What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Server downtime Nov 8th, 2014

Comments

• thegcbaconthegcbacon Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    stelakkh wrote: »
    Everyone settle down.

There are plenty of games by competent developers still online and available to play.

Checked WoW. It's online.
    Checked Guild Wars. It's online.
    Checked Guild Wars 2. It's online.
    Checked Rift. It's online.
    Checked Eve. It's online.
    Checked LotRO. It's online.

I'm sure the others I would check if I could be bothered are still online.

Just making a point for Cryptic and their incompetence. :)

I'm guessing you copy/paste this & just change 1 name anytime any game has a server issue.
  • bgolightlybgolightly Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Same problem here. Still no word from Cryptic?
  • kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rondros wrote: »
    Server still down. And no word from Cryptic to what's happening, could this be a DDoS attack? Are the hamsters stoned?

Well if they are they could at least pass it around so we'd all get some. 12+ pages and no word yet.
  • eiledoneiledon Member Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited November 2014
  • pompeoppompeop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    nccmark wrote: »
    I just got back in. Fingers crossed...

Me too. Although I was at the end of a fairly long mission when I got booted, and now i'm shoved back to the beginning. Three cheers for doing it all over again.

But once these things start, they tend to go completely ape for 8+ hours. I am sure we can look forward to a "The shard will go down in 1 hour. message soon.

Oh. I got disconnected as I typed this. I'd be surprised if this didn't happen all the time. I suspended my account for a year last time because they had this problem. I only play sporadically anymore. If this is happening enough for ME to notice, this isn't growing pains. This is incompetence either by their developers or their operations staff.
  • uthyeruthyer Member Posts: 50 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sensors detect a class action law suit ahead......Number One, dispatch an away team to investigate......:eek:
  • kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    edited November 2014
    macronius wrote: »
    Hamster is dying ...

^This. I think they forgot to feed him again...

people are mentioning this on fb too and I was in New Rom Command, everyone was gettin kicked.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo1_400.gif
    tacofangs wrote: »
    STO isn't canon, and neither are any of the books.
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Time? how about almost five years is that enough time for ya

Have to agree, memory leaks in this game shouldn't be happening, they are a problem from beta, they shouldn't return if the coding department was fixing it correctly. I experience this same problem each and ever expansion.
  • braxxjuventabraxxjuventa Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    thegcbacon wrote: »
    I'm guessing you copy/paste this & just change 1 name anytime any game has a server issue.

Haha! Stoned hamsters! I wonder how that looks like!! :D
  • avengaline1avengaline1 Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Server is up, but I keep getting kicked off every few minutes.
  • p4hajujup4hajuju Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Doom! Doom I tell you.

I'm just happy I had the good sense to do my mirror event runs earlier.

So no more STO today, hopefully tomorrow this will work again.
    Galavant!
    "Use Temporal Skills to NERF EVERYTHING before it happened!" -Unknown source.
  • rondrosrondros Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If this is a DDoS attack, it's not really the developers fault. Loads of games had this at 1 point. World of ******** got this earlier this year and so did Final Fantasy XIV. Final Fantasy was almost unplayable for a whole week. Then the DDoS people got bored and moved on to Facebook.
  • ygyhuuygyhuu Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    rondros wrote: »
    If this is a DDoS attack, it's not really the developers fault. Loads of games had this at 1 point. World of ******** got this earlier this year and so did Final Fantasy XIV. Final Fantasy was almost unplayable for a whole week. Then the DDoS people got bored and moved on to Facebook.

Seems like it
  • braxxjuventabraxxjuventa Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Sever down it says here..... :eek:
  • otowiotowi Member Posts: 600 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Not again... And prime time EU to boot :(

Seems to be either the Login2 server, or the main server that is causing this. This really stinks Cryptic...
  • the1tiggletthe1tigglet Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Guess I'll go log into GW2 and explore the new area some more on my engineer. At least I know that that game won't crash on me because of a memory leak or a login server malfunction due to their new content.
  • casbynesscasbyness Member Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I managed to get through a mirror STF, despite about 7-8 forced logouts. Thankfull I still got the rewards.

And now I've been kicked out again...

I'm only able to stay in the game for about a minute or two each time before being kicked. It seems to be an issue with the character server, since that's the part of the login process that's taking the most time to work.
  • nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    this is the Iconions master plan, we were to busy fighting mirror ships and collecting particles and they swooped in and killed off our hamsters. :(
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • tigrovaya13akulatigrovaya13akula Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Darned cheap-skate Chinese overlords at PWE bought out-of-date hamster pellets & bought tofu-flavor instead of Bacon-flavored. And geko forgot to change out the soiled wood shavings, so the hamsters further revolted by peeing on the ethernet connections again.:D
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    It seems that since they added Apple compatibility this server crash is happening way more
    often.
  • fadmbambamfadmbambam Member Posts: 656 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Now I can get logged in an play for about 60 seconds before getting kicked out.
  • thedoctorblueboxthedoctorbluebox Member Posts: 749 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I got 5 DC's in 3 minutes, I quit, will go play something else
  • rondrosrondros Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Why can't they put a message up when trying to log, to atleast inform us to what's going on? Is this where my gold Subscription money goes? To a game that's terribly unstable with a lack of communication from the very people that should be informing us to what's going down?
  • twistedsouljatwistedsoulja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    If everyone is getting it then they are either trying to update the database with it online or as most others have said a DDoS attack and thankfully these forums don't use the same server >.<
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    I guess they took the server down with no warning. I hope they fix what's wrong
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • stelakkhstelakkh Member Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    ya cause those games never have problems... stop being such a little ***** and give them time to fix the issue, its not like they are SOE and have allready given up on their game like planetside 2

The point is, little troll, that STO, under Cryptic's inept hand, has many, many problems - well beyond this. Server outages like this are just a symptom of the overall incompetence this game has been handled with since Beta.

Which reminds me, there are still bugs in this game that existed since Beta. :)

You run along, now. I'm going to go play a different game.

thegcbacon wrote: »

No, actually, I never bothered before. I rarely comment on the server being down, what with all the other problems there are with this game to point out.

But you go ahead and make assumptions that make you look like foolish Cryptic Fanboi. We'll wait. :)
    Actual Join Date: August, 2008
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    kthang wrote: »
    Yep, cleaning lady pulled the plug to be able to vacuum? Login got timed out.

Damnnnnn you Consuela!

/10char
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• blake73blake73 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Previously on Star Trek Offline...
  • cookiecrookcookiecrook Member Posts: 4,536 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Off to play The Crew beta on XBOX One. :cool:
    <
    > <
    > <
    >
    Looking for a new fleet? Drop by the in-game chat channel, "tenforwardforum", and say hi to the members of A Fleet Called Ten Forward (Fed) and The Orion Pirates (KDF). If you already have a fleet you are happy with, please feel free to drop by our chat channel if you are looking for a friendly bunch of helpful people to socialize with.
  • pompeoppompeop Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    otowi wrote: »
    Not again... And prime time EU to boot :(

Seems to be either the Login2 server, or the main server that is causing this. This really stinks Cryptic...

And no word/notice from STO. Half of the frustration can be quelled if they would just give some sort of notice announcing they are on the job. But their twitter feed is filled with the same mealymouthed company-man platitudes "Don't miss the weekend blah blah blah" set up an hour ago.

Maybe nobody told their twitter drone that their servers down yet.
This discussion has been closed.