test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

9.5 Confirmed for Thursday.

Comments

• macroniusmacronius Member Posts: 2,526
    edited July 2014
    Um, so which is the correct set of values...?

And it is an increase. Another dilithium sink. Jesus H Christ ... I swear Cryptic you are going "straight to the hot place"!
    "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

- Judge Aaron Satie
  • breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Ah, thanks. Kind of surprised they didn't use the "normalization" to raise the prices on everything not crafting, but pleasantly so. Still...
    UI:
    • The Duty Officer UI has been updated.
    • The R&D School progress has been added to the Overview page in a button next to Commendation progress.
    • The Current Map and Personal assignment tab’s updates were made to match the style of the new R&D system.
    • Assignments listed will display more clearly the results and required components to complete the assignment.
    • The In Progress and Completed tabs updates were also made to match the style of the new R&D system.
    • Assignments listed will display more clearly the results and required components to complete the assignment.
    • A new View Details button for projects In Progress more easily shows all the information for each assignment.
    • Functionally, the options work the same as in the past.
    ...is too bad they stuck with that doffing UI. At least it could've been optional, rather than... that.
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    ...is too bad they stuck with that doffing UI. At least it could've been optional, rather than... that.

• breadandcircusesbreadandcircuses Member Posts: 2,355 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Oh, that much we knew from Tribble responses. It still means we lack the same functionality and efficiency we had before; even once the missing features go live you'll still have less useful information available at a glance... and a lot more "clickyness" if you want to actually alter any pre-selections. Thus my wish for it being an optional UI format, rather than... that. ;)
    Ym9x9Ji.png
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    I do not like Geko ether.
    iconians wrote: »
    With each passing day I wonder if I stepped into an alternate reality. The Cubs win the world series. Donald Trump is President. Britain leaves the EU. STO gets a dedicated PvP season. Engineers are "out of control" in STO.​​
  • vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Laughing.

and So many thought the 9.5 update on Tribble was the Alpha version. Oops. It's actually the live version.

In all it's, glory!

Watching the forum burn up tomorrow!
  • generalmocogeneralmoco Member Posts: 1,634
    edited July 2014
    Laughing.

and So many thought the 9.5 update on Tribble was the Alpha version. Oops. It's actually the live version.

In all it's, glory!

Watching the forum burn up tomorrow!
    It is Alpha dude... It's supposed to take from now till Season 12 and beyond to be fully done... with all the features the devs have in mind... did you not listen to the podcast???

Oh no i'm sorry I forgot everyone in the forums had a rage against 3rd party websites.. well then...
  • orangeitisorangeitis Member Posts: 5,222 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was the alpha version. It evolved into the live version.
    edited July 2014
    orangeitis wrote: »

You call what on Tribble good enough to be live. I'm laughing to the bank.

I'm betting a few hundred raging pissed off forum messages by end day Thursday.
    edited July 2014
    It is Alpha dude... It's supposed to take from now till Season 12 and beyond to be fully done... with all the features the devs have in mind... did you not listen to the podcast???

Oh no i'm sorry I forgot everyone in the forums had a rage against 3rd party websites.. well then...

Alpha, right.

The most awful UI to date. If the UI is a sign of the future, it's starting at a bad note. Also, the removal of content is a great start too.
  • gofasternowgofasternow Member Posts: 1,390 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Where have you been? We've been having a few hundred raging pissed off forum messages a day.
  • azurianstarazurianstar Member Posts: 6,985 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Na. To Cryptic, Alpha is also the same as Live. And fixing down the road is Beta (see Foundry).

This is all one massive Zero Test, where we are really working out the flaws for STO2. :P
    edited July 2014

Players will rage no matter what.
    Na. To Cryptic, Alpha is also the same as Live. And fixing down the road is Beta (see Foundry).
    Can you demonstrate that? Because I don't think I can accept such a radical claim.
    edited July 2014
    Where have you been? We've been having a few hundred raging pissed off forum messages a day.

I know. I think it's going double like tomorrow after the patch. I'm betting maybe triple in the several hundreds.
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wait, so I can't send the DOffs that I want on a mission and have to use the ones they "recommend"? Well that'll be annoying, I like the way it is now. Those that don't want to micromanage can use the recommended where those that like having the control can do so.
    edited July 2014
    Players will rage no matter what.

Can you demonstrate that? Because I don't think I can accept such a radical claim.

Are you serious? Gateway is still Alpha. Oh yeah! Genesis was still left in a alpha state, oh, they are removing exploration clusters basically Genesis.

Do you really think the crafting system going be any different?

Frankly, Cryptic is monetization to the extreme. They extended several monetization dilithium, master key, and other life time subscriptions.

So, I'm betting Cryptic is milking Star Trek Online players for all their money. While they do that.

1) They will be removing content for Star Trek Online to make it a more mobile or console pew pew game with monetization mechanics. (That's already started.)

2) Direct Star Trek Online players to other Cryptic games that's already monetizad. (That's already started.)

3) Cease major development to areas that need fixing(even areas that's not broken). (That's already started)

Solution 1 - Exploit Foundry developers to make content while Cryptic profits. (Already started. Approved by you already).

Cryptic is losing computer based players. So I can bet they are trying to steer players to more mobile based games or games that can be mobile based.
  • captainzheicaptainzhei Member Posts: 203 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Are you serious? Gateway is still Alpha. Oh yeah! Genesis was still left in a alpha state, oh, they are removing exploration clusters basically Genesis.

Frankly, Cryptic is monetization to the extreme. They extended several monetization dilithium, master key, and other life time subscriptions.

So, I'm betting Cryptic is milking Star Trek Online players for all their money. While they do that.

1) They will be removing content for Star Trek Online to make it a more mobile or console pew pew game with monetization mechanics. (That's already started.)

2) Direct Star Trek Online players to other Cryptic games that's already monetizad. (That's already started.)

3) Cease major development to areas that need fixing(even areas that's not broken). (That's already started)

Solution 1 - Exploit Foundry developers to make content while Cryptic profits. (Already started. Approved by you already).

Cryptic is losing computer based players. So I can bet they are trying to steer players to more mobile based games or games that can be mobile based.

1: Do you realize how much content would have to be removed to make STO even remotely feasible for mobile devices? That would include a full downgrade of all the graphics and a total overhaul of the engine to be able to run on phones and tablets.

2: Where is the evil in promoting other games made by the same company?

3: Sol System had a major facelift, as did Drozana. New sectors have been added in the last 18 months, as well as several new Feature episodes.

I don't understand where you're getting your information from.
    ==========================================
    Captaincy, Excelsior-Class U.S.S. Bianca Beauchamp NCC-99947-F

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wait, so I can't send the DOffs that I want on a mission and have to use the ones they "recommend"? Well that'll be annoying, I like the way it is now. Those that don't want to micromanage can use the recommended where those that like having the control can do so.

You can still send who you want is what I am reading, it's jsut easier to get the best crit success doffs now. Originally it did not do that.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • tilarium1979tilarium1979 Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    You can still send who you want is what I am reading, it's jsut easier to get the best crit success doffs now. Originally it did not do that.

Glad I misread that post. I honestly don't give a TRIBBLE about crafting, was never fun for me in this game. I rarely craft in any game, honestly. So I don't care about the crafting changes. This was going to be my big complaint tomorrow, now I'll have to find something else. Haven't seen the new UI, been reading that it's TRIBBLE, so maybe that! LOL
    edited July 2014
    3: Sol System had a major facelift, as did Drozana. New sectors have been added in the last 18 months, as well as several new Feature episodes.

A battlezone is not a sector. A sector has planets, stars, nebulas, and space through.

Not a Undine or Dyson pew-pew persistent zone! You really considers those space sectors?? Please tell me what you are ... (Self-moderation)
  • commodoreshrvkcommodoreshrvk Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The crafting system is so far from being a deep functioning system and the DOFF UI is a travesty at the moment. I will say that the devs do listen, but whether they take action on what the community says is greatly up for debate. See you all for expansion 2 because 9.5 is so far off the mark of what i would even want to play...

P.S. to just say in your notes that the, "Duty Officer UI has been Updated" really understates what has happened to the UI. Retrograded might be a better term.
    edited July 2014
    Are you serious?
    Of course I am.
    Gateway is still Alpha.
    Yes, because they haven't had the tech to update it yet. Geko confirmed that will change though, however. Besides, so what? That doesn't have anything to do with R&D.
    Oh yeah! Genesis was still left in a alpha state, oh, they are removing exploration clusters basically Genesis.
    Again, so what?
    Well considering that it is different now(as in it changed a lot since the alpha version nearly a month ago), yes I do.

Cryptic is a business. They need to make money to keep the game running and provide salaries to their employees. It's hardly "milking Star Trek Online players for all their money", as nothing in the game except subscription bonuses requires players to spend any money at all. They're not extreme about it at all. No P2W at all in this game. If you wanna play a P2W game, play Flyff or PWI. STO's monetization is tame compared to those games.
    They have? Where? How?
    Wait what?
    But they haven't. They're still working on a lot of areas and have implemented updates for many game features. The crafting update being the most glaringly obvious one as of recently. The exploration cluster removal was specifically to get rid of content that wasn't on par with the rest of the game so they could replace it with a new system. Your claim makes no sense when examining facts.
    That's not an exploit. That's benefiting Foundry content creators and players alike. It's a mutually beneficial method.
    Games lose players all the time. But it's also important to take into account players that are joining and staying.
    edited July 2014
    Of course I am.

Yes, because they haven't had the tech to update it yet. Geko confirmed that will change though, however. Besides, so what? That doesn't have anything to do with R&D.

Again, so what?

Well considering that it is different now(as in it changed a lot since the alpha version nearly a month ago), yes I do.

Cryptic is a business. They need to make money to keep the game running and provide salaries to their employees. It's hardly "milking Star Trek Online players for all their money", as nothing in the game except subscription bonuses requires players to spend any money at all. They're not extreme about it at all. No P2W at all in this game. If you wanna play a P2W game, play Flyff or PWI. STO's monetization is tame compared to those games.

They have? Where? How?

Wait what?

But they haven't. They're still working on a lot of areas and have implemented updates for many game features. The crafting update being the most glaringly obvious one as of recently. The exploration cluster removal was specifically to get rid of content that wasn't on par with the rest of the game so they could replace it with a new system. Your claim makes no sense when examining facts.

That's not an exploit. That's benefiting Foundry content creators and players alike. It's a mutually beneficial method.

Games lose players all the time. But it's also important to take into account players that are joining and staying.

Know what. Don't respond to any of my post, live in your happy, foundry self-promotion land.
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bluegeek wrote: »
    Am I the only one who remembers Season 1.2?

Minor releases are nothing new.

Man, that's ancient! :eek:

In my defense, I've been playing since 2011 so I missed that one. Still, my point kinda' stands because since I've been playing STO, which is around 3 years by now, the practice of releasing .5 season releases was not present until the beginning of this year.
    And also the point stands because if we take the assumption that Cryptic wanted to do the update quietly without any announcements for real, then calling the thing S9.5 in a blog is a bit redundant.
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Know what. Don't respond to any of my post, live in your happy, foundry self-promotion land.

Translation: I can't argue with you so I'm going to insult you, stick my fingers in my ears and yell la la la
    edited July 2014
    belidos wrote: »
    Translation: I can't argue with you so I'm going to insult you, stick my fingers in my ears and yell la la la

Not even that. I don't want to argue with someone who can't form some basis on agreement. Even if the agreement is that we disagree.

I just know what Foundry missions not to play.
  • bluegeekbluegeek Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Time to close this thread, I think... it is now redundant and obsolete.
    My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. You can file a "forums and website" support ticket here
    Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
This discussion has been closed.