test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why does this maintenance have to happen on a sunday around 15.00 hours and not in the us prime time? Us europeans have sufferd enough as of late , for crying out loud

America considers itself to be the main demographic.

btw I am European too :)
  • djmarr1964djmarr1964 Member Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why does this maintenance have to happen on a sunday around 15.00 hours and not in the us prime time? Us europeans have sufferd enough as of late , for crying out loud

i agree as know it is said to be either today or tomorrow that it is going down bu i can even access the game now is anyone else having problems
    The True King In The North
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadly that is so true , they only care about the americans.
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • usscapitalusscapital Member Posts: 985 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Thanks for the support :) It is our top priority.

Cheers,

Brandon =/\=

but have we not seen this work done before yet you still get problems , is it due to overloaded servers ( putting all your eggs in 1 basket is never a good idea ) ?
    NERF NERF NERF ONLINE

DELTA PRICE RISING
  • deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    will this fix the map problems in foundry? Ie, letting us upload it?
  • johngazmanjohngazman Member Posts: 2,826 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Meh.

$10 says we have at least one more outage before LoR.
    You're just a machine. And machines can be broken.
    StarTrekFirstContactBorgBattleonetumblr_lln3v6QoT31qzrtqe.gif
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You plan to extend the Beta Test Weekend due to these outages?
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • amberdzamberdz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The forum says we will be having maintenance today at 6am and the launcher says it will be tomorrow on the 13th. So are we having maintenance both days?
    edited May 2013
    yup, because it will crash again tomorrow
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aleaic wrote: »
    Stop letting Spot get onto Data's LACARS consoles over there so much! You know how cats and tribbles get into everything computer wise! :p

lol nice, I hate tribbles :/ unless they are free ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • thomasv6545thomasv6545 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    johngazman wrote: »
    Meh.

$10 says we have at least one more outage before LoR.
    i would accept that bet :p
    one may not always recieve what one expected
  • trygvar13trygvar13 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Hmm you might want to change the message on the Launcher because it's saying that it's scheduled for tomorrow May 13:)
    Dahar Master Qor'aS
  • amberdzamberdz Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    You make a good point there....lol
  • tpalelenatpalelena Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Lets just say that I find Neverwinter a good game, STO is still superior in every way, except the lovely bright red hair colour we get on NW.

Could we get that on STO too? STO red hair is dull, and I would like to get a bright, dyed red option.

But maybe, as fun as Neverwinter is, a new server may be a good idea for it and CO.

With LoR Tribble launch, I am very sorry to say that the Cryptic server seems to be under too much strain.

I appreciate the hard work the developers done, but I feel that neither of their 3 games benefit from a lot of outages and lag.

I know that a new server is a huge investement, but a bad and laggy one could have a bad impact on both NW and LoR launch publicity.

I hope the constructive criticism did not offend anyone.
    Let us wear Swimsuits on Foundry maps or bridges please! I would pay zen for that.
  • doompupp113doompupp113 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I really wonder if it's actually today or tomorrow...
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Well, here's hoping this time the problem is correctly solved. Over the last two weeks, there has been far too much of this outage stuff. I suspect there are many more problems ahead. I am a lifelong Star Trek fan. I really like STO a great deal. However, there are other ways to get my Star Trek fix. These outages and other problems create discontent with PWE/Cryptic. Not Star Trek.

I say again. These outages and other problems create discontent with PWE/Cryptic. Not Star Trek.

I realize STO is viewed as a cash cow to support the development of NW. I can live to a point with playing a second tier game which does not receive the same care and attention as the flagship title. But after awhile, the difficulties, however minor, continue with little or no change which leads to my saying, "Meh. Now where's that copy of Bridge Commander got off to?" I've never cared for sword and sorcery games either. So the odds of my trying your primary game are very very poor. After all, I've seen how you treat this one. What reason do I have to believe NW will be any better? Oh, wait. PWE/Cryptic actually cares about NW. Which means it gets the first team for development and support. While STO continues to survive with personnel whose skill set isn't good enough to work on NW.

I will view any reply to this post in these forums by the Devs or the Mods as slapdash hogwash intended to make themselves rather than the players feel better. You want me to believe your sincerity? Then fix the damned game! Next, put a little more effort into making sure STO bloody well stays fixed!
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    hmmmm 13:55 BST here and its suposedly going offline at 14:00 BST yet theres been no system administrator messages yet. Something tells me the date on the website is the right one :rolleyes:

EDIT: Nice. No warnings just booted straight from the game!
    server_hamster6.png
    edited May 2013
    sadly, it was not made in jest :(
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sadly, it was not made in jest :(

No kidding, server down!!!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • gypsyinspacegypsyinspace Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like it's down again
  • odinfishodinfish Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The launcher states that maintenance is scheduled for the 13th...servers down now, and I had to come here to find out that it was actually scheduled for this very moment. Good one, Cryptic. :rolleyes:
  • nyx219nyx219 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    It just went down, I got disconnected & can't log back in. Like a poster mentioned, there were no admin system alerts, so I was pretty confused with the 2 dates given. Guess we know it's definitely today now.
  • miloflippermiloflipper Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Why no warnings????
  • warpedcorewarpedcore Member Posts: 362 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    This song and dance is getting old.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Looks like it's down again

Witch is not surprising considering they announced it in the forums and the launcher?
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • rylanadionysisrylanadionysis Member Posts: 3,359 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    its alright, the kang took too much damage and id just blown up anyway. >_>
    Gold.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Rylana - Fed Tac - U.S.S Wild Card - Tactical Miracle Worker Cruiser
    Lifetime Subscriber since 2012 == 17,200 Accolades = RIP PvP and Vice Squad
    Chief of Starfleet Intelligence Service == Praise Cheesus
  • rorirori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Network Maintenance. It was announced last night.
  • aldo1rainealdo1raine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Any thoughts? I think the over under on times the server will go down the week after launch day is twice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Nerf Klinks, Buff Rommies
  • aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No warning in the chat ... .
    QQ .... :o
  • quadraxis666quadraxis666 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i was literally about to start the tour and booted. sto is closed for maintenance at this time is all i get now and i didn't see that mentioned anywhere just that it would be down tomorrow...

FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
This discussion has been closed.