test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

9.5 Confirmed for Thursday.

Comments

• jarodroto123jarodroto123 Member Posts: 1,337 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    a tribble minigun?

i was thinking more like a Full Auto rilfe, you activate it and it just spews em everywhere
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i was thinking more like a Full Auto rilfe, you activate it and it just spews em everywhere

Thats the party thingie from the 1'st year anniversary
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I agree. Player feedback in this game tends to be stuff along the lines of "dai plz". bleah... and people wonder why the devs don't want to talk to them.

Honestly, imho, the devs shouldn't be talking to the players. The devs should be working on the game. They should be isolated from the playerbase and not bothered by them directly. I cringe each and every time I send a PM to one of the devs.

Instead you have a community team that's versed enough in the game to answer the majority of the questions. When you get into the WAI/WAD/Bug items, you have more folks like Frost that can either answer them or send them up the food chain to get them fixed. For some of the more esoteric questions, you do have the community team collect those during the week - get them answered by the devs - and then post that weekly Q&A thing where you see the devs answering questions.

"One of questions this week was from virusdancer, and here's what gorngonzolla had to say..."

If there are pressing concerns, masses of negative feedback, etc, etc, etc - then the community team collects and passes that along as concerns the playerbase has - etc, etc, etc.

I get that Trevor is trying to reorganize things - the way he does things isn't the way Brandon did things. We'll have to see what comes of the reorganization and changes he mentioned in the podcast...
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Because that statement of theirs is one of the most two-faced (excuse me if it's not quite the apropriate term, not a native English speaker:o) things I've ever read on the forum.
    Cryptic doesn't have any 'standards' that they adhere to so far as can be seen in multiple instances of STO, but that's for another thread and we'd just derail this one if we continue.

And yes, I kinda' agree with you that these forums have turned for the worse, especially during the last year.

P.S. I've been called both a hater and a Cryptic fanboy here. :D Sometimes even in the same week. :P I'm just a dude on the internet with my own set of opinions. Sometimes I praise and sometimes I criticize Crpytic dependant on my views on what they do with STO.
    I'll admit that I've been very critical of them since D'Angelo took the helm, but that's nothing personal, just reacting on my opinions of what'd be good or bad for the game I happen to like really much.

Fair enough, I tend to fall closer to "fanboy" most of the time. I have a habit of being slightly blind to cryptic's faults sometimes. But in terms of missions like the clusters, cryptics standards when it comes to missions tend to be high as of late.
  • galadimangaladiman Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    I'm just a dude on the internet...

My first thought: That's exactly what a Terminator would say.

Carp! A Termisgfdrb V
    Please reconsider ARC. Please make it optional, at the least. PLEASE.
    It seems the vast majority of your most active players (forum regulars) hate the idea... and while that's a small subset of the playerbase, I think it's an important constituency.
    THE PLAYERS DO NOT WANT THIS.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    galadiman wrote: »
    My first thought: That's exactly what a Terminator would say.

Carp! A Termisgfdrb V

Come with me if you want to lift! :D :P
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,521 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sunfrancks wrote: »
    Probably trying to release it under a hush hush. It could potentially be the worst update to ever hit the game.
    I think id want to keep it quiet too, although I do think that will be worse than releasing it properly...

They drop it Thursday, the forums explode on Friday, then they're off for the weekend.
    They don't get as much dung on them when it hits the fan. - Sorry that was graphic :P

So is this related to why they haven't announced the lock box key sale too?
    A new forum tactic ? Hit and run.
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hopefully the folks that already voiced their concerns will just quietly /popcorn, thinking to themselves "I told you so...", "You were warned.", and the like. Nah, it's the forums, that won't happen, take the extra couple days off.

The doffing UI change alone will probably get a warm welcome... torches and pitchforks warm, but still warm :P

I just going get a lot of popcorn, ice cream, and candy and watch the forums burn up!
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    I see their MO hasn't changed. Release broken and painfully grindy content. Monetize the hell out of it and cash grab from kiddies with OCD who must " haz dem shinnie! "

When all rational players reject it and the well dries out they might decide to fix it. That is to say " this content doesn't meet our standard of quality. So we are removing it"

Rinse and repeat!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • whatinblueblazeswhatinblueblazes Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just going get a lot of popcorn, ice cream, and candy and watch the forums burn up!

Just going to leave this here...
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why are people still harping on the whole "not up to standards" thing. Honestly they were terrible missions IMO and deserved to be axed. Cryptics new standards are honestly, pretty great, all you need to do is look at the last few missions. And IMO whats not up to standards are not the forums, it is the people in them who provide uncontructive feedback driving the Devs away. (nothing against you personally, i havent seen enough of your posts to make that judgement)

also, if you actually read more than just a few words in the posters post that you were quoting, he was talking about the web page.. not the missions. lol..
    edited July 2014
    puttenham wrote: »
    also, if you actually read more than just a few words in the posters post that you were quoting, he was talking about the web page.. not the missions. lol..

He was referencing the part of the dev blog about clusters where they said they were not up to standards, as well as the information being presented on twitter instead of the forums. I responded to both points
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • malkarrismalkarris Member Posts: 797 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @Razorwalker Not today. Our regularly scheduled blog got pushed back 1 day becasue it had soooo much awesome to build image assets for :)

Really? So is patch day still tomorrow, and you are just releasing the blog the same day, or is patch day being pushed back for the "awesome" in this blog?
    Joined September 2011
    Nouveau riche LTS member
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So we will get the Newsblog two hours after Servers are (hopefully) back tomorrow?
    Isn't that a little late?
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    malkarris wrote: »
    Really? So is patch day still tomorrow, and you are just releasing the blog the same day, or is patch day being pushed back for the "awesome" in this blog?

What I'm guessing is that we'll be getting what has been advertised as "season 9.5" tomorrow with "awesome build images" of an upcoming feature that'll release separately at some point in the near future (ie. before season 10.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So - crafting in Beta, DoFFing in Alpha with NO sort options. YAY RELEASE!!!
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So - crafting in Beta, DoFFing in Alpha with NO sort options. YAY RELEASE!!!

exactly... in good ole cryptic fashion.. this also means the servers will be jelly tomorrow too.. cause nothing works right..

lol..
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    poorly executed, poorly released, poorly kept up, poorly left the community notified.

by all accounts it hasnt already been released yet and its already a disaster of a start.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So tired of these twitter BS, not everyone does twitter. Not everyone use Facebook. You have official forums, use them.
    edited July 2014

*facepalm*

So they'll release an update that refer to as "Season" (even if it's just .5 version) without any announcement via the game's official information resources? LOL :D

I have no idea why they started with all of the .5 season shtick. Is it just for marketing? PR? Yeah, if they want negative PR it seems.
    Why don't they just release the seasons and just add the stuff they left for later over time on regular patch days? What's the point of having Season 9.5 if 90% (if not more dependant on what percentage you give the forums) of your playerbase has no idea that it's happening tomorrow?

Cryptic, what's wrong with you lately? :confused:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • valenn1valenn1 Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If this is the new way to "communicate" with us,
    to treat us like Mushrooms (keep us in the dark and fed us with ... you know...),
    thank you, i don't think that is the way most players want to be treated.

Please don't follow that path further.

(Edit: wow, the first update without official patchnotes)
    Beta, LTA, CE, Multiple preorder Versions, all Addon Packs except AoY, nearly all KDF/Rom and ~50% of all Fedships, over 25 LockboxShips, Endurer of Atari's "Year of Hell", but...
    unfortunately:

NOT LOYAL ENOUGH!!!
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's nice to see that, in order to keep informed about game releases and other news, I will no longer have to check the forums, instead I'll just have to follow all Crypic personnel on Twitter. Makes things so much easier, and it's so much more the logical thing to do.

/Sarcasm.
  • rakija879rakija879 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So when is the season 10 and the winter event coming?
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, I guess the "WIP" Doff UI that they claimed was in an 'Alpha state' is pretty much going in as is (Oh, that's right they changed the names on a couple of the UI buttons; but IGNORED 99% of the rest of the feedback given) -- I honestly thought this would be the case as it's the way Cryptic has patched and updated STO since 2009 closed beta.

So, remember you new folks - 'Alpha' = 'Eventually Live with cosmetic changes' at best. Captain Gekko strikes again.
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »

Keep checking that twitter.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rakija879 wrote: »

next summer is the winter event, or wait it happened 6 months earlier, but how can that be when the dev blogs just came up, and what about risa??

wanted to use a dark grey color for this:

season 10 will be out before years end according to earlier information, winter will likely be out weeks before the 25th of dec and finish sometime mid jan the start of next year.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So tired of these twitter BS, not everyone does twitter. Not everyone use Facebook. You have official forums, use them.

Even less people use video game forums. If you're going to drop a word in via ANY channel the most popular social media outlets are problem the way to go. That may not specifically include you but then again if you're on the forums you tend to pick this stuff up anyway (since its easy enough to create a post of your own and link off to the other sources. See. this thread.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited July 2014
    Even less people use video game forums. If you're going to drop a word in via ANY channel the most popular social media outlets are problem the way to go. That may not specifically include you but then again if you're on the forums you tend to pick this stuff up anyway (since its easy enough to create a post of your own and link off to the other sources. See. this thread.)

Them sharing info via their private Tweeter, Facebook or whatever accounts is not the problem here. Not sharing that same info via the game's official venues for information, however, is a big problem.
    I don't reember any MMO I've ever played to release a season without announcing it via the official venues. Frankly, this is beyond dumb.
    HQroeLu.jpg
This discussion has been closed.