test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Missing Uniform Options

Comments

• Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Aisling wrote:
    I figured it was a bug of some sort, but I was hoping it wasnt that they had to make the things from scratch or soemthing else.

I think they should put Orion fed characters in the CS as compensation. ^.^

I support that "compensation" even for 80 credits :).
    edited February 2010
    Destinii wrote:
    Looks like the next patch for the skirts/mirror uniform outfit to be in.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showpost.php?p=2038460&postcount=10

Hopefully they'll be fixing the BOFF inability to wear the items too at the same time.

I'll be happy when they fix the current uniform glitches with the bridge officers. With that said, I DEMAND that the next patch give Destinii's avatar the ability to wear a miniskirt. All other considerations are secondary. And not nearly as distracting...
    edited February 2010
    I'm ok now... sort of level headed, lol.

I'm glad they posted this... I really didn't want to do something stupid like quit.... I really like the game :)
    edited February 2010
    Vakster wrote:
    I'll be happy when they fix the current uniform glitches with the bridge officers. With that said, I DEMAND that the next patch give Destinii's avatar the ability to wear a miniskirt. All other considerations are secondary. And not nearly as distracting...

Calm down spaz... (joking), they fixed this, so Ive heard with this patch. As Im waiting for the skirts, I havent tested it out yet.

Edit: It works, they fixed it. Now... for the skirts. Kinda glad they fixed the BO uniform bug first, that way when we get the skirts we can change them all instead of waiting. ^.^
    edited February 2010
    My BOffs can now wear their TOS uniforms (hooray!), but I noticed only the females can use TOS insignias
    edited February 2010
    We need to have the Option to use the TNG Film Combadge with the DS9 outfits.

This is requested because Voyager used the TNG Film badge and the DS9 outfits for their 7 year run.

Can we please have this added!!!
    edited February 2010
    9 days later....fixed? nope
    don't worry, as soon as everyone gets tired of posting here, they will erase it.
    edited February 2010
    9 days later....fixed? nope
    don't worry, as soon as everyone gets tired of posting here, they will erase it.

What is not fixed, you got your uniforms right? Skirts have been stated as going through final testing stages? Or are you just trolling?
    edited February 2010
    Still no glove options for females.
    Come on Cryptic, get on the trolley.
    edited February 2010
    My BOffs can now wear their TOS uniforms (hooray!), but I noticed only the females can use TOS insignias

Can anyone confirm this for the WoK uniforms as well? Cant login atm and just wanted to make sure.
    edited February 2010
    I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this but...is it not possible to own more than one uniform? For example I had the uniform I started off with. Then I bought a new one but after not being entirely happy with it I reverted back to the uniform I started off with...but found that I had to pay for it! Help please! Any information and/or advice given would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!
    edited February 2010
    What is not fixed, you got your uniforms right? Skirts have been stated as going through final testing stages? Or are you just trolling?

*ahem* "Going through the final testing stages" does not mean "fixed".
    edited February 2010
    Alan_81 wrote: »
    I'm not sure if this is the place to ask this but...is it not possible to own more than one uniform? For example I had the uniform I started off with. Then I bought a new one but after not being entirely happy with it I reverted back to the uniform I started off with...but found that I had to pay for it! Help please! Any information and/or advice given would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for reading!

I'm wondering this as well... wasn't there talk of uniform slots?
    edited February 2010

so new patch....still no skirts....

back to Sooooooon?(TM)
    edited February 2010
    There are extra uniform slots available. As for the uniform fixes, what I see that needs to be adressed are the TOS badges need fixed for males long with rank options. WoK uniforms need a pants color fix. Glove options for females. And badge availibility of the TNG movie badge to be used with TNG classic and Deep space 9 uniform. Think that sums up current issues with patch.

Now for my wish list for C-Store items...... TOS and TOS movie era Phasers and tricorders!
    edited February 2010

And something is fixed without testing for what was wrong with it in the first place? Why so cynical? I've never had any problems, its only you people who seem intent on having everything now now now and can't seem to wait.
    edited February 2010
    I've been able to put TOS badges on my male BOffs and my primary. Rank too.

Here's a workaround I found. If you have a title selected for you character (should be an option on the K menu), then you can't make uniform changes or even body changes. Anything you pick will revert back to what you had. Try setting the title back to nothing, then changing your uniform.

I now have a TOS LTC with command badge, one LT engineer with command badge (first officer), two LTJG males (one science one security), and one Ensign engineer female.

All of them have correct rank and badges. The only issue I had was that I forgot to promote them before putting rank on their sleeves (derp).

Hopefully this will help somebody out.

BTW thanks Cryptic for fixing 75% of the uniform issues. I can wait a week for miniskirts and look forward to all the bugs being worked out.
    edited February 2010
    And something is fixed without testing for what was wrong with it in the first place? Why so cynical? I've never had any problems, its only you people who seem intent on having everything now now now and can't seem to wait.

well there is the entire "we paid for them" thing, paying for a item and not getting it for 9 days, and counting, tends to **** people off.
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    well there is the entire "we paid for them" thing, paying for a item and not getting it for 9 days, and counting, tends to **** people off.

Indeed I feel the same way. Im glad to hear that we can expect a fix soon, but waiting for this long for something that we alread have paid for in the deluxe edition is rubbish....

I Hope the next patch will contain the fix, and that it will arrive soon.
    edited February 2010

Not cynical. Merely stating a fact. They have not yet fixed it, and until the skirts are actually in the game they have failed to deliver something that was directly paid (above and beyond the mere cost of the game) for by the time they explicitly claimed it would be available. Condoning that is absurd. Not even an apology has been offered, just vague assurances.
    edited February 2010

half a uniform is not a uniform...........final testing stage ROTFLMAO
    who, you mean they advertised skirts WITHOUT really having them for PCs and
    are just now getting to making them ??

the MMO industry has slipped through the cracks...in ANY other business that
    is illegal. Selling something you really don't have.

BUT

MMOs are not covered by that law because they came after it was made.

and most MMO companies would pay anything, to as many politicians as needed
    to make sure that MMOs are never included in the law...but that is another issue.

so as a consumer...I did the only thing left to do, I voted with my wallet and cancelled.

I would complain to the BBB, but cryptic ignores them.
    edited February 2010
    so as a consumer...I did the only thing left to do, I voted with my wallet and cancelled.

I would complain to the BBB, but cryptic ignores them.

Well, IMO that's a bit drastic.

From what I figured out reading the dev responses it seems that they had them in, but did zero testing before launch.

That's something you could have figured out yourself (no screenshots of PCs in skirts, no skirts during open beta, and from what I saw no skirts in closed beta).

I don't think they really expected they could just flip a switch and everything would work, but they where so tight on schedule that they just pushed this back and hoped (I know how this goes... you know that it won't work ever, but you can't do anything about it because you have so many more issues to fix :P)

In fact I am amazed that it seems that they will get them in.

It was obvious that it would take them at least a couple of weeks, but honestly getting code to work that
    has been in for at least half a year without being tested with anything that you created later is impressive.
    edited February 2010
    nekollx wrote: »
    so new patch....still no skirts....

back to Sooooooon?(TM)

I wouldn't be surprised if they're added in by or on the 19th of February.
    edited February 2010
    Well, IMO that's a bit drastic.

From what I figured out reading the dev responses it seems that they had them in, but did zero testing before launch.

That's something you could have figured out yourself (no screenshots of PCs in skirts, no skirts during open beta, and from what I saw no skirts in closed beta).

I don't think they really expected they could just flip a switch and everything would work, but they where so tight on schedule that they just pushed this back and hoped (I know how this goes... you know that it won't work ever, but you can't do anything about it because you have so many more issues to fix :P)

In fact I am amazed that it seems that they will get them in.

It was obvious that it would take them at least a couple of weeks, but honestly getting code to work that
    has been in for at least half a year without being tested with anything that you created later is impressive.

Ok, first of all, the skirts were never "in but broken". I know this for a fact because I checked once during cosed beta and checked every day since open beta. They were never actually in. The content's there, the devs have the ability to dress NPCs up in the skirts, but that's about the extent of it.

Then we have the *assumption* that it takes code to get skirts in. It doesn't. I'm sorry but Cryptic could not have pulled off buying the rights to STO then completely redoing everything from the ground up in about a year and actually be coding things like such huge rank amateurs that they'd have to actually write more code to get the skirts put in.

No... No code is necessary.

What is necessary? Adding the options for the skirts to the uniform tables.

Here's how it works

Code for organizing uniforms in a GUI? Check
    Code for selecting uniforms? Check
    Code for gender biasing uniforms? Check
    Code for unlockable uniforms? Check
    Code for unlocking uniforms via key activation? Check

The code's written and working. The assets are there but they are not in the uniform tables. This is because, from what I've gathered by stalking the devs on the forums via the dev tracker, is that the skirts and whatnot have issues with certain armors and kits. It does not take code to change the artwork. It takes changing the artwork to change the artwork.

But what am I wasting my breath for?
    edited February 2010
    Posting a bug report about this as well, but I noticed that on my Federation Klingon character (and BO) I was unable to use TOS insignias on the TOS uniforms. I was able to use them on my Andorian, Trill, and Borg BOs without issue as part of a TOS uniform. Anyone else see this issue?

Until it's fixed I guess everyone will have to wear TNG uniforms.
    edited February 2010
    AND it only happend in maybe 1 or two episodes. I can only remember it in Encounter at Farpoint
    edited February 2010
    Kenedajade wrote: »
    There are extra uniform slots available. As for the uniform fixes, what I see that needs to be adressed are the TOS badges need fixed for males long with rank options. WoK uniforms need a pants color fix. Glove options for females. And badge availibility of the TNG movie badge to be used with TNG classic and Deep space 9 uniform. Think that sums up current issues with patch.

Now for my wish list for C-Store items...... TOS and TOS movie era Phasers and tricorders!

Oh, good. Where can these extra uniform slots be found?
    edited February 2010
    Kenedajade wrote: »

Oh man, i wish you could hear yourself.

I want, I want, Iwant:)
    edited February 2010
    Oh man, i wish you could hear yourself.

I want, I want, Iwant:)

Technically, he's saying "I'll buy, I'll buy", which is going to have more impact probably.

I, too, would buy those. Just for the record.
    edited February 2010
    I wouldn't be surprised if they're added in by or on the 19th of March.

Fixed that for you ;)
This discussion has been closed.