• Options
    daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    when this thread going to start talking about SPN
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    fenr00k wrote: »
    I don't like PvP, too many trolls. :cool:
    there are actually no trolls in PvP...just e-peen stroking egotists and hax whiners, which is why i don't do public PvP
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    there are actually no trolls in PvP...just e-peen stroking egotists and hax whiners, which is why i don't do public PvP

It was a joke bud. ;) A touch of irony was my intent, as folks are getting far too angry here.
  • Options
    wbaker256#3172 wbaker256 Member Posts: 292 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was a joke bud. ;) A touch of irony was my intent, as folks are getting far too angry here.

Which I find funny, because there really isn't anything to get angry about :P
    "[GARBLED ELECTRONIC NOISES]"
    - Thot Gar - Commanding Officer of the Braaktak Kaan
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited July 2014

but what all the aliens above us would like to know, is WHY are the spear chuckers yelling ... :S lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    fenr00kfenr00k Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mgoblin2 wrote: »
    Which I find funny, because there really isn't anything to get angry about :P

Agreed, 100%, just an exchange of opinions, a debate if you will.

So, to summarise:-

I've NEVER owned or used a party amplifier, but I respect the right of other players to use them in social zones because they CAN. If this was not intended, then they wouldn't be able to. You wont ever see me using one in game, as I see them as a waste of my time that could be spent having what I personally see as fun. Nor will you ever see me griefing, or deliberately (it is NOT my fault if somebody feels that my wearing a long winter coat and sunglasses indoors is disrupting their enjoyment, or that my refusing to join in with their RP is disrupting their enjoyment, etc etc..) disrupting the enjoyment of other players in any way.

I have no objections to the devs adding the SPN, but I wont be getting one myself as I personally am not bothered by my characters breaking into spontaneous dance as I see it as just a bit of harmless fun.

I do however feel that some trolls will use the absence of a response to their party amplifier to mark potential targets for further trolling, and also that some will even get their kicks from the fact that players have been driven to get one by their "antics".
  • Options
    generiliskgenerilisk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    well, apparently it is to this guy

Crippling? Not at all. I just don't think I should have to spend anything at all to disallow other players controlling my toon.
  • Options
    betayuyabetayuya Member Posts: 1,059 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    *coats her dagger in [Crippling Poison] and stealths*
    lol
    eywdK7c.jpg
  • Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,985 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, STO is a game and unfortunately an MMO.

Star Trek = Good.

MMO = Bad.

And why do people play games to socialize?

Go to a party, live life.

I play a game to get away from people.

A Star Trek Simulator would be a much better game.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Yes, STO is a game and unfortunately an MMO.

Star Trek = Good.

MMO = Bad.

And why do people play games to socialize?

Go to a party, live life.

I play a game to get away from people.

A Star Trek Simulator would be a much better game.

Me thinks this is genuinely not the game for you then.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    Me thinks this is genuinely not the game for you then.

Hit me with an alternative then.

In the mean time this device allows me to complete my business without being forced to dance for someone else's jollies.
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    61 pages and the war rages on still. Sad and hysterical at the same time. :rolleyes:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    stoutesstoutes Member Posts: 4,219 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    61 pages and the war rages on still. Sad and hysterical at the same time. :rolleyes:
    Hysterical most of the times, yes.
  • Options
    peetapipmacpeetapipmac Member Posts: 2,131 Arc User
    edited August 2014

Actually before you commented it had been idle nearly 22 hours. Not exactly raging.
    It's not my fault if you feel trolled by my Disco ball... Sorry'boutit.

R.I.P. Leonard Nimoy
  • Options
    lystentlystent Member Posts: 1,019
    edited August 2014
    Agree 100%

I don't think it's happening. On a programming stand point, you would be looking at a device that uses charges vs a device the feeds a constant stream.

Edit: looking forward to the new device; STO dance moves are a real eye sore.
  • Options
    monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Think I'll put the final cherry on this particular sunday. The Subspace nullifiers do indeed work exactly as promised. Yes you can still see the lights and particle effects, but that's minor. They are indeed only 100 GPL (easily obtained with a few rounds of Dabo) and can be stored in your bank while still retaining the effect. They can be purchased at the GPL vendors like Woadie on DS9.

At this stage I'd like to say thank you again to the Devs. While I, like others, feel that this was a problem that could have been avoided all together, or mitigated sooner, I am satisfied with this resolution. The effect so far has been noticeably positive, with more and more people coming out to socialize again. I can only hope the lesson learned from this will prevent future such issues from being introduced and once again express my gratitude, as well as the gratitude of many, many others. Thank you again and looking forward to the October release. :)

That's weird. The mouseover tooltip and right click info for the nullifier clearly says that you have to have it in your inventory for it to work. If it's working while stored in your bank that must be a bug. It also means that if you actually wanted to dance under a disco ball you'll have to discard your nullifier and buy another. Thankfully it's extremely cheap to replace if needed.

I too am glad for the nullifier. Players at DS9 love to troll people using the exchange with disco balls. And that's another thing; the only people mad about the nullifier being added to the game are the trolls that run around ruining RPer's fun and doing it to generally annoy people.

I'm not an RPer, but I do find it annoying when my character starts dancing uncontrollably. Let's face it. The dance emotes in this game suck and my toon looks stupid while doing it.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I actually have been having fun running under any available Party Amps and watching my Toon not dance.

Might this become the new type of griefing?