What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    You exhibit signs of classic paranoia, I'd talk to a psychiatrist about that if I were you.

that was way out of left field
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It is a sad when all I care about is getting the TOS female uniform correct!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Geofftillman, thanks for the referral to that thread. Finally a dev commented about TOS Female uniforms:
    http://forums.startrekonline.com/showthread.php?t=119646

Maybe there is still hope for TOS Female Uniforms. I just made a costume in Champions that's virtually a one-piece mini-dress. Hopefully this can be modified for STO or something similar created.

Here are screens of it:
    CO Zoot Suit Jacket
    CO Zoot Jacket - Front
    CO Zoot Jacket - Back
    CO Zoot Jacket - Right Side
    CO Zoot Jacket - Left Side

Here's instructions for creating the costume:
    Bottoms Section > Tights & Skin > Legs > Costume Piece = Skin
    Tops Section > Jackets > Chest & Arms > Costume Piece = Skin
    Tops Section > Jackets > Chest Layer > Costume Piece = Zoot Suit Jacket
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It is a sad when all I care about is getting the TOS female uniform correct!

We should expand our interests, then.

Why can't my captain wear the green wrap-around shirt that Kirk sometimes sported? It was a TOS uniform!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    They will probably go with the "it doesn't mesh with the Kits" excuse for that one. :rolleyes:

at this point I am willingly to see that excuse.. TRIBBLE answer BUT an answer !!!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So are the uniform issues resolved??? If so, I still don't have all my options.

A fleet mate told me he was able to access skirts at the tailor in Sol. But I went there and wasn't able to. Do you need to buy a specific copy to have skirts for females? Someone in the know, if you'd be so kind as to enlighten me please.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    republic wrote: »
    So are the uniform issues resolved??? If so, I still don't have all my options.

A fleet mate told me he was able to access skirts at the tailor in Sol. But I went there and wasn't able to. Do you need to buy a specific copy to have skirts for females? Someone in the know, if you'd be so kind as to enlighten me please.

You need the DigitalDeluxe Edition, which is the one that was advertised with the TOS skirts.

CO lifetime subscribers were supposed to get a Mirror Universe uniform set, but it's looking like Cryptic is pulling dickery and only giving us the male version.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So can I point out its a little absurd that the TOS skirt lets you wear knee-high boots that are not actually part of that uniform, while there is no female Mirror Universe options at all - those boots are from the Mirror Universe uniform and we've already seen the tops in game.

(though I'm glad for the TOS-access players who got sometin' out of this mismatch fiasco)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »

You know what's funny?
    Daeke wrote:
    only going to be around until supplies last

What? That makes no sense. "until supplies last"? When is that? Isn't it that while they last, they're still there? So isn't that kind of like saying "it'll be available until we have some to sell"? Like "here, you can drink some water out of this cup, but you can only drink until there is water in it"

Anyway, yeah, I was glad that Atari/Cryptic came through in the end and upheld their original advertising. And I thought we were done with the problems regarding the CO Lifetime accounts. However, it seems that isn't the case. It's been three patch days and they've still only delivered half the MU uniform. I'm certainly not going to give Cryptic another red cent. Does that mean I'm leaving? No, not unless I get banned, and I don't intend on getting banned. Lifetime accounts are both a curse and a blessing. On one hand, we never have to pay for the game from here out. On the other, we've learned that Cryptic cannot be trusted to adhere to its advertising.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Getting tired of posting this.... still no DS9 uniforms for females....
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You know what's funny?

What? That makes no sense. "until supplies last"? When is that? Isn't it that while they last, they're still there? So isn't that kind of like saying "it'll be available until we have some to sell"? Like "here, you can drink some water out of this cup, but you can only drink until there is water in it"

Anyway, yeah, I was glad that Atari/Cryptic came through in the end and upheld their original advertising. And I thought we were done with the problems regarding the CO Lifetime accounts. However, it seems that isn't the case. It's been three patch days and they've still only delivered half the MU uniform. I'm certainly not going to give Cryptic another red cent. Does that mean I'm leaving? No, not unless I get banned, and I don't intend on getting banned. Lifetime accounts are both a curse and a blessing. On one hand, we never have to pay for the game from here out. On the other, we've learned that Cryptic cannot be trusted to adhere to its advertising.

there's a reason my CO sig says "you can't retcon reality cryptic" i may have to make one for STO "Day of Launch is not 3 plus weeks"
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    You need the DigitalDeluxe Edition, which is the one that was advertised with the TOS skirts.

CO lifetime subscribers were supposed to get a Mirror Universe uniform set, but it's looking like Cryptic is pulling dickery and only giving us the male version.

Dang, that's lame! At least now I'll stop looking for it.

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Getting tired of posting this.... still no DS9 uniforms for females....

I'm pretty sure I've seen player females wearing it. The original one that's an inverted TNG uniform (and you can invert it back)? Or is there another one that doesn't work for them?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm noticing a trend

no ToS female uniform
    No DS9 Female Uniform
    No MU Female Uniform
    No uniforms for Female Klingons at all

Clearly Cryptic belive Girls serve no roll in STO.

Sexist *******s
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm noticing a trend

no ToS female uniform
    No DS9 Female Uniform
    No MU Female Uniform

Clearly Cryptic belive Girls serve no roll in STO.

Sexist *******s

That does indeed seem to be the trend.

Also, no gloves for females (wtf on that, too, since that should be easy...).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm pretty sure I've seen player females wearing it. The original one that's an inverted TNG uniform (and you can invert it back)? Or is there another one that doesn't work for them?

I don't know about problems with female DS9 uniforms, since I don't have access to it, but you may hav seeen people wearing the TNG Movie uniform with a DS9 colour scheme. From a distance the texture on the shoulders isn't clear and one can easily overlook the bands on the cuff, especially when they are grey instead of a department colour.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guardsmen wrote:
    I don't know about problems with female DS9 uniforms, since I don't have access to it, but you may hav seeen people wearing the TNG Movie uniform with a DS9 colour scheme. From a distance the texture on the shoulders isn't clear and one can easily overlook the bands on the cuff, especially when they are grey instead of a department colour.

you know guardsman ever time i see your avvy it feels like Cryptic just kicked me in the nuts, i don't even Have a CO lifetime and the shre gaul they would give the costume to a NPC and STILL not give it to players is insulting.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guardsmen wrote:

No, definitely the TNG/original DS9 uniform. Closed up to the collar, smooth material, triangular instead of straight seam near the waist. That's what I was under the impression the CE "DS9" uniform was, unless they also included the later season version (which I haven't noticed on a male or female character, myself).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    There are two uniform sets that come with that, the TNG series and DS9 Uniforms.
    http://files.startrekonline.com.s3.amazonaws.com/img/retailers/sto_ce_uniforms_011910_01.jpg

The second one is the one that does not show up on females.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Guardsmen wrote:

DS9 Uniforms work fine for females. But like the other "sets" it's really only a top. You use TNG pants with it which works however you can tell your top and pants have different fabric textures. (The fabric on TNG pants match the TNG Series shirt.)

The only real nitpick is that you can only use the TNG Series combadge with it. You cannot use the Voyager combadge that they introduced in later DS9 seasons.

DS9 - full
    DS9 - top

You can also tell they did not create the DS9 top from scratch. They simply modified the TNG Movie top and renamed it.

TNG Movie Top
    TNG Top w/ DS9 color scheme 1
    TNG Top w/ DS9 color scheme 2

A few shortcuts were taken but overall they did a good job with TNG and DS9 uniforms.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    At all?

When did the Ferengi take over the Klingon Empire?

:D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I think the commbadges are just buggy.

On my main crew, the males can use the TNG Movie commbadge, but the females can't, while wearing the TNG TV and DS9 uniform.

On my new officer, no one can access the TNG movie badge except when wearing the TNG movie uniform top.

But I saw a male human player in spacedock, wearing the TNG TV top.. with the TV Movie badge.

So the combinations are just buggy.

I think both TNG badges should just be available for all TNG and DS9 versions. I wouldnt even complain if it was available on all uniforms.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DS9 Uniforms work fine for females. But like the other "sets" it's really only a top. You use TNG pants with it which works however you can tell your top and pants have different fabric textures. (The fabric on TNG pants match the TNG Series shirt.)

The only real nitpick is that you can only use the TNG Series combadge with it. You cannot use the Voyager combadge that they introduced in later DS9 seasons.

DS9 - full
    DS9 - top

You can also tell they did not create the DS9 top from scratch. They simply modified the TNG Movie top and renamed it.

TNG Movie Top
    TNG Top w/ DS9 color scheme 1
    TNG Top w/ DS9 color scheme 2

A few shortcuts were taken but overall they did a good job with TNG and DS9 uniforms.

I have DS9 uniform for males only, no female variant. I'm starting to think that this comes down to what version of the game one has. In my case, the Gold Edition that came with "exclusive deep space nine uniform set".
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That could be whats causing it, but if it is, its still almost surely a bug with the way that set is configured.

Everyone missing uniform options should probably file a bug.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I submitted a ticket 4 days ago.... have yet to recieve any response on it whatsoever.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Wyndgarde wrote:
    I have DS9 uniform for males only, no female variant. I'm starting to think that this comes down to what version of the game one has. In my case, the Gold Edition that came with "exclusive deep space nine uniform set".

Yeah after I posted I saw Alexraptor was from Sweden. Looks like a bug in non-US editions. Somehow this does not surprise me. It's a real shame.

I have Klingon female, Orion female, etc working on mine. You have no option to make a Klingon female??
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    MOUT wrote: »
    At all?

When did the Ferengi take over the Klingon Empire?

:D

what i mean is female Klingon have /1/ outfit. no variations. exactly /1/ set of clothes.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    what i mean is female Klingon have /1/ outfit. no variations. exactly /1/ set of clothes.

Ahh yeah I agree with you there. As it stands now the female klingon npc's look much better than anything players can create. And if I was an Orion slave girl I wouldn't want to be caught dead in that hideous uniform they gave them.

My guess is that they are saving the good stuff for the C-Store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ahh yeah I agree with you there. As it stands now the female klingon npc's look much better than anything players can create. And if I was an Orion slave girl I wouldn't want to be caught dead in that hideous uniform they gave them.

My guess is that they are saving the good stuff for the C-Store.

add a '(quatation mark) to your Klingon, only 20 C-points (per character)
  • Options
    edited February 2010

Yeah, I know. The straight line was just too good to pass up.
This discussion has been closed.