Options

Missing Uniform Options

1262728293032»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    Back when CO lifetime was offered, they told us specifically that the MU uniform would only be available as part of that offer and no other way. Based on that info I took a leap of faith that was far greater than the one for STO on a game that was highly buggy and very incomplete.

Note this is not them saying some vaguely defined 'exclusive' wording. This was them telling me very directly when asked 'no other way.'

So I would object strenuously if it were made available on the C-store. Not because I'm concerned about 'exclusiveness' but because I had to make a $300 investment (on an entirely different game!) to get something that was made available for under $10. Thats not right. Especially given the uniforms were months late and we've only had them about 3 days now.

But if they put them as a Vet reward at say the 500 day mark, I'd tolerate it. Because that would mean that had I not gone lifetime, it would still have required a similar financial investment. Again, to an entirely unrelated game, but I'd be willing to split the difference at that point.

If you made a $300 investment based on a cosmetic item for a game yet to be released then that's your problem.
    As I've said, people like you are either rich or irresponsible with money, either way, don't expect anyone to care and do not get in my way.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    personae wrote:
    But if they put them as a Vet reward at say the 500 day mark, I'd tolerate it. Because that would mean that had I not gone lifetime, it would still have required a similar financial investment. Again, to an entirely unrelated game, but I'd be willing to split the difference at that point.

As an 18-month to 24-month award then. Not unreasonable.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Quite right, what do i care if some rich kid gets all whiny about it, i want that MU uniform. :p
    Seriously, you paid for the lifetime, not the uniform, its only a perk.

Personally i'd hate to see these go to waste on a minority "rich" crowd after all the work that has been put into them.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I paid a little extra for the DDE. I wanted TOS uniforms and was willing to pay extra.

Within a month of release, and before the uniforms were even correctly modelled, they were given out free to anyone who hit the Becket (?) website. It's not that I needed to feel 'exclusive'... it's that I was charged for something that was marked down to FREE before I even received it.

I am disillusioned with 'perks' and feel they all need to be made available, whether as in-game achievements or the C-store. Yes, even the expensive MU uniforms.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Darkjedi wrote: »
    I paid a little extra for the DDE. I wanted TOS uniforms and was willing to pay extra.

Within a month of release, and before the uniforms were even correctly modelled, they were given out free to anyone who hit the Becket (?) website. It's not that I needed to feel 'exclusive'... it's that I was charged for something that was marked down to FREE before I even received it.

I am disillusioned with 'perks' and feel they all need to be made available, whether as in-game achievements or the C-store. Yes, even the expensive MU uniforms.

You got other stuff from the DDE
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Kaiserhawk wrote: »
    You got other stuff from the DDE

CO lifers got other stuff from their purchase too.
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Quoted For Truth.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=154579

This is the link to the thread about the JJ abrams universe uniform that HAS been spotted in game. It was worn by an NPC in the war is good for business mission. Not found by me.

Will we ever get this uniform in the C-Store?
  • Options
    edited May 2010

Sorry, thought you were *****ing :o
  • Options
    edited May 2010

I bought the DDE download aswell, mostly for the TOS uniform. While I'm in complete agreement Cryptic handing out them as a free was disgraceful, doing it to others doesn't make it fair. Those with the DDE should be compensated, in some way.

There is also a huge difference in investment. I know you aren't one of them, but its staggering how many selfish people this is flushing out. No matter the perk, you get what you paid for, nothing more.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    I bought the DDE download aswell, mostly for the TOS uniform. While I'm in complete agreement Cryptic handing out them as a free is disgraceful, doing it to others doesn't make it fair. Those with the DDE should be compensated, in some way.

There is also a huge difference in investment. I know you aren't one of them, but its staggering how many selfish people this is flushing out. No matter the perk, you get what you paid for, nothing more.

There is not a huge difference in investment, since I nor anyone with a level head will accept the idea that anyone put down $300 for an unseen cosmetic item in an untested, unreleased game and if someone did then their opinion is irrelevant. I for one will not cater to the desires of some spoiled brat who used daddy's credit card.

It's the principle of the thing. The TOS uniforms were given out for FREE.
    That's what makes it a disgrace. People who want the MU uniforms either want to pay for them in the c-store (like me) or want them as vet/lifer rewards which also represents an investment.
    If the TOS uniforms were a c-store item then I wouldn't have a problem - I paid for them, now others pay for them too.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    For one its not $300. Not even STO was that much.

For many, including myself it was the deciding factor between taking out the six month subscription package and the lifetime one. We are also play STO.

All perks should be given out to vets, when the investment level has been reached. To be honest, if I were Crytpic given the selfish nature of some STO only lifers I'd make them pay, but hand them out to paying customers at the appropriate time for free.

Lifetime subs aren't an elite group. They are just being thanked for making upfront payments. In the case of the MU uniforms, that payment being higher than any other current subscriber by any other means.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    ...If the TOS uniforms were a c-store item then I wouldn't have a problem - I paid for them, now others pay for them too.

Exactly.

I won't be buying any more 'perks' or 'exclusives' from Cryptic. In regards to other c-store items, I'll going to limit myself to canon stuff only.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    For one its not $300. Not even STO was that much.

Somebody said it was. Regardless of the price, the point is the same.
    For many, including myself it was the deciding factor between taking out the six month subscription package and the lifetime one. We are also play STO.

Well, sorry, if that was the sole deciding factor in you investing more heavily in an entirely unrelated game then, and I can't stress this enough, THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM.
    Do not expect us to care because you are that loose with your wallet.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Its not my problem. I have access to the MU uniforms, because I bought the package that included them.

It is also related. Its made by the same company. We payed to play both games. You clearly didn't. Hence why we have the additional perk.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    Lifetime subs aren't an elite group. They are just being thanked for making upfront payments. In the case of the MU uniforms, that payment being higher than any other current subscriber by any other means.

Wrong.
    A CO lifer is not guaranteed to become an STO lifer, and will get the MU uniforms regardless.
    You cannot attempt to pull some sort of seniority or something because you are a lifer of both. That was your choice. Nobody held a gun to your head and forced you so don't expect special treatment.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I said nothing about having to have a STO lifetime sub. They have to have the CO one and also subscribe to STO. Many of us do also have a STO lifetime sub, but that is incidental. Either way, we have made a much higher upfront inventment to Cryptic. Again, hence why they perk. We even made up the vast majority of the STO closed beta testers.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    Its not my problem. I have access to the MU uniforms, because I bought the package that included them.

It's your problem because you selfishly want to hold on to them even though people like me are willing to pay for them.
    It is also related. Its made by the same company. We payed to play both games. You clearly didn't. Hence why we have the additional perk.

Thanks for missing the point. It's an unrelated game in gameplay terms. Nothing you do in CO will affect STO or vice versa, you if you bought a CO sub you obviously must've enjoyed playing CO at some point. If not, well then see my previous statements on money wasters.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    I said nothing about having to have a STO lifetime sub. They have to have the CO one and also subscribe to STO. Many of us do also have a STO lifetime sub, but that is incidental. Either way, we have made a much higher upfront inventment to Cryptic. Again, hence why they perk. We even made up the vast majority of the STO closed beta testers.

So what about people who have a normal sub to CO and a lifetime to STO? Aren't they paying an equal amount to those with a CO lifetime and STO normal sub? Yet they don't get MU uniforms or an equivalent CO perk.

You have no argument other than your selfish need to hold on to an exclusive.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dryan wrote:
    I said nothing about having to have a STO lifetime sub...
    Thanks for missing the point....

I can't take you kids ANYWHERE!

Next time, I'm leaving you at home with your mother!
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It's your problem because you selfishly want to hold on to them even though people like me are willing to pay for them.

Thanks for missing the point. It's an unrelated game in gameplay terms. Nothing you do in CO will affect STO or vice versa, you if you bought a CO sub you obviously must've enjoyed playing CO at some point. If not, well then see my previous statements on money wasters.

I/we paid for them. You also know from other posts I've made I'm not being selfish. I've clearly stated numerious times they should be made available to vets (including STO lifers) when the investment level is the same. Not that STO only lifers can actually reach that level.

Many companies offer perks specific to certain games, if you take up a multiple subscription package. You are asking for something you aren't entitled to, just as a none vet would be for the Liberated Borg, etc.
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I can't take you kids ANYWHERE!

Next time, I'm leaving you at home with your mother!

LOL

/10char
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    *sigh*

Y'know what? I'm tired of ****ing exclusives. Just toss them all in the C-Store* along with a promise not to take this silly ******** any further. Cosmetic items exclusives are meh-worthy, playable species are starting to skirt the line, but 'exclusives' that actually invoke gameplay mechanics that don't appear in the game otherwise? The placeable space turret for new Steam purchases and the damage-to-EPS console for D2D have convinced me that Sales and Marketing for Atari has no ****ing concept of 'too far'.

*Including all the ones I have. Especially all the ones I have, because Lib Borg and Joined Trill are part of what I consider the 'pushing it' category.
  • Options
    pvtbelgarionpvtbelgarion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    I see the last post was 2010, but i am still hopeful someone from Cryptic wiil read this as I am a little anoid after spending ten bucks on TOS uniforms that say all items are included such as boots and pants and skirts. while I can outfit my female Boffs in full uniform, skirts, top and boots the pants and boots options are not available for my male Boffs or created character. WHY???!!!:(
  • Options
    temp3rustemp3rus Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited October 2012
    Definitely the right time year for one of these...

ZOMBIE!!!!!!
  • Options
    lorderavenlorderaven Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Having a bug on my klingon that only my first uniform slot will show when I use the change oufit tab to either of my other outfits it just keeps me looking like I am weaing my normal duty uniform...tried contacting STO to no avail
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,336 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    lorderaven wrote: »
    Having a bug on my klingon that only my first uniform slot will show when I use the change oufit tab to either of my other outfits it just keeps me looking like I am weaing my normal duty uniform...tried contacting STO to no avail

Just letting you know that you necro'd a thread.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    Just letting you know that you necro'd a thread.

This one's a sneaky zombie. It's been revived twice already.

Wellp, time to kill it with fire.

[Pulsewave Forum Phaser Mk XIV [+Mod][-Necro]]

ZAP!

Please remember to check the dates of threads; and if you find an old thread which violates the PWE Community Rules and Policies or has been inactive for over 30 days before someone replied to it just report it and avoid posting in it.

Please bear in mind that re-posting in "necro'd" threads is considered a form of spamming.

Note that you're more than welcome to post in an existing active topic or to start a new thread on the topic if there are no active topics already.

Live Long and Prosper,
    Bluegeek
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.