test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Ah ok so you were intending to state dissatisfaction since they are not "cannon"
    A low cut top would be nice - but I can live with the top that matches the guys just fine. If you don't want to use the thigh boots - the "soft boots" do look pretty much correct for the gogo boots from TOS (except flat not heels)

I personally love the new options (I'm a mix and match kind of girl) and choose to be happy now :D

The skirt also looks really cute with the WoK top - and does double duty then since Uhura did wear a short skirt with her wok top that matched the guys wok top.

Now if I'd only ever even heard of COL and gotten so involved to as have a lifetime - then I would have those mirror universe ones ... rats! LOL

your not missing anything, MU is currently exclusinvly a male top acorind to Customer Service and nothing more.

I mean give them some slack it's not like they were advertising MU all that long it's pretty new :P
    edited February 2010
    Ah ok so you were intending to state dissatisfaction since they are not "cannon"

I purchased the DDE preorder to get a skirt option. It doesn't really need to be canon. I'm a little disappointed that the female uniform we got was misrepresented as a TOS uniform, but I can certainly use the skirt.
    edited February 2010
    Since this is the "official" (or at least stickied) missing costume piece thread, still waiting for the female Mirror Universe outfit.

You know, the one Stormshade said "Skirts missing for TOS and Mirror Universe Sets
    This is a known issue. These will be remedied in game soon.".

Not the one that some other dev stated "*Currently the Mirror Universe top is exclusively for males. If you would like that changed please start a suggestions thread on the forums in the proper channels. Our dev team checks regularly for suggestions."
    edited February 2010
    AeonJean wrote:
    No female MU set yet. At least the skirts are in.

They are? My girlfriend saw someone wearing a skirt and tried to find hers, she can't. Anybody know why? Yes she has the DDE.
    edited February 2010
    can you guys put skirts on your Boffs yet?
    edited February 2010
    Vox_Doom wrote: »
    They are? My girlfriend saw someone wearing a skirt and tried to find hers, she can't. Anybody know why? Yes she has the DDE.

Same problem. I can select skirts when creating new characters, but have no options to select them for pre-existing ones.
    edited February 2010
    bansama wrote:
    Same problem. I can select skirts when creating new characters, but have no options to select them for pre-existing ones.

Odd cause both my characters are pre-existing (one since early start other a few days later) and the skirt options showed up fine for them and all my female boff too.
    edited February 2010
    Odd cause both my characters are pre-existing (one since early start other a few days later) and the skirt options showed up fine for them and all my female boff too.

Well, I can assure you, the options simply don't exist for me for my pre-existing characters. But then, I also had problems getting my DDE unlocks in the first place. I wonder if the 2 problems are connected.

UPDATE:

The problem has solved itself after logging out and in several times. Perhaps the problem is due to latency or something. So anyone affected by it might want to try either logging out/in or changing instances.
    edited February 2010
    bansama wrote:
    Well, I can assure you, the options simply don't exist for me for my pre-existing characters. But then, I also had problems getting my DDE unlocks in the first place. I wonder if the 2 problems are connected.

UPDATE:

The problem has solved itself after logging out and in several times. Perhaps the problem is due to latency or something. So anyone affected by it might want to try either logging out/in or changing instances.

Great to know!
    edited February 2010
    thasaint wrote: »
    can you guys put skirts on your Boffs yet?

Yes, I've been putting skirts on some of them.
    edited February 2010
    I have two problems still with the TOS Uniform Set.

1.) The female TOS costume has no loose collar.

2.) The TOS Science badge is not silver... (not a big deal.)

I also have to say thank you Cryptic for fixing the skirt problem.
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    your not missing anything, MU is currently exclusinvly a male top acorind to Customer Service and nothing more.

I mean give them some slack it's not like they were advertising MU all that long it's pretty new :P

Umm they advertised MU uniforms since they offered the CO lifetime sub. And now saying that male top is it is quite an insolence.

And the before posted statement of a dev just tops that:
    "*Currently the Mirror Universe top is exclusively for males. If you would like that changed please start a suggestions thread on the forums in the proper channels. Our dev team checks regularly for suggestions."

They nowhere said that the MU uniforms they promised consist of just a male top. And it's another insolence to assume that people really thought there would be just a male top when they talked about those uniforms.
    edited February 2010
    Here is the link to what was advertised with the CO Lifetime option btw:
    http://www.champions-online.com/node/172998
    Unique Mirror Universe outfit for Star Trek Online, available at the game’s release
    edited February 2010
    Mihoshi wrote: »
    Here is the link to what was advertised with the CO Lifetime option btw:
    http://www.champions-online.com/node/172998

yes i know, i was taking a dig at Cryptic, rember it took them 11 days to give us ToS skirts, so maybe you will get the MU stuff by march?
    edited February 2010
    Yeah well gloves for females haven't been available since the beginning of beta and we're still waiting!
    edited February 2010
    MU should be for females too. When someone starts a suggestion thread please link it and I will join in. Having half my bridge crew in MU is rather, well rubbish tbh, in fact I have had to switch to Wrath of Khan uniform instead.

March will do. Though I would prefer it to be yesterday obviously. However I realise that it is a LOW LOW priority as actually this is an item that they are going to get no income for whatsoever and it is for a relatively few CO lifetime subscribers whose cash they already have.
    edited February 2010
    As far as i'm concerned, they can either put the female MU costume in, as they originally promised, or reimburse me for a portion of the cost of the CO lifetime sub.

Of course, that's going off of the assumption that that GM actually knew what he was talking about. When I sent in a ticket about the MU uniforms not being available I got a response saying that it was a "billing issue", and that I should take it up with them. So I doubt whoever is working at that particular level of the company even really knows what's going on.

Either way, having such a skimpy selection of costume parts for the MU, where an entire gender doesn't even have clothing options, and the other gender only appears to have half of their purchased options is absolutely unacceptable if that's what they're keeping it at.

To say that that would be misleading advertising would be a massive understatement given how it was advertised back when the subs were being sold.

At this point though the best thing to do would be to keep pushing the issue until someone who can definitively say whether they're working as intended or not shows up to clarify on what's going on.
    edited February 2010
    Mirror Universe "outfit". Since when is one male top considered an outfit? Hopefully they will expand upon this issue some time in the future. At least they are addressing many concernce that have been voiced.
    edited February 2010
    The skirt that they have added works fairly well for a generic skirt, and if it had a stripe down the side it would be perfect for the WoK skirts that are also missing. But it isn't the TOS miniskirt.

The correct TOS uniform dress would be so mini- that they would be only a little longer than the existing tops. The women wore matching shorts/hotpants beneath the dress, which any viewer will have seen frequently. The Admirals in the game wear a long uniform top, though those might be special models.

For the benefit of the devs, here is how to arrange the top and bottom for the TOS skirt.

How to design the TOS skirts

Make the shorts only available with the TOS dress if you don't want people running around in the shorts with any other top.
    edited February 2010
    Guardsmen wrote:
    The skirt that they have added works fairly well for a generic skirt, and if it had a stripe down the side it would be perfect for the WoK skirts that are also missing. But it isn't the TOS miniskirt.

The correct TOS uniform dress would be so mini- that they would be only a little longer than the existing tops. The women wore matching shorts/hotpants beneath the dress, which any viewer will have seen frequently. The Admirals in the game wear a long uniform top, though those might be special models.

For the benefit of the devs, here is how to arrange the top and bottom for the TOS skirt.

How to design the TOS skirts

Make the shorts only available with the TOS dress if you don't want people running around in the shorts with any other top.

BRAVO!!!

this is excellent my friend.

but your effort will go un-noticed i bet :(
    edited February 2010
    Not the one that some other dev stated "*Currently the Mirror Universe top is exclusively for males. If you would like that changed please start a suggestions thread on the forums in the proper channels. Our dev team checks regularly for suggestions."

When my quarterly disbursements come in, I'm retaining a lawyer to look in to whether or not this is something worthy of a class action. The advertising for the CO Lifetime said "Mirror Universe Uniform" not "Male Mirror Universe Uniform". Consider that the uniform already exists in the game. And we're not going to get it? There is absolutely no way that the advertising could be interpreted as "male only". Therefore this is misleading advertising.

You know what they call it when you advertise one thing and then give someone a produce of lesser value than advertised? Bait and switch.

So yeah, I'm retaining a lawyer just as soon as the quarterly disbursements come in.

It's not just that though. When I put a ticket in that the TOS Female uniform is just a male shirt with a skirt, they said it's "working as intended" meaning that they did not give us the TOS female uniform. They gave us something of lesser value.

Definitely retaining a lawyer. I was willing to wait for months. But the moment they tell me "nope, not gonna fix it, we're stopping it right here" is the moment I stop being patient.

Fix it or face class action, Cryptic.
    edited February 2010
    When my quarterly disbursements come in, I'm retaining a lawyer to look in to whether or not this is something worthy of a class action. The advertising for the CO Lifetime said "Mirror Universe Uniform" not "Male Mirror Universe Uniform". Consider that the uniform already exists in the game. And we're not going to get it? There is absolutely no way that the advertising could be interpreted as "male only". Therefore this is misleading advertising.

You know what they call it when you advertise one thing and then give someone a produce of lesser value than advertised? Bait and switch.

So yeah, I'm retaining a lawyer just as soon as the quarterly disbursements come in.

Even if it does make it to court I'm going to guess Cryptic has a lot more money then you to spend on lawyers then you do.
    edited February 2010
    Cross82 wrote:
    Even if it does make it to court I'm going to guess Cryptic has a lot more money then you to spend on lawyers then you do.

Not judging by the shoestring budget everything else is on...
    edited February 2010
    Cross82 wrote:

Actually, I have enough money. Not going to say how much. Frankly, my financial situation is none of anyone's business. Suffice to say that I have more than enough money to single handedly fund a class action lawsuit.

Also, if the amount of money you have mattered, then no class action would ever work.

If you review all of my previous posts on the matter, I have been very calm and collect. I've even advocated against such action. I'm not throwing idle threats around. I am literally going to be retaining a lawyer come next financial quarter.
    edited February 2010
    Actually, I have enough money. Not going to say how much. Frankly, my financial situation is none of anyone's business. Suffice to say that I have more than enough money to single handedly fund a class action lawsuit.

Also, if the amount of money you have mattered, then no class action would ever work.

If you review all of my previous posts on the matter, I have been very calm and collect. I've even advocated against such action. I'm not throwing idle threats around. I am literally going to be retaining a lawyer come next financial quarter.

You think you're the only one here who has money? Huh get off you're high horse sweetie. I can pick up the phone right now call my lawyer and file a class action right now over not getting my Borg BoF. I'm not going to bc I know Cryptic has a lot more money then i do and all they have to do is draw the trial out and make me waste more money and time. Hell even if i would win it's not worth throwing the money away.
    edited February 2010

At this point, I support this.
    edited February 2010
    At this point, I support this.

I don't think legal action, actual or threatened, would do much more than rile up the people at Cryptic and lead them to dig in their heels, rather than correcting their error. So I will stick with my strategy of whining and nagging and trying to be helpful. :p

=>How to design a TOS skirt

^ See devs? It has almost exactly the same silhouette and proportions as stuff that is already in the game! It isn't rocket science. Make this, and have the hotpants conditional upon selecting the TOS skant so you don't have people running around in shorts, and everyone is happy. Probably. At least on this issue.
    edited February 2010
    Guardsmen wrote:
    =>How to design a TOS skirt

^ See devs? It has almost exactly the same silhouette and proportions as stuff that is already in the game! It isn't rocket science. Make this, and have the hotpants conditional upon selecting the TOS skant so you don't have people running around in shorts, and everyone is happy. Probably. At least on this issue.

Your link for one-piece miniskirts is awesome... that's how it should have been. Designing a skirt bottom instead of an Authentic TOS One-Piece was another demonstration on how Cryptic skimps on details to save themselves money.

They do deserve credit for making the skirt bottoms work with all shirts, however. The current skirts look awesome with any shirt combo... except the TOS shirt.

I think they should redo the Female TOS Uniform to be a one-piece then put the miniskirt bottom in the C-Store for anyone to purchase.
    edited February 2010
    well i booted up STO today since i still got some free time left before it runs out and im glad i canceled what a rip off defenetely not what was advertised. so goodbye star trek offline im off to find a decent game
    edited February 2010
    Cross82 wrote:
    You think you're the only one here who has money? Huh get off you're high horse sweetie. I can pick up the phone right now call my lawyer and file a class action right now over not getting my Borg BoF. I'm not going to bc I know Cryptic has a lot more money then i do and all they have to do is draw the trial out and make me waste more money and time. Hell even if i would win it's not worth throwing the money away.

The only high horse here is yours. Twice you've attacked me for wanting to seek legal reparations over the fact that Cryptic has flat out said that they have no intention of giving us what we paid for.

The class action I intend on filing will cover all things not delivered to the people who paid for them. If you don't want to take part in that, then that's your problem. Not ours. I'm out a total of $1200. I am not an isolated case. If you add together the price of everything that was paid for and not delivered, the total is likely in the millions. If you don't think that millions of dollars is worth fighting for, then you must have a lot more money than I do.
    Guardsmen wrote:
    I don't think legal action, actual or threatened, would do much more than rile up the people at Cryptic and lead them to dig in their heels, rather than correcting their error. So I will stick with my strategy of whining and nagging and trying to be helpful. :p.

At this point, I disagree. Cryptic has already dug in their heels and declared everything "working as intended." Either they are liars and it's not working as they intend, or everything is working as intended and they are thieves. Either way, I am no longer willing to be patient. Reasonable, yes. Patient, no.

Also this is not just about the TOS uniform. It is about the Mirror Universe uniform, WOK uniform, bonuses promised and not delivered. Regardless of the bonus, things that were not delivered or not working as advertised but are "working as intended".
This discussion has been closed.