Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,185 Arc User
    Nick: alright, hit it.

*The Tepes goes to warp, presumably followed by everyone else."

Briana: eh why not. I have all of my soul anyways

Freeman: *goes back to eating*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    T'Lera: Well... as long as my Katra is still mostly intact. *She shrugs not too bothered by it*

Rax: yeah, I'm from... I think Oculus said it was three thousand years in the past. *He nods*

Reashe: I feel like we have a lot of unusual ecounters.

*Kurata follows behind*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    Nick: alright, back to the wormhole, then Deep Space Nine.... I need a Damage report

Adam: shields took most of the damage captain but there is some hull damage on our aft. Nothing that can't be fixed quick enough. We did have some injuries from people falling into things but they're being taken care of.

Nick: alright... Just keep us headed to DS9. *He walks over to his chair and stands next to Krystal who he let sit in it* want the bridge for a bit? If so I'm probably gonna grab dinner, If not, I'm probably gonna eat something in my chair.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    Krystal: I'm out of my element honestly. But I do trust them to contact either of us if something comes up.

Think I will see if there are any available Defiants I can use later though.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: You offend me, Krystal. *He teases* The Tepes is better than any defiant you could find. Sure she's based on an older model, but she packs a punch with the latest duel heavy cannons. part of being in starfleet is being out of your element. Boldly going. Look give it a shot, not now but some other time? We're part of the task force and using what we have instead of requisitioning a ship from where it could do good against the Hur'q might be best.

Now, wanna join me and Gaia for dinner? I'm thinking something good to eat.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Wasn't gonna pull a ship during this crisis. Just planning ahead. And I could use some food.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: what are you in the mood for? I'm sure Gaia will agree.. and if an NX-refit is too much trouble, I'd suggest a steamrunner. That was the First Tepes during the Dominion War. She was a good ship. I just have a thing for the classics though. Only thing more classic than this would be a Freedom-Class
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    kara: that'll all take some preparation but there should be no abnormal side effects afterwards.

jorin: that does seem to be the case.

*the ground trembles for a moment as something on jorins wrist lights up*

kenize: what was that?

jorin: the canyon dragon i was tracking seems to have followed me back... but it wouldnt shake the ground like this its far too small....

*as janri goes thru her training she gets the sense of some thing watching her in the shadows, no matter what orientation the feeling always seems to be directly behind her, even if her back is to a wall or in a cave. as time goes on the paranoia only worsens, sometimes she'll see the slightest glint of a smile that disappears as she looks directly at it or a faint shadowy figure caught from the corner of her eye. days turn into weeks and weeks turn into months as the paranoia boarders insanity yet valendria doesnt return. what ever this presence is it surely isnt her, or friendly*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    T'Lera: I'm sure it will all be alright in the end. How long does it usually take to make a weapon like that?

Rax: I think we better go take a look, I'll have Sevenex organize the droids in case its going to damage the homestead.

Clea: This is where the fun begins.

Reashe: Maybe it attracted a bigger one?

*Janri is getting anxious at what could be following her around, she's been trying to figure out a way to find out what's been spying on her, she's still not sure if this is some kind of test from Valendria or not, but after its been so long Janri takes the device out that Val gave her and tries activating it in her shelter.*
  • Options
    Nick: I'm guessing you're gonna say pasta or something. Truthfully I want to fry up some tofu and veggies but I'm not sure Gaia would like that. Could you give me some insight on that perchance? *He grins*

Freeman: I'm getting my armor on. If need be, we can use a slave circuit to keep the ship out of the way! *He rushes off to get his armor on*

Bri: for Kara? Shouldn't take too long. She's an excellent smith.
  • Options
    kara: depends on what materials you want them made from and how durable or customized you want them as well. if i had to give an estimate the longest would be a week or so mostly due to searching and mining materials. it also depends on if you want them made from anything thats exotic or not of this reality, dimension, plain of existence or what have you. i know bri has very simple taste in everything so hers will be done alot sooner. all you need to do is give me an idea of what you want lera and i'll draw something up and see if you like it.

kenzie: *runs out with her gravity hammer and spartan laser.*

jorin: *pulls out his carbine* right well lets see what it is then.

adin: wait an actual krayt dragon.....

*a few moments later valendria appears from a rift*

valendria: i was just on my way to pick you up. is something wrong?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    T'Lera: Well, I'm not really sure about any exotic materials since I haven't visited a lot if any places outside of our reality here. I want something sturdy, but kind of... resonates with me I guess. If there's any material that compliments psionics that might be nice.

*Rax hurries outside, calling to his droids to get ready*

*Clea grabs her sabers and Reashe hurries after Kenzie*

Janri: *she let's out a sigh of relief* Something has been stalking me out here. Not... a physical thing, it's not a creature. It's a presence. I've felt it, my senses feel it but it's impossible for me to directly see it.
  • Options
    Krystal: I was never a fan of tofu. Pretty sure that carried over to her.
  • Options
    Nick: damn. What would you suggest to me then?

Freeman: *rushes out in his freshly painted armor with his gear, jumping into the air after running down the ramp and using his jetpack to stay above the sand*

Briana: would you like to give her a rundown, Kara?
  • Options
    kara: im pretty sure i could find something. i can start drawing up some sketches if you like.

*in the distance a larger krayt dragon emerges from the ground letting out a roar*

kenzie: holy sh*t.... that thing is a dragon?!

jorin: its a big one too, keep it away from the ship! *he launches himself into the air flying towards the dragon*

kenzie: are you ganna be ok? *she looks at reashe as a few of the other mandalorians jetpack off with jorin*

valendria: *looks at her with a questioning expression* that's strange. all it did was watch you? *she looks around examining the cave*
  • Options
    Krystal: Options. Options are good.
  • Options
    Nick: any sort of pizza? Chinese food? Fried chicken? Pasta? An unholy combination of those? Tacos?

Freeman: *taps his gauntlet, the ship engines roaring to life and starting to hover above the sands of tattoine* whats our plan here? I expected to have time to plan or set up a trap

Briana: what do you think I want for my sword? *She smiles*
  • Options
    Krystal: You could ask her. Me? I like all meat pizza, General Tso's and Chow Mein... you should see me at KFC... I am the bane of most pastas, and don't you dare take away Taco Tuesday. *laughs*
  • Options
    Nick: I'm trying to make it a surprise for her, Krystal. That's why I'm vetting it through you first. I'm thinking fried chicken then maybe with some mashed potatoes and Mac and cheese on the side... Raspberry cheesecake for dessert. Does that sound good since you'll be joining? Any additions?
  • Options
    T'Lera: I think I'd like that. I'm not overly familiar with too many weapons other than being trained with a Lirpa, so I leave it to your expertise.

Reashe: I'll be fine, I'm still a bit sore but this is what we live for. *She puts her helmet on, grabbing her twin blaster pistols*

Rax: *Grabs his blaster pistol and spins it before activating it, checking his systems then flying off after the rest of them. BH-7X climbs onto the edge of the rough cliffs around the homestead, aiming with a sniper rifle at the Krayt*

Clea: This will be fun! *She runs off at surprising speeds, hopping around on the terrain as she makes her way towards the dragon*

Janri: Its been watching me for what feels like ages now... and then you weren't checking in... *She sighs* It... the chill it makes me feel reminds me of things I'd rather not think about.
  • Options
    Kara: *pulls some and a few pencils out of a portal and starts drawing a few outlines*

*a few of the other mandos fire at the dragon jetting around it and launching missiles and wrist rockets at it which only annoys it as the krayt slaps one of them out of the air launching them into the distance*

Jorin: perhaps if you could give us your pearl we can all be on our way. *the dragon swipes at Jorin grabbing him out of the sky and smashing him down with a heavy thudd*

Kenzie: let’s do this then. *she bolts forward and grabs a bolder two times her size launching it into the face of the dragon*

Valendria: it’s only been a month. In fact it was only a day before I was going to return and finish your training…. Are you ok?
  • Options
    Krystal: Actually... I like.
  • Options
    Nick: Then it shall be so. Please join me. Sn'ket, you have the bridge. *he walks to the turbolift and waits for krystal to follow*

Freeman: Jorin! Gods damn it! *he fires on at the dragon with his DC-15, staying in the air just out of reach, saying over comms* Anyone not wearing beskar, stay the hell away from that thing, If it decides to start spitting its venom, it'll dissolve any exposed tissue! Kenzie, you should be safe in that!

Bri: You know me, love. I don't want anything overly complicated design-wise. material is where it matters
  • Options
    T'Lera: *She watches her draw, looking curious at the designs*

Rax: Let's see how much this thing can take... *He pirouettes in the air, firing heavy blaster bolts from his pistol aiming for a specific spot on the creature's head, firing a concussion missile to try and make it drop Jorin. BH-7X provides covering fire, aiming his sniper rifle for the Krayt's eyes when he has a clear shot.*

Reashe: *she stays back, taking pot shots at parts of the creature, focusing fire at anywhere its scales seem more vulnerable.*

Janri: Val... I don't know if it has to do with the presence... but it hasn't been a month for me... its been several... I was keeping track of the days. *she shivers, looking more nervous as she wonders if the time dilation is real, or if she's just going mad*
  • Options
    Krystal: *follows*
  • Options
    Kara I’ve never been one to over design anything but I do like to make them look good. *her drawings start to take shape as she talks*

Jorin: well… I tried…. *he says in a winded tone as the dragon recoils back from the combined assault and bolder smacking into it. The dragon roars breathing fire around a large swath catching anyone near it before roaring again at Jorin* oh… I see, so it’s vengeance then. Very well but I will not make it easy. *he says getting up and dusting himself off*

Kenzie: *pulls out her hammer smashes it into one of the krayts legs breaking off a large chunk of scales in the process*

*the dragon a pained and angered roar as it swipes its tail at Jorin who dodges it instead hitting the Spartan and sending her flying out of view. It then breaths more fire at freeman and tries grabbing rax*

Valendria: I was worried about this… you may be suffering from isolation induced insanity…. Solitude is a vampires greatest weakness. With how long lived and jaded we become with long stretches of being alone it can cause you to start seeing things that aren’t there, hear voices in your head that are not your own and believe time has moved farther then it actually has… I was watching over you but I should’ve acted sooner when I saw the signs… Every week you would sit or lay there for two days straight doing nothing…. I thought you were resting but it was the same time every week… I’m sorry janri… I put this all on too soon and now you’re suffering for it…. *her ears droop down as she gives an apologetic expression*

*a few whispers ring out in janris head that eventually form one voice after a moment it speaks in her mind*

???: she believes that you are insane. Doesn’t that hurt? Why would she leave you here all by your self? Perhaps she’s waiting for you to die so you won’t be her problem anymore. *the voice fluctuates thru various pitches and tones as it speaks*
  • Options
    Nick: *leads Krystal back to his and Gaia's quarters, very out of place for what one would find on a refit NX like this. It has a living room and nice kitchen. It seems that a few unused quarters were combined to make this better captains quarters. The bedrooms and bathrooms are separated behind other doors* Gaia, I'm hooooome. We somehow won!

Freeman: *flies back out of reach of the fire* nevermind on the acid! Look everyone get as clear as you can. I'm gonna test the slave circuit's connection to the ship's weapons! Or would that spoil the hunt?

Bri: so, you know what I want then since I mentioned dad's sword? Design wise at least. Material wise I wanna hear what you think I want.
  • Options
    T'Lera: *she hums as she watches Kara work*

Rax: Personally I'd consider bringing a ship to kill a Krayt not really hunting. *he fires an armor piercing rocket into the creature's skull as it gets ahold of him, using the opportunity to continue the barrage trying to get to its weaker points*

Clea: Come on I want to get a cut on it too. *she grunts, lifting a rock with the force and throwing it at the creature, looking for a chance to get closer*

Janri: Val... we've been through a hellish realm together to save my daughter, and you're telling me a mysterious presence spying on me has to be me going insane?

*she pauses for a moment, taking a deep breath, pondering for a moment, glaring at wherever the voice is coming from. No matter what it says she knows Val would never wish her dead, she knows that Val still regrets what happened to Janri*

Val... can you atleast humor me? Just, after all we've been through give me the benefit of the doubt.

*She looks at Valendria, pleading with her. She's not willing to give up just yet on the voice being real, not after all they've been through. It could be a hallucination but she's seen stranger things than mysterious voices whispering to her.*
  • Options
    kara: hmmm well there are a lot of materials out there, id say something that can withstand your strength and elemental casting while being the weight of an average katana. it would also have to be a nice looking one too so i can fold it into this wave pattern for the blade its self i know you dont like embellishments or anything like that but i at least like to put some creativity into my work. something eye catching that doesnt stand out immediately but makes others wonder who made it you know? *she taps the pencil to her chin as she ponders*

*the dragons head knocks to the side as a mix of the rock, missile and kenzie landing a flying side kick cracking it hard in the jaw, in a rage it throws rax at freeman and breaths fire at jorin*

jorin: *as the fire engulfs him it slowly condenses and forms into a fluid like wave that jorin then pushes back into the dragons face blinding one of its eyes and heavily melting part of the scales on the same side of its head* we're slowing it down a bit at least but this is a tough one!

*as kenzie tries to launch herself upwards for an upper cut the dragon catches on to one of her legs and lifts her up rag doll slamming her into the ground with a loud and heavy crack, parts of her armor dent and break as her visor heavily cracks from the strength of the impact. with an enraged roar it whips the broken spartan at clea*

valendria: *one of her ears fold as she slightly crooks her head to one side in a confused manner* i havnt felt anything even while ive been watching you....

???: of course she would never know, a child pretending to be a teacher. why would you want to learn from some one that is to weak to protect you let alone themselves? after all it was her weakness that brought this all about, she was to slow and the other one tormented and turned you while she watched helplessly. the fight just about killed her too, this pathetic fool barely won and now passes on her weakness to you..... you dont need her, she only holds you back. you should kill her and be done with it. *the voice seems to be echoing from multiple points changing octave and pitch on every other word*
  • Options
    Gaia: I noticed. I'm already planning on getting some relief out using my underworld contacts. Being a Smuggler Queen has its perks after all. Gonna call up a lot of those who helped slip resources around during the Iconian War.