What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Which begs the question...if Farpoint Station incident with Q was the first encounter humans had with the Borg, how did they have such a huge population of assimilated humans in the Delta Quadrant?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Trulahn wrote: »
    Which begs the question...if Farpoint Station incident with Q was the first encounter humans had with the Borg, how did they have such a huge population of assimilated humans in the Delta Quadrant?

1: Farpoint had nothing to do with the Borg.
    2: Farpoint predated the Federation's first recorded encounter with the Borg.
    3: In no part did they ever say during the first encounter with the Borg that humans were even known to the borg.
    4: There are Human colonies spread all throughout the galaxy. There was even a colony of humans already in the Delta Quadrant hundreds of years before Voyager ever went there. Granted they were alien abductees but still
    5: Seven of Nine, formerly known as Annika Hansen was the child of the first two humans to ever encounter The Borg. Her parents tracked the Borg for years but were eventually discovered. Them and their ship, the USS Raven, were assimilated. With this information, The Borg could easily have found remote worlds.
    6: Between Picard's first Borg encounter and Janeway's first Delta Quadrant Borg encounter, a lot of stuff happened, including the assimilation of entire Federation worlds
    7: Would you kindly mind explaining what any of this has to do with the thread?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I've spotted a female TOS uniform that involves pants, not a skirt or dress.

It's the episode "Where No Man Has gone Before" which CBS themselves posted to YouTube.

In this episode, we see a high necked collar on Spock and Kirk, as well as Spock in a beige'ish shirt (that to my understanding is actually green but the hue wasn't picked up very well on the film). Anyway, it seems the pants version of the female uniform in this episode involves an entirely different collar for the top, one that's far less revealing.

Although this is not the iconic uniform, I suppose I'm ready to just say "close enough" with this old uniform uncovered.

Still doesn't excuse the complete and total lack of MU uniform for females... Heck, on that one I'm willing to take the Terran Empire badge and the sash, then call it even.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Farpoint was the episode where Q tossed Picard into Delta Quadrant and ran into the Borg.

If those people Borg assimilated were all human, why didn't any of them knew where Earth was and it was the encounter with the Enterprise that got the Borgs interested in invading the Alpha Quadrant.

The point is that why should all liberated Borgs be humans since there must be non-human species that can be assimilated and there were plenty except for the Udine....so there should be liberated Borg every race playable and not just semi-humans.

And the Borg was a force to recon with even before their encounter with PIcard so that was not the cause for the "rise of power." Therefore the time between Picard and Janeway are irrelavant.

The human population in Delta Quadrant is way too insignificant to be the source of Borg population. Their main source of "hosts" must be of non-human humanoid Delta quadrant species.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Trulahn wrote: »
    Farpoint was the episode where Q tossed Picard into Delta Quadrant and ran into the Borg.

If those people Borg assimilated were all human, why didn't any of them knew where Earth was and it was the encounter with the Enterprise that got the Borgs interested in invading the Alpha Quadrant.

The point is that why should all liberated Borgs be humans since there must be non-human species that can be assimilated and there were plenty except for the Udine....so there should be liberated Borg every race playable and not just semi-humans.

And the Borg was a force to recon with even before their encounter with PIcard so that was not the cause for the "rise of power." Therefore the time between Picard and Janeway are irrelavant.

The human population in Delta Quadrant is way too insignificant to be the source of Borg population. Their main source of "hosts" must be of non-human humanoid Delta quadrant species.

On the contrary, the first episode with the Borg was Season 2, episode 16 entitled "Q Who".

Season 1, Episode 1: Encounter at Farpoint was merely the first episode with Q, not the Borg. If you wish to discuss this further, please PM me. This thread is not the place for such a discussion.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

It's the episode "Where No Man Has gone Before" which CBS themselves posted to YouTube.

In this episode, we see a high necked collar on Spock and Kirk, as well as Spock in a beige'ish shirt (that to my understanding is actually green but the hue wasn't picked up very well on the film). Anyway, it seems the pants version of the female uniform in this episode involves an entirely different collar for the top, one that's far less revealing.

Although this is not the iconic uniform, I suppose I'm ready to just say "close enough" with this old uniform uncovered.

Still doesn't excuse the complete and total lack of MU uniform for females... Heck, on that one I'm willing to take the Terran Empire badge and the sash, then call it even.

excapt theirs the entire wording "red blue and yellow"

And that was this group last i checked

http://www.actionfigurepics.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/Star-Trek-TOS-Series-5.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Except the existing TOS uniforms are inaccurate to THAT style, as well.

And frankly, I'd not be satisfied with the male version of the MU uniform just getting copied over to females. That's look awful and be a slap in the face.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Technically, Capt. Archer had the first encounter with the Borg. Enterprise, Season 2, Episode 23 - Regeneration.

Sort of a time paradox created from when the Enterprise D travels back in time in First Contact. Supposedly, the frozen borg found on the ice planet are leftovers from the destroyed borg sphere. And of course, before finally destroying the borg, T'Pol mentions they got a message out to the delta quadrant and it would reach the destination by the 24th century.

So, in theory, the Borg already knew about humans and were probably on their merry way to assimiliate the alpha quadrant and Q just gave them an express ticket to their destination.

Oh and on topic here, Admiral rank won't show up on DS9 and TNG Series uniforms.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Funny thing is VGER was the first Borg!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Except the existing TOS uniforms are inaccurate to THAT style, as well.

And frankly, I'd not be satisfied with the male version of the MU uniform just getting copied over to females. That's look awful and be a slap in the face.

What you talking bout Willis? Everybody KNOW their no such thing as women in the Mirror Universe
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    BlackLobo wrote: »
    Funny thing is VGER was the first Borg!

Errr...

V'ger has been assigned many different relations to the Borg in different non-canon novels, but that particular relation appears in none.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

The second pilot? I think the first pilot (included in "the Menagerie", later released on its own as "the Cage") also had women wearing trousers instead of skirts.

I think it's reasonable to assume, though, that just about everyone considers the skirts to be the canon TOS uniform.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MOUT wrote: »
    The second pilot? I think the first pilot (included in "the Menagerie", later released on its own as "the Cage") also had women wearing trousers instead of skirts.

I think it's reasonable to assume, though, that just about everyone considers the skirts to be the canon TOS uniform.

Yes plus even if we were going to accept the pants uniforms from The 2 pilots , the in game uniforms don't match those either.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    What you talking bout Willis? Everybody KNOW their no such thing as women in the Mirror Universe

Honestly, Cryptic's treatment of female uniform options in this game makes me think they imagine there are no female Trekkers :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Honestly, Cryptic's treatment of female uniform options in this game makes me think they imagine there are no female Trekkers :(

na their just 12 y/o boys who think Girls are Icky
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got an interesting reply to my help ticket requesting the Mirror Universe Uniform:
    Greetings, Thank you for contacting Cryptic Studios billing support. We have the boots and the skirt availible, but as of now we are still working on a teen appropiate top for the female character.

Good to know why the delay, I'm guessing someone objected to the top we've seen on NPC's. Cant say that I agree, but at least we heard something.
    Looks like my subscription will have expired before this is added.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CyberNova wrote:
    I got an interesting reply to my help ticket requesting the Mirror Universe Uniform:
    Greetings, Thank you for contacting Cryptic Studios billing support. We have the boots and the skirt availible, but as of now we are still working on a teen appropiate top for the female character.

Good to know why the delay, I'm guessing someone objected to the top we've seen on NPC's. Cant say that I agree, but at least we heard something.

Thats weird. It was appropriate in primetime TV during family hour over 40 years ago......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CyberNova wrote:

That's great news but also doesn't make sense. Champions is rated Teen also and they have all sorts of revealing costumes. You could walk around in a bikini bra and panties with lingerie leggings for crying out loud.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That response is absurd. They've already got a perfectly suitable MU top being worn by NPCs, and there's other NPCs wearing considerably less on top, so I don't see how it's an issue.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Billing support sent me a similar response:

"Greetings, Specifically it is listed under the "Advanced" options tab on the "Customize Your Uniform" screen. We are working on it because it is a bit risque. We are trying to edit it so it can have a teen rating. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for playing! Cryptic Studios Billing Support"

I'm just glad to finally get a response and I'm glad to hear they're working on it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Koriel wrote: »
    Billing support sent me a similar response:

"Greetings, Specifically it is listed under the "Advanced" options tab on the "Customize Your Uniform" screen. We are working on it because it is a bit risque. We are trying to edit it so it can have a teen rating. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Feel free to let us know if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you for playing! Cryptic Studios Billing Support"

I'm just glad to finally get a response and I'm glad to hear they're working on it.

HA! Risque? The uniform was on prime time in the 60s... The 60s still had television shows with husband and wife sleeping in separate twin beds instead of in the same bed.

Risque? Really? Have we regressed to pre-1960s levels of conservatism?

And conservatism didn't stop CO from having itty bitty bikinis and far more revealing clothes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I posted an update in the Mirror Univese specific thread: but I thought it would be relevant to re-post here:

Getting the full Female Mirror Universe costume pieces out for player use is something we are working towards. And yes, the one we are currently planning is the one Uhura wore in "Mirror, Mirror", bare midriff included.

We have a fairly extensive Alien creator in STO, allowing all sorts of different alien looks for the head of your avatar, from classically clean and attractive to monstrous and grotesque. With very skimpy outfits like the Mirror Universe top, you will be able to see lots of skin and we want to eventually allow a similar level of customization there. Right now we don't have those bare chest assets ready.

The Mirror Universe Female uniforms are indeed coming, but they are not right around the corner. That being said, we are very much aware of the wants and needs for them, and are working on it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thank you Matt for the update. It's very much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    mhighison wrote: »
    I posted an update in the Mirror Univese specific thread: but I thought it would be relevant to re-post here:

Getting the full Female Mirror Universe costume pieces out for player use is something we are working towards. And yes, the one we are currently planning is the one Uhura wore in "Mirror, Mirror", bare midriff included.

We have a fairly extensive Alien creator in STO, allowing all sorts of different alien looks for the head of your avatar, from classically clean and attractive to monstrous and grotesque. With very skimpy outfits like the Mirror Universe top, you will be able to see lots of skin and we want to eventually allow a similar level of customization there. Right now we don't have those bare chest assets ready.

The Mirror Universe Female uniforms are indeed coming, but they are not right around the corner. That being said, we are very much aware of the wants and needs for them, and are working on it.

and it took you 7 months to get it right?

when can we expect our promised /3 ToS uniforms" you know the ones you talk about

here
    tos6xfire.jpg
    here
    tos5gametap.jpg
    here
    tos4atari.jpg
    here
    tos3.jpg
    here
    tos2.jpg
    here
    tos1.jpg
    and here
    tos7sto.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Matt, here's a proposal for TOS miniskirts.

We want the actual, canon, TOS mini-dress. The skirt we have can be paired with any shirt and people who did not buy the DDE always ask about it. Please design a canon TOS female uniform and place the existing mini-skirt in the C-Store for anyone to buy. That way you can cover your costs.

Also, Coderanger said the game doesn't work well with dresses and that it would look horrible as a one-piece. But I found The Zoot Jacket in Champions which is the same length of a TOS mini-dress. Perhaps this jacket could be modified for STO or something similar to it made.

Thanks for listening!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Thank you for the update, and since some of the more annoying whiny babies in this thread said they'd give you 60 days from launch to fix this or they'd leave forever, please don't fix it until at least day 70, just to be on the safe side.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

So, just to be clear... The uniforms which you sold to us nearly a year ago will be added to the game eventually, but not any time soon... And you're okay with this? You think that this is an appropriate level of quality and service? Really?!?!
  • Options
    edited February 2010

This update is very much appreciated. I'm sure the wait will prove worth it in the end.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    personae wrote:
    This update is very much appreciated. I'm sure the wait will prove worth it in the end.

right cause 7 months was clearly not enough time
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am wondering if you guys could allow the TNG Film combadge on the DS9 uniform. If not no biggie.
This discussion has been closed.