Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    JWBinGA wrote: »
    Is there any word on a setting to disable the body armor showing? I want my crew in all TOS clothes.

Right click on the armor and select the hide option. Works for kits too.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StarTuxia wrote: »
    Kind of annoying that I cannot change anything in the tailor for my main character, cannot change to the Wrath of Khan uniform, TOS uniform or anything new from release day.

Also cannot change the pip from Ensign to anything but none. No Chief, nor Lieutenant (any level).

I thought I was able to change into the TOS/Wrath of Khan top earlier on my main, but cannot now.

Hope they fix it soon :D

The tailor is rather bugged since release, best chance in your case from what I can tell is to quit the tailor session entirely and restart it untill you can change it again. Any changes I can make when making the character I can do at the tailor, just needs some tailor session restarts a bunch of times. However we don't all experience bugs the same way so it might not work for you.
    If you haven't tried this already it might be worth a shot.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I don't understand why they just don't let everyone have all the uniform options. We shouldn't have to spend a couple hundred bucks on all the different game offers to get the costumes. This is a Star Trek game. If they are going to allow different types of uniforms, then we should get to choose from all versions of the uniforms. If they don't want to give them away free to everyone, at least put them in the C store and let us buy the ones we want to use.
    It might even solve the problem they are having with uniform options not showing up for the different versions people have of the game.

I love the game, don't get me wrong. I would just like to wear the costume I want without having to buy a certain version of the game. I'm not rich.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Has the TOS Skirt bug been fixed ? I still cant see the Skirt for mu uniform....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:
    Has the TOS Skirt bug been fixed ? I still cant see the Skirt for mu uniform....

dunno...
    Server is down
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sqwibbs wrote: »
    The color in the Kahn pants seems to be a bit off. The darkest they can be made is gray and there are two color options that have no effect on the color of the pants at all.

Try changing the color template option on the uniform page. Certain options only seem to appear (or disappear) when you change from the default.

For example, my liberated Borg BO wouldn't wear the proper uniform colors under the default (the tunic color and pants color seemed linked somehow). I switched to color setting 02, and the uniform colored up just fine.

Cheers,

KOS
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Pacifica- wrote:

No. Read the first dev post in this thread for details.

Cheers,

KOS
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Try changing the color template option on the uniform page. Certain options only seem to appear (or disappear) when you change from the default.

For example, my liberated Borg BO wouldn't wear the proper uniform colors under the default (the tunic color and pants color seemed linked somehow). I switched to color setting 02, and the uniform colored up just fine.

Cheers,

KOS

Unfortunately, this did not work.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    JWBinGA wrote: »
    Is there any word on a setting to disable the body armor showing? I want my crew in all TOS clothes.

I have almost the opposite problem. I can't get the Wrath of Khan outfit to change to the Chromodynamic armor for the life of me, so we can at least be somewhat consistent. I'd like to at least SEE what it looks like, to tell the truth, but everything I've tried (unequipping then reequipping, both with armor showing and hidden) has failed. I haven't changed the actual uniform, but I'd rather not if it can be avoided.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Armor doesn't seem to update until after you zone. Try that.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    In some threads folks say that if you did a pre-order delux set, you got "all the goodies". Other say, NO! it depends on who you got it from as to what you get. then I have seen others argue that point.

Frankly I would like an answer to the please by someone in the know.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    The thin leather shoulder/chest strap for the Klingon tailor options is missing since OB.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    When are they going to put in the decorative sash thingy that worf and other kilngons wore?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Eradicus wrote:
    When are they going to put in the decorative sash thingy that worf and other kilngons wore?

its working for me.. my character has one on right now...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    A fix is coming "soon"...

Please be a bit more specific, can we expect a fix this weekend, next week/weekend? or is it a couple of weeks away?

Considering that there are so many customers that are waiting for these fixes, and who find this an important issue, one would think that Cryptic would realise that it would be better to bit more specific about a timeframe, you know customer relations and all!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    StormShade wrote:
    • Bridge Officers unable to wear special costume sets
    This is a known issue, and will be fixed in game soon.

Let's bring some humor to this problem. ;)
    http://www.reallifecomics.com/archive/100205.html
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It's probably been mentioned by now, but female versions of the mirror universe lifetime uniforms aren't accessible at all, and when I checked the male version, only the top half and sash were available.

Also, the Chromodynamic armor only shows up on tactical officers.

And while it isn't exactly a "clothing" problem, the NX registry prefixes don't seem to be selectable in the ship editor.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    And while it isn't exactly a "clothing" problem, the NX registry prefixes don't seem to be selectable in the ship editor.

You select the NX prefix, not in the ship editor, but if you hit the "rename" button in the ship's paperdoll. I know it's counter-intuitive.

And,

I want my skirts! Come on!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Lack of Communication from Cryptic is annoying as hell...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    still no fix?! :O shame on you cryptic, shame on you
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Will be fixed soon? What exactly is your definition of "Soon?." Maybe that's the problem is we are defining it differently. Is soon in the near future or is soon in the first 6 months before the game is a ghosttown?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, if i say i'll do something soon then it means in the next few hours, maximum till the end of the day.:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    branovices wrote: »
    Will males be able to use the skirts, as per canon?

Canon for TNG, but not Canon for TOS uniforms
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They only have so many programmers and so many hours in a day. I am sure that their current priority is stabilizing the servers. That is fine with me because, to be honest, I would rather be able to play the game with my gray WoK pants, then not play it at all.

Somone else mentioneed that the WoK uniform won't show armor. I noticed this as well, but I had assumed it was on purpose. Now that I think about it, it might well be a bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    While I agree with the so many programmers, so many hours in the day. We are over 1 week since early release. You would think that things they promised would be at release, would be in game by now. Just because THEY dropped the ball, doesn't mean that its acceptable or that I should just look the other way. In my job, that doesn't work. If I drop the ball, I have to pay for it ... people just don't accept the answer "Sorry, I was too busy with other things..."
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Akula wrote: »
    While I agree with the so many programmers, so many hours in the day. We are over 1 week since early release. You would think that things they promised would be at release, would be in game by now. Just because THEY dropped the ball, doesn't mean that its acceptable or that I should just look the other way. In my job, that doesn't work. If I drop the ball, I have to pay for it ... people just don't accept the answer "Sorry, I was too busy with other things..."

Amen. These were PRE ORDER BONUS, more then that we were PROMISED them by Feb 2.

I'm pretty sure Feburary 6's comes after the 2nd.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Let me guess we still are working with............SOON
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Sqwibbs wrote: »
    They only have so many programmers and so many hours in a day. I am sure that their current priority is stabilizing the servers. That is fine with me because, to be honest, I would rather be able to play the game with my gray WoK pants, then not play it at all.

Somone else mentioneed that the WoK uniform won't show armor. I noticed this as well, but I had assumed it was on purpose. Now that I think about it, it might well be a bug.

To be honest, I kind of don't want to log any more time in the game anyway until I can have the uniform I wanted from the start. So I wouldn't mind if they diverted some attention from the servers over to fixing this issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If they announced they will give all characters 1 free costume change once the fix goes live, people could use the freebie they have to make the best of what they currently can do, and wait it out a lot calmer. While these boards have been filled with a TON of needless complaining, as far as this uniform situation has gone, the lack of communication from the devs has completely justified the response.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    Amen. These were PRE ORDER BONUS, more then that we were PROMISED them by Feb 2.

I'm pretty sure Feburary 6's comes after the 2nd.

None of the costumes were pre-order bonuses.
This discussion has been closed.