test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

9.5 Confirmed for Thursday.

Comments

• captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow. Shots are being fired in this thread over the lack of a blog entry? Do I hear the echoing cries of a thousand butts hurting?

Having said that, I ain't signing up for Twitter. I've avoided it this long for a reason, and I'm not about to let that 144-character monster swallow me whole.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    True, you can't say anything bad about the new outfits. Lockboxes, well can't exactly celebrate at those things, but the contents inside looked rather interesting. Though buying off the exchange will be troublesome now that they nerfed EC drops.

Are EC drops really that much of a money maker for you guys? They're the basis of material wealth in this game but even working with the current supply of cash it isn't that hard to make a enough EC for the accessible lock box equipment from the academy doff assignments, let alone even a nerfed junk item income. You'll [practically] never make it to ship territory, but how much trouble are we really expecting at the low end with the equipment cost update (especially considering that other parts of the game [ie. crafting materials, which is certainly accessible] are probably going to see qutie a lot of inflation over the next few weeks at least)?
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow. Shots are being fired in this thread over the lack of a blog entry? Do I hear the echoing cries of a thousand butts hurting?

Having said that, I ain't signing up for Twitter. I've avoided it this long for a reason, and I'm not about to let that 144-character monster swallow me whole.
    Pretty much. that and it's hard to say which Thursday...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Do I hear the echoing cries of a thousand butts hurting?
    Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing, considering that it doesn't come with the overwhelming smell usually associated with a thousand butts sounding off.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are EC drops really that much of a money maker for you guys? They're the basis of material wealth in this game but even working with the current supply of cash it isn't that hard to make a enough EC for the accessible lock box equipment from the academy doff assignments. You'll [practically] never make it to ship territory, but how much trouble are we really expecting at the low end with the equipment cost update (especially considering that other parts of the game [ie. crafting materials] are probably going to see qutie a lot of inflation over the next few weeks)?

Look man, I'll speak for myself.

I don't go out farming for drops in Foundry farm missions nor out in Patrols. I depended on the Shield, Engine, and Deflector DOFF misisons for regular income to fund my having to spend millions of EC every day for Commodities for the Starbase Grind. So that someday my tier 3 fleet may get to Tier 5.

Now that income is gone and now I have to add EC grinding to Dilithum Grinding, Fleet Mark Grinding and now the Crafting grinding. And then repeat this for multiple characters. That turns STO is nothing but a job! And to boot, EC is likely going to now go to Crafting Materials sold on the Exchange for insane ammounts, because Cryptic thinks it's fun to go do Elite Queued events all the time.

This is one of the main reasons why 9.5 pisses me off. The other is them ruining the DOFF UI and turning Crafting into another Reputation grind.
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you think about it, every MMORPG is in beta, subscription or not, because everything is changing, tweaked, balances made, etc.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    chiyoumiku wrote: »
    If you think about it, every MMORPG is in beta, subscription or not, because everything is changing, tweaked, balances made, etc.

Modern civilization is in Beta.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • rezkingrezking Member Posts: 1,109 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »
    My body is though.

I don't know if this should be trolled or if we should be mashing the report button...
    NO to ARC
    RIP KDF and PvP 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rezking wrote: »
    I don't know if this should be trolled or if we should be mashing the report button...
    Did I say something wrong...? :(
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iconians wrote: »
    Modern civilization is in Beta.

I'd have gone with modern civilization has been in maintenance mode and is waiting for the next release to come along to replace it. ;)
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Again they can choose whatever resources they have available. They aren't obligated to use the forums simply because they have them. That's simply your expectation, or to be a bit more elaborate your convention. Furthermore the issue here seems to be one of timing. 9.5 has not been released yet, we've simply passed beyond the point where blogs are customarily given. At the very least we can still expect a little blurb stating "9.5 is here!" when you log in following the patch tomorrow. Perhaps you wanted more anticipation, more chance to hype (lol), but again Cryptic doesn't have to engage in any in-anticipation PR schemes (ie. saying this is when to expect it) if they don't want to. You may have other preferences, but just keep it at that.

Yes, no one will know about the season update after tomorrow. They'll skip the inevitable announcement page on the launcher, waltz by the in-game prompt, and just flip when they see the new crafting system.

Assuming for the moment that anyone will make it all the way to crafting without being forwarned at every half-mile mark, what's the problem? If cryptic just lets this update slide in, as they shipped a few other updates in the past as well (I seem to recall S6 sneaking up on us), is it going to hurt anyone? Is it going to cause players to tip over their computer in rage and disgust because NO ONE TOLD THEM WHEN IT WAS COMING. Nope, at worst you might get "what the hell is this?" or more probably "huh..." A moment of confusion and they'll probably work it out for themselves.

Where's the drama? Where's the failure (taking your made-up numbers at face value)? Its in your imagination.

Indefensible, unprofessional, you're throwing around quite a lot because the news isn't coming in as timely a fashion as you'd like. At the very least that's being anal but I'll just say you're projecting an unreasonably high standard onto cryptic (given again that much bigger things have come from even personal twitter accounts and still spread successfully) so you can have this minute or so of indignancy. Take a step back and consider what the practial effects of even a last minute, one sentence, "it's here!" update will be. Will it hurt the consumer? No, they'll simply get something they didn't expect. If that's pain to you, if that's even just an inconvenience, you need to live more.

Look dude, what you fail, or better said don't want to understand on purpose is that my expectations in terms of this were formed by Cryptic themselves over a long time playing STO. They are stepping away from their usual, established and proven to be functional way of handling things like anouncements, releaseas, etc. I didn't make this up from thin air. Cryptic has changed the way they operate to the worse and I'm just calling them out on it.

If they wanted to slip updates below the radar, then why the hell did they decide to start making .5 Season releases in 2014. They could have just continued releasing seasons and put the ongoing updates to them in regular patches. The fact that they started hyping S8.5!, S9.5! doesn't go well with your assumption here. The cold hard fact is that someone or someones is/are not doing their job very well around here.

Maybe you're ok with the game's quality decreasing, but that doesn't mean others have to conform. I've seen you around in threads trying to justify and defend any and every stupid decision Cryptic has made lately, including the missing graphics of space weapons I mentioned before.
    If you want to be a blind Crpytic fanboy, more power to you. See if I care. Just don't try to justify something that is obviously flawed. Say that you love it all you like, but don't try to convince people that they are wrong by not accepting sub-par service and similar TRIBBLE.

Anyway, I'm done with you here. You can reply if you want....or not, I'm stopping this because bluegeek asked us to.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    Lol this thread is full of sooo much hate... It's just plain hilarious...
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not really caring about what's in 9.5, that's not why I want the blogs. I want to know about what is in the new lock box and the states of the ships.

Pretty much this...it ticks my ocd not to have the dev blog schedule from pretty much every other lockbox followed. I may be the anomoly, but having a day or 2 to look over the stats and think about that shiny new console actually make me more tempted to try opening a few boxes (although I know that that reward mechanism in my brain is a fault in the human physiology) :rolleyes:
  • pweistheworstpweistheworst Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I love how the latest Tribble update was more about raising the cost of fleet and reputation weapons (so people will be more motivated to spend time in the game crafting) instead of fixing the many bugs and addressing complaints from the players who are testing the new crafting/doff system on Tribble.

:rolleyes:

It would be bad enough that the cost of good gear is going up, but combine the price hike for fleet/reputation gear with the messed up crafting/doff system (unless it is magically fixed in less than 24 hours) and you have a recipe for Trek nerd rage far worse than the typical nerd rage around here.

EDIT/UPDATE: It looks like the devs are already backtracking a bit on the pricing changes from what was initially posted in the Tribble update/patch notes
    In the immortal words of Captain Sisko: "It may not be what you believe, but that doesn't make it wrong."

Don't believe the lies in this forum. I am NOT an ARC user. I play STO on Steam or not at all.
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Look dude, what you fail, or better said don't want to understand on purpose is that my expectations in terms of this were formed by Cryptic themselves over a long time playing STO. They are stepping away from their usual, established and proven to be functional way of handling things like anouncements, releaseas, etc. I didn't make this up from thin air. Cryptic has changed the way they operate to the worse and I'm just calling them out on it.

If they wanted to slip updates below the radar, then why the hell did they decide to start making .5 Season releases in 2014. They could have just continued releasing seasons and put the ongoing updates to them in regular patches. The fact that they started hyping S8.5!, S9.5! doesn't go well with your assumption here. The cold hard fact is that someone or someones is/are not doing their job very well around here.

Maybe you're ok with the game's quality decreasing, but that doesn't mean others have to conform. I've seen you around in threads trying to justify and defend any and every stupid decision Cryptic has made lately, including the missing graphics of space weapons I mentioned before.
    If you want to be a blind Crpytic fanboy, more power to you. See if I care. Just don't try to justify something that is obviously flawed. Say that you love it all you like, but don't try to convince people that they are wrong by not accepting sub-par service and similar TRIBBLE.

Anyway, I'm done with you here. You can reply if you want....or not, I'm stopping this because bluegeek asked us to.

What was the point in getting the last word in after someone asked you to stop? I don't think such a request offered room for childish mudslinging from the other side of the fence.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    if crafting not coming tomorrow what point of season 9.5 if all its going to be is a uniform update sorry that not even half a season thats just a patch
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    macronius wrote: »
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • tekehdtekehd Member Posts: 2,032 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Um, isn't every day STO complaints day? Its not as if people are merely providing feedback in direct response the to particular issues they encounter...:P

Indeed, but for those who do not likeSTO complaints day, we have set aside the fifth Tuesday in Juvember to be STO complaint-free day.
  • tobiashirttobiashirt Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    True, you can't say anything bad about the new outfits. Lockboxes, well can't exactly celebrate at those things, but the contents inside looked rather interesting. Though buying off the exchange will be troublesome now that they nerfed EC drops.

Contents? other than some images from a google search and the twitter posts in this thread? Quantifiable stuff?
    edited July 2014
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »

Am I the only one who remembers Season 1.2?

Minor releases are nothing new.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
  • daan2006daan2006 Member Posts: 5,346 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers Season 1.2?

Minor releases are nothing new.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=160617 ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    swimwear off risa not fixed
    system Lord Baal is dead
    This! Their ability to outdo their own failures is quite impressive. If only this power could be harnessed for good.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

There you go. It's official as official gets.

Lot of material there... it'll be interesting.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited July 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    There you go. It's official as official gets.

Lot of material there... it'll be interesting.

Psst Bluegeek... plz close this thread now... plz... I'm begging you... :'(
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Not sure why people are so excited about this? The dilithium cost increases alone make this the worst update yet. Add to aids functional GUI and fundamentally flawed crafting system and you have the trifecta of travesty. Only Cryptic could succeed so brilliantly at failure!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not sure why people are so excited about this? The dilithium cost increases alone make this the worst update yet. Add to aids functional GUI and fundamentally flawed crafting system and you have the trifecta of travesty. Only Cryptic could succeed so brilliantly at failure!

...It was a bug actually. They've gone down in price.
    edited July 2014

Again it was a bug, dilithium prices where meant to go down...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18024161&postcount=24

Check your new thread too... I posted the same thing in it...
  • macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Again it was a bug, dilithium prices where meant to go down...

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=18024161&postcount=24

Check your new thread too... I posted the same thing in it...

2 out of 3 ... Still makes this a bad update. I don't believe this was a bug for a second. I think they were genuinely afraid of the player response.
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • hyplhypl Member Posts: 3,719 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    2 out of 3 ... Still makes this a bad update. I don't believe this was a bug for a second. I think they were genuinely afraid of the player response.

Of course it was a bug. This is Cryptic QA we're talking about, after all... :P
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Pricing rebalance for Reputation and Fleet items:
    • Fleet Advanced Gear is 10,000 Dilithium for Space items.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear is 3,750 Dilithium for Ground items.
    • Fleet Elite Gear is 15,000 Dilithium for Space items.
    • Fleet Elite Gear is 5,000 Dilithium for Ground items.
    • For all Fleet gear, the Dilithium prices are in addition to the required amount of fleet credits for each item.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear is 22,500 Dilitihum for Space items.
    • Fleet Advanced Gear is 7,500 Dilithium for Ground items.
    • Fleet Elite Gear is 32,400 Dilithium for Space Items.
    • Fleet Elite Gear is 10,800 Dilithium for Ground Items in addition to fleet credits in all cases of fleet gear.

Um, so which is the correct set of values...?
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
    edited July 2014
    Um, so which is the correct set of values...?
This discussion has been closed.