test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    This isn't a court of law buddy, its a video game.

Also whoever operates within the rules laid out by Cryptic shouldn't be banned or suspended or killed, or whatever else you want to see happen to them.

It is sure as hell not a video game since I run it on a pc..
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Dr.Danger wrote:
    because your getting rid of the only all level pvp, will you be adding in a new event so cross faction fleets can still do pvp that includes people of all levels?

Go to the war zone at Kerrat in the Donatu sector (spelling may be off). It's bugged as all heck, so there is some sweet all level free for all PvP right now. I'm flown a tier 5 fed ship against a tier 1 fed ship, and everything and every faction in between. Great fun.

Also, some of the instances have Lt 1 level Borg, so the fun is even better for an Admiral (General). Ramming a -44 cube to death? Yes please.
    Rehpic wrote:
    The fix is to make bridges "neutral territory", where neither faction can attack the other. You will still be able to invite cross faction.

Thank you, good to know.
    Cudgeon wrote: »
    And I don't really get why a GM comes here to defend them.

He (she, I think?) was explaining his/her actions during the event, not defending anyone.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rehpic wrote:
    The fix is to make bridges "neutral territory", where neither faction can attack the other. You will still be able to invite cross faction.

I actually think that instead of making it neutral territory, this could be done.

1. Open up the ship. Allow player movements around the ship, through the corridors, into cargo bays, etc...

2. Allow cross-factions to beam others over, but have them beamed to a "Safe zone", or even make it so they cannot be attacked for "X" amount of time.

What would this accomplish? Well...it would create a sort of free-for-all pvp on board a ship. It would give players hiding spots, places to hunt, flee, and stalk. It could be a great way to pass time, and allow for the pvp type interaction that a lot of players would like to see.

I think back to a game I played eons ago called Tribes. In Tribes 1 and 2, the setting was just this type of free-for-all pvp and people would play it for hours on end, even while chatting and making jokes with each other.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Also who knows, the 4 to 5 HOUR QUE TIMES for feds, might also have something to do with their decision to lure kling morons to their bridge for death, they should be allowed to leave though.

And yea, you are all startrekkin it out, shouldn't the kling captains EMBRACE DEATH? It's gotta be great trekkies you get to die over n over n over n over again, thats like +50 to honor i think.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This isn't a court of law buddy, its a video game.

Also whoever operates within the rules laid out by Cryptic shouldn't be banned or suspended or killed, or whatever else you want to see happen to them.

Yes, it's a video game. However, unlike single player games, MMO's involve other people. Abusing other people doesn't speak too highly of one's character. In fact, I equate it to cyber-bullying. In that event, the law is slowly coming around to the idea that abuse in whatever format is wrong. Last June, there was a bipartisan Bill designed to amend title 18, United States Code, with respect to cyberbullying. H. R. 6123. While that bill got stuck in the cogs of congress, I have no doubt that its only a matter of time before something similar eventually gets passed.

Take joy in your torment of others while you can. I on the other hand, will be facepalming whenever I hear of your exploits. And like I said, abusing people doesn't speak too highly of one's character, and makes one look no better than those who abuse people with their words or fists.

Good day.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    i, for one, live in constant fear of HR XXXX "bridge party prevention act"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    oops, that could never be a bill, it doesn't have the word "cyber" in the title

"cyberbridge party prevention e-act"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Racetrack wrote:
    oops, that could never be a bill, it doesn't have the word "cyber" in the title

"cyberbridge party prevention e-act"

It must be no less the 14000 pages.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've never seen such a bunch of crybabies/carebares/fanbois/*****es/children on a single forum in my entire life, let alone an internet gaming forum.

It's because you never saw the "Nerf warlocks" thread of vanilla (pre-expansions) World Of Warcraft!
    That was the biggest troll's nest I ever seen.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cudgeon wrote: »
    It is sure as hell not a video game since I run it on a pc..

hahahahaha what
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A++ thread, would read again.

PS. There is no situation in-game where you are required to visit another player's bridge in order to progress. In fact, visiting another players bridge is something that takes you out of the way of the rest of the game. These players chose to accept an invite to the bridge of an unknown player of the opposing faction. They "opted-in", so to speak. If they had chosen not to accept the invite, their gameplay would not have been impeded.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The anti-multiboxing threads on the WoW forums at the end of 2008 were much more drama-heavy than this.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The anti-multiboxing threads on the WoW forums at the end of 2008 were much more drama-heavy than this.

Had a guy in my guild that 5-boxed, 4 Destro locks and a SP. (bre-BC days).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I quad-boxed 4 Demo locks, 4 DKs and 4 Priests (or a various combination of them).

Most importantly: I was the only multiboxer I know of who actively roleplayed my characters and had relevant backstories explaining the multiboxing.

Plus I ganked the TRIBBLE out of people and wiped the occasional city raid.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    how do we do push ups? :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rehpic wrote:

would be so much more fun if you could beam over an away team to the opposing bridge when the shields are down. force them to go into 'DEFEND THE BRIDGE'-mode, while you keep pounding their ship with lasers ;)
    okey.. perhaps it wouldn't exactly be fair, unless it made *you* beam to their bridge, making both of your ships sitting ducks...

and there'd be plenty of ways to grief using it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah, I quad-boxed 4 Demo locks, 4 DKs and 4 Priests (or a various combination of them).

Most importantly: I was the only multiboxer I know of who actively roleplayed my characters and had relevant backstories explaining the multiboxing.

Plus I ganked the TRIBBLE out of people and wiped the occasional city raid.

So if you were roleplaying each box did you talk to your self while multiboxed??? :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Rikarus wrote: »
    how do we do push ups? :D

1. Assume a prone position on the floor or other rigid surface (preferably carpeted-more on that later) that's able to support your body weight

2. Make two fists and place them under yourself on the floor, approximately shoulder width apart.

3. Raise yourself using your arms

4. Lower your torso to the ground until your elbows form a 90 degree angle

5. Raise yourself by attempting to push the ground away from you.

Repeat steps 4 and 5 for the remainder of the exercise!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Vasten wrote: »
    So if you were roleplaying each box did you talk to your self while multiboxed??? :D

Depended on the character(s). My warlocks were roleplayed as being 1 demon, summoned improperly by 4 warlocks, who was then stuck in their bodies. Generally, my main toon spoke, but when the character was angry all 4 would speak simultaneously. For a while, as part of my backstory, the original warlocks were reestablishing dominance over their bodies. I'd leave 3 of the characters in one spot (talking with people) and have the 3rd wander off to find guildmates and ask for help. Maintaining two or more seperate conversations was a challenge. It culminated in basically a 30 minute argument, held entirely by me, among all my characters, with my guild watching on in shock.

The original demon was one of the Old Ones (Mary Sue much?) and when I dinged 80 on the toons I went off in guild chat with all 4 character talking in caps, simultaneously, being angry about the fact that this was the peak level of power avaialble to me and how insufficient that was compared to what it was used to.

Also, when I was angry, I'd pop Demon Form and Immolation Aura on all 4 character and scream demonic at people. 4 big flaming blue/black/purple demons charging at you is, apparently, quite intimidating.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Chock wrote:

Not only is it childish beyond belief, antisocial, and not a great image for the game either, but and I'm pretty sure that Paramount would not be thrilled at people indulging in that kind of thing under the guise of Star Trek. What is more, I'm absolutely certain Gene Roddenberry wouldn't have approved of people making life hard for others via his creation.

Al

The guy was hardly a saint, dont get me wrong, they guy did make Star Trek and I love him for it but saying he would care one way or another about someone killing digital klingons on a game? The guy stole scripts and changed a few things on 'em and claimed him to be his own, to which he admitted to and STILL did even after that. for more info: Gene

and sadly Star Trek did do better after he was blocked from being able to have a hand in producing it.
    Chock wrote:

This sort of thing is covered by the license agreement too, so if they get a ban or some other measure of penalty, then they will have asked for it, and certainly will have deserved it too. We can well do without this kind of stupidity.

Al

On this point I couldent agree more. However instead of a ban i would think prehaps it should just be fixed? Klingons should know better than to accept random bridge invites by Starfleet officers, after all its known all over that Starfleets honorless :P

Edit: I do admit though it still was funny to watch.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Paneth wrote:
    The guy was hardly a saint, dont get me wrong, they guy did make Star Trek and I love him for it but saying he would care one way or another about someone killing digital klingons on a game? The guy stole scripts and changed a few things on 'em and claimed him to be his own, to which he admitted to and STILL did even after that. for more info: Gene

and sadly Star Trek did do better after he was blocked from being able to have a hand in producing it.

On this point I couldent agree more. However instead of a ban i would think prehaps it should just be fixed? Klingons should know better than to accept random bridge invites by Starfleet officers, after all its known all over that Starfleets honorless :P

You know, it wouldn't even have been a big deal if they had let the Klingons leave after shooting them in the face. Instead they blocked the door and trapped them until a GM finally showed up and told them to stop.

Because of this fiasco, we lose bridge pvp.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think it is kinda foolish to go on to someones bridge that you don't know, but still. The viedo I saw, looked like there was a lot of 'load' ganking going on. The ones trying to say 'we wanna role play' found a nice excuse I guess, but thats not what I saw.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Incident was hilarious.

Also Katiebug is my new favorite poster.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, in STO its ok, no- its fun and hilarious to harrass & grief other players by exploiting broken game mechanics like self destruct and bridge invites? You can post an immature video bragging about exploiting and griefing and its cool? Players who accept bridge invites are stupid and its their own fault they got griefed by exploiting obnoxious immature troublemakers? The GM's say its ok?

I cannot believe this thread was allowed in the first place, and is STILL going. Way to go Cryptic... :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Datek wrote:
    So, in STO its ok, no- its fun and hilarious to harrass & grief other players by exploiting broken game mechanics like self destruct and bridge invites? You can post an immature video bragging about exploiting and griefing and its cool? Players who accept bridge invites are stupid and its their own fault they got griefed by exploiting obnoxious immature troublemakers? The GM's say its ok?

I cannot believe this thread was allowed in the first place, and is STILL going. Way to go Cryptic... :(

75 pages and counting!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    the video on youtube is hilarious

call me heartless but the klingon players accepted the invites because they were either;

A: foolish
    B: greedy

I have no sympathy for them
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Datek wrote:

That's a lot of questions. Thesis statement does not present a clear and understandable thematic overview of the post at large. C-.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lethargic wrote:
    You know, it wouldn't even have been a big deal if they had let the Klingons leave after shooting them in the face. Instead they blocked the door and trapped them until a GM finally showed up and told them to stop.

Because of this fiasco, we lose bridge pvp.

My Bridge PvP..... NOOOOOOOOOOOO.....................:(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    poor poor Goons.

Run out of EVE and now here.

Check out CAOD on the EVE forums for laffs and lashes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Xuma wrote:
    poor poor Goons.

Run out of EVE and now here.

Check out COAD on the EVE forums for laffs and lashes.

What is this "EVE" everyone keeps talking about?
This discussion has been closed.