Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    add a '(quatation mark) to your Klingon, only 20 C-points (per character)

LOL That's not too far off from having to pay for the Toast Bloodwine emote. Make sure you stay away from Cryptic marketing... they don't need any more bright ideas! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    LOL That's not too far off from having to pay for the Toast Bloodwine emote. Make sure you stay away from Cryptic marketing... they don't need any more bright ideas! :rolleyes:

/em khan

• Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm noticing a trend

no ToS female uniform
    No DS9 Female Uniform
    No MU Female Uniform
    No uniforms for Female Klingons at all

Clearly Cryptic belive Girls serve no roll in STO.

Sexist *******s

Well, when I think about it, the Klingons are the first fraction in an MMO I have ever seen where men have more clothing options than women. Usually it's the other way round (not just in MMOs but evereywhere...). So basically, Cryptic is going against the cultural mainstream here, which is definitely in the spirit of Trek.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for more costume options, but I must admit that they did something out of the box here which helped me to think about my POV regarding these issues.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Thought I'd update to say that I still don't have the female TOS uniform or the steam digital download special armor on any of my characters. :(
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well, when I think about it, the Klingons are the first fraction in an MMO I have ever seen where men have more clothing options than women. Usually it's the other way round (not just in MMOs but evereywhere...). So basically, Cryptic is going against the cultural mainstream here, which is definitely in the spirit of Trek.

Don't get me wrong, I am all for more costume options, but I must admit that they did something out of the box here which helped me to think about my POV regarding these issues.

o_0 (we need a Spock raised eyebrow smiley!!)

Well, that's one perspective, but changing the configuration of the inequality still leaves inequality. Besides, the uniform options the Klingon females do get would not be worn by any sensible warrior in battle, nor do they match what Klingon females have been shown to wear in Trek when combat-ready. I don't think they'd even qualify as Klingon eveningwear.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Klingon eveningwear.

STOP IT! You're giving me nightmares!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Still no update? *sigh*
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    OK, some of us bought the Collector's Edition so we get DS9, TNG, and TNG Movie uniforms. Others bought the DDE so they get the TOS and WoK uniforms. Now is there a way for us to buy the uniform sets that we are missing? Because under this scheme, there is no way that any one of us can have the entire Star Trek wardrobe in one bridge full of officers and that's a shame.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Trulahn wrote: »
    OK, some of us bought the Collector's Edition so we get DS9, TNG, and TNG Movie uniforms. Others bought the DDE so they get the TOS and WoK uniforms. Now is there a way for us to buy the uniform sets that we are missing? Because under this scheme, there is no way that any one of us can have the entire Star Trek wardrobe in one bridge full of officers and that's a shame.

DDE got ToS? Where's mine all i see is a **** skirt and a Spock shirt.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    DDE got ToS? Where's mine all i see is a **** skirt and a Spock shirt.

Well at least we got the TOS shirt for males, and we got a miniskirt.

It's not what I expected when they said that the TOS uniform includes miniskirts, but by the letter we got a set which includes a TOS uniform and a miniskirt...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I would like to see the TNG movie commbadge available with the DS9/Voyager uniform.

I have noticed Cryptic have made the TNG movie commbadge available with the TNG uniform.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Well at least we got the TOS shirt for males, and we got a miniskirt.

It's not what I expected when they said that the TOS uniform includes miniskirts, but by the letter we got a set which includes a TOS uniform and a miniskirt...

That is a very disingenuous argument......
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    That is a very disingenuous argument......

Well, it's better than the Mirror Universe uniforms, which aren't availabe to females at all. And we got an official response that Cryptic says they fulfilled the deal. We don't have heard anything about the TOS uniforms (except that seamless shirt/skirt can't be done) but in Germany we have a saying that no answer is also an answer...

The lesson I learned was to better look at the exact wording of an advertisement and to never again buy something I haven't seen before ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yep, a real shame about Mirror uniforms. Do you realize that on the very same lifetime offer, CO received two complete "sets" of costumes for both males and females. Tops & Bottoms & Accessories were made. But Nooo.... the STO costume has to be short changed. Thanks for hooking me in then disappointing me...

Lesson learned also. I will no longer buy costumes from Cryptic unless I see they are a complete set. Not just a male top. :(

Actually I don't think I will buy any more period... they can make IP accurate ship avatars but they obviously don't care about character cosmetics. They only care about cutting corners here so they can maximize profits.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm waiting for the TOS uniform, but is possible use skirts with normal uniforms or only with TOS and DS9. I asked this, becausa i've seen some female characters with skirts inside the game. Is this possible?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm waiting for the TOS uniform, but is possible use skirts with normal uniforms or only with TOS and DS9. I asked this, becausa i've seen some female characters with skirts inside the game. Is this possible?

Yes, it appears they designed the miniskirt so it could be paired with any uniform top. It actually looks great with any top except the TOS shirt LOL.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can't see any option in the costumed lower uniform for wear skirt or miniskirt, or displaying any special option. It's possible that I have a bugged acount?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I can't see any option in the costumed lower uniform for wear skirt or miniskirt, or displaying any special option. It's possible that I have a bugged acount?

Did you purchase a Digital Deluxe Edition version of the game? Normal/CE/Gold/whatever else doesn't get the TOS uniforms, including no skirts.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/3462/stouni.png

I'm waiting for news on expanding the options for Klingon chargen at the moment, especially female. Hell, I'd be happy if they'd just toggle the DDE skirt for it right now.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    since i have 60 days of free time Cryptic has helped make my decision. I'm not subbing to this game. Thanks for making that decision Craptic
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Did you purchase a Digital Deluxe Edition version of the game? Normal/CE/Gold/whatever else doesn't get the TOS uniforms, including no skirts.

Yes I have purchased the Digital Deluxe Game from GameStop, I have the Constitution ship, but i don't have anymore about this digital edition.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    since i have 60 days of free time Cryptic has helped make my decision. I'm not subbing to this game. Thanks for making that decision Craptic

I will give them to the end of 60 days. If the TOS uniforms are not fixed by then I will probably not resub.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I will give them to the end of 60 days. If the TOS uniforms are not fixed by then I will probably not resub.

same here, i'll ride my freetime but this is my last Craptic mmo.

Fool me once shame on you
    fool me twice, shame on me
    fool me thrice, ain't gonna happen buddy
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So anyone bought BOTH CE and DDE and get both sets of uniforms under one account? Does that work? Besides the rediculous costs involved.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    So anyone bought BOTH CE and DDE and get both sets of uniforms under one account? Does that work? Besides the rediculous costs involved.

It would work.
  • Options
    edited February 2010

It does, and it's how I put together the uniforms in the pic I linked to last post. You also get the other various options (emotes, joined trill, red matter capacitor, etc).
  • Options
    edited February 2010

You can also use them with the basic STO uniforms, though since there's no leathery/shiny option for the skirt it doesn't necessarily mesh as well. The look mostly works though.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Yes I have purchased the Digital Deluxe Game from GameStop, I have the Constitution ship, but i don't have anymore about this digital edition.

You should definitely put a ticket in, then, as it sounds like your account is indeed bugged.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    It does, and it's how I put together the uniforms in the pic I linked to last post. You also get the other various options (emotes, joined trill, red matter capacitor, etc).

just to be silly

Can you make a Liberated Joined Trill Borg?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    just to be silly

Can you make a Liberated Joined Trill Borg?

Nope... all Liberated Borg are humans. Duh... at least open up the alien creator to us. Also there's no small ocular implant available as seen on the Amazon Borg BO. Only huge ones. Plenty have asked Cryptic for smaller borg implants and catsuits so we can make 7 of 9 like characters.

Liberated Borg concerns are being ignored like any other costume bonus issue. Another example of their appreciation for lifetime customers. "You want something different?? Too bad that's all you get".
This discussion has been closed.