test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

1363738394042»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Allow me to summarise:
    *bursts into tears*
    Al

As I do not believe you took my last post to heart, here is a little something to mull over:
    You, Jake "Chock" Freedom, have become one of the biggest jokes on the internet. I can hardly restrain myself from falling straight out of my chair with laughter each time I read your posts, and the only reason I'm not stuck on the floor hiccuping giggles right now is because I forced myself to take breaks in-between paragraphs.
    Let's put a few things in perspective, in the faint hopes that you will one day have a realization through your thick skull:
    You are playing an online video game about STAR TREK. You have no dignity.
    You imagine yourself to be smarter than the people that make a giant joke out of you, and yet all you do is set yourself up to be ridiculed and laughed at (Calling the fbi is an excellent example).
    You are perhaps the most closed minded, ignorant, blatantly stupid person to have ever posted on the STO forums, simply coming from the fact that you believe yourself to be otherwise.
    Also, I have reported your lawless conduct to the FBI. Enjoy your stay in federal prison ;)
    Here's your id: 111111111118675309111111111111
    Get over yourself, you giant manbaby.

Al
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I don't know if anyone has posted the greatness that is Chock's youtube featuring Microsoft Flight Simulator movies...but here is Chock the movie:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTmZXteZ420

Oh, and...

Al

:D

Hilarious! I've already e-blasted this across the internet- nobody should miss out on having such a good laugh!

Al
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    There's also an artistic short film entitled simply...

Serengeti Ice Cream Wars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEeMUsdA5Y0

Wow, it's just so brilliant. So much is filling every frame. I hope this thing makes it into Sundance.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Serengeti Ice Cream Wars

Wow, it's just so brilliant. So much is filling every frame. I hope this thing makes it into Sundance.

You can see the high production value in this one, he had every right to criticize Starfleet Dental's video, it obviously pales in comparison to his in not only editing, but creativity as well!
  • Options
    edited March 2010

Serengeti Ice Cream Wars

Every ONE of those is a goldmine! I'm laughing so hard it hurts :D
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Whoa, one of the comments on these videos...

"Endy01 (2 years ago)

That's the second movie of yours i've watched, very funny. Keep em coming"

Once we are done with Chock, I think we found the next person that needs a griefing...

Oh, and in doing some more investigation, one of the videos calls reference to subsim.com, and there I found this picture of submeet 2009:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y288/Carotio/LBS/DSC00665b.jpg

Could that be our very special friend in the front on the right? That's an awfully familiar hat...
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Ummm. I'm sorry, but, that's just hilarious. There's no DP. Who cares? It's not like in EVE where these people would have lost like infinity credits and a year's worth of play time. This is nothing but hilarious, esp that the GMs then equalized the playing field. Awesome.

The mods either are goons or theyre too scared of them to do anything anyways
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    The mods either are goons or theyre too scared of them to do anything anyways

Why would anyone be scared of goons? Goons are the definition of fat neckbearded cheeto-cramming mountain dew swilling nerds.

-Al
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Why would anyone be scared of goons? Goons are the definition of fat neckbearded cheeto-cramming mountain dew swilling nerds.

-Al

Agreed. They wield no real power

Al
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    guys stop making jokes i'm literally posting this from federal prison
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Tighclops wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~ Phoxe

Jeffries' Tube is killing me.

Al
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I've been watching the videos and I think I know why the bridges were made so big. I smell a conspiracy...

And might I suggest, O Spartans of Non-Immersion, that you name your next Death-Ship the U.S.S. Thermopylae?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Shrqansh wrote: »
    I've been watching the videos and I think I know why the bridges were made so big. I smell a conspiracy...

And might I suggest, O Spartans of Non-Immersion, that you name your next Death-Ship the U.S.S. Thermopylae?

• Options
    edited March 2010
    Damn, you failed to take the bait... I mean, er, kudos.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    More more! That was fantastic!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Aggravator wrote: »
    More more! That was fantastic!

I think that bag of tricks was a one-shot deal... :). Anyway, off to bed.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All!

What a long thread!

Anyways, just want to clear up a couple things on the GM end:
    • The fact that you can invite players of the opposing faction is a bug, a critical one at that! Sure, I bet Kirk would readily accept any random invitation to be beamed up to an enemy ship, just for a good fight, but the current intended design is that only members of the same faction can be on the same bridge
    • The GMs do not condone griefing in any shape or form
    • The GMs are investigating claims of griefing on a case by case basis and will take the appropriate action as necessary
    • Throughout the lifetime of an MMO, there will be times when a new issue pops up. As GMs, our initial response to an issue is always subject to change. Sure, our awesome GM Indigofyre took the first look at this, and it seemed alright at the time, but that does not by any stretch mean it's always OK to do forever. We as GMs have the right to change our mind if something seems cool at first, but after uncovering additional information, we decide that it's not appropriate

BAN HAMMER IS GO?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    GM_Destra wrote:
    Hey All!

What a long thread!

Anyways, just want to clear up a couple things on the GM end:
    • The fact that you can invite players of the opposing faction is a bug, a critical one at that! Sure, I bet Kirk would readily accept any random invitation to be beamed up to an enemy ship, just for a good fight, but the current intended design is that only members of the same faction can be on the same bridge
    • The GMs do not condone griefing in any shape or form
    • The GMs are investigating claims of griefing on a case by case basis and will take the appropriate action as necessary
    • Throughout the lifetime of an MMO, there will be times when a new issue pops up. As GMs, our initial response to an issue is always subject to change. Sure, our awesome GM Indigofyre took the first look at this, and it seemed alright at the time, but that does not by any stretch mean it's always OK to do forever. We as GMs have the right to change our mind if something seems cool at first, but after uncovering additional information, we decide that it's not appropriate
    Pavement0 wrote:
    BAN HAMMER IS GO?

OH God I hope so. We do not need people like those in Starfleet Dentist in STO.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    At 125 pages I think we have said all there is to say about the "Bridge of Death" trilogy.

It is time to bring this saga to a close.
This discussion has been closed.