Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    any way i can buy it from the c store?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Just do a google search for "The Wrath of Khan uniform Star Trek Online" and you should be able to find something..... something like a code ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    thanks i appreciate the help
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So, it's a a month later, people on the inital time are comming down to the final days to decide stay/go and pass/fail. And where are we at on this?

I'll check the boards from time to time, but if the current BS stance on the Mirror Universe uniforms continues to stand, I'll be in no rush to fork over more money.

The assets are in the game. We've seen them. You handed half of them out to the TOS uniform folks by mistake.

Fix it.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    NikeOnline wrote: »
    So, it's a a month later, people on the inital time are comming down to the final days to decide stay/go and pass/fail. And where are we at on this?

I'll check the boards from time to time, but if the current BS stance on the Mirror Universe uniforms continues to stand, I'll be in no rush to fork over more money.

The assets are in the game. We've seen them. You handed half of them out to the TOS uniform folks by mistake.

Fix it.

They're already fixing it. The problem is that they only have one character artist, and they have to create bare-skin textures for the various skin patterns, so it's going to take some time. You know how, with Trills, the spots go down the legs? They have to make those textures for the legs and midriff on all the non-plain skin types.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    magitek wrote: »
    They're already fixing it. The problem is that they only have one character artist, and they have to create bare-skin textures for the various skin patterns, so it's going to take some time. You know how, with Trills, the spots go down the legs? They have to make those textures for the legs and midriff on all the non-plain skin types.

And the only person at Cryptic I have any sympathy for in relation to this is that lone artist. The management chose to promise something for launch without the resources to deliver.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To date none of my female BO have access to the mirror universe uniform.

This was suppose to be done back in 9/2009 now it is 3/2010
  • Options
    edited March 2010

How was it suppose to be "done" 6 months ago?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Geekboy wrote: »
    How was it suppose to be "done" 6 months ago?

lolpok.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    lolpok.jpg

That's one month ago, not six. *shrugs*
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    To date none of my female BO have access to the mirror universe uniform.

In fairness, they were supposed to be done by 2/2/2010. Amusing how clearly the adverts state they'd be available at release, no disclaimer or anything. So the full package of goods we purchased with the CO lifetime hasn't been delivered, past the promised date... why that's grounds for a refund!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    magitek wrote: »
    They're already fixing it.

They are already LATE. They are already handing out those assets to someone who bought something else (including trill spots on the legs- already done, already seen on other players, already stated "why the hell don't I have access to them?"). They are already hiding behind "we gave you a coat, what more could you want?"

What they aren't already doing is delivering on one of the most expensive premium options in the game. I am NOT handing them another $15 in the hopes they'll get around to it in their own time and on my dime.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    They are already LATE. They are already handing out those assets to someone who bought something else (including trill spots on the legs- already done, already seen on other players, already stated "why the hell don't I have access to them?").
    That's the most rediculous thing. If they would have watched one Episode of TOS, they could have kown that they don't have to do bare legs for the TOS uniform. No Trill spots, no problems with Borg textures - I guess they could have been released much earlier.

Instead they created something out of their mind which had little in common with what we see in the shows. And instead of creating TOS boots for the TOS uniform, they delivered them with the MU boots. Lots of work done for something I couldn't care less for.

On the other hand, they could at least give the people who should get the MU uniforms the skirt and the boots from their so called TOS uniform. Just to give them something. It shouldn't be a huge effort to just add the ability to use the skirt to the MU accounts.

On the other hand I think it's best to wait with the MU top until it is done right. I would have preferred to wait a few weeks longer and get a decent TOS uniform than getting this *thing*.

Again, it's sad that you can't trade preorder items. I don't really want the "TOS" skirts as they are, and I would love to trade them to your account. Unfortunately, I can't and so we both have to live with it :P
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I keep asking for the DS9 outfits to be allowed to use the TNG film combadge. Can we please get this added!

This allows me to have a complete "Voyager" outfit. They used the DS9 outfits, but their combadge is from the TNG Film. Please add this!!!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    hi im confused with these uniform issues, i asked somebody in the game yesterday how he got the uniform from the star trek movies he said there was a code on the forum is this true if so what is it and how where do u enter this in the game?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I made rear admiral, but I can't get a uniform like the NPC admirals have?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Because they dont exist for players.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Because they dont exist for players.

Codemaster stated that they can't give the same uniforms to players as to NPCs because they can't limit the movement of PCs like they can do it for NPCs.

One reason I bought this game because I was totally fascinated by CoX amount of character customization and several times it was stated that STO as a Cryptic game would also have great character customization.

While they hit the mark with the alien generator, they - at least in my view - totally failed with uniform customization.

Basically you get a collection of rubber suits and the pre order bonus uniforms are either still not available (MU female uniforms), where delayed or they delivered something totally unrelated to the original (TOS female uniforms...)

Since there hasn't been one official word about if they will fix the TOS uniforms or not, I doubt that they are really interested in keeping this "awesome character customization" promise up - and honestly I don't have much faith in what they will do with the MU uniforms.

Interestingly I now understand the people who voted for no uniform options at all. At the moment I would prefer Cryptic to remove all these would be uniform options since it would make the game much more appealing to me :P
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    not missing more a request

Heeled boots
    More Skirt options
    More long hair options

Please :)

I am still missing tho my female MU outfits but think they are being worked on so maybe get them some time

:)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    AeonJean wrote:
    That's one month ago, not six. *shrugs*

I love your avatar! She's so sexy.

And at least they are fixing some of the preorder stuff, not sure all that was missing. What didn't get addressed?
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I love your avatar! She's so sexy.

And at least they are fixing some of the preorder stuff, not sure all that was missing. What didn't get addressed?

dstahl made passing mention in the engineering reports (around page 30) that they are at least aware of the shortfall and I guess looking in to it.

*sigh* Its a start, I guess.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    dstahl made passing mention in the engineering reports (around page 30) that they are at least aware of the shortfall and I guess looking in to it.

*sigh* Its a start, I guess.

Well they are at least working on things, so yes a start. They need more donuts and energy drinks at their studios I guess.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Side point:
    No i do not have a lifetime champions, but i don't plan to let up on the MU presure, so please keep me informed guys anytime MU changes, and send me pics! I'm here for you!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I posted this elsewhere, but this thread seems like a logical place to add this link;

TOS Female Uniforms - what they SHOULD look like in STO
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Darkjedi wrote: »
    I posted this elsewhere, but this thread seems like a logical place to add this link;

That is a good picture.
  • Options
    edited March 2010

archived...
  • Options
    edited March 2010

You're captain is hot! Nice work. Really agree on the TOS uniforms. The ones for women now are just awful!
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Haruen wrote:
    You're captain is hot! Nice work. Really agree on the TOS uniforms. The ones for women now are just awful!

yeah my Ferengi BO isn't a big fan either, he's willing to pay for a private tailor to outfit my crew with better uniforms....
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    I haven't plowed through this eighty some odd page thread, but I'd like to see a comm badge that I use for my avatar added. (and possibly the uniform that goes with it)

If it's been mentioned before, I apologize and add my vote to it. It would be in the correct time period, after all.
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Altoholic wrote: »
    I haven't plowed through this eighty some odd page thread, but I'd like to see a comm badge that I use for my avatar added. (and possibly the uniform that goes with it).
    I guess it has been mentioned several bazillion times. IMO it shouldn't be too difficult to allow most of the com badges on most of the uniforms, but I have no idea how their engine works, so maybe it's not as I think it is.

But there are some hints that they can do a lot of stuff with the character customization. Main problem is probably to make sure all the combinations work correctly...

well after I think about it making sure that it works with all the numerous body customization options could be a true nightmare...
This discussion has been closed.