MASSIVE DOFFING UI CHANGES AND NERF
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    O'Rly?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/5007693

Do your research...

Edit: And btw... That took me 15 seconds to find, and I had to go through the menu to find it.

Was meaning they haven't announced 9.5 as of tomorrow. That twatter post, pound sign, blog, musing, whatever they call it, doesn't count as an official announcement.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Was meaning they haven't announced 9.5 as of tomorrow. That twatter post, pound sign, blog, musing, whatever they call it, doesn't count as an official announcement.

Of cause not... It dosen't suit your agenda.
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • darin010darin010 Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    YAY 9.5 10 whole minutes of content WOO HOOO!!!!!! Now my Thursday is set.

(Sometime next month) WOOO HOOOO 9.5 my Monday is set!!!!!!

(Tusday) Server down.....
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We shall forever remember the Season 9.5 Information Fiasco. Wait, that needs a better name... :P
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Your right, there's no way the STO Community Manager would be told of the launch date of an STO Season Update ahead of time as he doesn't have anything to do with redying info on the STO Web site, or communicating such info to STO players...oh, wait.:eek:
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hypl wrote: »
    We shall forever remember the Season 9.5 Information Fiasco. Wait, that needs a better name... :P

Have you checked Twitter, Facebook, or listened to some third party podcast? There might already be a better name out there. ;)
  • admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    edited July 2014

doesn't count? They are merging threads on this topic into one titled 9.5 CONFIRMED for Thursday. Theres your confirmation.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    By definition, it's really just a part of Season 9...

X.5 seasons is just the "We wanted this to be in from the beginning, but didn have time for it".

Maybe they could call it the "Summer Extravaganza"? :P
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Your right, there's no way the STO Community Manager would be told of the launch date of an STO Season Update ahead of time as he doesn't have anything to do with redying info on the STO Web site, or communicating such info to STO players...oh, wait.:eek:

Not saying he doesn't know when it's happening. I'm not saying it's not coming tomorrow. I've known it's coming tomorrow sense the pre-patch came up. I'm saying that him saying it on twitter is not an official announcement.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No, its simply "a sign of the times." A games "official venue" may mean a lot to you but only in so far as it represents an idea, the "central spot" around which all information must gather. That's not a requirement, hell I've seen a lot of things over the years have their first official announcemtn over some bit of social media. That doesn't often include games, since those do generally maintain in-house community websites, but none the less a developer doesn't have to use it if they don't want to. Its just a convention and as with any other arbitrary social compromise they can break it if they so wish.

"A sign of times" LMAO!!! :D This is just golden! :P

I guess I'll tweet a question for billing prices for my cell phone line to the T-Com CEO directly tomorrow, so he can retweet an answer to my questions. No point in visiting their website to get the information I need, that's soooo last year, right? :rolleyes:

Question: Do you understand what is Smirk's job title? 10 points if you say a Community Manager! So nope, not a Dev, a CM.
    Another question: Do you know what is Smirk a Community Manager of? 10 points more if you say the Star Trek Online community! I wonder where that's at? :rolleyes:

Oh wait, you're the guy that says the missing space weapon animations since S9 are a minor and irrelevant issue in a game built around space combat. Never mind, carry on, this should be interesting.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Mods not changing this thread's title to add [rumour] or [false] to it is pretty much as good as any official announcement. It's coming tomorrow. Whether or not you will be able to actually PLAY it tomorrow is a whole different thing. ;)
  • smeeinn1tsmeeinn1t Member Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    More twatter => Click me
    V9BQ6SM.gif
    "A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects." — Lazarus Long --->Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • imadude3imadude3 Member Posts: 825 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    smeeinn1t wrote: »
    More twatter => Click me

your link doesn't work
    Maintaining peace through overwhelming firepower.
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    doesn't count? They are merging threads on this topic into one titled 9.5 CONFIRMED for Thursday. Theres your confirmation.

No. That's just normal moderation activity. Two threads, one topic, BOOM!

Official Confirmation is an official post. Which I haven't seen yet.

But if Smirk said it on Twitter, I see no reason to doubt he not only has the information but that he's been given the green light to share it. That's a kind of confirmation too.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited July 2014
    imadude3 wrote: »
    your link doesn't work

The way that Smirk is communicating things on Twitter isn't working either. ;)

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk/with_replies

The with_replies part is important.

https://twitter.com/PWECaptainSmirk

Tells you nothing.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Oh wait, you're the guy that says the missing space weapon animations since S9 are a minor and irrelevant issue in a game built around space combat. Never mind, carry on, this should be interesting.

Well it should be because I'm just going to criticize you. Did you read my post? No, you didn't. My point was that exactly how information is spread is entirely up to those spreading it. They don't have to abide by your conventions, they can do whatever the hell they like as it is in THEIR interest to spread the information as well as it can be. If they fail, they've failed their objectives and they're the ones most hurt by that. That said, they haven't. Even as a luddite you know about the 9.5 release date. A drop on twitter spread to the forums and now we have multiple threads dedicated to the topic. Its just a shame that its just fed into the cycle of self-indulgent tyrades that are typical to the forum format. :rolleyes:

After all, if not rants about new information distribution channels being used over others (you have been aware of what's been happening over the last decade?) then it'll be about very situational engine limits or some other piece of fodder that'll conveniently allow you to maintain the most satisfying opinion to your self respect.

No thought, no discussion, just a lot of posturing. That's the internet and thanks for providing a great case example. :P

Now either try to engage in some actual discourse (rather than reflexively responding to the mere fact that I have a conflicting point of view) or just ignore my posts entirely. My dissention isn't going to hurt you, and its only worth engaging with if its going to be a two way exchange.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    No. That's just normal moderation activity. Two threads, one topic, BOOM!

Official Confirmation is an official post. Which I haven't seen yet.

But if Smirk said it on Twitter, I see no reason to doubt he not only has the information but that he's been given the green light to share it. That's a kind of confirmation too.

thats just it i dont know of this, despite your status, its still a 3rd hand report until i see this confirmation on the site. thats the issue.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
    edited July 2014
    thats just it i dont know of this, despite your status, its still a 3rd hand report until i see this confirmation on the site. thats the issue.

No argument there. It's not official until it's official.

I would expect to see Release Notes for tomorrow at some point.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hypl wrote: »

That's not bad, actually. Not exactly well played from a PR standpoint, and references to tinfoil hats are probably not a terribly wise follow-up. It was kind of funny, though.

Wait, does that mean we're finally getting that Tinfoil Hat costume unlock?
    Have you checked Twitter, Facebook, or listened to some third party podcast? There might already be a better name out there. ;)

Hmmm, maybe we can turn that into a game instead... let's see:

#snarkandcrafts
    #userinterfarce
    #seasonneinpointfive
    #whatwehavehereisa
    #forwhomthebelltrolls

Okay, that's all I've got for the moment... any others? Have fun with it, we seem to be getting too serious about this whole thing! :D
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No argument there. It's not official until it's official.

I would expect to see Release Notes for tomorrow at some point.

No offense to you Bluegeek (I don't see how this could be offense to you, but just in case someone thinks so), but at this point, I'd expect the patch notes to be released on Twitter at this point.
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Arent we way after April Fools?

The nice part of the comment is, its fits in both cases. If its a Joke, its a Joke, if its not, the whole S9.5 is (still) a Joke :D
  • suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kinda surprised there's not even a blog about the new lock box.
    PyKDqad.jpg
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    suaveks wrote: »
    Kinda surprised there's not even a blog about the new lock box.

That is the one thing that has me as well. We certainly know a bit about it already, dropping the official word and all the details would seem to be a pretty safe/easy move (unless their plans have changed.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited July 2014
    malkarris wrote: »
    No offense to you Bluegeek (I don't see how this could be offense to you, but just in case someone thinks so), but at this point, I'd expect the patch notes to be released on Twitter at this point.

Nah. It would exceed the character limit.

Unless of course the Release Notes turned into

"We did stuff. Log in and try to figure out what we did."
  • somebobsomebob Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rinkster wrote: »
    It's regrettable in the extreme that no announcements have been made on these fora to confirm or expand on the CMs recent tweets.

Extremely unprofessional, in my view.

I 100% agree. Very, very sad that this company couldn't do such simple thing of, you know, USE THEIR WEBSITE, LAUNCHER, OR FORUMS TO ANNOUNCE SOMETHING.

Just pathetic.
    Owner and Lead Moderator for the Primus Database. Post your Hero today!
    Razira's Primus Database Page
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited July 2014
    "We did stuff. Log in and try to figure out what we did."

There are folks that feel that way even with release notes.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    People, get off of Smirk's back. He's actually helping us. He probably recognized that the overheads couldn't release the info or give him the okay to put up a blog, so he's doing the only thing in his power right now. He found a way to deliver the info to us some way. And here you are biting his smirky li'l head off for it!

Shame shame shame.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Smirk did say in the recent priority one podcast that, perfect world are trying to change how info is put out to the player base, more livestreams an social network stuff. He also mentioned a change to the forums a one point. Thank you perfect world so much....

p.s. no hatred towards smirk or trendy as they have other commitments as well as stuff to do for 9.5, try an stay sane guys an see you on the other side.
This discussion has been closed.