f6dVVb1svlvsyo2_500.gif
    I'm in a really bad mood.
  • locke112164locke112164 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    the server has gone down more times than a thai hooker the past few days.
  • tobiasosirtobiasosir Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    more often than not it seems lately. this makes the employees look inept and incompiedent. (can we say NUTZ boys and girls?) insert sarcasim here. someone or a whole bunch of peeps at cryptic forgot to take their ritalin this morning.

That's my point--the servers are going down more than usual because of the load of people trying LoR. They needed today's maintenance to fix some of those issues so they hopefully won't happen again. At least that's my understanding.
  • ravynknightravynknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • bauer6bauer6 Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rsciw wrote: »
    I would've thought that folks at Cryptic have stats when usually the least amount of players are online, and then take it down during those times where required. Can be mistaken though, but appears to be the logical thing to do.

As to people going on "Buy a new server, don't run all three games on one server.", do you really think there's one box sitting in an office corner somewhere serving all three games?

No admin notifications prior to shutdown, well, there's no excuse for that. Communications are always useful, please notify people ingame before a shut down...

do you really consider us so un-educated for saying that?
    that comment is so 1990's

of course not....

all we are saying is there should be separate servers for the US side and at least 3-5 server for the rest of the world side.

it's obvious that the current setup they have is not working....
    I do indeed believe they are trying to run multiple games on one network that's why it keeps crashing.
  • greydog2greydog2 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone or a whole bunch of peeps at cryptic forgot to take their ritalin this morning.

They took it ...they just crushed it up and snorted it instead!
    I plan on living forever ..so far so good

Squadron 238
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting ridiculous I mean come on it was working perfectly fine and now BAM.

GET NEVER WINTER OFF STO SERVERS
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • epsilons232epsilons232 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    New to the game. I'm not really impressed with the stability and the way outages are handled (nor graphics, sound, stuck in geo, exchange,...) .
    Admin too lazy to send a couple of in game message about pending shut down (1h, 30m 5m before start)?? Have been spammed with "Player X got Uber ship Y" messages all the time so the game does have a spam function admin could have used.

Back to EVE
  • priapus1priapus1 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i still think that cryptic needs to give every player a minimum of 5000 dil for all the downtime yesterday.
  • xcom43xcom43 Member Posts: 723 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This is getting ridiculous I mean come on it was working perfectly fine and now BAM.

GET NEVER WINTER OFF STO SERVERS

Every body sing the doom song.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmy58HhKMtc
    The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
  • ravynknightravynknight Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
  • john98837john98837 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Wonder if before LoR launches they will get around to fixing, or at least acknowledging, the fleet invite bug that has been leaving people in limbo unable to join a fleet. I'm sure people will be thrilled when the start creating new romulan characters and find out that a good chunk of them won't be able to even join a fleet.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=650971
  • ravinravin Member Posts: 509 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, here's hoping this time the problem is correctly solved. Over the last two weeks, there has been far too much of this outage stuff. I suspect there are many more problems ahead. I am a lifelong Star Trek fan. I really like STO a great deal. However, there are other ways to get my Star Trek fix. These outages and other problems create discontent with PWE/Cryptic. Not Star Trek.

I say again. These outages and other problems create discontent with PWE/Cryptic. Not Star Trek.

I realize STO is viewed as a cash cow to support the development of NW. I can live to a point with playing a second tier game which does not receive the same care and attention as the flagship title. But after awhile, the difficulties, however minor, continue with little or no change which leads to my saying, "Meh. Now where's that copy of Bridge Commander got off to?" I've never cared for sword and sorcery games either. So the odds of my trying your primary game are very very poor. After all, I've seen how you treat this one. What reason do I have to believe NW will be any better? Oh, wait. PWE/Cryptic actually cares about NW. Which means it gets the first team for development and support. While STO continues to survive with personnel whose skill set isn't good enough to work on NW.

I will view any reply to this post in these forums by the Devs or the Mods as slapdash hogwash intended to make themselves rather than the players feel better. You want me to believe your sincerity? Then fix the damned game! Next, put a little more effort into making sure STO bloody well stays fixed!

I wouldn't call STO a second tier title. PW knows that STO is the second most money generating game they have, second only behind PWI. At the moment I don't think Neverwinter is going to surpass it.

I would like to add that coming to these forums is like a breath of fresh air compared to the Neverwinter forums. So much rage over there.
    =\/= ================================ =\/=
    Centurion maximus92
    12th Legion, Romulan Republic
    12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
This discussion has been closed.