test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Not only did those pathetic wastes of genetic material post a vid on YouTube (
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw), they actually had the temerity to raise their middle fingers to the GM's (as evidenced in the red highlighted text). They claim that "the battle ended up being fun for both sides", but I certainly did not have any fun having my character killed repeated with no chance for escape or to even put up a defense. Perma-banning is the only acceptable solution. Let them go somewhere else and act like the smouldering piles of waste material that they are.

the funny thing is they flip of the devs and the devs go... well its ok, they can change instance to get out of it
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    pincey wrote: »
    hmmm i found the video funny, i'm surprised about the over reaction, with some members equating this stunt (a digital stunt) as the equivalent of a real life crime like sexual assault.
    There is no comparision between this incident and a real life crime and to say otherwise i would think would be an insult to a real life victim of crime.

Nothing was lost here, no virtual destruction of property or skills, maybe a bruised ego or time wasted. But considering there is ingame remedies like logging out or changing instances, i fail to see the severity of this.

The fact is while some players might of been irritated, there was no death penalty, no item degradation, no credits spent. No virtual avatar was permanently harmed or had to spend credits to restore themselves as before.

The punishment is meant to fit the crime, calling for permaban is too serve and reaks of zealotry. If this is really the standard of griefing, i would classify this as on the lowest end of the spectrum as a warning offense with GM/Dev discretion whether or not to approach the incident.

Thanks for making me laugh on the video, the only thing that may be of concern, is that the klingon players were compensated for their time in making your movie? (if they were non guild members that is).

propaganda ftw
    Having been there yourself would you call this greiving? Alot of people who werent there seem to be armchair quarterbacking this calling it not greifing but from the sound of things you feel you were greifed.

it is a shame the gms arent doing anything about this. i hope the path has fixed this bug!

doesnt the feeling of having been griefed make it griefing?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    [QUOTEdoesnt the feeling of having been griefed make it griefing?[/QUOTE]

no, no it does not.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Munin_Hoag wrote:
    [QUOTEdoesnt the feeling of having been griefed make it griefing?

The GMs said it was okay. Since that is the only thing that matters when you define "griefing" in a game, hurarhahghaghg.

Lisa needs braces.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    there is no way to have known and it was a bug and goons exploited it. you guys know this is bannable witch is why you guys havent done it again because you no all of you would get banned and i hope you do!

Its not bannable, as the GMs are giving them excuses

well, it used to be startrek online, guess itll be goonfleet online now, as the GMs are letting them ruin their game for them, they dont have to try so hard on their own anymore
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I thought I told 'cabbit to let me know about silly stuff like this so I could join in on the fun.

I am offended by this video, it's use of mechanics, and people involved, mostly because it did not involve me in any way.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Its not bannable, as the GMs are giving them excuses

well, it used to be startrek online, guess itll be goonfleet online now, as the GMs are letting them ruin their game for them, they dont have to try so hard on their own anymore

You are a broken record and very boring. You should try doing something constructive.

So here is your task:

You are to construct an argument of up to 500 words on why this event has upset you. However, you must not use the word "goon" or any variation of it. You must also proofread and use proper spelling and grammar. Finally, you must fit the words "TRIBBLE wrangler" in a logical context into your essay.

Good luck!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    TuxedoJack wrote: »
    soyesterday some goonies started inviting kllingons onto their bridge and killing them so they couldn't leave, because when they spawned theyd just be stuck back on the bridge so they couldn't leave.

now theyre gloating about it on youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw

DO SOMETHIG ABOUT GOONS in this game:mad:

Dude, this is awesome on so many levels. It is by far the coolest thing I have seen on STO. It is way, way better than training crystals on the CE when it is at 5% health. So awesome! The game needs more stuff like this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fluffdaddy wrote: »
    You are a broken record and very boring. You should try doing something constructive.

So here is your task:

You are to construct an argument of up to 500 words on why this event has upset you. However, you must not use the word "goon" or any variation of it. You must also proofread and use proper spelling and grammar. Finally, you must fit the words "TRIBBLE wrangler" in a logical context into your essay.

Good luck!

I don't see how your task for him is very constructive at all. It would be more constructive for him to stop posting at work and cook my cheeseburger like I ordered (hold the mustard).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    once again goons provide another mmo comunity with evidence on how easy it is to become the most hated group in an mmo. :D

good job little bees :D

no they shouldn't be banned for the klingon thing, if they were stupid and greedy enough to betray the empire by secretly negotiating with those tretorous star fleet they got everything they deserved.

the sol space port gotta say just change instances. until there is enough in each instance to do the same so how about we just deactivate self destruct while not in combat. and chalk this one up to a learning experience.

banning goons will only make them stronger. DO NOT FEED or they will multiply. :eek:

I <3 PIE
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The_Stig wrote: »
    Everyone participating in this TRIBBLE should be banned. Those who shot at the klingons on the bridge are the definition of griefers, all deserve a perma ban.

I'm sorry but I find the notion of a Klingon carebear to be absolutely hilarious.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow at some of the replies, I guess you guys have been playing so much Star Trek Online you forgot what fun is
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not only did those pathetic wastes of genetic material post a vid on YouTube (
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swB-CbSZZdw), they actually had the temerity to raise their middle fingers to the GM's (as evidenced in the red highlighted text). They claim that "the battle ended up being fun for both sides", but I certainly did not have any fun having my character killed repeated with no chance for escape or to even put up a defense. Perma-banning is the only acceptable solution. Let them go somewhere else and act like the smouldering piles of waste material that they are.

There is no such thing as a "waste" of genetic material. The complexity of design contained therein, regardless of your subjective assessment of its source, is a valuable tool for medical research and discovery.

Dr. Crell Moset's research trials on Bajorans, for example, yielded numerous advances in humanoid orthodontics and maxillofacial reconstructive approaches. But like you, Moset considered his subjects to have no value - "life unworthy of life," if you will.

However, you and all other Federation members benefit from the advances from this "worthless" research, as evidenced by your perfectly aligned teeth and captivatingly white smiles.

But if you can find nothing to smile about, it is YOU, sir, who are contributing to waste.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hara wrote: »
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea

That word is a lot like "state's rights". It's a way to be a racist without "officially" being a racist.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, after all the Eve references I decided to look into that game...

Geeez, wish I had done so a long time ago.

New Eve player now!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Phaedryn wrote: »

New Eve player now!

Yay! . . . Yay!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

New Eve player now!

Don't forget your poopsock.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dudelander wrote:
    Dude, this is awesome on so many levels. It is by far the coolest thing I have seen on STO. It is way, way better than training crystals on the CE when it is at 5% health. So awesome! The game needs more stuff like this.

word. funny stuff and don't be a mof
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dudelander wrote:
    That word is a lot like "state's rights". It's a way to be a racist without "officially" being a racist.
    If you're talking about what it seems like you're talking about, then you're incorrect. The two words are etymologically unrelated, as the word I used descends from an old Norse word and not from Latin and is entirely appropriate in this context.

I understand your confusion, as this is a common mistake among those of limited education. But in the future, please abstain from making inaccurate statements, as it serves no one's interest to spread ignorance to others.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Fluffdaddy wrote: »

So here is your task:

Good luck!

easier to put you on ignore for the unconstructive thread above that commands me to do conscructive things you probably thought was witty but wasnt.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

New Eve player now!

Have fun with the spreadsheets then
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you're talking about what it seems like you're talking about, then you're incorrect. The two words are etymologically unrelated, as the word I used descends from an old Norse word and not from Latin and is entirely appropriate in this context.

I understand your confusion, as this is a common mistake among those of limited education. But in the future, please abstain from making inaccurate statements, as it serves no one's interest to spread ignorance to others.

It appears you were incorrect either that or the mods were
  • Options
    edited February 2010

hehhehhheh.. owned.

tru bout the words.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Controversies_about_the_word_%22*****rdly%22

"*****rdly" (noun: "*****rd") is an adjective meaning "stingy" or "miserly", perhaps related to the Old Norse verb nigla = "to fuss about small matters". It is cognate with "niggling", meaning "petty" or "unimportant", as in "the niggling details".
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    easier to put you on ignore for the unconstructive thread above that commands me to do conscructive things you probably thought was witty but wasnt.

You couldn't even put forth the effort to spellcheck your response to his challenge to your grammar and spelling? Why should anyone (Devs, GMs, other posters) take you seriously at all?

Here's tip #1 for anyone trying to express an opinion on an issue in the hopes of swaying someone else's opinion: MAKE AN INTELLIGENT POST. If I have to re-read what you say just to cut through the vowels that have been replaced with numbers, or to overcome your bad grammar and incorrect word selection or spelling errors, you are losing the battle.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't want to get deep in to this situation because their's no solution to it , but I would say this , "FUN" or "FUNNY" this words our up to interpretation by each individual person , lets say to high school kids are bored so they decide to do something that will be "FUNNY" or "FUN" , they decide to get in there car and ride around with a baseball bat and destroy some mail boxes (for the purpose of this example please imagine this two Young lads living in some countryside , I also just watched "Bench-warmers" Reggie smashing mailboxes classic) now to this young troubled teen thats pretty dame funny ! but what about those poor mailboxes , I bet they have a different point of view don't you think?

Point , don't use "well it was so much fun" or "we only did it because it was fun" or "whats wrong with you don't you think that was funny? stop being so serious bla bla bla "

Always remember you might think your very claver and so much fun to be around ! others might think your an obnoxious human being who's aggressive narcissism is to the point of needing professional help, food for thought.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It appears you were incorrect either that or the mods were
    As I said, it's a common misconception among those of limited education. That's ok, though, as the New Frontier requires all types.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Seliak wrote: »
    I don't want to get deep in to this situation because their's no solution to it , but I would say this , "FUN" or "FUNNY" this words our up to interpretation by each individual person , lets say to high school kids are bored so they decide to do something that will be "FUNNY" or "FUN" , they decide to get in there car and ride around with a baseball bat and destroy some mail boxes (for the purpose of this example please imagine this two Young lads living in some countryside , I also just watched "Bench-warmers" Reggie smashing mailboxes classic) now to this young troubled teen thats pretty dame funny ! but what about those poor mailboxes , I bet they have a different point of view don't you think?

Making fun of people in a video game surely is the same as a felony, yup.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Word. The moderator needs to look it up and restore the post too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I have been silent on the matter up until now, but have to say, Starfleet Dental provided my daughter her braces, and the doctors were very fantastic. Thank you Starfleet Dental, now I'm not embarassed to be seen with her in public anymore. BTW, we need more videos.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Godholio wrote: »
    Making fun of people in a video game surely is the same as a felony, yup.

well your being a bit closed minded it thats all you got out of it , but to each is own.
This discussion has been closed.