test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    What are the chances for a patch fix on these issues sometime this week? Still holding off on doing the free BO customization until the TOS uniforms are working.
    edited February 2010
    Well, I paid for mini skirts....and it seems like cryptic lied about them. If it was just a
    bug, they would have been able to quickly fix it. So are we going to get refunded the
    difference in the price of the regular game and the deluxe version ?

Prob not.
    edited February 2010
    The TWOK Admiral's Uniform needs a lot of work

Why are we getting the Captain and lower Uniform?

In ST II: TWOK the Admiral's Uniform looks like :

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/de/images/thumb/f/fd/Admiral_Kirk.jpg/180px-Admiral_Kirk.jpg

Notice the white trim along the black trim on the Uniform top.

the Captain's and lower rank uniform looks like

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/f/fd/James_T_Kirk%2C_2293.jpg

From my account page

Activated Features
    Star Trek Online - Preorder
    Star Trek Online Lifetime Subscription
    Wrath of Khan Admiral's Uniform
    Star Trek Online Del Taco Promotion A
    Star Trek Online - Digital Deluxe

If I am reading this correctly, it states Admiral's Uniform, not lesser rank.

This

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/de/images/f/fd/Admiral_Kirk.jpg (Admiral's Uniform)

and this

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/b/b9/Kirk_Pips_and_squeaks.jpg (Admiral's Uniform)

NOT

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/f/fd/James_T_Kirk%2C_2293.jpg (Captain's Uniform)

In game,

Notice how the trim has no white compared to the Admiral's Uniform in the images above.

Also the Rank Pin in game is currently Captain, not Admiral

Here is a chart of the Rank Pins

http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/Starfleet_uniforms_(2270s-2350s) (mid Page)

Match the one you are using in game to the one in the Chart.. it is Captain's Rank, not Admiral

The correct Admiral's Rank pin is : http://memory-alpha.org/en/wiki/File:Admiralflans44.jpg :

you may want to make several rank pins for the player base to display their rank correctly.

This pin goes on the shoulder and just above the Cuff of the sleeve where the white stripe is.

Example :

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/b/b9/Kirk_Pips_and_squeaks.jpg

Also the Years of Service is displayed within the white Cuff.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/memoryalpha/en/images/b/b9/Kirk_Pips_and_squeaks.jpg

The circular pips denoted 1 year of service, while the oblong squeaks denoted 5 years of service.

And don't forget the Gold Trim above the cuff on the sleeve (refer again to above image).

Didn't the Devs check their sources for proper information, or better yet, just go out and buy the TWOK DVD and watch it?

Please fix the Uniform to be what you promised and advertised.
    edited February 2010
    So tomorrow will be one week since launch. I think we deserve an actual update and a solid timeframe as to when we can expect to get the costume content that we paid for.

Thank you.
    edited February 2010
    Syt wrote: »
    \I've often seen that the developers want to get the gameplay right first and added cosmetic details only if time permitted or the main issues were fixed.

That would be prudent if and only if these weren't cosmetic items that were specifically promised and charged extra for.

Cryptic made them a selling point. Cryptic made them premium content. Cryptic needs to treat them as such.
    personae wrote:
    So tomorrow will be one week since launch. I think we deserve an actual update and a solid timeframe as to when we can expect to get the costume content that we paid for.

Thank you.

At this point the only possibility I can fathom as reasonable is that this has exposed something very, very wrong in the implementation of the character appearance editor that is requiring massive recoding.

In which case they still owe us the ****ing information.
    edited February 2010
    At this point the only possibility I can fathom as reasonable is that this has exposed something very, very wrong in the implementation of the character appearance editor that is requiring massive recoding.

In which case they still owe us the ****ing information.

Well considering there are far more options on the Champions creator and its using the same engine, I find this a little hard to believe. They've handled far more complex issues there than adding a skirt. (And there's skirts there too)
    edited February 2010
    personae wrote:
    Well considering there are far more options on the Champions creator and its using the same engine, I find this a little hard to believe. They've handled far more complex issues there than adding a skirt. (And there's skirts there too)

Right. However, it's not the exact same game with the exact same implementation of the engine. In CO, you don't have one logged-in account accessing and altering multiple appearances that are used simultaneously like you do with your captain and BOs in STO. Speaking purely speculatively, the existence of the problem with uniforms that won't select properly on BOs suggests that there may be a problem with how they handled splitting that out.
    edited February 2010
    But then we come to the crux of the matter, why wasn't this tested before release ?
    Mean the khan emote and all that was in the beta and yet the outfits were not and yet the outfits were advertised even when the game was in closed beta.
    You would have thought considering as I said, the khan emote and the rest was in the beta and working well that so was the outfits.
    But guess not.
    edited February 2010
    Bathory wrote:
    But then we come to the crux of the matter, why wasn't this tested before release ?
    Mean the khan emote and all that was in the beta and yet the outfits were not and yet the outfits were advertised even when the game was in closed beta.
    You would have thought considering as I said, the khan emote and the rest was in the beta and working well that so was the outfits.
    But guess not.

Probably the same reason why there are so many other bugs in this game: it was released too early. They needed a longer and perhaps larger Beta to fix these things.

I'm guessing they should have worked another month to release the game with the content and systems that it has now, and another year from now to do the game properly and give it more proper RPG elements.
    edited February 2010
    Time for an update as to when these are going in and an explanation as to what the hold up is exactly, please.
    edited February 2010
    Time for an update as to when these are going in and an explanation as to what the hold up is exactly, please.

I think that is precisely the sort of thing that we all want to know.
    edited February 2010
    23 pages and the lazy people at cryptic cant even give us an update?
    edited February 2010
    23 pages and the lazy people at cryptic cant even give us an update?
    Give them time.
    They are right now thinking of new ways they can use this to TRIBBLE us over on more cash.
    edited February 2010
    I don't know in how many pre- and post-launch closed beta groups you've been, but in my experience, even if artwork guys and gameplay guys are seperate teams, that doesn't mean that the artists' work is immediately included in playtest patches or patches that are released to the public. I've often seen that the developers want to get the gameplay right first and added cosmetic details only if time permitted or the main issues were fixed.

Hooray for assuming that I'm an idiot. Since you used a thinly veiled jab at my experience, I'll do the same and even use your words.

I don't know how many MMOs you've been in, but in my experience, an MMO's gameplay is never quite right. There's always room for improvement and the team is always working on that. I've often seen where developers will replace artwork or add new artwork simply because there are there are a multitude of other teams.

Also, the artwork's already there doofus.

http://fnord.kahlan.org/mirroruniverse.jpg
    http://fnord.kahlan.org/femmirror.jpg

Sadly I forgot to save the screenshot of the one girl in the TOS dress from Treasure Trading Station. But suffice it to say that's already there too. The problem is that it's simply not availible to choose from. All they need to do is edit some tables. It's a matter of data entry, not server code. Unless you expect me to believe that the devs are stupid enough to hardcode all uniform options with select cases.
    edited February 2010
    are they just for the main charactor because i have not being able to dress my bridge officer with them also
    need help
    edited February 2010
    Still Nothing from the Devs ?.... I love the way this company treats its customers....

a Mushroom in the closet get more attention than we do....
    edited February 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:
    Still Nothing from the Devs ?.... I love the way this company treats its customers....

a Mushroom in the closet get more attention than we do....
    My previous post rings more true each day.
    t's more based on CO.
    For a game that is suppose to have been made by a different team, both teams are showing remarkable incompetence, almost like they trying to rival each other on who can TRIBBLE over their customers the most.
    I figured since the other team is demanding that you pay for the expansion pack for CO just so you have some content in the game(CO hardly got any content and that you have to pay extra just to get some more is digusting).
    So I figured, hmm would could the STO team rival that ?
    Well how about we don't allow people to use the items they pay for to use at launch(afterall, the outfits are in the game, just not available for us to use) and wait around 6 months before we allow them to use it.
    I would say that should put the STO team ahead in the competition.
    edited February 2010
    Jorge-fox wrote:
    are they just for the main charactor because i have not being able to dress my bridge officer with them also
    need help

It's an acknowledged bug. As to when it will be fixed... :confused:
    edited February 2010
    You know what's funny? All the people who make the claim that "Oh they're just too concerned about fixing REAL bugs instead of cosmetic ones."

*cough* powerhue *cough*
    edited February 2010
    You know what's funny? All the people who make the claim that "Oh they're just too concerned about fixing REAL bugs instead of cosmetic ones."

*cough* powerhue *cough*

lol so true, although the powerhue would have been extremely easy to turn off
    edited February 2010
    Once there are skirts can we sport leg tats?
    edited February 2010
    Ok, still no skirts, but have noticed that the TOS Pants are available now.

Still can't dress my Bridge Officers in the same bonus uniforms I can wear.
    edited February 2010
    Apparently in this Star Trek Universe, you can only ever have 1 uniform, and if you want to change it, you have to pay - even if it's to a uniform you already purchased and worn before.

Was kinda expecting that I could purchase and save several uniform styles to switch between, rather than have to "customize from scratch and re-purchase" every time I want to switch from say a duty uniform to a dress uniform to a casual off-duty uniform etc.

Even when you "save" a uniform style, the file name information is less than informative - and it costs you nearly 3-4 times to load and "purchase" a saved style than to recreate the same style "from scratch"

And the "uniform" name that you see at the beginning of the uniform customization screen, doesn't do anything. It stays to whatever the default name (or re-named) no matter how you re-customized the uniform or even loaded a previously purchased/saved style.

In every other MMO that I've seen, even when clothing can be customized to the nth detail, you get an actual inventory item that you can switch to when you wanted, not a "skin job" that you have to revisit the "tailor" and re-pay every time you want to modify or update your uniform style.

End-result: too much customization, which makes our toons wear "costumes" and not "uniforms", and the lack of being able to build up a wardrobe of uniforms/costumes. Epic fail.
    edited February 2010
    mdublade wrote: »
    Apparently in this Star Trek Universe, you can only ever have 1 uniform, and if you want to change it, you have to pay - even if it's to a uniform you already purchased and worn before.

Was kinda expecting that I could purchase and save several uniform styles to switch between, rather than have to "customize from scratch and re-purchase" every time I want to switch from say a duty uniform to a dress uniform to a casual off-duty uniform etc.

Even when you "save" a uniform style, the file name information is less than informative - and it costs you nearly 3-4 times to load and "purchase" a saved style than to recreate the same style "from scratch"

And the "uniform" name that you see at the beginning of the uniform customization screen, doesn't do anything. It stays to whatever the default name (or re-named) no matter how you re-customized the uniform or even loaded a previously purchased/saved style.

In every other MMO that I've seen, even when clothing can be customized to the nth detail, you get an actual inventory item that you can switch to when you wanted, not a "skin job" that you have to revisit the "tailor" and re-pay every time you want to modify or update your uniform style.

End-result: too much customization, which makes our toons wear "costumes" and not "uniforms", and the lack of being able to build up a wardrobe of uniforms/costumes. Epic fail.

Fun tip
    Costumes are stored in the screenshot foloder as a black silloette picture
    Rename the file
    edited February 2010
    Soltark wrote: »
    lol so true, although the powerhue would have been extremely easy to turn off

Sure, and it would be easy to introduce the skirts... It's just a matter of data entry. They likely don't have a bunch of If/Else statements or Select/Case for the costumes. Rather, it's more likely that they have it all in easily editable tables. Hard coding the uniform pieces would be amateur enough that you'd never get a job making an MMO. The regular costumes are already there and working. There's no real bug to fix. This isn't a bug, it's an issue. The issue is data entry.

What I can see happening is: if each race needs its own leg textures for skirts and torso textures for the belly shirt, then it's possible that adding the stuff in to the tables will result in untextured legs and torsos for most races.

This is what could be taking so long. If so, I wish they'd just say so. Also, there are two things I would like to request.

1: Please do not add in skins for female Pakled characters. I don't think anyone will enjoy seeing knee-pit hair.

2: Please hurry it the hell up.
    edited February 2010
    Hooray for assuming that I'm an idiot. Since you used a thinly veiled jab at my
    Also, the artwork's already there doofus.

That the artwork is there doesn't mean that the game code is calling it up, calling it up correctly or whatever. Depending on how STO's programming is structured this may be a trivial task to change or may be something buried deeply somewhere that may have repurcussions on other parts of the code if you change it.

What I'm saying is that without looking at their programming code we have no idea how big or small a task this is.

Yes, I've played my share of MMOs, some of them on release, and am used to customers being angry, dissatisfied and making all kinds of legal threats.

However, I'm also used to developers being a bit more communicative on issues that stir the community; the lack of communication from their side in almost all parts of the forums these past days is rather annoying.
    edited February 2010
    Not sure if this has been mentioned but you also can't wear the DS9/Voyager uniform with the Next Gen pin, which is what they were wearing durring Voyager and mid DS9. That and if you change stances with the original next gen badge it ends up inside your chest.
    edited February 2010
    That the artwork is there doesn't mean that the game code is calling it up, calling it up correctly or whatever. Depending on how STO's programming is structured this may be a trivial task to change or may be something buried deeply somewhere that may have repurcussions on other parts of the code if you change it.

What I'm saying is that without looking at their programming code we have no idea how big or small a task this is.

Yes, I've played my share of MMOs, some of them on release, and am used to customers being angry, dissatisfied and making all kinds of legal threats.

However, I'm also used to developers being a bit more communicative on issues that stir the community; the lack of communication from their side in almost all parts of the forums these past days is rather annoying.

that still does not excuse blatent false advertising and failure to pride a paid for produce a week after the stated live date.

that is inexcusable and everyone should be reporting them to the BBB for fradulant praticies.
    edited February 2010
    A week has passed since launch and still no fix? Sooooo how long does it take to fix this Cryptic?

The least you could do is fix for what we have payed for....

I wonder how long we will have to wait? :(
    edited February 2010
    I concour!!!!
This discussion has been closed.