test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

SystemSystem Member, NoReporting Posts: 178,019 Arc User
soyesterday some goonies started inviting kllingons onto their bridge and killing them so they couldn't leave, because when they spawned theyd just be stuck back on the bridge so they couldn't leave.

now theyre gloating about it on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

DO SOMETHIG ABOUT GOONS in this game:mad:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    They've Gone Too Far This Time!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I couldn't get off for an hour! The door wouldn't open!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    tinglus wrote:
    I couldn't get off for an hour! The door wouldn't open!

Problems with doors, you say? You and my bridge crew should sit down and have a talk about this some time, I'll explain all about doors.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Everyone participating in this TRIBBLE should be banned. Those who shot at the klingons on the bridge are the definition of griefers, all deserve a perma ban.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Meh. fofofo
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If those Klingers understood Starfleet protocols and followed rules like the rest of us they wouldn't have beamed aboard a federation starship bridge or accepted the invitation which is the only way they could possibly have been on that bridge in the first place.

[To the Devs who were working on my Antiproton issue I would like an answer as to the the serious problem with itemization. Please get back to my ticket numbered 697,000 something which I sent you during this event while I slaughtered Klingon intruders on a bridge in sol system]
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't know what this whole bridge thing is about, but the guy spraying the fire extinguisher was pretty hilarious
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ughhhhh these guys have gone way to far
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Perm ban them all. The don't deserve any better.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Oh, come on. It is funny. Anyone not wantint to play could have logged in and out.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Awesome, pure win. Thanks for being so much fun. ^^
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Really funny. Pretty creative to. waitng for episode 2.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just enjoying the post/sig combo
    The_Stig wrote: »
    Everyone participating in this TRIBBLE should be banned. Those who shot at the klingons on the bridge are the definition of griefers, all deserve a perma ban.
    edited February 2010
    Here are a couple of quotes from the Youtube video's info:

On February 22nd members of Starfleet Dental continually self-destructed their starships over Earth Spacedock for over 2 hours, causing much chaos and tears.

Klingon characters were invited to the Bridge of Death, where they would continually be shot at and killed almost instantly. bUnable to reach the turbolift doors to escape, the Klingons were trapped on the Bridge of Death totally unable to escape.

If that isn't the definition of griefing - i.e. deliberately trying to cause problems and prevent others from playing a game that they have paid to play - then I don't know what is. I certainly hope that some measures are taken against people who do that sort of thing in STO, as I don't think it is the least bit funny and in fact I'd prefer it if players who indulged in that sort of thing were prevented from deliberately trying to spoil other player's enjoyment.

Not only is it childish beyond belief, antisocial, and not a great image for the game either, but and I'm pretty sure that Paramount would not be thrilled at people indulging in that kind of thing under the guise of Star Trek. What is more, I'm absolutely certain Gene Roddenberry wouldn't have approved of people making life hard for others via his creation.

This sort of thing is covered by the license agreement too, so if they get a ban or some other measure of penalty, then they will have asked for it, and certainly will have deserved it too. We can well do without this kind of stupidity.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    I'm pretty sure that Paramount would not be thrilled at people indulging in that kind of thing under the guise of Star Trek.

Paramount would certainly not be thrilled to hear that furries are modifying canonical content to create (often erotic) roleplay scenarios. However, their presence is accepted in this game.

Please explain how your speculation of others' intent gives you the right to persecute furries, as I'm sure they'd like to know why you pass judgement on them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    also lighten up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People need to chill out its the klingon players fault for falling for the trap so get over it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:
    Here are a couple of quotes from the Youtube video's info:

On February 22nd members of Starfleet Dental continually self-destructed their starships over Earth Spacedock for over 2 hours, causing much chaos and tears.

Klingon characters were invited to the Bridge of Death, where they would continually be shot at and killed almost instantly. bUnable to reach the turbolift doors to escape, the Klingons were trapped on the Bridge of Death totally unable to escape.

If that isn't the definition of griefing - i.e. deliberately trying to cause problems and prevent others from playing a game that they have paid to play - then I don't know what is. I certainly hope that some measures are taken against people who do that sort of thing in STO, as I don't think it is the least bit funny and in fact I'd prefer it if players who indulged in that sort of thing were prevented from deliberately trying to spoil other player's enjoyment.

Not only is it childish beyond belief, antisocial, and not a great image for the game either, but and I'm pretty sure that Paramount would not be thrilled at people indulging in that kind of thing under the guise of Star Trek. What is more, I'm absolutely certain Gene Roddenberry wouldn't have approved of people making life hard for others via his creation.

This sort of thing is covered by the license agreement too, so if they get a ban or some other measure of penalty, then they will have asked for it, and certainly will have deserved it too. We can well do without this kind of stupidity.

Al

lolrodenberry

Star Trek only got better after he died.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That was awesome. Thanks for the laughs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    ban all goons
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Excellent website. I laughed until my teeth hurt. Hey wait you clever bastages are just drumming up new business!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It constantly surprises me that the Gonnies have not been permabanned in every MMO on the market.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hara wrote: »
    Paramount would certainly not be thrilled to hear that furries are modifying canonical content to create (often erotic) roleplay scenarios. However, their presence is accepted in this game.

Please explain how your speculation of others' intent gives you the right to persecute furries, as I'm sure they'd like to know why you pass judgement on them.

Because furries generally interact with other furries. These people were griefing pure and simple.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People can desperately back pedal all they like, with such comments as 'lighten up' but the intention is there in black and white on the accompanying text for the youtube video, stating that it caused 'chaos and tears' and clearly revels in that notion. So by any definition it is not an attempt to be either light or humourous, but to cause difficulties for other players, outside the spirit of the game.

What is more, you guys know it, and attempting to divert attention from that to excuse your poor behaviour could not be more obvious than if you attached bells to it. Assuming you are even able to recognise the difference between right and wrong, which I doubt, if this kind of antisocial stuff is where you get your fun, you are in the wrong. It is as simple as that.

Al
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    lolrodenberry

Star Trek only got better after he died.

This coming from a fan of the game

He made star trek you moron, skin you live to despair
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    People can desperately back pedal all they like, with such comments as 'lighten up' but the intention is there in black and white on the accompanying text for the youtube video, stating that it caused 'chaos and tears' and clearly revels in that notion. So by any definition it is not an attempt to be either light or humourous, but to cause difficulties for other players, outside the spirit of the game.

Its a game. Anybody who didn't like being blown up over and over could have changed instances.

And while the Bridge of Death did trap people in a dungeon of space-pain it was also really hilarious. Besides, there were 30 dental members having fun, and 10 klingons at any one time not having fun. So, on average more people were having fun then not having fun.

THAT IS MATHMATICAL PROOF

Even the devs were cool about it, and while they didnt engage in our epic roleplay session I feel that they too had a good time.

P.S. My uncle is the top Chef at Paramount and hangs out with Roddenberry all the time and he says its fine.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    P.S. My uncle is the top Chef at Paramount and hangs out with Roddenberry all the time and he says its fine.

I am impressed, is a medium, a psychic, shaman, or some kind of spiritualist?

What is his means of contact?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Even the devs were cool about it, and while they didnt engage in our epic roleplay session I feel that they too had a good time. .

THIS IS INFURIATING

YOU ARE A LIAR - Gene Roggenberry is dead goonie goonerson
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    why on earth would you accept a bridge invite from a complete stranger
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Roddenberry is dead. -.-

You guys must be TRIBBLE blowing up friendly ships.
    Not sure who to blame though. You guys for abusing it, or Cryptic for still not fixing it.
This discussion has been closed.