test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    T'Lera: How intense does forging stuff like this get?

Reashe: We could have used ship weaponry but it would spoil the hunt, no challenge with killing something with turbolasers. But it would definitely result in less injuries...

Clea: Are we cooking the Krayt? Or something else?

Janri: Val, I'm not too sure about fighting her just yet... we don't know enough about her. *She grips her hammer tighter*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    kara: it depends on what im forging. some times it can be an exhausting process.

kenzie: it was an interesting experience to say the least. *she says stepping into her station as it helps take off her armor and body suit* hmm looks like it was only the outer plating that was damaged, shields and gel layer took the brunt of the impact.

jorin: we can cook some of it but there is far more then we need.

valendria: *lets out a hiss before lowering her bolter* fine... who the hell are you then....

???: very well. i have had many names and appearances, vladislav tepes III voivode of wallachia, count dracula, and more recently alucard.

valendria: you cant be serious.... what cruel joke is this!

alucard: you refer to your father? indeed it seems the universe has a dark sense of humor daughter of dracula. while your lineage brings you natural talent in combat, the other aspects of vampirism have been left wanting, i will train you and this child. *suddenly the stranger grows a few feet taller and dawns a long red coat of victorian design with a matching wide brimmed hat to match his glasses*

valendria: *stares at alucard a well of emotions threatening to spill over inside her*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,185 Arc User
    Nick: I'm more than willing to impart my wisdom on anyone I know, all you need to do is ask and I will do my best. Hell I'd even teach Matt how to cook if he asked. But even if you don't learn I am always willing to indulge in cooking for either of you beautiful and wonderful women *he grins* Anyways dig in *he picks up a chicken drumstick, taking a big bite*

Freeman: Once everyone is on track to healing, I can get what i came here for. Everyone else is more important right now.

Briana: So, what now?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *shrugs as she starts to eat*
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Clea: I can help a bit, Mom taught me a good deal of seasoning and such. *She nods confidently* Though, this will be my first time cooking krayt.

Janri: *She wraps an arm around Val, holding her as she can tell that she's processing a lot right now, so Janri makes sure she's not along in that* If you wanted to teach us all along why did you torture me and try to ask me to kill Val?
  • Options
    kara: i could start looking for materials.

jorin: which one? i cant imagine jaessa as much of a chef....

kenzie: ok it shouldt take too long to fix

alucard: i may have gotten a bit carried away with the show.

valendria: even here you're as grandiose as ever.....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: *continues eating* so, got any interesting stories or things to talk about either of you? Questions, that sorta thing?

Freeman: what if she was the one to teach her to cook? That'd be pretty interesting to hear.

Briana: like I said, you know the material I want. I want this thing unbreakable by most conventional means. Able to stand up to lightsaber, so a bit of Beskar in the alloy wouldn't hurt.... Anything else you think would be good? It's gotta be sharp as hell too. *She smiles* sorry if I sound demanding, I'm really excited about this.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    Both Jades: Not really.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    T'Lera: Are you going to have to go to any interesting places to find them?

Clea: A bit of both. I'm not sure she'd want me spoiling anything, but your sister does enjoy her hobbies. My other mom... um she learned a lot about it in her past, she doesn't like to talk about it too much.

Rax: You can go ahead and get your pearl and whatever else you want from the body, I think we've got a handle on the injured, and the bacta tank is ready.

Janri: A little? *She sighs, crossing her arms after setting her hammer down* Damn traumatizing is what you were doing. So... what sort of teaching are you planning?
  • Options
    kara: hmm well the beskar wont be that hard to find, just have to go to where jorin is from for that, the problem is id need to make it lighter by adding something to the alloy. i can think of a few materials tho maybe mythral would work. *she looks over at t'lera* got any idea what you want for materials?

jorin: it occurs to me that i dont really know much about occulus... or jaessa for that matter.

alucard: how to be a proper vampire.
  • Options
    T'Lera: Kara I'm going to be honest, my knowledge in materials from unusual places are going to be really lacking, so I'll have to trust your judgement on what's most suitable. Anything that helps conduct or amplify my psionic potential would be nice, but beskar, mythral, a lot of these are going to be a bit... new to me.

Clea: You should try to get to know them better. They do have more depth to them than just being Sith you know. One of them even knows how to sew! *She smiles teasingly, not clarifying which one*

Janri: What's this entail? Do I need to wear red and turn into a bat?
  • Options
    Nick: ah, well damn... Should get some rest after dinner if you don't have plans before we reach DS9. Krystal, you need some guest quarters or is the couch alright? I mean we've got an empty room for when Gaia is due, but there isn't much in there right now. any other arrangements you can think of are also acceptable *he chuckles*

Freeman: *nods and leaves the ship, going to get the pearl and some krayt bones*

Briana: Mithril and Beskar alloy it is. feel free to add anything else special to it. make it hard to damage the blade. able to sustain traditional sword combat that a regular katana couldn't without shattering. like I wanna be able to drop it from orbit and pick it up the way i dropped it.... Sorry I'm exciting, this is awesome *she smiles widely*
  • Options
    kara: hmm maybe an enchantment would do for you. *she looks over at bri* i can do that.

jorin: im not really sure how.... ive been so far apart from jaessa's life.... and we didnt part on the best terms....

alucard: the red is optional, but the bat is mandatory, all vampires reguardless of rank should know how to polymorph themselves. its a simple trick really.
  • Options
    Krystal: Guest Quarters will be fine.
    Gaia: Still feel a bit like the intruder on the ship?
    Krystal: Just a bit. I just... I don't know the ship or the crew, and I feel like I don't belong because of it. And I'm too used to larger ships and their capabilities that... most of the tactics I think of won't work. On top of that, I'm an Admiral. Kinda always get the feeling of "look its the brass. Don't say anything that might offend the brass" or something like that. I just...
    Gaia: Feel like you're usurping and have no idea what your doing.
    Krystal: Pretty much.
  • Options
    T'Lera: I leave it up to your expertise.

Clea: Well you've got plenty of time to talk with her, and she did visit a bit ago when they realized I was here... *she rubs the back of her neck*

Janri: Wait, I can shapeshift too? How does it work? What can I transform into? Is it like what you did before?
  • Options
    edited April 2022
    Nick: Krystal, I assure you none of my crew feel that way. you're not an intruder, you are a guest. *he smiles warmly* and if they did feel the way you think, being a reclusive stranger wouldn't help them. Talk to them, see what they think. They're under my command but you're still in our chain of command since we're part of the taskforce you lead. and the same thing applies to not knowing about smaller ship tactics. unless you learn them, they will elude you. I am more than willing to help you learn and offer my ship and crew to meet that end. Just trust me... and moreover, trust yourself. Please.

Freeman: *still gathering what he needs*

Bri: Awessssooome! *She smiles*
  • Options
    Krystal: Still thinking of getting a Defiant at some point.
  • Options
    kara: you're really excited for this. *she says with a small chuckle* i can start looking for the materials once i get some things packed and ready.

*freeman finds a sizable pearl in the usual area of a krayt dragon.*

jorin: i guess i havnt had much cause to consider my relationship with her until recently. for evelynns sake we have been agreeable but neither of us have tried to get a better understanding of one another.... does she get any better in the future? because if im going to be brutally honest she is unable to care for children and would make a terrible mother, at least as she is now.... her volatile anger is just too dangerous to keep any small child around her for long. i want to believe that some where buried underneath all of her hatred and anger is a caring person but after seeing her do such violent things for petty reasons time and time again im not sure.... the worst of it was ripping a mans heart out for simply looking at her funny.... we would have crossed sabers then and there if it werent for evelynn's intervention.....

alucard: of course you can, you are of valendria's blood and by strange universal extensions mine as well. i almost feel obligated to take the two of you under my wing.

valendria: this is a cruel joke..... my fathers death has scarred me and weighed me down ever since i was a little girl.... yet here you are looking and acting exactly like him. *her eyes begin to well with tears* all the grandiose theatrics and display of power is exactly something he would do. you even smell like him too! *she says in a weak voice as she softly cries*
  • Options
    Nick: I am only slightly offended by that. *He chuckles*

Freeman: This will work perfectly *he takes the pearls, along with taking a few large chunks of rib bones and a Krayt fang*

Briana: Don't be gone too long *she smiles* use time f**kery if you gotta. *she giggles*
  • Options
    T'Lera: I'm sure we can find something to do. *She does wonder just how long some of these materials might take to find, imagining the kind of places you might find beskar for instance*

Clea: She does "mature" I guess you could say. She helped my other Mom raise me pretty well, they were pretty balanced with my training and raising me. There were some issues I would've said but... I think I changed that by being here.

Janri: *She pulls Val into another hug, rubbing her back and just holding her for a moment while she cries* Take your time Val... you don't have to be alone in this... I'm here for you. *She sighs, looking over at Alucard* Do you have any opinion on this? You know its like she's seeing her father all over again...
  • Options
    Krystal: Its better than me taking over your ship and crew when I need a smaller ship. This is your ship.
    There's too many instances of Captains just taking over and not meshing with crews for one reason or another. And while you are a member of the task force, I would honestly prefer you to be in command of your ship. Not bowing to me whenever I get the urge to fly a smaller ship.
  • Options
    kara: i still have to get everything ready but ill be back. *she jumping into a portal closing it behind her*

jorin: hmm, so you changed the future by simply going back in time.... i hope there are no other unintended changed.

alucard: my opinion? i dont really have one. ive never known these type of bonds that she has so i cant rightly say.

valendria: *looks up at him with her ears drooped down and a pathetically depressed expression still sniffling and softly crying*

alucard: i cand really understand how you feel but you at least care a great deal for your father. *he walks over gently petting valendria*
  • Options
    Nick: *chuckles* you mistake my offer, for letting you take command. I'm saying I could teach you what I know. My experience and crew are at your disposal to help you grasp what you need to know before you get a defiant and have to feel around blindly. The crew see Gaia every day, so I'm sure they're used to seeing you already *he smiles* plus you're the mother of my First Officer... Well regular first officer. Is Briana feeling any better? I've got (not sure if it was LT Commander or just) Commander Anderson doing first officer duty because I know otherwise, Raneson would want to step up for it. Besides, Romani is a fantastic chief engineer, she's been doing a great job as first officer while we wait for Briana to return.

Freeman: *Takes the Krayt parts back inside, putting them in his quarters*

Briana: Oh wait!... Damn, not even a goodbye hug or kiss.... *She sighs, crossing her arms and holding them close to her chest*
  • Options
    Krystal: Far as I know.
  • Options
    T'Lera: How long do you think she's gonna be gone? *She looks over at Bri*

Clea: I must remind you, I didn't purposefully go back in time, I kind of got yanked here. I've got no idea fully what's changed yet, but I do feel some new memories...

Janri: *She hopes the pet helps her* Val, take your time. Just rest for a moment...
  • Options
    jorin: i wont pretend to understand how this temporal stuff works but you may want to limit interactions with those close to you since it may drastically effect your present.

*near clea and jorin a portal opens with a tall fair skinned woman with long ebony black hair pulled into a ponytail and blood red eyes with feline ears and a tail that sway from side to side. she wears a simple grey shirt under a black long coat with urban camo bdu pants and shin length combat boots. on her back is a large pack with mining tools and other such utilities and hanging on her belt is a strange looking longsword sheathed in a plain black scabbard*

jorin: mira? wait no who are you?

kara: aah right im kara memories not that great but im pretty sure we've met. whos the sith lady? *she looks over at clea curiously*

valendria: i just.... i dont know if i'll be ok..... i have so many unresolved issues with this. its like ripping open a grievous wound except that wound is standing on right in front of me.....

alucard: take some time for yourself i will be around.
  • Options
    Nick: good to know. When we're back, could you check on her for me?

Freeman: *pops out of his room when he hears the commotion* what's going on out.... Wait... Ah, another Kara... Or.... Hmmm... This feels firmiliar...

Bri: no clue. A few hours... A few days... Maybe weeks.... Hopefully not months, I'd be sad... Not even a goodbye kiss..... *She sighs before looking up at T'lera, grinning at her* wanna kiss then? *She half jokingly teases*
  • Options
    Krystal: If I can find her.
  • Options
    Clea: I'm Oculus and Jaessa's daughter. *she gives a short wave* What are you up to? You look like you're about to go delving into mines, but we're uh, nowhere near any I'm aware of on Tatooine.

Janri: How... how long ago was it that your father passed? *She rubs Val's back looking thoughtful, she's not quite sure how old Valendria is considering her vampirism*

T'Lera: Well, I'd be lying if I said no. *she sticks her tongue out playfully*
  • Options
    kara: yeah i was looking to get some beskar and maybe borrow a lightsaber. *she looks over at freeman* and yes it is me bri- or
    um freeman. *she nods to clea* so jaessa and oculus have a kid in the future, you're what 18 or 19 years old?

jorin: what do you need with beskar?

kara: im uuuh making something...

jorin: since when can you forge it?

kara: it cant be that different from what im used to its just really heat resistant when purified thats why it blocks lightsabers right?

valendria: a few thousand years ago..... if you're wondering im actually 20'000 years old give or take. my father was much older.... and i never even knew my mother.... she dies shortly after i was born.

alucard: hmmm so it is possible to find happiness in the bonds of family....

valendria: i was a very sickly child growing up and father worried i would pass too..... he was so over protective of me but it garnered a strong relationship when i recovered from my illnesses years later.....