test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Thanos007 wrote: »
    GM_IndigoFyre so if I invite you over to my house to watch the Superbowl with several supermodels of your choice and you show up and not only are there no supermodels but I just repeatedly kick you in the nuts, you’re good with that? Good to know.

Open faction pvp? Sure, but only if you know it's going to be pvp. This is still griefing and a bug exploit which I believe is a bannable offence. What are you going to do when they start griefing fleet actions?

I still cannot believe that someone compares a videogame to reallife....

A long time ago most gamers were geeks....but now most of them are so bitter and angry....

I'm too old for this sh**! :D
    edited February 2010
    Balvin wrote:
    OK let me get this right you condone this type of game play !!!!!

Let say i am a new player never played this game before and enter SOL for my first time NOT knowing that you can change maps ! this is a game breaking point in my opinion and for you as rep from cryptic have now stated this is allowed and you have not even thought the whole situation through. You will allow these idiots to destroy this game in the early stages and then condone the actions im sorry but these idiots have already driven many players out of games in the past and YOU are condoning them here.

OMG you have really made me angry with you stupid statement and you represent cryptic well enough said.
    Thats not gamebreaking..gamebreaking are things that dont let me play/advance...this is anoying at best. Just use your brain to get a solution for yourself..switch instance..beam down..go afk somewhere else. There ist no DP at all..so what do you loose at worst? 10 sec or 15 sec and 1 button press? Playing a game does not mean to switch your brain off and start to cry. Man other games de-level you if you die and you complain HERE ?

And you know what ? I would be proud to blow my ship up if this is a way to get rid of the USS Hello Kitty and the USS BLABLABLUBB (yea....actual names...)...and my crew will support this, too.
    edited February 2010
    Balvin wrote:
    OK let me get this right you condone this type of game play !!!!!

Let say i am a new player never played this game before and enter SOL for my first time and there is a goonie using an exploit which CRYPTIC tried to remove from the game and exploding thier ships NOT knowing that you can change maps ! this is a game breaking point in my opinion and for you as rep from cryptic have now stated this is allowed and you have not even thought the whole situation through. You will allow these idiots to destroy this game in the early stages and then condone the actions im sorry but these idiots have already driven many players out of games in the past and YOU are condoning them here.

OMG you have really made me angry with you stupid statement and you represent cryptic well enough said.

Please don't be a drama mama.

Instead of reading what you want to read, read the entire post. He doesn't once condone griefing, he simply said use the change instance button if you feel you're being griefed somehow, then once you changed instances, then you can report the player in question to be looked into. It's good advice, it allows you to report the griefer and gets you away from them and back to playing the game. Unless you would rather be stuck and left aggravated till a GM arrives whenever they can?

Another piece of advice, don't accept an invite to a complete strangers bridge.
    edited February 2010
    To get on the bridge you have to be specifically invited. If you accept an invite then you are consenting to what happens. So joining a cross faction bridge for pvp is not considered being griefed.

Does the player who get's a invite a warning that he is about to enter a open pvp area? If not it is not consentional pvp.

Also changing instances is no excuse for allowing these kind of exploits. There's a whole bunch of players that dont know how to do this. I still see people in deep space encounters warp out and warp in again to change instances because they dont know about this functionality.
    edited February 2010
    Poldii wrote:
    I still cannot believe that someone compares a videogame to reallife....

A long time ago most gamers were geeks....but now most of them are so bitter and angry....

I'm too old for this sh**! :D

What else are you going to compare it to? Being a jerk is being a jerk in a mmo or real life. I know, I know. It's just a video game and no one was hurt. Oh wait I paid $50.00 to enjoy this game not be griefed. If I pay $50.00 for something in "real life" and some one interferes with my ability to use or enjoy that, there’s a problem. If I'm at the movies or a concert, management can ask them to stop and if the don't stop the can be removed from the venue. Depending on the nature of the disturbance they can also be fined by the civil authorities and/or face jail time.

You’re interfering with my ability to use and enjoy a game I paid $50.00 for. I request that management have a word with you about it.

Yeah it's real life. I paid real life money for it. I put real life time in to it. I expect to real life enjoy it and not have some schmucks ruin it for me.
    edited February 2010
    Thank you yellow text.

This thread just went from Epic
    to Legendary. :rolleyes:

Hats off to Goon Squad (aka Starfleet Dental) on their excellent play of the situation, and a big facepalm of fail for Mr. GM's response. The last thing this community needs to see right now from Cryptic is another wishy washy answer - irregardless of whether it supported or condemned such "bridge killings" - and that's exactly what we got.

And we have seen such flip flopping before in popular topics like:

Skill point cap
    Death penalties
    Auto fire on weapons

So bottom line, when a decision should be made, by Cryptic, we aren't going to get one. We're going to get a half answer and then probably half a solution as well. Thank you Starfleet Dental for providing further proof of this to the masses.
    edited February 2010
    GM_IndigoFyre so if I invite you over to my house to watch the Superbowl with several supermodels of your choice and you show up and not only are there no supermodels but I just repeatedly kick you in the nuts, you’re good with that? Good to know.

Open faction pvp? Sure, but only if you know it's going to be pvp. This is still griefing and a bug exploit which I believe is a bannable offence. What are you going to do when they start griefing fleet actions?

Big problem in your saying that Katiebug see is person like you not likely know girls, for sure not super girls. :eek: Maybe if you make realistic statement, like 'invite you to home to watch Lifetime & drink warm milk with mother plus me' it is realer sound? :mad:
    edited February 2010
    What else are you going to compare it to? Being a jerk is being a jerk in a mmo or real life. I know, I know. It's just a video game and no one was hurt. Oh wait I paid $50.00 to enjoy this game not be griefed. If I pay $50.00 for something in "real life" and some one interferes with my ability to use or enjoy that, there’s a problem. If I'm at the movies or a concert, management can ask them to stop and if the don't stop the can be removed from the venue. Depending on the nature of the disturbance they can also be fined by the civil authorities and/or face jail time.

You’re interfering with my ability to use and enjoy a game I paid $50.00 for. I request that management have a word with you about it.

Yeah it's real life. I paid real life money for it. I put real life time in to it. I expect to real life enjoy it and not have some schmucks ruin it for me.

So you still compare a car theft in GTA with a car theft in reallife? Its still a videogame..and there are numerous ways to avoid the "griefing" (which is no griefing at all). And if you make the mistake to accept an invitation to a bridge again or go afk in sol space again....i am sorry for you. really sorry.
    edited February 2010
    Silithir wrote:
    Does the player who get's a invite a warning that he is about to enter a open pvp area? If not it is not consentional pvp..

Why would you accept a blind invite to the bridge of a complete stranger though?
    edited February 2010
    Poldii wrote:
    So you still compare a car theft in GTA with a car theft in reallife? Its still a videogame..and there are numerous ways to avoid the "griefing" (which is no griefing at all). And if you make the mistake to accept an invitation to a bridge again or go afk in sol space again....i am sorry for you. really sorry.

You see as a paying customer... I shouldn't have to switch instance. I'm so sorry you can't understand that.
    edited February 2010
    Ripcurl wrote:
    Why would you accept a blind invite to the bridge of a complete stranger though?

They were having a bake sale for charity obviously, and people wanted to give to a good cause, and satisfy their sweet tooth at the same time.

And now I want a chocolate chip cookie. You made me hungry explaining it.
    edited February 2010
    You see as a paying customer... I shouldn't have to switch instance. I'm so sorry you can't understand that.

Yep and you shoulnd need to look left/right when you cross the street...but its better for your health :P
    edited February 2010
    Ripcurl wrote:

They must have heard that Starfleet Dental do good bridgework.

DON'T JUDGE ME!
    edited February 2010
    I wonder how many people who are QQing the hardest in this thread chose Bridge Combat as something they wanted to see more of in STO when they took the survey.
    edited February 2010

Management do have word, even in thread where Katiebug just post! Word was "Neat!' Does you not read? :eek: Katiebug sorry if you not know to read, maybe Katiebug teach, hmmmm?

You come Katiebug home, Katiebug have good book for learn read, bowl of jellos, comfy chair. :) It is safe here, no pvp!

KATIEBUG HAS INVITED YOU TO HER HOME. DO YOU ACCEPT? Y/N
    edited February 2010
    I don't like the video, i don't like people scaring players. And that's not about humoring others. You are paying to play and some people are making pranks? What's the good thing about making other people ships explote? If you're bored go to the street and kill someone, sodomize someone or whatever the hell you do but don't frak other people because you're bored.

And to the people that defend them... well... karma, perhaps sometime you'll be on the other side and it will not be so funny.

Dev's should bann the players that use other players to have fun.
    edited February 2010
    Unkoala wrote:
    If you're bored go to the street and kill someone, sodomize someone or whatever the hell you do but don't frak other people because you're bored.

Ladies and gentleman i think we have a "real life comparison" winner.......

I didnt think it can get this low....
    edited February 2010
    katiebug wrote:
    KATIEBUG HAS INVITED YOU TO HER HOME. DO YOU ACCEPT? Y/N

It's a TRAP!
    edited February 2010
    Ripcurl wrote:

Because not all the players are MMO veterans and know what to expect in a game like this. They also got lured in with promisses of free stuff.

Being a new player and gullible is not an excuse to be exploited or griefed.
    edited February 2010
    Poldii wrote:
    Yep and you shoulnd need to look left/right when you cross the street...but its better for your health :P

Says who? Based on what?
    edited February 2010
    Poldii wrote:
    Thats not gamebreaking..gamebreaking are things that dont let me play/advance...this is anoying at best. Just use your brain to get a solution for yourself..switch instance..beam down..go afk somewhere else. There ist no DP at all..so what do you loose at worst? 10 sec or 15 sec and 1 button press? Playing a game does not mean to switch your brain off and start to cry. Man other games de-level you if you die and you complain HERE ?

And you know what ? I would be proud to blow my ship up if this is a way to get rid of the USS Hello Kitty and the USS BLABLABLUBB (yea....actual names...)...and my crew will support this, too.

Emm having been a MMO payer for many many years i know these facts. Did you even bother to read what i said i did state a NEW PLAYER who does not know about the change map function.

So do not in your high almighty attitude think i do not know what i am talking about for a new player this could and prob does turn them away from the game as they enter sol for the first time and BOOM you get blown up by these idiots. Seasoned mmo player would think about a change map idea but in this game being star trek there i will be many first time MMO players joining because of the IP. It is time to think about them as well with the actions of blowing up your ship just to annoy others who pay to play this game or any other game you may wish to name.

And i am not crying about it at all as i just see these idiots as they are idiots im more concerned about new player to the game and things like this could drive them away from the game.
    edited February 2010
    EDIT: nevermind.
    edited February 2010
    Says who? Based on what?

based on numerous traffic deaths every day...
    You can take an advice but you dont have to follow it...its your choice
    You can fix a problem by finding a solution...its your choice
    You can hope someone else finds a solution...its your choice
    You can sit and cry...its your choice

Its always your choice...and it is my choice to laugh now :D
    edited February 2010
    Found the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw

And by the way, what Dental did is no different than someone buying up the high end gear off of the exchange (the stuff that the vendors don't sell) and re-selling at a much higher price. You can't avoid it, it takes away from some people's enjoyment of the game, and STO system allows it. It can also be avoided.
    edited February 2010
    Balvin wrote:
    Emm having been a MMO payer for many many years i know these facts. Did you even bother to read what i said i did state a NEW PLAYER who does not know about the change map function.

So do not in your high almighty attitude think i do not know what i am talking about for a new player this could and prob does turn them away from the game as they enter sol for the first time and BOOM you get blown up by these idiots. Seasoned mmo player would think about a change map idea but in this game being star trek there i will be many first time MMO players joining because of the IP. It is time to think about them as well with the actions of blowing up your ship just to annoy others who pay to play this game or any other game you may wish to name.

And i am not crying about it at all as i just see these idiots as they are idiots im more concerned about new player to the game and things like this could drive them away from the game.

everyone has the ability to learn..we all started as mmo noobs..but calling other players "idiots" is insulting them...no matter what they did.
    edited February 2010
    Again it has to be said: Turning on a game does not mean turning off your brain!

People always complain in disgust about WoW being too easy, people getting too much help, being a no-brainer-game where GMs would probably even wipe your rear if you tell them you are too lazy for it.. because you pay their bills.

Now then comes a game where people actually can use their brain and look at the interface, explore it, find out what unknown buttons do.. and yet they keep their brain shut off, discover a new situation, lay down on the floor, go into fetal position and cry for help.
    (as already said.. there is no penalty for being defeated in STO.. so you can easily let them kill you as much as you want and go explore the possibilities how to get out of there)

Yet another reallife compairson.. People complain about their government going too deep into their life, patronizing them, giving them too much regulations, interfering with their privacy.
    Now if you don't want that in real life.. why would you want some GM to patronize you in a game, giving you advice like you are a kid?

Start making your own decisions and taking responsibility for your own actions in life.. and start with it ingame.
    If you go somewhere ingame.. You can't tell what awaits you.. it could be a room full of cupcakes.. it could be a room full of enemies.. so if you willingly go there.. don't complain! Use your brain to get out!
    edited February 2010
    Sorry to hear that. While that level of threat or danger is not the same the idea of an ambush is.

Anytime you have to compare video game hijinks to real life violence in order to make your point, you fail. It isn't that bad, it isn't terrible. I'll even bet you sex to doughnuts that if the klingons harmed in the making of this video found out about the video, they would send their friends the link. Models kicking the GM in the daddy basket is a weak comparison and you know it.

***The AoC Similar Link again****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw
    edited February 2010
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
    edited February 2010
    Hrmmm.

So I wonder when the Game Card scam will begin..

I mean it is Goon squad and all...
    edited February 2010
    Long story short cross faction bridges are a bug and will be fixed in the future. The only act of griefing in this bridge situation was blocking the exit, which stopped when asked.

PS: I'm hurt that you would show a quote of mine with a typo. I thought we were pals :(

Q, I never got the chance to apologize for targeting you. The fog of war made it difficult to tell friend from foe, and Gorn from Gorn-shaped immortal. Thank you for head-butting me into awareness.

Oh, and for not destroying the ship and everything on it. Thanks for that, too.
This discussion has been closed.