test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I noticed my female toon can now longer choice the Wrath of Khan uniform in the tailor. I could pick it with a new toon, just not equp it with my current one.

Am I the only person with this issue?
    edited February 2010
    Hooray for assuming that I'm an idiot. Since you used a thinly veiled jab at my experience, I'll do the same and even use your words.

Sorry if I came across as condescending. It was not my intention, and I was only meaning to say what I know from my experience, being aware that your experience might differ. Yet, English is only my second language, so sometimes the tone of my posts may be less friendly than I intend them to be.

No offense. :)
    edited February 2010
    Can't wait for these :)
    edited February 2010
    One week and counting...

*shakes head in disgust*
    edited February 2010
    Soon.

Soon.

Soon.

Sooooon.

Soon.

Soon.

Word looses all meaning if you say it enough.

How about some ETA's with actual, you know, dates. Or date ranges. Or fiscal quarters. Anything.
    edited February 2010
    pft 1 whole week...

Wrath of the Lich King's box marketed a new dance studio feature and 1 year 3 months later we still don't have it. Be patient. ;)
    edited February 2010
    NinetyNine wrote:
    Soon.

Soon.

Soon.

Sooooon.

Soon.

Soon.

Word looses all meaning if you say it enough.

How about some ETA's with actual, you know, dates. Or date ranges. Or fiscal quarters. Anything.

I agree cant just say "soon" and then nothing..... Fix it already.

Alot of people paid extra for extra uniform features with for example the digital deluxe edtion and it still hasnt been fixed by Cryptic... so is it just take their money and run/ignore them mentality we are seeing here or what?
    edited February 2010
    And they are still selling the DDE with the uniform in it.
    edited February 2010
    Bathory wrote:
    And they are still selling the DDE with the uniform in it.

Maybe I'll buy one of those copies, as mine is still broken.
    edited February 2010
    Sadaauk wrote:
    pft 1 whole week...

Wrath of the Lich King's box marketed a new dance studio feature and 1 year 3 months later we still don't have it. Be patient. ;)

Just checked that box and can't find anything about dances, I know they planned it, but one thing is for sure: they did not sell it as premium content you had to pay extra for. Besides, even if Blizzard did, that would not excuse Cryptic now does it?
    edited February 2010
    At this rate, I'm going to be Admiral before I can alter any of my BOs.
    edited February 2010
    Still no word? This is just rediculous Cryptic.
    edited February 2010
    personae wrote:
    Still no word? This is just rediculous Cryptic.

Soon™.....
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    Hi everyone,

We've seen lots of questions about missing uniform options here on the forums. To let you know what we're currently looking into and working towards a resolution on, we wanted to give you some updates. Additionally, please, if you have any other uniform issues that aren't seen below, please post them here so that we can find them easily.

Thanks,

Stormshade

• Wrath of Khan Uniform Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your Wrath of Khan Uniform in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Collector's Edition TNG/DS9 Uniforms Missing
    This issue has also been resolved now! If you do not see your uniforms in-game, please log out and back in. If it is still missing from the character creator/tailor, please enter a support ticket.

• Skirts missing for TOS and Mirror Universe Sets
    This is a known issue. These will be remedied in game soon.

• Bridge Officers unable to wear special costume sets
    This is a known issue, and will be fixed in game soon.

• Missing DS9 Pants
    DS9 and TNG pants are identical, only the tops change, so please use the TNG pants to complete your DS9 look.

Storm-

Any updates on the uniforms? We all paid extra for this stuff, and it's 9 days late so far, with no word from Cryptic, Devs, GMs, or tech support.
    edited February 2010
    I would like to echo the request for more options for females on the Klingon side.

Also, cut Cryptic some slack. It's just been released and having worked for "the man" for a long time I can almost guarantee that some bureaucrat decided to push the release of the game before the people who actually make the game (creative team, programmers) had a reasonable time to do it in. I'd almost equally guarantee that they are understaffed. Give them some time before you throw them in the wood chipper.
    edited February 2010
    I'm kind of suprised they made the WoK admiral uniform without the front flap open (or an option for it)

All I know is they HAVE to add Wrath of Khan Field Jackets.. with the collar UP!
    http://www.fastcopyinc.com/orionpress/sitegraphics/uniforms/oaefield_jacket.jpg
    edited February 2010
    AeonJean wrote:
    I noticed my female toon can now longer choice the Wrath of Khan uniform in the tailor. I could pick it with a new toon, just not equp it with my current one.

Am I the only person with this issue?

I have that issue with the TOS uniform. I don't have the Khan uniform- wish I did, that is my favorite uniform.
    edited February 2010
    I
    Also, cut Cryptic some slack. It's just been released and having worked for "the man" for a long time I can almost guarantee that some bureaucrat decided to push the release of the game before the people who actually make the game (creative team, programmers) had a reasonable time to do it in. I'd almost equally guarantee that they are understaffed. Give them some time before you throw them in the wood chipper.
    Sorry, no slack should be given in this area.
    If they can't provide us with the uniforms then they should haven't charged us extra for them.
    edited February 2010
    Bathory wrote:
    Sorry, no slack should be given in this area.
    If they can't provide us with the uniforms then they should haven't charged us extra for them.

hear hear!
    edited February 2010
    Grumbleton wrote:
    Just checked that box and can't find anything about dances, I know they planned it, but one thing is for sure: they did not sell it as premium content you had to pay extra for. Besides, even if Blizzard did, that would not excuse Cryptic now does it?

Playable Ferengi and Starfleet Klingons are about on par with Dwarf Mages and Blood Elf Warriors.

You can come close with the existing game tools. Both were available in Beta. And they popped back up for sale later (at least BElf warriors did.)
    edited February 2010
    Playable Ferengi and Starfleet Klingons are about on par with Dwarf Mages and Blood Elf Warriors.

You can come close with the existing game tools. Both were available in Beta. And they popped back up for sale later (at least BElf warriors did.)

I'm not sure what your point is tbh, but the dwarf mages and blood elf warriors did not come back as premium content. You can't buy a blood elf warrior, not even race/faction change can do that. They are however promissed to be a part of the next expansion.

What is your point though? Do you mean to say that Blizzard did the same thing as Cryptic is doing now? I hope not since that would be like saying something is not what it appears to be simply because it has happened before.

I do know they had stuff in the manual that was not in the game for another few big patches (battlegrounds is an example), but none of the content was sold as premium content like the costumes are. At least I don't remember any special editions that added extra content for a higher price and then did not give it at release. I won't claim my memory is perfect though, just don't remember anything like this happening.
    edited February 2010
    Meh... I'm irritated with this now... if they don't have the uniforms done by the time my 30 days are up they won't get a penny from me.... I'm not paying a subscription if I havent even gotten what I paid extra for in the first place.

No mini-skirts when my 30 days are up... I'm gone.

Sorry just disappointed now... no need to flame me or respond to me.. I won't be looking back at this thread. Carry on and I hope you get a solution guys.
    edited February 2010
    I want my bridge officers in my TOS uniforms, Cryptic better had fixed this issue a long time ago.
    edited February 2010
    Agreed.. I'm starting to get impatient, I want to use these uniforms I payed extra for without my away team looking like a circus show because they can't use them..
    edited February 2010
    oh Rusty... Rusty.. Rusty the code for the Wrath of Khan uniform is floating online somewhere just look it up! I would really like my missing costume pieces... my female toon needs the mini dress
    edited February 2010
    Players will generally stay with a game so long as the fun dividend outweighs the frustration factors.

Feelings of being marginalized = high frustration factor.

Might want to give us an update.

Seriously.
    edited February 2010
    It's getting time to cue up the Benny Hill music. C'mon guys, the bar is REALLY low for bad developer performance, don't try to go under it!
    edited February 2010
    Meh... I'm irritated with this now... if they don't have the uniforms done by the time my 30 days are up they won't get a penny from me.... I'm not paying a subscription if I havent even gotten what I paid extra for in the first place.

No mini-skirts when my 30 days are up... I'm gone.

Sorry just disappointed now... no need to flame me or respond to me.. I won't be looking back at this thread. Carry on and I hope you get a solution guys.

No, I'm with you. While the game is great and I'm having fun with it, I'm getting pretty impatient on this issue. I'd planned my character to have a certain uniform before the game launched including the mini-skirt, and now I've played ten levels without it. It's starting to get annoying and disappointing to not have my character the way I planned her.
    edited February 2010
    See I knew they'd TRIBBLE it up so I'm waiting for the extra deluxe stuff to work before buying it, I can live without STO for a while

GO mass effect 2
    edited February 2010
    If you sell someone a thing

and you take their money

and you don't give them the thing

it is called stealing.

Cryptic- I want my things.
This discussion has been closed.