test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Godholio wrote: »
    Making fun of people in a video game surely is the same as a felony, yup.

Everyone who has posted in this thread should be banned.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »
    Everyone who has posted in this thread should be banned.

Then who will sell cookies to the railway works after the horn has sounded???
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    Then who will sell cookies to the railway works after the horn has sounded???

You should have considered that before you posted! :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hara wrote: »
    There is no such thing as a "waste" of genetic material. The complexity of design contained therein, regardless of your subjective assessment of its source, is a valuable tool for medical research and discovery.

Dr. Crell Moset's research trials on Bajorans, for example, yielded numerous advances in humanoid orthodontics and maxillofacial reconstructive approaches. But like you, Moset considered his subjects to have no value - "life unworthy of life," if you will.

However, you and all other Federation members benefit from the advances from this "worthless" research, as evidenced by your perfectly aligned teeth and captivatingly white smiles.

But if you can find nothing to smile about, it is YOU, sir, who are contributing to waste.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

Hara,
    Will you be my Goon wife and have my Goon babies?
    [I'm not roleplaying]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Free Arus!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xarthos wrote: »
    Free Arus!

I am renaming my ship to the USS Free Arus, NCC-2229470 in support of this.

Edit: I am also upset that I got an infraction point for making a dentist joke. Apparently it's okay to be racist against dentists, but not jews.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I Like Pie
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ryllynyth wrote: »
    I am renaming my ship to the USS Free Arus, NCC-2229470 in support of this.

Edit: I am also upset that I got an infraction point for making a dentist joke. Apparently it's okay to be racist against dentists, but not jews.

I should report you for your comment about the railway works your heartless bread maker.
    I Like Pie

Pie is overrated Brownies forever.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    I should report you for your comment about the railway works your heartless bread maker.

First dentists and now bread makers? :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xarthos wrote: »
    Free Arus!

Who's Arus and will freeing said individual bring about the end times? If so, sign me up for a t-shirt and beer helmet.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    Who's Arus and will freeing said individual bring about the end times? If so, sign me up for a t-shirt and beer helmet.

You fool! Do you know what you've done?!?

*flees*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rakescar wrote: »
    I thought I told 'cabbit to let me know about silly stuff like this so I could join in on the fun.

I am offended by this video, it's use of mechanics, and people involved, mostly because it did not involve me in any way.

You've been hard to find, Rake! Sorry.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's a sad day when a group of people take the time out of their day to kill some nit witted Klingon's making the game better for all only to have the players they were trying to help turn on them SHAME ON YOU:eek:. this cookie is for those who dare dream the dream of dreaming of a Klingon free game.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its not bannable, as the GMs are giving them excuses

well, it used to be startrek online, guess itll be goonfleet online now, as the GMs are letting them ruin their game for them, they dont have to try so hard on their own anymore

You should just pack it up and walk away. There's a reason it's stupid for politicians to go after Rush Limbaugh or Jon Stewart. They're just there to mock people (albeit Stewart does a better job of it and with a better grip on reality). They can turn anything into a joke and make anyone look like a fool for crossing them whether that person's a fool or not.

This reaction, the outrage, is why Goons do this stuff. They get attention. Even telling folks that won't help because it will never stop. If it's not you getting apoplectic it'll be someone else.

What you do, my friend, is just hope someone they victimize files complaints in compliance with whatever rules Cryptic has set up complete with documentation. And eventually these will stack up. That's how this gets fixed. In Eve Online there were few if any rules. In STO there are.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I didnt think it could happen, but this video has inspired me to play again!
    I though ST:O was just a boring pew-pew fest, now i see the rich creamy goodness of it all.

Long live Starfleet Dental!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wyloc wrote: »
    I didnt think it could happen, but this video has inspired me to play again!
    I though ST:O was just a boring pew-pew fest, now i see the rich creamy goodness of it all.

Long live Starfleet Dental!

Your going to need Starfleet Dental if you keep eating rich creamy goodness, remember to floss.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nice work guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When the part with the guy in the captains chair has someone come up and do pushup's infront of him, i nearly fell out of my chair laughing.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    uhhh....what the **** happened there? It just looks like a bunch of guys blowing each other up. Then comes the part they should be banned for.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    spartan844 wrote:
    uhhh....what the **** happened there? It just looks like a bunch of guys blowing each other up. Then comes the part they should be banned for.

What part is it that they should be banned for? The Dev was there and even posted here there will be no banning.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oh. Well, it's not my job to read all 89 pages of user posts....... But i still think they should at least replace all their stuff with standard issue phasers and the like. Or better yet, change all their equipped items to standard issue (unless there is no standard issue for it) and replace everything in their inventories and banks with TRIBBLES!!! BUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    having been there i can tell you tribbles were used against the klingons to antagnoize us.

also i killed a bunch of you guys in pvp today. you really suck so i see why you guys need to resort to greiving in order to kill perople hahaha.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    if only there was more Klingon content i'd be a klingon player. It seems that federation players are behaving more and more like dumbasses in PVP. I'll say "Stick together guys" and only 3 or 4 people stick with me, actually making some progress, while everyone else splits up and walk right into ambushes. The PVP problem isn't a balancing issue, the issue is that 7/10 FEDERATION PLAYERS IN STO ARE DUMBASSES WHEN IT COMES TO PVP
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Having been there yourself would you call this greiving? Alot of people who werent there seem to be armchair quarterbacking this calling it not greifing but from the sound of things you feel you were greifed.

it is a shame the gms arent doing anything about this. i hope the path has fixed this bug!
    I would most definitely call this griefing! Perhaps I was naive to accept a blind invite, but the fact remains that the actions of those fleet members was most egregious, as they were camping the spawn site, weapons ready. How much sport is there for a Lv. 26 character to one-shot a Lv. 5 character?
    Vasten wrote:
    So you were not told that by going onto a Fed ship you could get money or items?
    I received no prior communication. In retrospect, that should've put up a red flag, as I make it a habit not to accept blind invites. Thinking it was from a friend, I let my guard down, and those predatory p'tachs took that as a sign of weakness. Had I been lured to the "Bridge of Death" by the promise of money or items, it would've been my own fault for being greedy and I would not now be here in such a vitriolic vexment.
    Vasten wrote:
    Expect there are no housing zone in a PvP zone though I do see what your getting at. In STO we take our house so to speak into the PVP so I still stand my thoughts of " Your in a PvP zone you should have known better"
    I was not in a PvP zone, per se. I was in the Qo'NoS Training Hall, having only just created the character which was, minutes later, invited to what I thought was a friend's bridge, only to be ganked by a gang of griefers.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How much sport is there for a Lv. 26 character to one-shot a Lv. 5 character?

You haven't played a MMO before have you?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You haven't played a MMO before have you?
    Then you *are* admitting that there is no sport, that such bellicose behavior *does* stem from the griefers, like all bullies, being craven cowards who don't have enough confidence in their own abilities -- in and out of the game -- to behave with the dignity which they would *demand* if they were in place of their victims.

I just want to make sure that I have that correct.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just wanted to pop in here and say Free Arus.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Then you *are* admitting that there is no sport, that such bellicose behavior *does* stem from the griefers, like all bullies, being craven cowards who don't have enough confidence in their own abilities -- in and out of the game -- to behave with the dignity which they would *demand* if they were in place of their victims.

No, I was asking because you keep using words like "sport" and "dignity" about an internet spaceship game and then inferring a bunch of crazy delusional real life stuff from it. I don't think I can think of an mmo where a more powerful player was completely prevented from stomping on those with less power in some way.

EDIT: Free Arus
  • Options
    edited February 2010

I asked this of the other person that claimed to have been there, so I'm going to do the same for you (this isn't an attack, just an honest question):

Did you report it?
    If so, what action(s) was taken if any?
    What were you told by the GMs, if anything?

If you didn't report the incident, why not?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    How hysterical that the Goons were run off EVE, after Steven Conover proclaimed they never would be, and now they are here.

If youve ever seen a Goonfleet youtube video of their "gatherings" well, lets just say Jenny Craig would make a fortune off these guys.
This discussion has been closed.