test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DEVs nerfbat hit Tau Dewa

Comments

• zeus#0893 zeus Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    So just because the dev's at Cryptic can't do any real play testing or listen to any feedback from their select few testers on Tribble, they have to nerf frak the patrol missions in Alpha?

Really Cryptic? Really?

I mean if you spent some time actually playing your own creation without your GOD mode turned on and a direct LAN connection to the fraking servers, you might see what EVERYONE is telling you!

You laid a giant monstrous trud and called it an "expansion" and expect us to be thankful of all the TRIBBLE-ups in it!

And now that we don't want to play your "expansion" your way, you say no playing how the players want to play it unless it is the way we, the dev's, have programmed it to be played!

This is a very disturbing path you have chosen to go down!

Zeus

:(
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Have posted this elsewhere, but it's just as relevant here:

This change of attitude from the powers that be is actually quite intersting.

I mean, they never had a problem with us grinding Starbase 24 or repeatedly playing the old hourly Mirror Invasion (from the old calender event system) to level up. Heck, I'd wager that a LOT of us levelled up that way. I know I did.

So what changed? Why this sudden 'you can only level up on OUR terms' attitude from the devs?

I fear a pattern is beginning to emerge, showing a consistent path along a decision that was made a long time ago, to start nerfing every bit of 'income' people can make in-game. It all started with vendor trash nerfs, removing Tour of the Galaxy, Mirror Event, etc. With the latest Tau Dewa stunt, they've simply become more blatant about it. But I honestly think this was the plan all along.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • sqwishedsqwished Member Posts: 1,475 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2014
    If they actually bothered to give us enough content to level on then we wouldn't have to resort to using stuff like the Romulan patrol missions. It all comes down to the TRIBBLE poor attempt by cryptic to push through this sub standard work. If they don't have the staff to create content ask the authors of some of highly rated foundry work. Factor in the huge number of bugs that are present and the fact that they constantly seem to ignore the feedback from the player base.... well its no bloody wonder people have had enough. Nice to know craptic have got their priorities right!
    Oh, it's not broken? We can soon fix that!

• aelfwin1aelfwin1 Member Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Cryptic haters: I hate this game, but I'll play it all the time so i can show the world how much I hate the game

Cryptic Defense Force: This game is Great nothing wrong with it ever, I never see anything I don't know what you're talking about, The game crashing to desktop, that's the game telling me to take a break.

Both are equally annoying, bot contribute nothing to the game,, and any actual good ideas on the forums, gets berried in rage, or TRIBBLE kissing threads.

That's why the forums are only good for Entertainment, and nothing serious

You left out the third group ... -- the one who pretends to sit by and make poo-poo comments about posters & posts while feeling quite "above it all" .

In short , the boys with the superiority complex .

... for further info replace the word "game" with the word "forums"in the red line , but put on some shades first as you might be pointing your flashlight at yourself ...
  • protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I know people who level up toons to lv 50 within 2 days. It took me all of 1.5 weeks. Glad we have you to tell us how fast we're allowed to go.

Yeah, I'm not terribly fond of busybodyism. The simple fact is that power levelling happens in every game sooner or later, and once it has begun, it is notoriously difficult to stop without draconian overreactions which hurt gameplay for every player.

HOWEVER, as I pointed out on page 13:
    protogoth wrote: »
    So, I haven't seen a post from a Dev or GM or even a Mod in this thread saying why. Did they say why somewhere else, or is this thread simply the usual player assumption and hysteria?

So yes, I agree with this:
    drasym wrote: »
    Have yet to see any official statement of any kind. Rampant speculation by players. Accusations, jumping to conclusions and a few fanning the flames.. But nothing official.

Asked in a few other threads, was either ignored, insulted or pointed to this thread.

See the OP 'quote' a dev.. not a screen shot. not a dev, just one sentence quote.

EVEN IF the quote is legit. (not sure about that) Seems like a lot of conclusions are being made. Could be a bug completely unrelated to anything else. could be something many have speculated about or something else entirely.

Just seems like a LOT of fuss without a lot of specifics so far.

Did i miss something?

Still looking for anyone that can post a screen of this quote.. or confirmation from another source. Stats? anything?

I've been involved in gaming for a long time, on more than one side of the game, and I've seen rampant player hysteria and baseless assumption and wild rumors far too often which I knew to be just what I've called them to take this majority of comments in this thread without at least a dozen rather large grains of salt.

This, however, seems more credible than the bulk of the posts in this thread:
    rake0321 wrote: »
    So, now the word is ...... the REAL reason for the intervention might have been the superior tech upgrades drop and with all the xp farming the amount of tech upgrades being earned was unacceptable to Cryptic.

But the point remains, no official word so far except that the systems are locked down (and even that is questionable, since there's no corroborating screen shot and since I've not heard of the alleged Dev in question (not that I know who everyone at Cryptic or PWE is, but I think some of us would have at least heard of this guy before if he were an actual Dev, unless he were very new, and nobody I've talked with recognizes the name <Dev> EQAH@Farktoid5000).

Edit:

Well, I see this now:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1265971
  • swatopswatop Member Posts: 566 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    The sad consequence of Delta Rising is that there is nothing worth to play anymore.

new story content:
    bugged; boring; repetative; annoying; disruptive due to wrong level requirements/false reward calculation

all story missions:
    nerfed; the skill points are not even worth starting such missions

PVE missions:
    bugged; unplayable; nerfed

Patrol missions:
    closed/nerfed

Kerrat:
    for a good amount of people closed

PVP:
    totally imbalanced with the introduction of mk14 epic gear that only the "rich kids" can obtain.

The entire game has turned into a giant mess.
    And the devs call this a successful season.
    Successful in what? Driving players away? Destroying everyones fun? Ruining this game?
    Fellow devs... if that is your definition of "success" then you clearly did your best to achieve it.
  • f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    <snickers> The older Patrols where obviously to confusing for new players. :D
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    swatop wrote: »
    The sad consequence of Delta Rising is that there is nothing worth to play anymore.

new story content:
    bugged; boring; repetative; annoying

all story missions:
    nerfed; the skill points are not even worth starting such missions

PVE missions:
    bugged; unplayable; nerfed

Patrol missions:
    closed/nerfed

Kerrat:
    for a good amount of people closed

PVP:
    totally imbalanced with the introduction of mk14 epic gear that only the "rich kids" can obtain.

The entire game has turned into a giant mess.
    And the devs call this a successful season.
    Successful in what? Driving players away? Destroying everyones fun? Ruining this game?
    Fellow devs... if that is your definition of "success" then you clearly did your best to achieve it.

Yea with a looking at the bright sides of DR ... you are correct and I agree. Cool sum up!
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    protogoth wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not terribly fond of busybodyism. The simple fact is that power levelling happens in every game sooner or later, and once it has begun, it is notoriously difficult to stop without draconian overreactions which hurt gameplay for every player.

HOWEVER, as I pointed out on page 13:

So yes, I agree with this:

I've been involved in gaming for a long time, on more than one side of the game, and I've seen rampant player hysteria and baseless assumption and wild rumors far too often which I knew to be just what I've called them to take this majority of comments in this thread without at least a dozen rather large grains of salt.

This, however, seems more credible than the bulk of the posts in this thread:

But the point remains, no official word so far except that the systems are locked down (and even that is questionable, since there's no corroborating screen shot and since I've not heard of the alleged Dev in question (not that I know who everyone at Cryptic or PWE is, but I think some of us would have at least heard of this guy before if he were an actual Dev, unless he were very new, and nobody I've talked with recognizes the name <Dev> EQAH@Farktoid5000).

Edit:

Well, I see this now:
    http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1265971

So in other words. You will blow off everyones opinions unless its something you can convienantly get behind..But youll continue to accuse everyone else of over reacting.

Never mind the fact that others have stated theres nothing out of the ordinary about Superior Tech drops.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gotta wonder what happens to ppl who were actually in Tau Dewa when they logged off, and are trying to log in again.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • boosbcboosbc Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Gotta wonder what happens to ppl who were actually in Tau Dewa when they logged off, and are trying to log in again.

They are still in Tau Dewa. Only the Patrol systems have been closed.
  • tobar26thtobar26th Member Posts: 799 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Grinding. We're doing it wrong.
    edited October 2014
    tobar26th wrote: »
    Grinding. We're doing it wrong.

Sarcasm from an ex-Mod ?

... is appreciated ... ;)

But on a more serious note -- I am once again at a loss as to what I'm supposed to do now to level ... , as I too asked for help from players when I ran into the No-XP-Soup-for-YOU wall .

I was pointed toward Japori ... .

So now what ?
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Agreed. This whole issue is tantamount to them saying "you will play this game how WE tell you to play it". Which is absolutely pathetic.

They want us to play the game the game when, how and where they want us to do it themselves. This has been the practice ever since D'Angelo took over and that's why D'Angelo needs to go asap before he drives the entire game into the ground.
    Not saying anyone should get fired, but they should remove him from the EP position - the man obviosuly lacks the talent, vision and competence to make this game thrive as a fun and engaging experience for the communtiy. The developments in STO this year of 2014 are more than enough proof about this.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • prancingdoeprancingdoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I may be the worlds worst dumb **** for spending $70 on STO Sunday and Monday morning for Reman unlock, ships, and keys. But I find this appalling that I can't even enter these systems that the devs have locked out. Not for patrol missions, but for actual episodes. Here I am, lvl 10 Reman fed allied and stuck because the map my mission says to enter gives me error of 'Couldn't get map names from map manager." Why in hell should I spend money on C-store TRIBBLE if your going to pull TRIBBLE like this? How am I supposed to bloody get my episode done for romulan episode chain when it uses these same patrol worlds and they are closed off?
  • qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    I may be the worlds worst dumb **** for spending $70 on STO Sunday and Monday morning for Reman unlock, ships, and keys. But I find this appalling that I can't even enter these systems that the devs have locked out. Not for patrol missions, but for actual episodes. Here I am, lvl 10 Reman fed allied and stuck because the map my mission says to enter gives me error of 'Couldn't get map names from map manager." Why in hell should I spend money on C-store TRIBBLE if your going to pull TRIBBLE like this? How am I supposed to bloody get my episode done for romulan episode chain when it uses these same patrol worlds and they are closed off?

Wait, what ?! They closed ALL systems ?! Not just the evil patrol ones ? :eek:
  • vorga113vorga113 Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    It's official Cryptic\PWE are *that* kid.

You know the one.

The ones screams at the top their lungs.

YOU'RE NOT PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY THAT I WANT SO I'M TAKING MY BALL HOME.
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    In a few hours the land of the free will be waking up from their slumber. Maybe then a Dev or CM will have something to say on the matter.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    From all the rage coming from the devs treatment of the playerbase in recent weeks, sounds like STO needs it's own version of the infamous "Jita Riots" we had in EVE. That coupled with people unsubscribing en mass was the only way to get them to abandon the pointless "walking in stations" stuff, which while nice and would be good from an RP perspective it's not important when you look at the amount of glaring problems in the game (talking about both EVE and STO here).

Just a shame we can't TK ESD lol.
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • cpc2011acpc2011a Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    BAHAHAHAHA so they have shut down their own dev built farming missions, much like the way they destroyed the foundry farming missions? Wow, I'm getting the feeling that unless we play the game EXACTLY as they say we should we will all be punished for even logging on. Next will be those of us with more than one alt toon. "ZOMG those people have 15 charactors and they do STUFFS with them. Ban them all."

FFS cryptic, you tell us we have to grind, so we do. But we aren't grinding the way you want us to? Yep, makes me happy all my purchases have been made not from my wallet, but from in game grinding...or was THAT done improperly too? Seriously time for a cryptic wide IQ test starting at the top.
  • aspartan1aspartan1 Member Posts: 1,054 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »
    Yep. Since all capped at L50 and offered the same reward.
    If you are looking for an excellent PvE fleet consider: Omega Combat Division today.
    Former member of the Cryptic Family & Friends Testing Team. Sadly, one day, it simply vanished - without a word or trace...
    Obscurea Chaotica Fleet (KDF), Commander
    ingame: @.Spartan
    Romulan_Republic_logo.png
    Former Alpha & Beta Tester
    Original Cryptic Forum Name: Spartan (member #124)
    The Glorious, Kirk’s Protegè
  • thutmosis85thutmosis85 Member Posts: 2,358 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    They want us to play the game the game when, how and where they want us to do it themselves. This has been the practice ever since D'Angelo took over and that's why D'Angelo needs to go asap before he drives the entire game into the ground.
    Not saying anyone should get fired, but they should remove him from the EP position - the man obviosuly lacks the talent, vision and competence to make this game thrive as a fun and engaging experience for the communtiy. The developments in STO this year of 2014 are more than enough proof about this.

Agreed ... everything went downhill since DStahl left (again) ... he might not have been the best EP in history, and was in the habit of talking a lot, without any actual results ...

... but at least there was some hope on the horizon ... I wouldn't go so far to blame D'Angelo in person (PWE might be involved here as well) ... maybe D'Stahl just left because he wasn't happy with the direction this game is supposed to be going, while D'Angelo is the better scapegoat ...

... I also see a pattern here ... everyone who really cared about this game seems to be leaving ... Branflakes i.E. ...
    Patch Notes : Resolved an Issue, where people would accidently experience Fun.
  • lutzmann375lutzmann375 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    Agreed ... everything went downhill since DStahl left (again) ... he might not have been the best EP in history, and was in the habit of talking a lot, without any actual results ...

... but at least there was some hope on the horizon ... I wouldn't go so far to blame D'Angelo in person (PWE might be involved here as well) ... maybe D'Stahl just left because he wasn't happy with the direction this game is supposed to be going, while D'Angelo is the better scapegoat ...

... I also see a pattern here ... everyone who really cared about this game seems to be leaving ... Branflakes i.E. ...

I agree with you, but at this point it's safe to say that D'Angelo is incompetent at his task.
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    anyone recall the first time he took over for Dan?...... i do :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    This entire mess is down to poor forward planning, poor QA and non-existent risk assessment.

Many of us have screamed about QA and its apparent absence in the past this, however, just throws that whole area into the spotlight.

Cryptic you should know the animal (monster?) that you have created. Good QA would surely have bought this problem into focus?

You've even forgotten the human aspect, as someone has already mentioned in one of the multiple threads on this, some people will always seek the least passage of resistance to progress onwards.

Poor design choices made that happen. I cant see this ending well.

EDIT: And I'll add in that the buck stops with D'Angelo. Free Lobi will not appease in this instance.
    server_hamster6.png
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    xms9779 wrote: »
    *Devnote: players were having fun in an area unrelated to newly released content. This conflicted with the experience we intended for players to have, and has been fixed.

I cant really see how it matters what way you level up, if that is the case they had best shut down every sector apart from delta and put a lock on doff missions.
    I have levelled up a fair bit and have hardly touched the new content yet.
    I can understand them putting a block on something if there is a glitch that causes a bigger reward then intended but otherwise it should be up to the player what they do to progress.

the one big thing I have always loved the most about this game is the freedom to play what you want when you want if they start putting a block on players freedom I would be most upset.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• wintermutevreswintermutevres Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

QFT. Glad i'm not the only one feeling that way. Yes there were good things but lately grind in this game have been reaching rediculous levels. As a matter of fact i have returned to the game after 7 months of absence and now 2 weeks later i already question myslef if i did the right thing.
  • prancingdoeprancingdoe Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    qjunior wrote: »

I don't know about 'all' systems, but Neutral no more quest, the VERY quest you get in romulan faction AFTER choosing sides, requires Beta Thoridar System, and it is giving me the error. It is also one of the patrol systems. I am uncertain of whether it is intentional, or if they accidently forgot about maps also being used by their romulan faction episodes.
  • notorycznynotoryczny Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2014
    [...]nerfing Tau Dewa?! Sorry, Craptic, but this has got to be one of the lamest stunts you ever pulled! And yet, why am I Laughing Out Loud!? Probably because I soooo saw moves like this coming! Hahaha! So incredibly pathetic! Good thing I hastily leveled up, on Elite, fighting endless swarms of NPC's at DS9, before Craptic had a chance to wise up to people doing something as horrible as grinding their XP the way they choose!

Seriously, Cryptic, nerfing every and all ways to get EC, gear, and Dilithium, that was pretty lame already as it was. But I think y'all stooped to a new low, nerfing patrol missions, for the sole reason of having ppl play the new, harder content (read: so they'll buy the new ships out of frustration). Really, could youl sink any lower?! Maybe y'all should ask the Breen to build an Absolute Zero set from your latest decisions.

+1 here. To make it clear, I was not lvling at DS9, but the rest of meimeitoo's post nails it.

Since Season 9 its nerf-nerf-nerf. I wonder how soon we will have to grind for months for "free" bridge officer slots that are now given via leveling.
    May 2013, automatic permanent ban for mentioning gold-seller sites
    pwebranflakes: this system is currently in place and working the way it should.
    moradum: I got banned for saying "I started my day with cutting off 3 MM off of the bottom of my cabinet"
    edited October 2014
    daan2006 wrote: »
    anyone recall the first time he took over for Dan?...... i do :)

Nerf - chop - squash - okbiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii .... :cool: