Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    CyberNova wrote:
    I enjoy CO and STO and would rather not give up my lifetime subscription, but at this point demanding a refund and not renewing my account seem like the only ways to get some attention to this. I hope not.

Well, IMO STO is an awesome game. I am sad that I have gotten so negative in the last time, I just hate it if I think someone lies to me.

However, I have lied too in my life, so I really can't throw any stones here.

I would have been very happy if I could really have my toons in accurate TOS uniforms, since I grew up with that series and loved it.

After I have learned that they only have one character artist I am pretty sure that it won't happen.

I'll continue to play the game - with my toons in the new uniforms, since there are some that look pretty good to me.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Can I please have the proper female TOS uniform for my characters?

I did pay extra for it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Grydan wrote: »
    Can I please have the proper female TOS uniform for my characters?

I did pay extra for it.

Cryptic Replies: NO
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So anyway, spoke to my lawyer at length yesterday about the Mirror Universe uniforms. He said that while what's happened is infact despicable, possibly even deliberately deceptive, and I quote
    The advertisement said "Uniform" not "Uniforms." This means that you can only expect one uniform. Whether that's one uniform for both genders or just one uniform for one gender is up to Cryptic's interpretation."

Ok, so basically, Cryptic has no legal obligation to give us female MU uniforms. They may however have a financial obligation. That is if they lose credibility with the players, their next game may not sell so well.

Ok, I think the law suit discussion won't be taken too seriously by Cryptic because it's just too common on the forums for someone to claim to be a lawyer or know a lawyer. It's just like someone giving Cryptic "advice" on some game aspect because they are a "game designer" LOL. This effort will go no where most likely.

However, what is valid is that clearly corners have been cut in delivering Mirror Universe uniforms to customers. The original news article for the CO Lifetime Offer did not make it clear that this was a male top only. Here is the link to it:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=24059

In this article, Daeke does not refer to it as "uniform". It's referred to as "Mirror Universe costume set" and "Unique Mirror Universe outfit". That's one thing for your lawyer to consider.

And here's something else. CO Lifers also got the exclusive "Retro Future costume set" for Champions. Guess what? The "Retro Future costume set" is available for BOTH Male And Female. So it is only natural to assume that the "Mirror Universe costume set" (as Daeke refered to it) would be available for both sexes also. Why was the MU Costume Set short changed?!

There's something more for your lawyer to chew on even though I think Cryptic auto-ignores law suit talk.

What they may not ignore is this PM I'm going to send my favorite Dev Jack Emmert about this disparity in exclusive costume sets.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just a link to my little pic in this thread, too, just for reference:

http://www.tomshut.de/TosVsSTO.jpg

Good picture, Uncle Thompson. Strangely, when I have my Boffs wearing that uniform, that seam in the middle doesn't show. Wierd... :o
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    000Feeder wrote: »
    Good picture, Uncle Thompson. Strangely, when I have my Boffs wearing that uniform, that seam in the middle doesn't show. Wierd... :o

It may be a level of detail thing? I have the graphics settings high and there's a very clear demarcation for me, even if I match the colors exactly.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I very rarely complain about MMOs. I know they are complex and difficult to create, and they are dynamically changing over time.

However, the mirror universe clothing not being available for female characters is one thing that really irritates me.

Cryptic needs to get this taken care of. As others have pointed out, the uniform already exists in the game on NPCs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Needle wrote: »
    I very rarely complain about MMOs. I know they are complex and difficult to create, and they are dynamically changing over time.

However, the mirror universe clothing not being available for female characters is one thing that really irritates me.

Cryptic needs to get this taken care of. As others have pointed out, the uniform already exists in the game on NPCs.

I agree completely....
    this is the response I got to my recent Bug Report on my missing Mirror Universe Uniforms

"In reviewing the issue you described, we have found that this function is working correctly. The Mirror Universe Uniform is only available to Male Federation characters."

They might as well have said, we are sorry that you are unable to use this feature. Mabey you should not rely on what we tell you anymore because while we deliver on what we promise, you may not be able to use it.

I have already applied more than one retail key to my account to gain access to benefits (like uniforms), mabey I'll stop buying more retail boxes because that uniform that I am paying $50 for may not work on my characters.

If these uniforms and outfits were not already in the game, then I'd be fine with it and just accept it as bad luck on my part. However I have seen SEVERAL outfits I would like for my characters, and none of them are accessable. (yes I would pay cryptic points for a proper Orion Female Outfit those boots are horrible)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Almost 3 weeks since Head start Still no Mirror Universe sets for female. Need UPDATE on this as these was paid for months ago and they are still not available and lastest ticket response basically says STFU we don't care that you paid lifetimes to us for them we only making 3 peices and male only even though that was not how it was stated when lifetime was bought and the full outfits for females are on NPC's in game of which multiple people have screenshots of all over the forums which is just a slap in the face to people that bought it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Still waiting for a response Cryptic.

Yes or No to Female Mirror Universe outfit. Your in-game ticket response says one thing and the thread that started this post says another.

If Yes, we are getting them and they are still bugged, but are being worked on, for the love of God, TELL US so we can stop asking about them.

If No, we are not getting them, I along with every CO Lifetime Subscriber who are also subscribed to STO, want a full refund of our purchase price, as you have commited Fraud and have breached the terms of service in which we paid for.

In fact, if you just want to refund my CO Lifetime Subscription right now, I'll never bother you again. I'll only be out $100 bucks for buying both CO and STO retail copies, with a lesson learned to never try another one of your products.

We gave you our Trust, that you were an HONEST company and would be faithful to your subscribers. We gave you our hard earned money for a Lifetime Subscription for your product. If you treat us this way, I can only imagine how you treat your employees and wonder how long it will be that you remain in business.

How do you people sleep at night?

I expected better from your company.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    atmospheric suits: i want to go down to more inhospitable planets, and why not have a fight on the outer hull of the ship like first contact? that could be fun
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wfs5519 wrote: »
    atmospheric suits: i want to go down to more inhospitable planets, and why not have a fight on the outer hull of the ship like first contact? that could be fun

Wrong thread. This is about missing options that should be there. As in people have a special code that's supposed to give them special uniforms. You want to take it to the costume suggestion/request thread.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well in the current patch notes nothing is listed once again for the Mirror Universe Uniform. Why am I not shocked? Sure would be nice to know whats going on.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yeah still no Mirror Universe uniforms except for the male top.

When will the rest finally follow and what compensation will Cryptic provide since they didn't fulfill their part of the deal:

http://www.champions-online.com/node/172998
    Quote:
    Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release

It's way past game's release now, quite obviously Cryptic didn't deliver as promised.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Is this thread still active?

I've another to add, and its a VERY simple one:

Klingon collars.

Right now, only the "Alien" species can remove them entirely. Please add a "none" option to all other races (including the Kling Lib Borg) so we can make an actual TOS Klingon Uniform!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    Yeah still no Mirror Universe uniforms except for the male top.

Not true. The Sash and cutoffs are entirely accurate. What we got was Spock's mirror Uni.

I too would like to see the knee-high boots and sleeveless top mirror-Kirk was sporting, but we *did* get a full mirror-Spock outfit, even if the Terran Empire logo is wrong and the rank/medals are missing.

Check about the web for full-lengith images or costume drawings for Spock's mirror garb - he had the cutoffs.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jnoh wrote:
    Not true. The Sash and cutoffs are entirely accurate. What we got was Spock's mirror Uni.

I too would like to see the knee-high boots and sleeveless top mirror-Kirk was sporting, but we *did* get a full mirror-Spock outfit, even if the Terran Empire logo is wrong and the rank/medals are missing.

Check about the web for full-lengith images or costume drawings for Spock's mirror garb - he had the cutoffs.

I still don't find any part of this uniform. I play a female character btw.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jnoh wrote:

Yeah, that's the one bright spot in all this. I actually preferred Mirror Spock to Mirror Kirk, uni-wise.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Males should have kilts like Scotty used to wear. :p
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Now i am getting ticked....

STILL no DS9 uniform option for female characters and BOffs! :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I wish they would tell us something so we can at least know there is just more wait for the female versions of the MU outfit or we can legitimately go and start to raise hell.

Personally I can't imagine why they would not give us a female MU outfit, its already in game! Just make it work for players.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm wondering why we have no answer on the subject...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Jnoh wrote:

That image is wrong.

In the actual episode, Mirror MIrror, Spock wore knee length boots. You can watch the episode on CBS' website. You get a full view of his boots in the fight scene and aftewards when McCoy saves his life.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    As many many other people have said, When our we even going to get a reply from Cryptic.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    CyberNova wrote:
    As many many other people have said, When our we even going to get a reply from Cryptic.

Sooon(TM) 10 char
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    kalanye wrote: »
    I'm wondering why we have no answer on the subject...

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=119646
  • Options
    edited February 2010

so he blames the system now?

didnt somone do a photoshop mockup of the top shirt and tights, can you dig that up for me?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    does anyone know when they might be adding dresses or skirts for us female carracters that did not buy the special set of this game .will they add it to the cstore to be bought or will it be added in game to buy i really want one for my tinkerbell to wear please mail me in game if you know about the dresses it is tinkerbell@alucardbell
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Well the female Mirror Universe uniform is made of two parts, so they can't bring that excuse there.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    Well the female Mirror Universe uniform is made of two parts, so they can't bring that excuse there.

They will probably go with the "it doesn't mesh with the Kits" excuse for that one. :rolleyes:
This discussion has been closed.