test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

9.5 Confirmed for Thursday.

Comments

• royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thursday, eh? Guess that means I won't be able to play from home for the next month, just like every 'update' since LoR. Oh well, at least they've always gotten around to fixing it eventually...
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • killdozer9211killdozer9211 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Anyone know if we at least get release notes tonight?
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
  • willamsheridanwillamsheridan Member Posts: 1,189 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No idea if my post got deleted or if i am overlooking it

Will kit Vendors start selling very rare Mk XI and XII Kit modules? The prices on the Exchange are exploding (4 Mil for a quantum mortar) and with the Assiilated Mission you need a lot of luck to get a useful reward.
  • anazondaanazonda Member Posts: 8,399 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well... Theres a limit to what they can tell about upcoming content... Especially Since they've already told everything there is to tell about 9.5
    Don't look silly... Don't call it the "Z-Store/Zen Store"...
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
    Like Duty Officers? Support effords to gather ideas
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    No idea if my post got deleted or if i am overlooking it

Will kit Vendors start selling very rare Mk XI and XII Kit modules? The prices on the Exchange are exploding (4 Mil for a quantum mortar) and with the Assiilated Mission you need a lot of luck to get a useful reward.

Just read the pa..tch.. nevermind.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is old news anyways from other threads which im assuming a lot of people have already seen, i havent because i wont touch twitter, not for any reason.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • z3ndor99z3ndor99 Member Posts: 1,391 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yay!! Its coming tomorrow.... its not ready.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014

/eye twitch

No new blog, no official announcement that 9.5 is coming tomorrow and we still have farting around on Twitter.

rakija879 wrote: »
    So when is the season 10 and the winter event coming?

Winter Event is surely going to be like it's always been, the last few weeks of November.

Season 10, who knows. Maybe February or March. Expansion 2 is next and that's somewhere between September and November.

Well, I guess the "WIP" Doff UI that they claimed was in an 'Alpha state' is pretty much going in as is (Oh, that's right they changed the names on a couple of the UI buttons; but IGNORED 99% of the rest of the feedback given) -- I honestly thought this would be the case as it's the way Cryptic has patched and updated STO since 2009 closed beta.

So, remember you new folks - 'Alpha' = 'Eventually Live with cosmetic changes' at best. Captain Gekko strikes again.

Yeah, so much for "testing", right? Just throw out what you got and let the players test it for you.

All I will say is that UI is the worst thing I seen in years. It's absolutely terrible. Why they had to go messing around with something that wasn't broke! Nobody was complaining about the DOFF UI!
  • tucana66tucana66 Member Posts: 710 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Them sharing info via their private Tweeter, Facebook or whatever accounts is not the problem here. Not sharing that same info via the game's official venues for information, however, is a big problem.
    I don't reember any MMO I've ever played to release a season without announcing it via the official venues. Frankly, this is beyond dumb.
    shpoks, you're tempting me to undelete/repost my rant from last night on this very topic. Very agreed, although I still think personal posts shouldn't have been made.
  • jimqqijimqqi Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    this is old news anyways from other threads which im assuming a lot of people have already seen, i havent because i wont touch twitter, not for any reason.

The blog part is new and people were wondering why they aren't out today.
    edited July 2014
    I'm not really caring about what's in 9.5, that's not why I want the blogs. I want to know about what is in the new lock box and the states of the ships.
  • flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Especially Since they've already told everything there is to tell about 9.5
    Really? Unless I am mistaken, we know only four things;

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

Surely there is more to 9.5 than just this?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • rinksterrinkster Member Posts: 3,549 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tucana66 wrote: »
    shpoks, you're tempting me to undelete/repost my rant from last night on this very topic. Very agreed, although I still think personal posts shouldn't have been made.

It's regrettable in the extreme that no announcements have been made on these fora to confirm or expand on the CMs recent tweets.

Extremely unprofessional, in my view.
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flash525 wrote: »

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

Um Number 2 should read:

2) Star Cluster Removal:D
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited July 2014

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp (If by "Revamp", you mean "Removal"?)
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

Nope... that's it...

Also, technically (at least to my knowlege) they havn't announced a Xindi lockbox?
    Let me put the rumors to rest: it's definitely still the C-Store (Cryptic Store) It just takes ZEN.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

Well there is that [REDACTED] that's rumored to be out in August. I guess that might account being part of 9.5.

But overall 9.5 is not ready and them forcing a system that nobody likes, pure genius Cryptic.
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    z3ndor99 wrote: »
    Yay!! Its coming tomorrow.... its not ready.
    At least the blogs will be.
  • sle1989sle1989 Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

They haven't even officially announced the new lockbox in a blog like they usually do. When the Undine box came out there were a couple blogs, one saying what was in the box and another saying what the stats for the ships were.
    y1arXbh.png

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    shpoks wrote: »
    Them sharing info via their private Tweeter, Facebook or whatever accounts is not the problem here. Not sharing that same info via the game's official venues for information, however, is a big problem.
    I don't reember any MMO I've ever played to release a season without announcing it via the official venues. Frankly, this is beyond dumb.

No, its simply "a sign of the times." A games "official venue" may mean a lot to you but only in so far as it represents an idea, the "central spot" around which all information must gather. That's not a requirement, hell I've seen a lot of things over the years have their first official announcemtn over some bit of social media. That doesn't often include games, since those do generally maintain in-house community websites, but none the less a developer doesn't have to use it if they don't want to. Its just a convention and as with any other arbitrary social compromise they can break it if they so wish.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited July 2014
    They can post all they want to their private twatter and mybook and facespace and all that stuff. I'm not against that, but they should not be the only means of communicating important game information.
    edited July 2014
    Well there is that [REDACTED] that's rumored to be out in August. I guess that might account being part of 9.5.

But overall 9.5 is not ready and them forcing a system that nobody likes, pure genius Cryptic.

By definition, it's really just a part of Season 9...

X.5 seasons is just the "We wanted this to be in from the beginning, but didn have time for it".
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

Nope, that is about it.

At least nothing else is on Tribble and there is no new FE, apparently.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thursday, huh? Was kinda expecting it.

I might want to avoid the forums until Monday.
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2014

1) Crafting Revamp
    2) Star Cluster Revamp
    3) New Standard Uniforms
    4) Xindi Lock Box

I would imagine so too, but we are making the assumption that season 9.5 is coming in a single update. We could be getting 1-4 tomorrow with a surprise 5 hitting at some point before the start of season 10.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    edited July 2014
    Guys... Their focus is on Expansion 2... Not some half way season...

You should probably get used to the thought that there won't be any real content (or at least extremely small amounts) for quite some time.
    edited July 2014
    anazonda wrote: »
    Nope... that's it...

Also, technically (at least to my knowlege) they havn't announced a Xindi lockbox?

Technically they haven't announced 9.5 either.
    edited July 2014
    Technically they haven't announced 9.5 either.

O'Rly?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/5007693

Do your research...

Edit: And btw... That took me 15 seconds to find, and I had to go through the menu to find it.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Thread merge. We really don't need two different threads about this, guys.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
    edited July 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Thread merge. We really don't need two different threads about this, guys.

But... But... Bluegeek... But...
This discussion has been closed.