test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Now that was quality entertainment. +1 to you guys.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is the most fun I've seen being had in this game. Good job guys
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm sorry but..

This is actually the most entertaining thing I'll have gotten from this game. Wish I could've been there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Now I know my name is yellow, which is going to have my words shine like truth, but this is going to be my opinion on how I look at things while on duty.

I consider griefing to be harassment that a player can not escape from in game. Logging off doesn't count because that is you escaping out of game.

With our one server system we have build into the game one of the greatest tools ever to grace an MMO: the "change instance" button.

"Change instance" will get you around 90% of the bugs in STO. Including all the griefing.

Someone is blocking a room on earth spacedock with cover shield? Change instance and you are free to move. People are blowing themselves up on sol space? Change instance and it is clear skys.

This does not mean that we want cover shield to be able to block social areas, or that we like having the ability to blow yourself up and hurt your fellow faction. It is our job to make sure stuff like that can not happen in our game, they are issues we need to fix.

What this means is that players can avoid these behaviors. If it is not a situation where you are trapped you should submit a ticket, change instance, and go on your way. Or change instance, submit a ticket, and go on your way, depending on how you feel.

You should always submit a ticket for these types of behaviors so we can research the situations accordingly. Tickets are the fastest way you can help inform us of bugs that hinder the enjoyment of players.

Considering that the exploding ships can so easily be avoided I would consider it more along the lines of exploitation of game mechanics then griefing, and action according to that.
    Alright then. Thank you for your answer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That was pretty damn funny to watch. Dont take stuff like that out of the game!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Stig wrote: »
    Everyone participating in this TRIBBLE should be banned. Those who shot at the klingons on the bridge are the definition of griefers, all deserve a perma ban.

They're goons. Griefing is what they're all about.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ban'em. Not like it'll matter much. Goons are the type that'll leave after the free time is up anyways. Since they're stated goal is to ruin every MMO, I'm sure they're the ones pushing for all the negative changes.... Don't give in to them, and they'll go away.

Losing their subscriptions will help you retain everyone elses, they are nothing but trouble. They are as aggressive as Klingons and as sneaky as Romulans.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what exactly is a "Goon" and why are people divided into one group that kisses their a$$ and one group that wants them all killed horribly?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ripcurl wrote:
    Please don't "fix" the cross faction bridges, our Fleet has been having some really great Role Playing sessions with Klingon Faction RPers on the bridge of a ship. If this is taken away, you'll be taking away something that is keeping us from being bored with nothing else to do while we await more content patches in the future.
    Rehpic wrote:
    The fix is to make bridges "neutral territory", where neither faction can attack the other. You will still be able to invite cross faction.
    Hurrah! I was playing my brand new Klingon Lt. 5 and got a blind invite. I thought it was a friend of mine, so I agreed to the invite. Next thing I knew, I'd been incapacitated by a Commander 6.

Sorry that those guys were "bored", but camping the spawn site was in very poor taste and showed what lousy sportsmen they are.

Epic fail.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mods, please rename this thread "Gooniest Goons do Goon stuff while Gooning around in GoonFleet" since everyone here seems to like to overuse the word goon and have been wearing it out for the last 80 pages. TIA
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ronan87 wrote: »
    79 pages... don't you guys have a life or something?

Ban the offenders, close this thread, fix the game.

Well hot damn I think the Dev's are going to ban the offenders and close this thread just because you said they should. This is a forum we can talk about anything we like to as long as it does not violate the UA so go make paper airplanes.................hmmmmm I haven't made one of those in a long time think I'll make one too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fluffdaddy wrote: »
    Mods, please rename this thread "Gooniest Goons do Goon stuff while Gooning around in GoonFleet" since everyone here seems to like to overuse the word goon and have been wearing it out for the last 80 pages. TIA

That would kinda be like the Smurfs smurfing around the Smurf while they all Smurfed the smurf.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xilr wrote:
    Ban'em. Not like it'll matter much. Goons are the type that'll leave after the free time is up anyways. Since they're stated goal is to ruin every MMO, I'm sure they're the ones pushing for all the negative changes.... Don't give in to them, and they'll go away.

Requesting a link to Goon Manifesto.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Godholio wrote: »
    Requesting a link to Goon Manifesto.

It is written in Cheeto dust and sweat, of course...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    On February 22nd members of Starfleet Dental continually self-destructed their starships over Earth Spacedock for over 2 hours, causing much chaos and tears.

Later, it was discovered that Klingons could be invited to a Federation Bridge, so 30ish members of Starfleet Dental created a cunning trap. Klingon characters were invited to the Bridge of Death, where they would continually be shot at and killed almost instantly.

Unable to reach the turbolift doors to escape, the Klingons were trapped on the Bridge of Death totally unable to escape.

Eventually the GMs got wise to our activities and imposed some restrictions on the Bridge of Death which were later ignored and chaos erupted as everyone just started running around killing each other.

A big thanks for the GMs who rather then just kick everyone out into open space opted to instead make sure the battle ended up being fun for both sides.
    Not only did those pathetic wastes of genetic material post a vid on YouTube (
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw), they actually had the temerity to raise their middle fingers to the GM's (as evidenced in the red highlighted text). They claim that "the battle ended up being fun for both sides", but I certainly did not have any fun having my character killed repeated with no chance for escape or to even put up a defense. Perma-banning is the only acceptable solution. Let them go somewhere else and act like the smouldering piles of waste material that they are.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw), they actually had the temerity to raise their middle fingers to the GM's (as evidenced in the red highlighted text). They claim that "the battle ended up being fun for both sides", but I certainly did not have any fun having my character killed repeated with no chance for escape or to even put up a defense. Perma-banning is the only acceptable solution. Let them go somewhere else and act like the smouldering piles of waste material that they are.
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    hmmm i found the video funny, i'm surprised about the over reaction, with some members equating this stunt (a digital stunt) as the equivalent of a real life crime like sexual assault.
    There is no comparision between this incident and a real life crime and to say otherwise i would think would be an insult to a real life victim of crime.

Nothing was lost here, no virtual destruction of property or skills, maybe a bruised ego or time wasted. But considering there is ingame remedies like logging out or changing instances, i fail to see the severity of this.

The fact is while some players might of been irritated, there was no death penalty, no item degradation, no credits spent. No virtual avatar was permanently harmed or had to spend credits to restore themselves as before.

The punishment is meant to fit the crime, calling for permaban is too serve and reaks of zealotry. If this is really the standard of griefing, i would classify this as on the lowest end of the spectrum as a warning offense with GM/Dev discretion whether or not to approach the incident.

Thanks for making me laugh on the video, the only thing that may be of concern, is that the klingon players were compensated for their time in making your movie? (if they were non guild members that is).
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Question why did you accept the invite????????
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    Question why did you accept the invite????????
    I thought that the invitation came from a friend of mine. I would not have accepted a blind invite otherwise.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Having been there yourself would you call this greiving? Alot of people who werent there seem to be armchair quarterbacking this calling it not greifing but from the sound of things you feel you were greifed.

it is a shame the gms arent doing anything about this. i hope the path has fixed this bug!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I thought that the invitation came from a friend of mine. I would not have accepted a blind invite otherwise.

So you were not told that by going onto a Fed ship you could get money or items?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ahahahaha that was hilarious! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    pvp is supposed to be concensual. PVP in sto is limited to battlegrounds you que for and for ceratin other zones but bridges are supposed ot be like houses. who would expect pvp in the housing area that goes against every over mmo.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow you guys are really overreacting to what happened in this COMPUTER GAME. Btw, did you know that if you log off and back on again it won't spawn you on a bridge? You had an easy way out that whole time.

There have been plenty times in PvP where the Klingons were camping my spawn point, but I didn't complain.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    pvp is supposed to be concensual. PVP in sto is limited to battlegrounds you que for and for ceratin other zones but bridges are supposed ot be like houses. who would expect pvp in the housing area that goes against every over mmo.

Expect there are no housing zone in a PvP zone though I do see what your getting at. In STO we take our house so to speak into the PVP so I still stand my thoughts of " Your in a PvP zone you should have known better" .
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Expect there are no housing zone in a PvP zone though I do see what your getting at. In STO we take our house so to speak into the PVP so I still stand my thoughts of " Your in a PvP zone you should have known better" .

there is no way to have known and it was a bug and goons exploited it. you guys know this is bannable witch is why you guys havent done it again because you no all of you would get banned and i hope you do!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there is no way to have known and it was a bug and goons exploited it. you guys know this is bannable witch is why you guys havent done it again because you no all of you would get banned and i hope you do!

You can't be banned for it the Dev already said you couldn't . The reason it has not been done a gain is because everyone already knows about it and is not stupid enough to except a invite in a PvP zone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mirek99 wrote:
    They're goons. Griefing is what they're all about.

However, as theres a "CHANGE INSTANCE" button, its all good.
    This is like the bullcrap "as long as theres a PVP option, its not grriefing" stance the guys in WoW take. Cause a lvl 16 can PVP a lvl 80 an its all good :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Too late with the wine. It's been fun guys, but I've more than achieved my objective, which was to make this thread so lengthy that the devs and forum moderators could hardly fail to notice it and how the intent to cause grief is something that you guys simply cannot resist doing, as evidenced by the ample set of posts which so ably confirm that. And you thought you were good at setting traps.

It's rarely been that simple to bait a hook and catch a fish, but to mix metaphors, a gift horse is a gift horse. Enjoy.

Al

You've never even kissed a girl before, have you?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You can't be banned for it the Dev already said you couldn't . The reason it has not been done a gain is because everyone already knows about it and is not stupid enough to except a invite in a PvP zone.

+1 This, I completely agree

Yeah it's stupid/silly/annoying but if you are stupid enough to fall for a trick like that then you deserve to taste some delicious darwinism and shed carebear tears.
This discussion has been closed.