test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Treacherous Klingons
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ban all of these Treacherous Klingons
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    u can leave by going to the door

Same exact thing just happened to me. And yes you can't get to the door when there are 30 people shooting you the second you respawn and you just die again. And they were shouting stupid things about teeth and caring for them. odd, makes me think you may have been involved. Luckily I saved the combat log so all I need to do is cross reference character names.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That doesn't sound like good klingon behavior to me. Klingons fight, not run like cowards. And they don't take hostages. Treacherous klingons, I think you're making all this up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks for affirming my suspicions. I have screenshots of you and your character Devoar.

Have a nice day.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Do like the devs say an "change instance"
    Hm... I remember hearing in OB that some of the devs were former EVE players. Wonder if one of them went by the name Mittani

Why would the bridge of a player ship have multiple instances? Why would the Dev's even code for that?

And how can you get to the door when you have 30 some odd people shooting at you the second you even look like you're standing up?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well it just happened. While my girlfriend who was interested in playing was watching. WAS, past tense. After GULMORNA@ASHIMARU made sexual comments during the incident, she decided against it. I have a log of about a dozen names.

This is a big test to see how Cryptic handles this incident. I hope they address it promptly and harshly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mike35 wrote: »
    thanks for affirming my suspicions. I have screenshots of you and your character Devoar.

Have a nice day.
    everyone knows if you take a picture of someone it sucks out their soul what kind of monster are you
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Same exact thing just happened to me. And yes you can't get to the door when there are 30 people shooting you the second you respawn and you just die again. And they were shouting stupid things about teeth and caring for them. odd, makes me think you may have been involved. Luckily I saved the combat log so all I need to do is cross reference character names.

HAHAHA! Sorry folks, but whatever "pain and suffering" these events are causing you, it's worth it because of THIS post.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Nope it wasn't about "pain and suffering" its about people who feel manly by harassing people trying to play a game. Why people get off on ruining other peoples enjoyment is beyond me. Actually the griefing didn't bother me so much as the sexually harassing comments (the toon is female) which made my girlfriend who was watching decide not to play anymore.

It's a new game that having new players harassed is not the way to win them over.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Godholio wrote: »
    HAHAHA! Sorry folks, but whatever "pain and suffering" these events are causing you, it's worth it because of THIS post.

man don't make fun of him he is probably really proud of his internet detective work
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    well it just happened. While my girlfriend who was interested in playing was watching. WAS, past tense. After GULMORNA@ASHIMARU made sexual comments during the incident, she decided against it. I have a log of about a dozen names.

This is a big test to see how Cryptic handles this incident. I hope they address it promptly and harshly.

Oh god Mike, I just thought it was some honest fun, I didn't know it would come to this
    Tell your GF (girlfriend) how very sorry I am

If she ever does start playing, Starfleet Dental will throw the two of you a lavish wedding cerimony on the bridge of the IKS Death Star, it is a promise.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    post contextual pictures of your girlfriend so we can determine how apologetic we should be based on various sociopolitical and aesthetic factors
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Racetrack wrote:
    man don't make fun of him he is probably really proud of his internet detective work

Nope, wasn't internet detective work. You were all just so proud of your absurd accomplishment you were dumb enough to not worry about your names being seen. You are a member of their little griefing club, so I am hardly surprised.

And sorry, I won't be posting any pictures for you, or be baited by your obvious further attempts to troll or get me angry. I have nothing to prove to you or anyone in your little club. You've already proven what kind of people you are and you in particular have shown you are an obnoxious little boy. Enjoy your night!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Turning off people to the game is hilarious, yeah. Seriously, are people going to be allowed to kill the gameplay experience of others like this? Cryptic seems to be wanting to address the issue of credit sellers, but at least they just have ignorable spam. People blowing you up in spacedock and inviting you to bridges you can never leave is a big deal, you can't set that on ignore and move right along playing. You can certainly decline the bridge invite, but that's usually after being wise to this TRIBBLE. Bottom line is, who's more important, players of the game or people who just use this as another outlet for exploiting the lack of consequence and relative anonymity of the internet? given what "starfleet dental" members have been saying trashing the game here anyways, it doesn't seem like they intend to remain paying customers for long. What happens here is entirely up to Cryptic and is gonna probably have an important impact on the game's growth.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Enjoy your night!

Thanks bud, you too. Glad to see there are no hard feelings!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Turning off people to the game is hilarious, yeah.

If people are dumb enough to fall for this then cancel their sub, they're dumb enough to forget in a few minutes and come back once they "discover" there's a new Star Trek MMO! AWESOME!
    Seriously, are people going to be allowed to kill the gameplay experience of others like this?

Don't go to someone else's bridge if you don't know them. This doesn't touch 99.9999% of your gameplay. If you're not on the bridge, you won't die.
    Cryptic seems to be wanting to address the issue of credit sellers, but at least they just have ignorable spam.

Personally, I'm getting sick of getting PMed in the game for gold. I just reply back to them about 15 times though, I haven't been getting repeats from them anymore.
    People blowing you up in spacedock

Go read the other thread and learn why you shouldn't be using this as an example.
    and inviting you to bridges you can never leave is a big deal, you can't set that on ignore and move right along playing.

Don't go to someone else's bridge if you don't know them. This doesn't touch 99.9999% of your gameplay. If you're not on the bridge, you won't die.
    You can certainly decline the bridge invite, but that's usually after being wise to this TRIBBLE.

How many 80's panel vans did you willing climb into as a child? Or were you smart enough not to accept the invitation? What's happened to you in the years since?
    Bottom line is, who's more important, players of the game or people who just use this as another outlet for exploiting the lack of consequence and relative anonymity of the internet? given what "starfleet dental" members have been saying trashing the game here anyways, it doesn't seem like they intend to remain paying customers for long. What happens here is entirely up to Cryptic and is gonna probably have an important impact on the game's growth.

SD folks have been working with the devs to fix a lot of the problems with this game. They have multiple threads detailing problems, making credible suggestions (not TRIBBLE like IF THERE'S A DEATH PANALTY IM QUITTING AND NOT GIVING THEM MY MONEY I PAID FOR THIS SO THEY OWE ME EVERYTHING I WANT), etc. I daresay they've had more of a positive impact than most fleets, maybe any of them.

But, they DID hurt your feelings, so maybe we should just ban them all. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wow I watched the video, funny, but mindles, from here on out I would offer this, grow up......
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Dental hygiene is important and sometimes it must be forced on people.

Also, this is the best thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I honestly thought the whole thing was hilarious. I thought people only PvP in the first place so they can grief within the rules? Or was I mistaken?
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Have a nice day.

TREACHEROUS KLANGON! TAKE YOUR SCREENSHOTS AND YOUR CAVITIES WITH YOU!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    SWATJester wrote: »
    TREACHEROUS KLANGON! TAKE YOUR SCREENSHOTS AND YOUR CAVITIES WITH YOU!

man i just got back from the bar, thought there'd be more to this thread. :p

only grew 2 pages. :eek:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There appears to be a 'porblem'. ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As one of the Klangons involved in tonight's escapade I must apologize to the brave men, women et al of Starfleet Dental for the honorless ruse perpetrated upon them by myself and my associates in House Duras. It is only in retrospect that I realize the error of my ways.

Yes, these Starfleet officers were duped into coming to the bridge of the IKS Death Star. We thought "Hey, there's probably gold in their teeth, I mean they're dentists, right?" So with the cunning of a coked-out war targ looking for a fix, we convinced a couple of Dental feddies to come to our bridge with the promise of sugar-free gagh and under-shirt over-bra pics of Mike's GF from last summer's trip to Cabo. Once there, they each called two friends. And they called two friends. And so on, and so on. Then we ruthlessly threw ourselves upon their weapons over and over again spilling our blood and entrails mercilessly upon their fine-pressed uniforms, kits and armor. Those stains will likely never come out.

God help us, the stains.

And to make matters worse, there was no gold in their teeth; no work at all. The brilliant whiteness of their perfect smiles will haunt my dreams.

Forgive me, Goons - err - Dental Professionals. I knew not what I did.

LtCmdr Roger Soundly
    IKS Creepy Uncle
    Nerds of Prey

PS. LIBERATE ARUS
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GWHayduke wrote:
    As one of the Klangons involved in tonight's escapade I must apologize to the brave men, women et al of Starfleet Dental for the honorless ruse perpetrated upon them by myself and my associates in House Duras. It is only in retrospect that I realize the error of my ways.

Yes, these Starfleet officers were duped into coming to the bridge of the IKS Death Star. We thought "Hey, there's probably gold in their teeth, I mean they're dentists, right?" So with the cunning of a coked-out war targ looking for a fix, we convinced a couple of Dental feddies to come to our bridge with the promise of sugar-free gagh and under-shirt over-bra pics of Mike's GF from last summer's trip to Cabo. Once there, they each called two friends. And they called two friends. And so on, and so on. Then we ruthlessly threw ourselves upon their weapons over and over again spilling our blood and entrails mercilessly upon their fine-pressed uniforms, kits and armor. Those stains will likely never come out.

God help us, the stains.

And to make matters worse, there was no gold in their teeth; no work at all. The brilliant whiteness of their perfect smiles will haunt my dreams.

Forgive me, Goons - err - Dental Professionals. I knew not what I did.

LtCmdr Roger Soundly
    IKS Creepy Uncle
    Nerds of Prey

PS. LIBERATE ARUS

What's really funny about this is that people are going to think you're trolling, but it's pretty much what happened. Roger the Alien died no less than 100 times.

The truth is the Klingons wouldn't let the DENTISTS off their ship after the cleaning was complete, at least that's what I heard.

And why did everyone keep shouting "I'LL NEVER FORGIVE THEM... FOR WHAT THEY DID TO MY SON." and the equally asinine "THE CLOWN CAN STAY, BUT THE FERENGI IN THE GORILLA SUIT HAS TO GO"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If I can be serious for a moment, and I think I can, I'll shed a little light on a couple of the subjects of debate in this thread.

I was one of the recruiters of Klingon meat for tonight's beast and I was totally honest with everyone I invited. "Bridge PvP aginst ridiculous odds wherein you will be repeatedly pummeled into oblivion. It's a blast for everybody." Then I joined in the carnage myself and got killed lots. And it was great. And I had NO trouble getting to the doors repeatedly to prove it to all the whiners.

HOWEVER

You can't change instance while in combat and you can't get away by logging out. If the bridge of death is extant when you log back in, you will go right back in. I came back after twenty minutes to level my Feddie and jumped back into the carnage instead of DS9 as I expected. No biggie, I just calmly walked to the door. As long as IndigoFyre's rule of NO BLOCKING EXITS WITH SHIELDS is followed, there is NO PROBLEM.

I strongly suspect that the people screaming that they couldn't get out were just trying to look as pathetic as possible to garner sympathy from the GMs.

Anyway, it was great fun and I can't wait for the next one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Godholio wrote: »

But, they DID hurt your feelings, so maybe we should just ban them all. :rolleyes:

They didn'thurt my feelings". It's called harassment. Look it up sometime. Pure and simple these guys even if they are "helping the devs" by finding issues are not helping the game community by acting like miscreants and turning people off to the game. If I can't type anythign resembling a curse in chat so as not to offend anyone, but someone can crouch over a downed female character and ask for sexual favors that is a huge disconnect. It is harassment and is not only against terms of service for the game but is just over the line. People don't come to play the game to be harassed. People don't come to be tricked into these types of situations. This isn't as simple as "don't go to anyone's bridge and you won't die!". That logic is about as sensible as don't drive your car off your driveway because someone might hit you. You are basically making the people who were harassed out to be the victims. Nice try though.

Honestly when it *first* happened I thought it was funny. I had a "what just happened?" moment and laughed. BUT when it became a mob mentality and they refused to let anyone leave that was too much. When someone made overt and rather rude sexual references that was WAY over the line. There are young people who play this game. it is not rated "M". Now you all seem to not only be defending your actions but laughing about them and mocking those of us who had an issue with it.

The purpose of a game is to have fun. Your right to have fun ends where mine begins. If you use an exploit that is clearly not intended by the developers in order to have fun at the expense of others that is going too far. Having fun by ruining someone else's is not ok, no matter how you try to justify it.

if I go to PVP and get ryuthlessly killed (which happens more than I care to admit actually!) I have no right to be upset if that happens. I knew what I was getting into. But using an exploit to pull a stunt like that is not ok.

Face the facts you guys are a bunch of people that for whatever reason find it fun to ruin the fun others are having. It's very easy to do this when you have a mob of people and are on the giving end. i wonder how funny you all would find it had the roles been reversed? Nonetheless it's just another case of people who use the internet to act like tough guys behind the safety of your keyboards.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    GWHayduke wrote:
    I was one of the recruiters of Klingon meat for tonight's beast and I was totally honest with everyone I invited. "Bridge PvP aginst ridiculous odds wherein you will be repeatedly pummeled into oblivion. It's a blast for everybody." Then I joined in the carnage myself and got killed lots. And it was great. And I had NO trouble getting to the doors repeatedly to prove it to all the whiners.

HOWEVER

You can't change instance while in combat and you can't get away by logging out. If the bridge of death is extant when you log back in, you will go right back in. I came back after twenty minutes to level my Feddie and jumped back into the carnage instead of DS9 as I expected. No biggie, I just calmly walked to the door. As long as IndigoFyre's rule of NO BLOCKING EXITS WITH SHIELDS is followed, there is NO PROBLEM.

I strongly suspect that the people screaming that they couldn't get out were just trying to look as pathetic as possible to garner sympathy from the GMs.

Anyway, it was great fun and I can't wait for the next one.

I received no such warning. Neither did the other 2 people who I was with in there. Different recruiters must operate on different principles.

Also maybe you got to the door when there were less people in there? Maybe they didn't target you as much? I went in as a Lt Cmdr 1 and almost everyone in there was double digits above me. The moment I spawned I was right in the middle of it. Also 3 - 4 of these fine chaps were standing blocking the door. It's not whining, it's fact.

It is particularly amusing however that you seem to not at all touch the harassment issue. Most of the rest can find it's way to possible dismissal, but that was WAY over the line. It was unecessary and offensive. Again, justify it any way you want but that does not change the facts.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well there definitely weren't any less people when I was getting owned. I actually managed one kill, by the way, but I suspect he was sick already. And I was definitely not given quarter because of my roguish good looks and rapier wit. Most of the time I was dead before I even made contact with anyone, but when I really tried to run for the door, I could get there in a couple of tries.

As to the harassment I didn't comment because, jeez man, do I really need to? Is this your first day reading grown-up words? It's been mentioned before in this thread, but it's worth repeating: What is wrong with us when we don't mind blowing up ships full of souls but we can't handle people waving their naughty bits at us (metaphorically, in this case)?

Yes there are kids playing this game. If you don't mind them killing but they can't cuss or know where babies come from, maybe you need to reprioritize, bro.
This discussion has been closed.