What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Subspace Party Nullifier

Comments

• Options
    anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Only if it worked the same way for nullifiers, you lose a nullifier for every person that starts dancing around you. Fair is fair. ;)
    Because the nullifier is only designed to effect one person, the party ball is designed to effect everyone.

Hey, I am entirely fine with the nullifier being consumed on use... Seems logical actually.

However...

Item X can affect 20, but eats one...

Item Y can affect 1, and eats one...

There is a serious flaw in that logic... Unless of cause you are suggesting that the nullifier has the same range of affect as the ball does... So if I use it right under the ball, everyone in the same effect radius should also be "nullified".

Edit:

OR, a reasonable compromise: Instead of the balls consuming at a pr-character, make the nullifier a charged device...

Considering the drop in recent Ball use, lets say... 10 - 15 charges, at a slightly higher price than the ball (say 20% increase), then you need to get a new one, and the balls remain as they are now, and the nullifier still only affects the player in question.

The nullifier auto activates (hence consumes itself) upon a ball activation.

All numbers are made up on the spot btw.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Hey, I am entirely fine with the nullifier being consumed on use... Seems logical actually.

However...

Item X can affect 20, but eats one...

Item Y can affect 1, and eats one...

There is a serious flaw in that logic... Unless of cause you are suggesting that the nullifier has the same range of affect as the ball does... So if I use it right under the ball, everyone in the same effect radius should also be "nullified".

No, just you.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    valoreah wrote: »
    How about a Subspace Shatner Amplifier? Anyone in range talks, acts and moves like Captain Kirk for 3 minutes?
    don't we have enough kirks in this game already? we really don't need more
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    No, just you.

Look in my post... I made an edit...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • Options
    ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's hilarious how hurt some people are over not being able to make everyone dance
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    It's hilarious how hurt some people are over not being able to make everyone dance

i have to agree it is funny
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Look in my post... I made an edit...

You know what, I would be happy with that.

Wow, did we actually agree!?!:eek:
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited July 2014

Let's give them a chance to make their case... negotiate with them...

The only thing Diplomacy dosen't work on is children and egoists (and the extremists, but its not like anyone is going to blow up the server, apart from the hampsters)... I think theres still reason here, so no need to provoke a situation.
    You know what, I would be happy with that.

Wow, did we actually agree!?!:eek:

Not quite... We compromised... It's what civilized people do... Found a solution that neither is fully happy with, but can live with.

EDIT: On a side note: I never "disagreed" with you in that sense... But I AM opposed to others being able to impose their variant of "fun" on others... It's not distaste of the balls (as I generally ignore them), but this IS an issue for some people, and as such had to be addressed eventually, just like the ice-cube grenade was.
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cincsac wrote: »
    Coming soon for all you people that don't like to party! Rock on.... :P

Tribble patch notes:

Thank the creator of the multiverses for that thing. I got so anoyed from the discoball, i had to switch the map instance everytime to escape the stupid light and soundshow. I hope the anti-discoball device mutes also the stupid disco-music, pls or atleast unlocks and opens the airpressure vents of the starbase.:D
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    gagocash wrote: »
    Thank the creator of the multiverses for that thing. I got so anoyed from the discoball, i had to switch the map instance everytime to escape the stupid light and soundshow.
    guess what? you will still have to

the nullifier just stops the forced dancing
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    gagocashgagocash Member Posts: 150 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm on my smartphone. Delete this post.
    M.A.C.O. ELITE COMMANDER & KIRK'S PROTEGE
  • Options
    iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I'm actually willing to bet people aren't really upset over this at all, and are just invoking Poe's Law.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • Options
    hartzillahartzilla Member Posts: 1,177 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    cur·mud·geon

noun \(ˌ)kər-ˈmə-jən\ : a person (especially an old man) who is easily annoyed or angered and who often complains

which describes the majority of the forumbase, if you think about it

it also pretty much describes hard core trek fans in general, what with their crusade to basically suck the fun out of Star Trek becuase some guys got it into their heads that it needed to be high brow philosophy despite attempts at that pretty much just being pedantic, tedious, and basically full of itself.
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    nabreeki wrote: »
    The word "troll" is being tossed around a lot here, and unfairly so. Again, the anti-amp crowd - despite having an opt-out on the way - is dragging the thread into hostile territory, while many of those who previous argued in favor of the party amps are generally posting in good humor. Others, not naming names, but it's pretty obvious which side of the debate they stand on, are, as usual, resorting to petty namecalling and other unsavory behavior (the very reason, I might add, why disco ball threads are no longer allowed to begin with).

I guess it shows you the overall maturity/mental capacity of these players. Kind of sad, but, unfortunately, quite unsurprising.

Nice try to fixate the blame on the 'anti-amp crowd'. But just as many 'pro-amp people' are here dragging things down along with everyone else. Pretending to be on high ground when the Mods show up wont save either side.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Nice try to fixate the blame on the 'anti-amp crowd'. But just as many 'pro-amp people' are here dragging things down along with everyone else. Pretending to be on high ground when the Mods show up wont save either side.

The mods are already here (askray)...

The thread is alive, and seemingly no one of us have been committing a ToS violating action (no threads have been altered).
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Blasphemer! :P

DO NOT BLASPHEME!
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    ussinterceptussintercept Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The mods are already here (askray)...

The thread is alive, and seemingly no one of us have been committing a ToS violating action (no threads have been altered).

As you can see. The quote I commented on was pages before Askry popped his head in.
  • Options
    jjumetleyjjumetley Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How about a Subspace Shatner Amplifier? Anyone in range talks, acts and moves like Captain Kirk for 3 minutes?

Please....... tell me you are................................ joking................... Valoreah.
  • Options
    tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They could call it the "Shatnifier" :P How Shatastic is that?

The Subspace Shatnerfier....

I.... love it!
  • Options
    xiaoping88xiaoping88 Member Posts: 1,493 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Perfect World Entertainment Community Rules and Policies. ~Askray
    Reality is an illusion.
    The universe is a hologram.
    latest?cb=20130715204749
    Buy gold!
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    T-bombs? What's that?
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rickdanko wrote: »
    T-bombs? What's that?
    Probably Tear-bombs?

EDIT: Welcome Askray! Hope you'll have fun today! :D
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    probably troll-bombs

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i reckon the nullifiers should consume themselves every time they nullify a disco ball.

That would make sense. And it's fair. Balance and all that.