Install Arc
Options

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    John_Hardy wrote: »
    not sure if this counts... but I don't have an option to have more than 1 uniform... everyone else I've talked to does... I'm a CAPTAIN now... everyone else says they got their FIRST extra slot at Commander... any help with this?

I got 1 extra at Commander and then another one when my Fleet picked one.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I believe part of the issue was the frakin huge Miniskirts Thread...

...some failure in understanding that star trek fans want the exact uniforms they have been watching on TV for years...
    Hm, makes a lot of sense to me. Guess you're right.

Hopefully this lesson has been learned and any future uniforms will be canon with all the details seen in the shows.
    For some wierd reason one part of me still hopes they will make the current skirt available to everybody and make a "real" TOS uniform for the females.

I don't know why I am so stupid ;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    This is just not acceptable Cryptic.

Yet another update, and NO fix or even an acknowladgement of the DS9 female uniform bug!!!!
    :mad:
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »

Yet another update, and NO fix or even an acknowladgement of the DS9 female uniform bug!!!!

or ToS skirt
    or MU Female uni
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    MU Female uni
    At least they said they're working on that one.

IMO it's better they take their time and get it right rather than handing out TOS skirt fail reloaded...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I got 1 extra at Commander and then another one when my Fleet picked one.

You have three costume slots on a character now? Strange, I didn't notice a new costume slot when I reached commander.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mirai wrote: »
    You have three costume slots on a character now? Strange, I didn't notice a new costume slot when I reached commander.

You get one extra for joining a fleet and lifetime subs got an extra slot as well.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Mirai wrote: »

Yeah, I have two captains which are in Fleets and only 2 uniform slots. "Fleet Uniforms" just provide a dropdown menu uniform template in the customization screen.

Why we can't have a similar functionality for our NPC crews is beyond me...
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    sovereign wrote: »
    You get one extra for joining a fleet and lifetime subs got an extra slot as well.

Lifetime subs (I am one) got two extra character slots. As far as I know, we didn't get another costume slot. I could be wrong about that, but so far I haven't seen it.

Edit: I just checked. No, I'm not being given an option for a second costume slot. I'll check again next level when I make captain, but I'm not expecting anything.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I am an Rear Admiral lifetimer, in a fleet, and i only have two costume slots.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    wrote:

I think it is very clear that non game-breaking art-related issues (like extra uniform artwork) are going to be handled at the 45-day and 90-day patch levels, rather than the technical bug fixes which Cryptic has been pushing out very swiftly and responsively.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Kaelon wrote: »
    I think it is very clear that non game-breaking art-related issues (like extra uniform artwork) are going to be handled at the 45-day and 90-day patch levels, rather than the technical bug fixes which Cryptic has been pushing out very swiftly and responsively.

Not game-breaking, no, but these are features that were advertised as specific things that would be in at launch. Every patch that goes by without their full and proper implementation is keeping that promise broken longer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Not game-breaking, no, but these are features that were advertised as specific things that would be in at launch. Every patch that goes by without their full and proper implementation is keeping that promise broken longer.

Exactly.
    Not to sound arrogant or snotty, but i PAID for these extras.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Alexraptor wrote: »
    Exactly.
    Not to sound arrogant or snotty, but i PAID for these extras.

yes but Really what does paying for something have to do with it! don't worry we'll get it when the devs are bored enough to care
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    yes but Really what does paying for something have to do with it! don't worry we'll get it when the devs are bored enough to care

This level of whining should be a banable offense. Go outside or something.

There are these things called priorities, and this one is and should be a low one. Also remember that when someone says ASAP, they mean as soon as possible. You might not like what "as possible" means, but it isn't really up for debate. By definition, it is the soonest a task can be accomplished.

I deal with people like you all the time at work. People who want something done instantly who just won't listen when you explain that something they want to happen in 15 minutes takes 24 hours, no matter who you cry and whine to about it. Some things take x amount of time no matter how badly you want them to take y amount of time. We've been promised that the MU uniforms will be enabled ASAP and there's even a promise to work on the skirts. You've gotten what you want, just not in a timeline that your impatient inner children can handle.

In the real world, things take time. In the real world, there are limited resources that must be spent in the most efficient way possible. In the real world, sometimes you don't "get what you paid for" in a manner that you are satisfied with.

If you really feel as strongly about it as you seem to indicate, then you should all cancel your accounts with the skirts and MU uniforms being your main reason why. You see, most people who are canceling their accounts right now are doing it because they're not satisfied with the amount of content or the leveling curve or a hundred different reasons that effect a wider range of players than this one does. Until they see that a significant number of people are quitting because they want their paper dolls, then it simply isn't (and shouldn't be) a priority.

So by all means, prove that you're a huge number of players who just won't stand for this and quit. If the number one reason people are canceling their accounts is that they don't have the uniforms that they "paid" for (since the MU uniform came with a Champions Online lifetime account, which is what you were actually paying for), then it will become priority number one and you'll be notified when they have it fixed because they'll be begging you to come back.

You want power in this situation? The only power you have is to take away the money they want from you. That is literally all the power you have. Railing on the forums when they know how few of you there are thanks to internal subscriber numbers is just impotent sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Put up or shut up.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Does your workplace make a habit of selling things months in advance and not delivering?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Does your workplace make a habit of selling things months in advance and not delivering?

clearly he must, after all that is what he is defending. I wonder what his company is so i can AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE
  • Options
    edited February 2010

No, and neither did Cryptic. All of the items mentioned in this thread were additional elements in a copy of either this or another game. You got what you paid for, technically. If you have a CO lifetime sub, then you got your lifetime sub. If you bought the DDE, then you got every single thing that page listed, just not to a level of detail you're happy with.

Is this where you start claiming they have had 70 years to deliver this even though even by the strictest standards they're less than a month past any reasonable due date?
    clearly he must, after all that is what he is defending. I wonder what his company is so i can AVOID IT LIKE THE PLAGUE

Hope you don't like using copper phone lines or cellular signals since we provide the backbone for the majority of it in the United States.
    THAT explains why we are /17/ in the world for broadband penetration.

Now it all makes sense.

You're off topic, so I won't add another post to point out all the reasons you're wrong about this. There are a million reasons this is the case and most of them have to do with the government being run by people who don't understand technology. Don't get me wrong, I hate the company I work for more than an outsider ever could (I mean, really, you have no idea), but place blame where blame is due.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Geekboy wrote: »
    No, and neither did Cryptic. All of the items mentioned in this thread were additional elements in a copy of either this or another game. You got what you paid for, technically. If you have a CO lifetime sub, then you got your lifetime sub. If you bought the DDE, then you got every single thing that page listed, just not to a level of detail you're happy with.

Is this where you start claiming they have had 70 years to deliver this even though even by the strictest standards they're less than a month past any reasonable due date?

Hope you don't like using copper phone lines or cellular signals since we provide the backbone for the majority of it in the United States.

THAT explains why we are /17/ in the world for broadband penetration.

Now it all makes sense.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay, I still don't have skirts available. Is this like a gradual rollout, or am I just bugged?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Okay, I still don't have skirts available. Is this like a gradual rollout, or am I just bugged?

If you bought the DDE, then yes, you're bugged. Everyone who bought the DDE should have them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    If you bought the DDE, then yes, you're bugged. Everyone who bought the DDE should have them.

Ah. I didn't. I got the Collectors' Edition from a B&M. Oh well, no skirts for me, then?
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Ah. I didn't. I got the Collectors' Edition from a B&M. Oh well, no skirts for me, then?

Nope, though I'd be shocked if skirts weren't one of the first things to show up in the C-store.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Geekboy wrote: »
    No, and neither did Cryptic. All of the items mentioned in this thread were additional elements in a copy of either this or another game. You got what you paid for, technically.

Technically, no. If something is advertised as including something else, those things are tied together in a package and paid for together. If you buy a game console, and the box says "includes demo disk!", and there's no demo disk, then you didn't get everything you paid for. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand. Just because it's only a small part of an offer does not make it not part of that offer.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    magitek wrote: »
    Technically, no. If something is advertised as including something else, those things are tied together in a package and paid for together. If you buy a game console, and the box says "includes demo disk!", and there's no demo disk, then you didn't get everything you paid for. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand. Just because it's only a small part of an offer does not make it not part of that offer.

don't try with Geekboy he is perfectly fine not giving his costomers a product a month late. And since he works in telecom that explains why America is 17 in the world for broadband penetration.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    don't try with Geekboy he is perfectly fine not giving his costomers a product a month late. And since he works in telecom that explains why America is 17 in the world for broadband penetration.

To be fair, I'm only slightly annoyed that the uniforms are coming late. The notion that CO lifers didn't pay for them, on the other hand, is absurd. If a purchase is necessary to gain something, that something is paid for.

It's why so many sweepstakes/contests in the USA are "no purchase necessary", because making a purchase necessary equates to paying for the contest entry (and thus is gambling).
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I'm sure it's been addressed, but I felt I should say a word, just in case. If it's been heard then accept my apologies and disregard this post.

I bought the Collector's Edition of STO and received some great Next Gen Uniforms, but to be honest, I rather like the TOS uniforms and was previously unaware of the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game. I've heard it said that I can purchase a copy of the DD Edition and input the code, but I'd rather not purchase an other copy of the game just to do so.

Question: Will the Uniforms (i.e. TOS, DS9, NGEN) be available in the C-Store eventually for purchase?

I do not mind buying Cryptic points to obtain the bonus uniforms, but paying for another copy of the game (no matter it's awesomeness) seems a bit much to me. If I can get a response of some kind, or at least a link to where this issue has been answered before, that would be great.

Thank you for your time and for the Great Game!

G. Deeds (Veediotgamer)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    magitek wrote: »

I say this because you paid the money for the CO lifetime sub, not the extra goodies. I'll even go so far as to bet 10 spacebux that if you read the fine print, the goodies are subject to change (I didn't buy it, so I don't know that for sure). This is why it is so hilarious to me that internet lawyers are threatening legal action over these costumes. There is no possible way that Cryptic would have painted themselves into some legal corner over paper doll costumes.

I want you to get what you were promised, but very few of the posters here seem to understand the reality of the situation.

And veediotgamer, I'm sure they'll show up in the c-store eventually, but it will probably be a while before that happens. I'd be surprised if they're available within the next six months and think it's more likely that we'll see them after a year or so. They'll want to let us spend our hard earned cash for them, but they'll also want those of us who pre-ordered to get to feel special for a good long while.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Question: Will the Uniforms (i.e. TOS, DS9, NGEN) be available in the C-Store eventually for purchase?

The particular DS9 and TNG uniforms that came with the Collector's Edition should never appear in the C-store because they were advertised as "exclusive access" to those uniforms. The TNG uniforms that everyone gets is from the movies.

The TOS and MU uniforms were not advertised as exclusive so they may appear in the C-store someday.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    so what do i have to do to get the wrath of khan uniforms as they were my fav? personnally im not a fan of the choices i have now any help would be great
This discussion has been closed.