test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scheduled Network Maintenance (May 12, 2013) (Complete!)

Comments

• qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    rori wrote: »
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=670821 clearly states the 12th at 6am PDT. They may have messed up on the main page and the launcher, but the forum post is at least correct.

And you expect all players to be aware of forum threads where they contradict big red text on the homepage and in the launcher?

http://sto.perfectworld.com/ clearly states 13th.
  • rheatitanrheatitan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    someone needs to check their dates
  • bradchristopher1bradchristopher1 Member Posts: 307
    edited May 2013
    bauer6 wrote: »
    we just started to do tour the universe and you shut the server down, magical.

you gonna compensate us for the 2 mill we were just gonna earn?

sorry for the ******** but I have invested a hell of a lot of money in this game and you keep shutting the server down when I am waiting hours to a particular event.

3 times your company has done this to me now, getting very annoyed with your timing here.

please either allow us to do the tour the universe event when the server starts back up or give us the 2 mill we were gonna earn please.

the next event for me here in the uk will no doubt either be during the night or while I am at work, so unfair.

i am in the same predicament. sounds like fair compensation to me.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    sicjeb wrote: »
    I have no problem with maintenance. But not being funny, as someone who doesn't check the forum each day, can you make sure you have the correct date on the launcher?

May 13th is tomorrow. If I knew the maintenance was today I wouldn't have been in the middle of a foundry mission. :P

THIS :mad: That is such POOR customer service. As stated not everyone checks the forums and go by what's on your launcher and website. Oh and while I'm about it...whats so hard about flipping the status indicator on the website BEFORE you bring the services down???
    server_hamster6.png
  • rorirori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The notice on the launcher is for "Shard" maintenance. This downtime is for "Network" maintenance.
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    anazonda wrote: »
    hmmm... Well... The quoted OP hasn't been edited...

Fair enough but whats the point posting that when the Launcher ( That thing EVERYONE see's not the forums where a small percentage look ) is wrong?

I have to admit, I'm getting more and more annoyed by the crappy Main times ( It was down for approx 5 hours prime-time UK yesterday and again today )

Isn't this the "Big beta test" for Tribble too? So far I've barely gotten on to do my main dailies, let alone get on over to Tribble to sample the gawd aweful UI.
  • jeckkeljeckkel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Just A suggestion it would be nice if you announced the server is coming down like most MMO's. The Admins can type a console announcement that server is coming down (IE 15 minutes) At least then we can have time to complete what we were doing.
  • lonestar1017lonestar1017 Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    The Website and the Launcher say May 13th. Is this a typo, or what. Are they going to be bringing it down again tomorrow? So by my count we where down earlier this week, down yesterday, down today. And if the website and launcher are accurate we will be down tomorrow as well. Are we also going to be down on thursday for the scheduled shard maintenance.

Understanding and Patient, but Frustrated Player.
  • valsharenvalsharen Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dont nitpick. lol
    The forum post says the 12th, it's not brans fault the web design peeps cant put the right time on the page xD
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously Cryptic. seprate the games, this is becoming a joke.
    If one game is busted then every game has to be taken down because of the way you have the connected to eachother. Separate the bloody games.

5 maintanence in a week is excessive and I am absolutely 100% sure that this has to do with Neverworking.

Separate the games and let us have STO in peace of the bloody screwups in Neverworking.
  • lowqfahlowqfah Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2013
    Hi Captains,

services tomorrow, Sunday, May 12th, for network maintenance. We are planning to conduct this maintenance at 6AM PDT (

- The Star Trek Online Team

Epic time counting fail.

The announcement box on the launcher says 13th. Might want to qc that stuff as I was mid mission thinking the down time was tommorow.
  • daninmsdaninms Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    aldo1raine wrote: »
    the Sto Team Is Telling All Of Us In The States To Get Our Butts Off The Pc And Call Our Mothers!

Lol....... :D
  • usarsifusarsif Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yall caught me with ma pants down so to say!
    Use the time to pull 'em up :D

I am waiting.... The new storyline is goood :)
  • topsettopset Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ.

Don't make me get my recipe book out again, I'm being totally serial.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kirk's Protege.
  • renew1981renew1981 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Sighs another big dissapointment apparently they dont even know wich day it is anymore
    i guess from "working" so hard.. , lets hope that this solves the major problems and lets
    hope they learn the difference between the 12th and 13th and to use the chat system to
    give people a heads up.

Last week : One major dissapointment after another, there is only so much you can
    throw at a gamer community before you cut yourselfs in the finger.
  • blackjackwidowblackjackwidow Member Posts: 572 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    nyxadrill wrote: »
    THIS :mad: That is such POOR customer service. As stated not everyone checks the forums and go by what's on your launcher and website. Oh and while I'm about it...whats so hard about flipping the status indicator on the website BEFORE you bring the services down???

This - get the date right on the launcher, make a couple of in-game announcements, people will always rage, but at least let us know in every way you can.

Aliella Hawklight, Divine Oracle Devoted Cleric
    "Whenever a time arises where clarity is desired, it is always wise to reflect on the sage within."
    ― Sereda Aleta Dailey

DaiMon Moogie, U.S.S. Acquisition
    Rule of Acquisition #57: Good customers are as rare as latinum. Treasure them.

STO LTS since launch; NW player since 2014; ARC user - only when I have to put in codes for free stuff :)
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I personally think its idiotic to do maintenance on the weekends when they know there are going to be more players on. As already pointed out in the UK has lost alot of play time and the only thing craptic have done so far is said "were sorry and we promise this wount keep happening" yet its happened more since.

oh well back to the footy...
    edited May 2013
    lowqfah wrote: »
    Epic time counting fail.

The announcement box on the launcher says 13th. Might want to qc that stuff as I was mid mission thinking the down time was tommorow.

i saw the exact same thing, a minute before they brought it down and i could not jump into the game.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Fair enough but whats the point posting that when the Launcher ( That thing EVERYONE see's not the forums where a small percentage look ) is wrong?

I have to admit, I'm getting more and more annoyed by the crappy Main times ( It was down for approx 5 hours prime-time UK yesterday and again today )

Isn't this the "Big beta test" for Tribble too? So far I've barely gotten on to do my main dailies, let alone get on over to Tribble to sample the gawd aweful UI.

Considering the post-season 5 succes with information accuracy in the launcher, I am surprised that people even read what it says there anymore.

For me, Big red box in the launcher always reads : "Go read the forum announcement"...

I don't even read the text in the launcher anymore, since it's turned into a giant "Buy or random s... stuff" billboard.
    x0ligy wrote: »
    I personally think its idiotic to do maintenance on the weekends when they know there are going to be more players on. As already pointed out in the UK has lost alot of play time and the only thing craptic have done so far is said "were sorry and we promise this wount keep happening" yet its happened more since.

Considering that it's test weekend, as well as Open Beta for Neverwinter, and the stability issues combined with the queues they HAD to do it now...

When you are having major issues keeping a server running, you need to take the rep-blow and fix it ASAP... Especially during test-weekends where you offer rewards.

I know this from experience gathered the hard way.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • marshal45pwemarshal45pwe Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    valsharen wrote: »

And here you go: http://sto.perfectworld.com

So it's on the front page and it states: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

So it's the wrong date (the message or the maintenance).

But I got one question: Did someone get a heads-up message in advance? I didn't see anything on Tribble.
  • richarddoverricharddover Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was kicked out, mid mission. Had I known that you'd be doing this today, rather than tomorrow, I wouldn't have been as annoyed. After all, main page says: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

Oh well... an hour of thumb-twiddling is not going to kill me.... I hope.
  • superfoxyplushsuperfoxyplush Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Seriously Cryptic. seprate the games, this is becoming a joke.
    If one game is busted then every game has to be taken down because of the way you have the connected to eachother. Separate the bloody games.

5 maintanence in a week is excessive and I am absolutely 100% sure that this has to do with Neverworking.

Separate the games and let us have STO in peace of the bloody screwups in Neverworking.

Whilst I agree, this was planned from what I hear. Even though they only told the people on the forums. Not us common Joe's that rely on the launcher for these things. Maint tomorrow too by the looks, so down 3 - 4 times over the next 3 days ( Sat included in that )

Gotta love modern tech and it's keepers ;)
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I didn't see anything on Holodeck. Just abruptly disconnected in the middle of a mission.
  • spearhawk2013spearhawk2013 Member Posts: 217 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    topset wrote: »
    QQ, QQ, QQ, QQ.

Don't make me get my recipe book out again, I'm being totally serial.

Get off the tread trollboy
  • sentinel64sentinel64 Member Posts: 901 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I too read the red banner on the sign-in that said 13 May and said, "OK, I will remember that for tomorrow...." Logged into game to do one of the Rom story missions and was just about done when the server said, "You are done... NOW."

Oh well, it is 10:14 PM in Korea and time for me to go to bed for another work day. :rolleyes:
  • solcratessolcrates Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes I didtnt see anything about today
  • rorirori Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    No messages in STO or CO from what some people I was chatting with said.
  • x0ligyx0ligy Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    A
    But I got one question: Did someone get a heads-up message in advance? I didn't see anything on Tribble.

No, no message just killing borg one minute and then the next booted from the server.
    Pisses me off that they think its ok to **** about with the server when people are doing missions and waste tehre time.
    edited May 2013
    renew1981 wrote: »
    Sighs another big dissapointment apparently they dont even know wich day it is anymore
    i guess from "working" so hard.. , lets hope that this solves the major problems and lets
    hope they learn the difference between the 12th and 13th and to use the chat system to
    give people a heads up.

Last week : One major dissapointment after another, there is only so much you can
    throw at a gamer community before you cut yourselfs in the finger.

One has to wonder, if they can't even get the date right, how the !@#$% are they going to fix the problem they're dealing with and will the servers actually stay up after they are finished?

It is the minor details that irk us the most; not being warned it was going down, the date on the launch page being wrong.

Come on cryptic, focus!!!
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    And here you go: http://sto.perfectworld.com

So it's on the front page and it states: "We will be performing shard maintenance on May 13th from 6-7 AM Pacific (1300-1400 UTC)"

So it's the wrong date (the message or the maintenance).

Not sure if they did it on holodeck, but on tribble, they can pretty much shut it down at will, with no warning... At least that is what they wrote in the description.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
This discussion has been closed.