Install Arc
Options

Dilthium HAS Officially crashed

Comments

• Options
    romuzariiromuzarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    artanisen wrote: »
    so the more items that cost refine dilithium the more dil exchange will crash
    the less money pwe will make.

It works both ways, when mega low and mega high. People have reasons to buy zen to purchase dilithium. When it's high, dil buyers are more prone to throw a dollar or 50 at it. When it's low and everything costs dilithium with a daily 8k refine limit in place, dil buyers are prone to throw a dollar or 50 at it. It's really somewhere in the middle when people stop having that kind of demand for dilithium. Demand is still there but it's stable. You could go either way, buy or not buy. It doesn't really matter because when it's at that half way mark it means there's no major demand for dilithium due to in game conditions.

What Cryptic has essentially done despite their best efforts to convince us otherwise, is to just guarantee they get more money out of us by keeping it on the low end indefinitely. They can now give us all the dilithium we want but the damage is done for at least as long as the s6-7 age continues and providing they don't throw even more TRIBBLE at us to eat up dilithium, which they will.

I'm okay with this now, by the way. It is their right to do it if it is in fact what they are doing. But as always I will remind them that I also have my own right to say enough is enough and walk away. There are limits to be mindful about. No one wants to be the next SWG or FFXIV. One must ensure that during their money making endeavors they do not drop the ball in the worst possible way and TRIBBLE themselves over horribly. Not that Cryptic has much to worry about with all the games they got floating about, but you know, someone has to get the blame and ultimately be fired over a failure. Just saying, it's enough to care about not TRIBBLE up horribly in the eyes of PWE.

At the end of the day this is just about dilithium. Either you take the long road or the short road. Short road costs money, period. And as long as that 50 limit is in place I think they're pretty safe from TRIBBLE themselves over horribly, but it's not earning them brownie points, that's for sure. Now if you want to talk TRIBBLE ups, well, we all know about the s7 launch, don't we? Talk about needing to hire new advisors. They can advise them to heed the warnings of tribble testers next time. Not ALL gamers are stupid, you know. Some of us take this **** seriously.
  • Options
    darkstarkiriandarkstarkirian Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dilithium Exchange at the time of this post:
    Buy Zen 99
    Sell Zen 98
    [SIGPIC]Handle: @kirian_darkstar
    Fleets: Warriors of the Phoenix, Kirian Industries[/SIGPIC]
    Three years and still no Captain Klaa hair...
  • Options
    sollvaxsollvax Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    This whole exchange NEEDS to be locked to a set value and left there
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    admiraljt#1430 admiraljt Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Dilithium Exchange at the time of this post:
    Buy Zen 99
    Sell Zen 98

I love it.
  • Options
    walshicuswalshicus Member Posts: 1,314 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    sollvax wrote: »

Then it'd just be another vendor, not a player based economic system.

I think the better solution would be for you to get over the fact that the lines of supply and demand determine the price of Zen here! :)
    http://mmo-economics.com - analysing the economic interactions in MMOs.
  • Options
    snoge00fsnoge00f Member Posts: 1,812 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I just keep getting goodies with minimal time invested and nothing out of pocket. :cool:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    born2bwild1born2bwild1 Member Posts: 1,329 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    People must be selling everything they own and buying Zen and then selling the Zen for Dilthium

There is a Mountain of Zen for sale at 99/100/101/102 totalling more than 500k

98-94 there is only 150k

looks like a cliff

people must be selling their blood to buy Zen

It's a happy Christmas for Cryptic

I just hope people are not wasting it on Starbases - i still don't see the benefits to the stuff you get vs the amount of resources it cost to obtain.
  • Options
    twg042370twg042370 Member Posts: 2,312 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    I think the better solution would be for you to get over the fact that the lines of supply and demand determine the price of Zen here! :)

The most amazing part? The supply is still pretty good and the turn around time isn't that much longer. Some players are still having a fit over the loss of their one click exploit missions so they've taken their ball and gone home.
    <3
  • Options
    fraghul2000fraghul2000 Member Posts: 1,590 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only thing about the exchange I don't like is the fact that only shows that small bracket of exchange rates. To become a true, player-controlled market, we should be able to see the whole range of offers, from 50 dil/zen up to the 400 (?) dil/zen cap at all times.

Other than that...love it. Bought myself a bunch of stuff on the zen-store which would have taken me 2-3 times as long a few months ago.
  • Options
    squidheadjaxsquidheadjax Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    The only thing about the exchange I don't like is the fact that only shows that small bracket of exchange rates. To become a true, player-controlled market, we should be able to see the whole range of offers, from 50 dil/zen up to the 400 (?) dil/zen cap at all times.

Other than that...love it. Bought myself a bunch of stuff on the zen-store which would have taken me 2-3 times as long a few months ago.

The only point to having more than the current winning-bid price displayed for each side is to get a sense of which way the preponderance of supply is nudging the market.

I'm just about out of C-store stuff that I really want to buy. I mean, I cold probably casually grind up a Vesta set in this dil economy, but I don't want one. Maybe start another KDF char and use the Nausicaan ships or Orion ones...
    SQUIRREL!
  • Options
    skyranger1414skyranger1414 Member Posts: 1,785 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    Well its official only a complete idiot /total newcomer would trade zen at this price

so dilith is now worthless

Or someone with lots of money and little time. Incidentally that is the kind of customer that F2P MMOs love to have. Someone who places a high value on their free time and is not adverse to spending lavishly on their hobbies. Not to mention the appreciation they deservedly get from their fleet if they dump it all into the starbase.

Sadly, players that are neither whales not zero cash F2P'ers are the ones that will be unsatisfied with the current system. Because value is relative and they find themselves on teh wrong side of a constantly moving curve. To all such players the only advice anyone can give you is to transition to full F2P mode and simply accept the game offers too little value to YOU for what you used to pay... but its still a GREAT value if you aren't paying for it at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    walshicus wrote: »
    Then it'd just be another vendor, not a player based economic system.

They don't

A group of speculators (numbering in the dozens not the thousands) are scamming the hell out of the exchange

This is why it needs to be FIXED
    iron clad and locked down

OR auto convert any stockpile of Dilith over 1 million into zen at the going rate and any stockpile of Zen over 20,000 into dilith at the going rate

OR allow a person to EITHER buy or sell zen in any 48 hour period

or both such options

or perhaps a 20% tax on profits
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They don't

A group of speculators (numbering in the dozens not the thousands) are scamming the hell out of the exchange

OR auto convert any stockpile of Dilith over 1 million into zen at the going rate and any stockpile of Zen over 20,000 into dilith at the going rate

or both such options

Its a bad thing to do, and without any proof.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    What would this 20% tax on Profits be used for after it's collected?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Nothing it would be "oblivionated"
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Can this tax be payed once for all annual profits? So that if we take a loss at some point we will be able to write said losses off?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    You would have to take that up with the Liquidators
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    xantrisxantris Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

No. That defeats the purpose.

The prices wouldn't be where they are if people weren't buying at those prices. If its too expensive for you, just don't buy. When enough people stop buying, supply goes up and dilithium value drops.
  • Options
    sonicshowersonicshower Member Posts: 216 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I hope it goes lower
    sh2sxc7.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    xantris wrote: »
    No. That defeats the purpose.

The prices wouldn't be where they are if people weren't buying at those prices. If its too expensive for you, just don't buy. When enough people stop buying, supply goes up and dilithium value drops.

Myth

the "purpose" currently seems to be to make a profit for the Dilith mafia
    the speculators

Forget expensive (I could right now buy 10,000 zen if I wanted to)
    but the point is its no longer worth it

dilith is not worth the price

and it won't be until the speculators are shut down
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    A Tax? Seriously, what a stupid idea. Like we need another sink. :rolleyes:
    It's Cryptics fault for nerfing Dilitium income in the first place.
    Even when they restored it, they set the fall in motion and people with lots of Dilthium saw they didn't have to pay for the current rate if they aren't in a hurry.
    So they just didn't buy for a while hoping for a better rate.
    And without people buying up offers since there is nothing good in the C-Store it just kept on falling.
    Adding some scam like an artificial tax won't do a thing. You're just going to get even less than now.

I don't know if this was Cryptics goal or not. I mean they had to see this coming.
    With a system like the Dilithium exchange in place, where Dil and Zen can easily be exchanged.
    If you up the value of Dilithium by decreasing the supply, while Zen currently has the same uses as before, lockbox gambleing and buying Fleet modules.

I suppose they were hoping people with too much money on their hands will keep on buying regardless of the bad rates to get their Dilithium supply.
    I don't know if it worked or if everyone just stopped buying Zen until the rates get better.

But personally I like it. I have tons of Dilitium, and can buy Zen for cheap.

Edit: Of course they claimed the Dilithium nerf would *increase* the amount of Dilithium. So maybe they just are that stupid.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Taxes exist to support government (in this case Developers)

imagine if every time someone bought zen with dilith a 5th of the zen vanished
    and every time someone bought the dilith a 5th vanished

the Tax then goes to pay for CONTENT

Actually Id like to see all speculation STOP
    the main exchange be capped at +/- 10% of base price
    and a limit on the amount of ZEN an account can have
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    obertheromulanobertheromulan Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Buying Zen already does that. Putting some fake 20% on top is nothing more than a scam.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Vornek@oberlerchner123 - Join Date: July 2008
  • Options
    pwecangetlostpwecangetlost Member Posts: 538 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I don't know what the problem is, I'm getting vastly more dilithium than before, I'm maxed out for the first time since dilithium was introduced and that's just from doing what I want to do in the game, which is how it should have been in the first place. I definitely think this supports casual players a lot more though, rather than farmers who were abusing the system to just get as much as possible.
  • Options
    luxchristianluxchristian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2012

Where is your proof that the current rates are the results of specuation?
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Sadly forum rules prevent me naming names etc

but its definately happening

I have seen 40,000 zen snapped up in 5 seconds

There are people deliberately changing the rate to make a profit (we call these people Speculators)
    indeed there are people out there with zen balances in the 6 figures
    there should be a cap on zen ownership
    AND dilith ownership
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    I am fine with speculation.

I am just puzzled developers want the dil rate to be low, I guess it make sense if they assume people will buy dil for zen no matter how low it gets.

From my perspective people who throw cash at zen are entitled to get a lot out of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2012
    Im ALWAYS serious

This Game needs income.
    We need a cash flow to pay for content
    and would not a tax on speculation be better than lockboxes ??

But while speculation exists the whole game is under threat

its much the same as real world financial speculation
    it only harms
    Live long and Prosper
  • Options
    erei1erei1 Member Posts: 4,081 Arc User
    edited December 2012
    They don't

or both such options

And penalize people like me, who takes this opportunity to buy zen cheaper, and unlock costumes/various item ?
    What's the point of a free zen/dil market, if it's not free ?

Some people will always find a way to scam something. They represent a minority, and penalizing the whole community because of them is bad. Especially when they won't be penalized that much.

They already broke the DOFF system, and it was a minigame I liked to do. Now, I don't do it anymore, because of the dil cost. They nerfed the foundry mission reward, it was the foundry author and player that was penalized for a while. Some of them are still penalized.

Scammer already found another efficient way to do their business.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]