test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Bridge of Death: Goonfleet Imprisons 2 GMs!

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What I'd like to know, is: is this actually the infamous GS from EVE who recently had it handed to them in the form of a player swung banhammer? Or are the STOcarebears just crying goonie from all the nursery rhymes they need to fall asleep after a day of tribble breeding?
    Just wondering.
    edited February 2010
    Well I gotta say (although I am 66 pages late), I think it was funny. However, the spacedock thing would have been a pain for 2 hrs. 2 hrs is pretty excessive, 20 mins would have netted them the same footage for the ship explosions.

The bridge thing...well it looked like one hell of a party to me. You come on my bridge expect to play by my rules. Apparently thier rules consist of dancing, fire extinguishers, pushups...if you wanna call them that, the captain being a lazy chair ridier and killing anything near a door. Consider yourself warned for next time lol.
    edited February 2010
    Poldii wrote:
    based on numerous traffic deaths every day...
    You can take an advice but you dont have to follow it...its your choice
    You can fix a problem by finding a solution...its your choice
    You can hope someone else finds a solution...its your choice
    You can sit and cry...its your choice

Its always your choice...and it is my choice to laugh now :D

You didn't just use real life to refer to a video game did you? I don't see how you can equate one with the other.
    edited February 2010
    Thanos007 wrote: »
    You didn't just use real life to refer to a video game did you? I don't see how you can equate one with the other.

It started some posts before..i actually tried to avoid it but there are some people who NEED this ;)
    edited February 2010
    kamui wrote: »
    Funny. They used to say the same thing about women who were TRIBBLE. It was an actual defense that worked in court. "Hey! If she didn't want to be TRIBBLE she shouldn't have worn that skirt or gone in that bar!"
    Blaming the victim is always the losers way out.

The bottom line is a bunch of bottom feeders get their jollies off ruining the fun of other people. Of course, if anyone does anything to prevent them from ruining other people's fun they'll be the first to loudly scream about how they were 'just having fun' and everyone should 'lighten up'. What makes YOUR fun more important then someone else's fun?

Ya'll are just arrogant, petulant children who enjoy bullying others to make up for a serious bout of low self esteem. Grow up. And stop whining about people trying to stop you having fun by ruining the fun of other people.

I'm sorry... did you just have the gall to compare minimalistic griefing in a video game to women being TRIBBLE and men not being prosecuted for it? I'm personally against what was done in the video, but you need to smarten up. Your comments denote a serious lack of proper reasoning skill, and hiding it behind a slightly above average vocabulary in no way hides the fact that your mindset is ridiculous and, to my mind, significantly more childish than those of the griefers in the video.

You should be ashamed of yourself for making that comparrison, especially considering you most likely did it with good intentions. This is among the most flawed, nonsensical reasoning I've seen to date on the forums.
    edited February 2010
    I just want to say Thank You to GM_IndigoFyre for being so awesome and realising that - yeah - this is just a game and people were having fun. Okay, one or two of the Kliggers that got invited to the bridge flet like they had been tricked, but how come no-one is listening to the others who were there saying how AWESOME is was to have some proper, large-scale inter-faction PvP going on.

I hope they don't remove this "bug".
    edited February 2010
    Comparing griefing in a videogame to TRIBBLE is the first sign that you need to cancel your account, shut off your computer, and reprioritize.

Reminder: You are playing a video game on the internet. The internet is a fairly clean cross section of humanity, from the good to the bad. The anonymity the internet allows often brings the vermin out from the shadows...

Again, it's a VIDEO GAME. If you didn't at least chuckle at that video, and found yourself shaking your head in disgust... Well, I'm not going to pretend to be a Doctor (like Jake Freedom), however, as a human being, I urge you to take a step back and look at what's really important in life.

When was the last time you told your wife she was pretty?

When was the last time you took a walk in the brisk morning air?

When was the last time you called your parents and thanked them for bringing you into this world?

I think you'll find that when all is said and done, if you're in this thread complaining... You have serious priority issues.

Al
    edited February 2010
    Just to summarize, we just got 60+ page forum topic screaming for bans, police reports (!) and impotent nerd rage over the fact that pvp happen. "Ban the whole fleet because some Klingons got killed in various hilarious fashions."

But hey, whatever. 2/22/10 never forget :(.
    edited February 2010
    Well, if it's red then it's better dead!

I lol'ed a lot with this video!
    edited February 2010
    Upright wrote: »
    Oh and by the way. I wish I still had the link to an AoC video of a high level player on his horse in Newb Land. It was a pvp server and he waited on the bridge... Everytime a newblet ran by he kicked with horse, knocking that player off the side of a mountain to their death. It was set to Benny Hill music, and it was awesome. Star Fleet Dental is a close second to that.

Is this the video you are looking for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-rl3RPC_Mw
    edited February 2010
    Damn my work blockages! I cant see the video, but I did actually read this entire thread. I gotta say the thread is hilarious enough even without the video.

Was ti a bit mean spirited? maybe a little, but it sounds funny as hell.

Where the supposedly 'griefed' actually trapped? No. They had several options at their disposal to get outta there. They chose to accept the invite. I think the term darwin award may apply. At the very least, the MMO newbies learned from it, like we all did way back when we were all MMO noobs.

Should these people be banned? Nah... maybe at the most just be fairly closely monitored.

I anxiously await getting to go home and check out this video :)
    edited February 2010
    good point it was PVP PEOPLE for god sake get over youre self ill talk slow for the small minded if you have one faction "red" and one faction "blue" there is a thing called player vs player known as "pvp" if you infact enter a "pvp" instance you will be flaged "red" team or "blue" team guess what some killin is going to happen

ok with that out of the way that video was funny as hell guys 2 thumbs way up :D
    edited February 2010
    Poldii wrote:
    everyone has the ability to learn..we all started as mmo noobs..but calling other players "idiots" is insulting them...no matter what they did.

Yes i will call these goonsqaud players idiots incase you havent met them before i have and they are nothing more than that. I have had personal experiances with them in another game before where they openly admitted they were out to destroy the game. So unless you know all the facts as i do from not hearsay but personally seen it i have every right to call them idiots. I am not calling anyone else but these self bragging goonsquad players idiots which they are they will only look for ways to detract from the game.
    edited February 2010
    Hara wrote: »
    It's not an exploit, just recently understood and documented like the other particulars.

If you keep one of each type of 72% food in your inventory and allow them to be consumed in any order, without any cheaper foods being consumed in between, the final tribble will be the Rivera (which is the only 3x buff tribble, otherwise only available as a game edition gift.)

The two main difficulties with this are:
    - a few 72% foods are difficult to find
    - you cannot log out while in this process or it will reset, meaning that the chain of food your tribbles already consumed will be reset. In all other tribble breeding this isn't an issue as the breeding timer simply resumes, but for this breeding it is critical. So it requires multiple hours of uninterrupted connection to accomplish this.

OMG! I'm totally going to do that tonight! Right after I go to DS9 and start my secret society mission...

In all "siriusness," yes it's griefing, and I tend not to agree with the mentality that griefing is okay. I do, however, appreciate the fact that the goons bring exploits like this into the spotlight so that it becomes such a high-profile issue. We should thank those poor Klingons for giving their lives, over and over and over, to produce this video (whether you think it's a high quality production or a piece of drek is irrelevant to the underlying issue, Al) and show the world of STO that it's NOT always okay to accept random invites to a stranger's bridge. We should also thank them for this because it makes the devs undeniably aware of the issue, and we can see what their reaction is (or lack thereof) and make our own decisions on how to proceed from there.

TL; DR version - Thanks, everybody.

Oh, and a goon bit my sister once.
    edited February 2010
    Now I know my name is yellow, which is going to have my words shine like truth, but this is going to be my opinion on how I look at things while on duty.

I consider griefing to be harassment that a player can not escape from in game. Logging off doesn't count because that is you escaping out of game.

With our one server system we have build into the game one of the greatest tools ever to grace an MMO: the "change instance" button.

"Change instance" will get you around 90% of the bugs in STO. Including all the griefing.

Someone is blocking a room on earth spacedock with cover shield? Change instance and you are free to move. People are blowing themselves up on sol space? Change instance and it is clear skys.

This does not mean that we want cover shield to be able to block social areas, or that we like having the ability to blow yourself up and hurt your fellow faction. It is our job to make sure stuff like that can not happen in our game, they are issues we need to fix.

What this means is that players can avoid these behaviors. If it is not a situation where you are trapped you should submit a ticket, change instance, and go on your way. Or change instance, submit a ticket, and go on your way, depending on how you feel.

You should always submit a ticket for these types of behaviors so we can research the situations accordingly. Tickets are the fastest way you can help inform us of bugs that hinder the enjoyment of players.

Considering that the exploding ships can so easily be avoided I would consider it more along the lines of exploitation of game mechanics then griefing, and action according to that.

please note that "change instance" does not work while in combat. It is of no help in this situation whatsoever. Moreover, let my words shine like truth: because you CAN run away from a mugger in the subway does NOT justify the mugger -he should still stand trial and face punishment whether or not you elected to escape.
    edited February 2010
    mods please rename this thread to "70 pages of bad analogies" tia
    edited February 2010
    DON'T GO TO THE BRIDGE OF A STRANGER!!!
    Nasty things may happen...
    edited February 2010
    you see inviting people to your bridge and shooting them is like TRIBBLE a mugger in the subway after he blocks a green light when running a red light and something about TRIBBLE
    edited February 2010
    Bismi wrote:
    DON'T GO TO THE BRIDGE OF A STRANGER!!!
    Nasty things may happen...

you are the man best post ive seen yet :D
    edited February 2010
    Don't listen to him. There's space candy on my bridge. Delicious space candy. I also get cable on my viewscreen.
    edited February 2010
    Racetrack wrote:
    you see inviting people to your bridge and shooting them is like TRIBBLE a mugger in the subway after he blocks a green light when running a red light and something about TRIBBLE

But thats how they got my father... I am informing the authorities :(
    edited February 2010
    Are the devs going to allow this junk?
    edited February 2010
    Morglon wrote:
    Don't listen to him. There's space candy on my bridge. Delicious space candy. I also get cable on my viewscreen.

Candy?? Really?? @_@

NO!!! Bad Bismi! Bad Bismi!
    edited February 2010
    ChargerIIC wrote: »
    Are the devs going to allow this junk?

They are taking cross faction bridge invites out. So your Klingon friends are safe...
    edited February 2010
    bridge candy best candy
    edited February 2010
    Morglon wrote:

Hmmmm space candy *drool* what about Pudding Pops????

Next video should be Klingon's inviting Klingon's on to a Kilngon bridge only to have Dental Fed's waiting to start Bridge of death two.
    edited February 2010
    This thread is making me laugh.....wow!
    edited February 2010
    epic win!!
    edited February 2010
    epic win!!

MY 5's.... are yours...
    edited February 2010
    ademnus wrote: »
    Moreover, let my words shine like truth: because you CAN run away from a mugger in the subway does NOT justify the mugger -he should still stand trial and face punishment whether or not you elected to escape.

Did you actually read what the GM wrote or did you only read what you wanted?

I believe the GM said.. to translate in your example:

You should run away from the mugger and call the police (file a ticket)..
    Not Stay there, get mugged, possibly kicked in the skull and cry in a forum about it.

Also read my little text 3 pages ago
This discussion has been closed.