Install Arc

Lifetime Sub Sale + New Benefit

Comments

• mbomberdavidmbomberdavid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lokikin wrote: »
    Dude or Dudette...

Just stop... please...

Special "I'm so important that you MUST hear what I have to say." font and coloring... Check...

Stating opinion as fact... repeatedly... Check...

Condescending phrasing... Check...

Hell, I AGREE with you and your posts STILL make me wanna argue with you...

It's like an election, and I've found one candidate that stands for what I believe in, but he's such a jerk I don't even wanna vote...

:rolleyes:

Too funny!!! love your post and happily read it. i could not even look at the ones you refer to - i just zoned out and it did not enter my mind. But yours grabbed me - funny funny funny and all too true.
  • skiffy1skiffy1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I calculated most items based on current pricing of similar items in the Zen store. The items listed as Unknown Value are ones which didn't have a similar item currently for sale.

Subscriber Features:
    Energy Cap Increase - 500 Zen
    1 Character Slot - 312 Zen
    Auto Dil Refining - Unknown Value
    6 Bridge Officer Slots - 750 Zen Total Per Character
    30 Inventory Slots - 1000 Zen Total Per Character
    60 Bank Slots - 1500 Zen Total Per Character
    20 Account Bank Slots - 2000 Zen Total
    6 Respec Tokens - 2500 Zen Total Per Character
    8 Foundry Project Slots - 20000 Dilithium
    Priority Login, Full Chat/Mail Access, Full Customer Service Access, No ads in voice chat, No limitations for fleet creation.

Stipend (500 Zen/month)

Vet Reward Features:
    4 Respecs - 2000 Zen Total Per Character
    3 Ship Slots - 750 Zen Total Per Character
    2 Character Slots - 625 Zen Total
    2 Costume Slots - 250 Zen Total Per Character
    3 Costume Pieces (FED/KDF) - Unknown Value
    2 Costumes (FED/KDF) - 550 Zen Per Faction
    11 Titles - Unknown Value
    2 Forum Titles - Unknown Value
    Captain's Table Access - Unknown Value
    Mugato Pet - 300 Zen Per Character
    2 Ships (FED/KDF) - 2500 Zen Per Faction
    2 Shuttles (FED/KDF) - 500 Zen Per Faction
    Ship Skin Material - 550 Zen Per Faction
    Duty Officer Assignment (1K Dil Mining) - Unknown Value
    5% Team Skill Boost - Unknown Value
    Fireworks Emote - Unknown Value
    Android Bridge Officer - 500 Zen

Lifetime Exclusive Features:
    Liberated Borg Species - 600 Zen
    Costume Insignia - Unknown Value
    Title - Unknown Value
    Forum Title - Unknown Value

When added up, the approximate value of a single max level toon with the first month's stipend is 18187 Zen, plus a ton of random 'priceless' stuff, gaining 500 Zen value per month.

But wait, there's more! Nearly all of this is multiplied if you start additional characters. Obviously the stipend, forum titles, Borg playable species, character slots, and account bank slots do not multiply, but you can add between 9550 and 13650 Zen for each additional character. The additional character value is highly debatable because of the Costumes and Ships. Since these types of unlocks in the Zen store are usually account-wide, you'd only have to purchase them once per faction, meaning your first KDF toon would be worth about 13650 Zen, and additional Fed or KDF toons after that would be worth roughly 9550 Zen. Again this is all calculated assuming they are max level.

I know it's a lot of math, but I hope you find this helpful.
  • awt1967awt1967 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    really arsed this one up Cryptic
  • sylent1sylent1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I really wish Cryptic still ran STO, I would hope they wouldn't want to chance losing all those lifetime members that have been here the whole time from the beginning. It is such a slap in the face to those of us that have been here since Beta testing in some cases. I agree with letting new lifetime subscribers get credit for time played, but letting some new guy that has never been in the game get the full 1000 day bonus is just for buying a lifetime subscription is just ... sigh ... what's the point? It is only about making money from new players, who cares about those that have invested so much time.
  • jentharanjentharan Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Thanks TRIBBLE the people who bought it from the start over again by just giving everyone everything without them having to wait...
    thanks a bunch!!
  • rhiaroserhiarose Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Maybe this has been said before but, im really confused by all the people claiming to have "earned" their 1000 day ships by being here since day 1. Im not sure how you earn something that is given to you, its not like you had to grind for the ship or perform super human feats of EQ 1 style Epic Quest heroism. You paid money, you got a ship, people do that on the C-store all the time. As for people getting them all unlocked for buying a lifetime sub?

well basically at the core, they bought something on sale for a lower price than you did. You paid 14.99 a month for 3 years, they paid 199-299 up front, got the ship on sale so to speak, if I buy a new car and take out a 5 year loan, and next year someone buys the same model used for a lower price cash, I dont start screaming in the streets about h ow I earned my car cause I Was there from day 1.
  • xenor002xenor002 Member Posts: 424
    edited October 2012
    jentharan wrote: »
    Thanks TRIBBLE the people who bought it from the start over again by just giving everyone everything without them having to wait...
    thanks a bunch!!
    We know you have a lot of options when it comes to how you spend your time. That's why it means so much to us that you choose to spend it with Star Trek Online. To show our appreciation, we've put together these great Veteran Rewards for anyone who's been a Star Trek Online subscriber for 100 to 1,000 days with new reward sets every one hundred days.

Every time I look at this now......
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] EXPLORE.

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
    Something should be done for those who cared enough to have a 1000+ day sub.
  • levi3levi3 Member Posts: 1,663 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    sylent1 wrote: »
    I really wish Cryptic still ran STO, I would hope they wouldn't want to chance losing all those lifetime members that have been here the whole time from the beginning. It is such a slap in the face to those of us that have been here since Beta testing in some cases. I agree with letting new lifetime subscribers get credit for time played, but letting some new guy that has never been in the game get the full 1000 day bonus is just for buying a lifetime subscription is just ... sigh ... what's the point? It is only about making money from new players, who cares about those that have invested so much time.

If an "old" player is no longer putting money into the game they become a liability vs an asset. If they can suck new money out of a newer player - they then become an asset - until they stop putting money into the game and become a liability.

Unlike a game company that makes a game then its only cost is producing the DVD/box/paper and some support, Cryptic has mostly on-going costs of development which requires constant flows of money. To keep the game going you have to keep paying for ever - or at least a good number of people do. The free-to-play model is just an fantasy, in reality it has to be pay to play - just disguised as other things.
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    rhiarose wrote: »
    Maybe this has been said before but, im really confused by all the people claiming to have "earned" their 1000 day ships by being here since day 1. Im not sure how you earn something that is given to you, its not like you had to grind for the ship or perform super human feats of EQ 1 style Epic Quest heroism. You paid money, you got a ship, people do that on the C-store all the time. As for people getting them all unlocked for buying a lifetime sub?

well basically at the core, they bought something on sale for a lower price than you did. You paid 14.99 a month for 3 years, they paid 199-299 up front, got the ship on sale so to speak, if I buy a new car and take out a 5 year loan, and next year someone buys the same model used for a lower price cash, I dont start screaming in the streets about h ow I earned my car cause I Was there from day 1.

The problem isn't the price of the LTS or the money earned / saved over time. Cryptic billed it as a "veteran reward" and explained that you earned it by having a sub for XX amount of time which made you a gaming veteran. Had they named it something simpler like "subscription perks" no one would be arguing about this.

In your example, it would be like someone giving you an award for driving your car for 1000 days straight, while at the same time someone who just bought the same car gets the same thing immediately. I'm not aware of any car company giving that type of award in real-life so your analogy is incorrect.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • joxertm2joxertm2 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    levi3 wrote: »
    The free-to-play model is just an fantasy, in reality it has to be pay to play - just disguised as other things.

f2p is a scandal and should be called as you said further in the sentence - pay-to-play.
    Yes, there is a free content inside, but excuse me, games that respect their audience call the free content - a demo. Would you play a game that would call itself a demo? No. Neither would I.

But the problem is not the name of the scandalous concept. No.
    The problem is when the game, of any financial system, "free to play" fraud or subscription model or whatever else, the problem is when under every nicelooking name, the game is actually p2w. Pay to win. Is STO pay to win game? I won't answer it.
    It's an offtopic here.

Lifetime subscription is now cheap (well... comparing other games that have it) and sorry but noone is trying to con anyone with it. LTS is on sale, it's $199 now, they don't cover it with f2p nonsense title or such TRIBBLE, by stating what you get and for what amount, they're honest. Brag all day you want, I can only respect when someone says that the green color is green and not red.
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ....It is no longer a veteran award and Cryptic should state that......

And if Cryptic would just come out and say it; about 85% of the complaining would stop.
    But to allow a sub with 30 days to use the "Veteran" Title is offensive. Whether in the real world or in cyberspace the title of "Veteran" is never bought; it is earned.
  • tfomegatfomega Member Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Perhaps it is one last move by Cryptic to get some "last minute" money in the door before something bad happens to the game. They are giving all of the perks up front in case you don't have "1000 days" to earn them.

Remember the disclaimer in the lifetime subscription that says:
    Lifetime subscription covers your subscription fee for as long as the game is in service.

They could close the doors afterward. Not saying this is going to happen nor the game is going to end-- only Cryptic/PWE can confirm their intentions.

All I am saying is be careful. If you are expecting to get equivalent gold subscriber months out of your lifetime subscription purchase, you are not _guaranteed_ that amount of time.

I AM NOT A FAN OF PWE!!!!
    MEMBER SINCE JANUARY 2010
  • pingaheadpingahead Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    How many season did TNG last?
    How many seasons did DS9 last?
    Voyager?

I'm not accusing: just saying:

BUYER BEWARE
    edited October 2012
    The problem isn't the price of the LTS or the money earned / saved over time. Cryptic billed it as a "veteran reward" and explained that you earned it by having a sub for XX amount of time which made you a gaming veteran. Had they named it something simpler like "subscription perks" no one would be arguing about this.

In your example, it would be like someone giving you an award for driving your car for 1000 days straight, while at the same time someone who just bought the same car gets the same thing immediately. I'm not aware of any car company giving that type of award in real-life so your analogy is incorrect.

^ This. /10char...........

Dec '07 Account
    I EARNED 1000 days...I didn't BUY it! New LTS=Death to Vet.System: 10/10/12 Never Forget
  • ychildychild Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    To me, This just cheapens the veteran rewards program, to buy a Life time Subscriber to get all of the Veteran rewards. It sucks for those who have been playing this game since the game went live.
  • bolawonbolawon Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    ychild wrote: »
    To me, This just cheapens the veteran rewards program, to buy a Life time Subscriber to get all of the Veteran rewards. It sucks for those who have been playing this game since the game went live.

Your join date is June 2012. I lol'd.
  • vinru821vinru821 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    bolawon wrote: »

Joke is on you buddy, we all got reset with our join dates.. June 2012 is the earliest.
    :eek:
  • kobayashlmarukobayashlmaru Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012

That's the month when the STO forums switched over. Unless you played other PWE games before that, June is the earliest join date date you can have.

YChild has been on the forum for years. And see mine, I've been here since 2008.
    Kobayashi Maru

"Holographic tissue paper for the holographic runny nose. Don't give them to patients." - The Doctor
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited October 2012

Good argument, if it wasn't for the small issue:
    That's the month when the STO forums switched over. Unless you played other PWE games before that, June is the earliest join date date you can have.

YChild has been on the forum for years. And see mine, I've been here since 2008.

^This... I have been here since Oct 2008... Passing 1000 day sub in 9 days.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Yep... the day They "Nerfed" the Veterans in the forums...

Another really popular decision that endeared Them to much of the player base...

:rolleyes:
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    vinru821 wrote: »
    Joke is on you buddy, we all got reset with our join dates.. June 2012 is the earliest. SMH

This ^^^ I lol'd at the original lol. We all got levelled in the great forum reset :eek:
    server_hamster6.png
  • radiowjtmradiowjtm Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    i started the day the game went on sale in wal mart. i payed monthly for 1 year and got my lifetime subscrtion on the first sale. at the time of the bouns being handed out i still had 200 days left foe my 1000. but if you count the 365 days i paid for by the monthe i was already well over the mark. so let it go guys as a reward how about also giving the lifers red matter capacitors and tr 116s .
    edited October 2012

Welcome to STO.

Fact you should know; forums got reset account wise and the earliest date is June 2012...so "LOL" right back at you along with the others.

Dec '07 Account
  • darkjeffdarkjeff Member Posts: 2,590 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    It bears repeating that nobody actually lost anything here, except perhaps some imaginary prestige which nobody else actually cares about.
  • tosveteranstosveterans Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I believe that if you invest in the game by buying a lifetime that you ARE a veteran. Just like if you believe in defending your country and you spend one day in the Gulf and then come home you are considered a veteran and should be respected as such. Now if they gave those perks to a silver that has not put ANY money into the game then would have a problem with that. Just MHO

Besides a real great guy in our fleet that has been saving up for just such a sale gets an extra bonus.
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I've been around a while now, though clearly not as long as some - I was only coming up on my 700-day reward. Nevertheless, I am generally not a big fan of the Forums' trend of "witty" banter and typically insulting commentary, so I don't read or chime in much.

But, today I thought I'd jump into the fray. First off, I can very clearly see the point of those who feel as if they have been "devalued" by new subscribers being placed on "equal" footing. If you have been running the race, bunny tail twitching while patiently waiting for some of these benefits, only to have the proverbial tortoise catch up to you with one leap, it does seem a bit unfair, and it would seem that all of your efforts were in vain if everyone can cross the finish line at the same time. I also see the point of those who feel that PWE has taken the money route over the customer appreciation route. (...well, sort of - actually, everyone who buys a LTS, regardless of when, gets the same "appreciation.")

However, the fact is, everyone would have crossed the finish line anyway, soon or late, so whether you had your vet ship, title, or what-have-you before someone else, every LTS account would have caught up to you in the end. I'm not sure how several days, a month, even a year of "I have it and you don't" makes one feel more valued, particularly wherein this is a game, and those things you "have"...well, you don't really "have..."

I have heard a lot of vets say, over the last while, "OH, this is frustrating - why do I have to wait another 100 (or however many) days for [insert item/title here]?!" Well, now YOU have everything you were promised and don't have to wait anymore - does it really matter that someone else has the same title as you; the same ship; a Mugato monkey?

With certain mission rewards that come and go, the differences in access to things via the various Starbase Tiers, and the variations in the amount of "grind" each person puts in, there is always going to be something you have that someone else doesn't - there will always be the "Haves" and the "Have-nots." In short, if it makes you feel you are more a part of the game and the STO community than others to have something someone else doesn't, I'm sure there will be something you can find to distinguish yourself.

Personally, I don't really care that yesterday's newly purchased LTSer got the 700-day reward that I was due in another month or so - because SO DID I...

The only thing that really annoys me about all of this is that there are going to be even more people shooting off the stupid firework emotes all of the time, and DS9 is going to be swimming in Mugato dung! :rolleyes:
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • clannmacclannmac Member Posts: 279 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I believe that if you invest in the game by buying a lifetime that you ARE a veteran. Just like if you believe in defending your country and you spend one day in the Gulf and then come home you are considered a veteran and should be respected as such. Now if they gave those perks to a silver that has not put ANY money into the game then would have a problem with that. Just MHO

Besides a real great guy in our fleet that has been saving up for just such a sale gets an extra bonus.

Well put! ;)
    366400.jpg

Fleet Commander
    Caprica's Revenge
    (...actually active since November 2010, which may one day be important to archaeologists, but not to anyone else...)
  • lgxllgxl Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Damn, there are a lot of crying pussies in here. Man up people!

Don't you understand that keeping all things running for this game, like servers and such, actually cost money in the real world.

IDK how you feel; I've bought a LTS and now have the same perks as you!

na na nana na! :P
    Buoyancy
    That fine line between ship or submarine
  • edna#7310 edna Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    lgxl wrote: »
    Don't you understand that keeping all things running for this game, like servers and such, actually cost money in the real world.

And you thought to say that when the Pentium 2 server (without S for plural) is dead :rolleyes:
  • crazywarshipcrazywarship Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    what is wrong with the game why is it offline