test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    We need to start a "we want our skirts" movement... might have to march down to crytpic studios in skirts, lol.

Indeed :D

One would think that Cryptics pr / customer relation department would say "auch we better fix this asap since we have so many people complaining over this".... Honestly it makes you wonder if they have one.. :rolleyes:

On a serious note I hope to see more peeps agreeing that females on the klingon empire side need more clothing options besides 1-2 shirts and pants, 1 pair of boots etc... not much of a selection tbh... :(
    edited February 2010
    warpface wrote: »
    On a serious note I hope to see more peeps agreeing that females on the klingon empire side need more clothing options besides 1-2 shirts and pants, 1 pair of boots etc... not much of a selection tbh... :(

I agree the selection is a joke atm.
    edited February 2010
    lol, yeah we have a great time here. You can also bring with you your favourite book and we discuss it in our little coffee meetings.:D

i say it's a a bout high time to make a report to the better business berow.

http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/Cryptic-Studios-221613
    edited February 2010
    We need to start a "we want our skirts" movement... might have to march down to crytpic studios in skirts, lol.

Cryptic has more important things to worry about than keeping their promises. Like charging 4 dollars for a playable klingon in the c store for example. They got that working quickly enough.

I'm guessing you will never get this costume part. Cryptic are just going to keep quiet and wait for people to stop asking for them.
    edited February 2010
    another day and no fix, its been nearly a week now so maby we should stop pretending cryptic give a **** about us
    edited February 2010
    So not only can my BOffs not wear the WoK, DS9 or TNG costumes I have (wish I had TOS!) - but now it seems my character can't change costume either!!!
    What on earth?!!

Surely piddley problems like these should have been fixed before headstart, let alone launch?
    edited February 2010
    A progress report on this issue would be greatly appreciated.
    edited February 2010
    im getting really sick of cryptic ignoring this issue people have paid extra money to recieve these uniforms and cryptic havent deleiverd.

come on cryptic get your thumbs out your TRIBBLE and give us what we paid for!
    edited February 2010
    Jeff197533 wrote:
    What if there was an option in the C-Store to purchase these uniforms? I would make that purchase.
    I have already payed for these uniforms, I should not have to pay again.
    edited February 2010
    What if there was an option in the C-Store to purchase these uniforms? I would make that purchase.
    edited February 2010
    Jeff197533 wrote:

I'd rather purchase a TOS Constitution Starship to match my TOS Uniforms than more uniforms.
    edited February 2010
    Grumbleton wrote:
    A progress report on this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Indeed. I guess their priority is server stability => gameplay issues => cosmetic issues.

Which is understandable. It's better to have people complain about not being able to dress their characters as they like than to have them complaining they can't play the game at all (and there's still plenty of that, though I didn't have many issues in evening time GMT+1 last week).

Still, as I wait with bated breath for the TWOK uniforms to be available for my BOffs, a fresh word from the developers about the timeframe we're looking at would be most welcome. An info "probably within two weeks, but no guarantees" would be a lot better than "soon" that has everyone wait for the next patch only to be disappointed once again.
    edited February 2010
    Eh, I understand the idea of priority fixes. Gotta put your resources where they can do the most good.

However, just for myself, I'm not really playing ATM because I can't put my TOS or WOK uniforms on my bridge officers. I can't touch their customization until this is working, and the default bridge officers are blah. It's bad enough to be doing missions for the 4th/5th time from beta until now, I at least want MY preferred setup.

It's a picky deal-breaker for sure, but if the developers can't get this working by the date I have to pay the first subscription fee, they won't get my month's worth. Since I'm doing this month-by-month, and therefore paying the highest amount for the subscription, I am, in theory, the kind of customer they would want to please the most. But, we'll see - there are many theories out there that would advocate letting my type of customer walk for a stronger core of another type of one.

Bozo stays until the bridge officer unis are in, at the very least!
    edited February 2010
    SoooooooooooN
    edited February 2010
    I would be satisfied with them saying "maybe next patch or the patch after that," but telling us "soon (tm)" and then falling silent is not helping any.
    edited February 2010
    Saw an npc on treasure station in tos shirt and skirt.
    edited February 2010
    Are we there yet?
    edited February 2010
    i think this is totaly unaceptable all these errors prove this game was rushed out to cash in
    edited February 2010
    Syt wrote: »
    Indeed. I guess their priority is server stability => gameplay issues => cosmetic issues.

Listen to yourself...

The guys doing the artwork and assets on the client are not the same people doing the server code.

Programming video games is, in some weird way, kind of like running a fast food restaurant.

Client = Burger.
    Server = Fries.

Just because the person deepfrying the fries is busy warming up a new batch of oil, it doesn't mean that making a burger is going to get in the way of the deep fryer.
    edited February 2010
    Listen to yourself...

The guys doing the artwork and assets on the client are not the same people doing the server code.

Programming video games is, in some weird way, kind of like running a fast food restaurant.

Client = Burger.
    Server = Fries.

Just because the person deepfrying the fries is busy warming up a new batch of oil, it doesn't mean that making a burger is going to get in the way of the deep fryer.

I agree

and can I get a shake with that?
    edited February 2010
    levinis wrote: »
    I agree

and can I get a shake with that?

Super Size me
    edited February 2010
    No eye attachment options for Klingon Male Bridge officers
    edited February 2010
    Still waiting for an update on the matter...
    edited February 2010
    Grumbleton wrote:
    Still waiting for an update on the matter...
    Patch ETA, 6 months.
    edited February 2010
    well, i didn't read 21 pages of this thread, but for the record in the event it hasn't been mentioned, DS9 uniforms were JUMPSUITS, not a top and bottom with tng pants.
    edited February 2010
    Tomorrow we will have waited a week for it to work..... :(

Fix it already Cryptic!
    edited February 2010
    Bathory wrote:
    Patch ETA, 6 months.

Are you serious? you dont wnt to tell me that i have to wait 6 Month to get the Uniforms on my BOFFs.
    In 6 Month i will have run all the quests through including the mainstoryline and the game will end p in a far corner of my room.
    edited February 2010
    Bathory wrote:
    Patch ETA, 6 months.

Can I ask Bathory, do you work for Cryptic? I would like to know how reliable this information is?

Thank you
    edited February 2010
    Can I ask Bathory, do you work for Cryptic? I would like to know how reliable this information is?

Thank you
    It's more based on CO.
    For a game that is suppose to have been made by a different team, both teams are showing remarkable incompetence, almost like they trying to rival each other on who can TRIBBLE over their customers the most.
    I figured since the other team is demanding that you pay for the expansion pack for CO just so you have some content in the game(CO hardly got any content and that you have to pay extra just to get some more is digusting).
    So I figured, hmm would could the STO team rival that ?
    Well how about we don't allow people to use the items they pay for to use at launch(afterall, the outfits are in the game, just not available for us to use) and wait around 6 months before we allow them to use it.
    I would say that should put the STO team ahead in the competition.
    edited February 2010
    Listen to yourself...

Client = Burger.
    Server = Fries.

I don't know in how many pre- and post-launch closed beta groups you've been, but in my experience, even if artwork guys and gameplay guys are seperate teams, that doesn't mean that the artists' work is immediately included in playtest patches or patches that are released to the public. I've often seen that the developers want to get the gameplay right first and added cosmetic details only if time permitted or the main issues were fixed.
This discussion has been closed.