test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,185 Arc User
    Nick: Including your friend, Fali? *he chuckles* also Krystal is here. I'll be making dinner. Got some good stuff planned.

Freeman: *holds his hand out, trying to catch Rax flying at him, with the force.* Watch it!

Bri: of course it has to have a good Hamon. the wave pattern... maybe you can engrave a symbol into it at the base... and maybe a blood groove. fold it as much as you want too! it doesn't have to be the same weight as the average katana. it can be heavier.... I want it to be able to stand up to Lightsabers without shorting them out, so Cortosis is out...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    edited February 2022
    Gaia: Yea. Including Fali. She may be KDF, but she also has done some Privateer work.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    T'Lera: A little flair doesn't sound too bad for my blade.

*Rax recovers a little before he's stopped with the force, using his jetpack to stabilize himself and land with Freeman's help*

Rax: Be careful getting close to it, this is a smart one! *He inputs something into a panel on his armor and lifts off again, spraying oil onto the Krayt's eyes to blind it for a moment*

Reashe: Kenzie! *She cries out seeing how much damage Kenzie took and starts to fly towards Clea*

Clea: Alright... I hope this doesn't hurt you anymore... *She deactivates her sabers and sidesteps, using the force to try and slow Kenzie down as much as possible without doing a sudden stop sensing her injuries.*

Janri: Its possible for something to hide from your senses though isn't it? There was that one guy... who was another version of you, I think he hid from you before. *She shakes her head trying to ignore the voice, she knows that Val isn't that weak, and she gags at the thought of even considering killing her. Feeling overwhelmed she just sighs and walks over, hugging Valendria, just holding her for a moment, Janri's skin icy to the touch, a sign of her current anxiety and frustration she feels as the voice tries to trick her into doing such awful things*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    kara: so lightsaber resistant then. hmmm... *she ponders for a moment* i'll have to do some testing but i can make it work. i dont actually own a lightsaber tho, maybe i could borrow one. im guessing you would want the same durability for yours as well lera?

kenzie: *hits the ground rolling from the weight of her being thrown and the sheer force she was thrown with, she slowly gets up pulling off her damaged helmet. she has a streak of blood going down her forehead as she coughs up a bit* that f*ckin hurt......

*the dragon breaths fire in front of it swinging its head trying to blindly hit someone with the flames as it flails its arms at jorin and clea in a blind rage*

jorin: *backflips away from the krayts claws* keep up the pressure its nearly done for!

kenzie: *pulls out her hammer as she runs towards the dragon again, using it to launch herself into the air. the krayt slowly recovering from the blindness tries swiping at her but jorin intercepts it by cleaving half of its hand off with his lightsaber. with the opening she bares the full force of her gravity hammer down on to the dragons weakened scales obliterating them with a loud crack and a spay of scales and blood, leaving it vulnerable.* finish it! *she yells out as the dragon headbutts her sending her falling to the ground with a heavy thud*

*from the shadows of the cave multiple eyes open writhing and slithering up the rock walls, darkness over takes everything leaving only the light of the campfire to illuminate the ever shifting eyes all over the walls and cave ceiling. from the side of janri's vision a pare of red circular spectacles form from the shadows slowly taking the form of a pale grinning face with long black hair and a red longcoat that move in a windless flow, all the while valendria doesnt seem to be reacting to any of the surroundings*

valendria: its possible... im also sort of learning as i go too.... so i'll admit im not exactly the best vampire there is, im just old and know how to fight well.... *she starts purring as janri hugs her* i should let you get used to this before piling on more stuff to learn and adapt to..... im not really good at this teaching stuff.....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    T'Lera: I think durability is always a prized attribute, so yes, I'd appreciate something that could withstand a lightsaber. But if it interferes with the qualities I was hoping for I understand.

Clea: *She seizes the opportunity, rushing forward and igniting her sabers with their soft hum filling the air around her before she leaps up onto the Krayt's neck, stabbing her blades where the scales cracked, before sliding down the side, attempting to continue the cut while moving acrobatically, attempting to cut all along its neck*

*Rax moves in, setting the oil on the creature's eyes alight with a burst of his flamethrower*

*Reashe meanwhile rushes to Kenzie's side, trying to pull her away from the Krayt*

Janri: *she whispers to her nervously* V-val... its not just a voice anymore... i-its becoming a person. Red glasses, long black hair, a long red coat... She's smiling, she looks like a vampire... *she holds Valendria a little tighter but she's frightened as she glances over at the newly formed woman coming from the darkness.*
  • Options
    Nick: oh trust me I remember, I'm aware *he chuckles* gonna invite her aboard sometime? She is... Fascinating as I remember. Feel free to take a seat by the way Krystal. *He walks to the kitchen and starts prepping dinner* so, checking in on her seems like a good idea after...

Freeman: *he draws his lightsaber, charging in with his jetpack, igniting the saber right before impact with the exposed part of it's head, screaming a war cry as he does*

Briana: think anyone would get upset if there was just a slight bit of Beskar in it?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    kara: well the less they know the better. im sure i can make an alloy of beskar and some other stuff i might find.

*the dragon swipes at clea before it catches fire. it lets out breath of fire as freeman's saber finds its mark, for a moment the dragon thrashes around violently roaring flailing throwing its head around as it rolls over clea and tries to get freeman off. after a few more weak twitches if finally falls to the ground motionless*

*reashe tries to no avail to even budge the spartan*

kenzie: *chest armor looks dented and cracked in some places with sprays of blood on it, she rolls over with a light laugh* that was actually kinda fun. those dragons hit hard. *she says sitting up*

valendria: *looks around with her ears perked* i dont see anything.... its just us here in a cave.....

*the figure come closer sliding thru the shadows*

???: only you can see me, not thus miserable excuse, you're so close now a simple pierce of the heart and you will be free of her idiocy and learn from a true lord of the night. this one is but a peasant compared to me, i can even take her form if it puts your mind at ease *its voice is a deeper male tone even tho it comes from an ere shadow that resembles valendria, it then perfectly mimics her voice* i can even sound like her if it comforts you.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    T'Lera: Beskar is that thing the mandalorians have right? I guess it would be hard for them to know unless someone told them. *she shrugs*

Clea: Oh that's going to be sore... *she coughs having been squished a bit but slowly gets up once the Krayt is dead*

Reashe: Are you okay? Do we need to get you to the Bacta Tank? *she checks the dents in her armor, clearly concerned.*

Rax: We need to manage our injured. I think we can call this a successful hunt.

Janri: Val... the way she's talking... c-can you go and ask the other you about what I'm seeing? She might know more... *Janri keeps resisting the temptations of what the shadowy figure is offering, she could never do that to her daughter, or someone as close to her as Val, she gags, wanting to vomit even thinking of it.* She's changing her voice to sound like you now... *She shudders, starting to have flashbacks to what happened in the frozen hellscape, her icy eyes glowing slightly*
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,182 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *takes a seat*
    Gaia: We'll figure something out I'm sure.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: if you wanna invite her over that would be cool. We can find somewhere for her to stay. Guest quarters, or something else.

Freeman: *he turns off the saber and returns it to his belt, hoping to the ground assisted by his jetpack* think that Tuscan tribe is gonna want all it's meat? I mean we can take some, maybe dry it and make some jerky. But it's way too much for just us.

Briana: exactly! It's a nice material too.... I uhh... I have a suit that was given to me by my uncle Marcus.. he made it for me, but I don't feel right wearing it.
  • Options
    kara: i can look into it. *she says putting the finishing touches on her sketch*

jorin: aye, lets get the injured patched up and get what we can from this dragon.

kenzie: *her armor is dented on the initial armor layer but it isnt that bad* just took a blow to the head nothing serious, ill be fine dont worry.

valendria: *sighs looking defeated* yeah... i guess she wou-..... *she suddenly folds her ears back aggressively as she notices a reflection in janri's eyes. with the blink of an eye she twists behind her swinging her chainsword but it comes to an immediate stop as she has the barrel of a large pistol poking her forehead. her ears fold farther back as she bares her fangs and hisses at the stranger*

???: *seems amused by valendria's feline aggression* so you finally see me, your paranormal senses may be as dull as a brick but your physical perception and combat capabilities are sharpened to a razors edge.

valendria: who are you....and what the hell do you want?

???: your elder and one learned of the paranormal. i have been watching you for some time.
  • Options
    Gaia: I'll look into it. She's been pretty busy lately. After the Iconian War I kinda named her my right hand woman in smuggling because I can't focus on everything all at once. And the last report I got says she's getting pretty stressed because there's no visible pattern to the Hur'q attacks.

Krystal: There's gotta be something though.
  • Options
    Nick: well we still have the "ambassador" Hur'q on DS9. and they went sane after being dosed in ketracel white, right? I think I see a pattern.... as for Fali she is welcome to come aboard and destress. if you want to help her with that I am more than happy to be at your side to assist again. she is a fascinating woman

Freeman: *he slings and holsters his weapons before going to check on injured*

Briana: I look forward to it. *she smiles*
  • Options
    Gaia: Don't get any ideas. *devious look*
    Krystal: Oi vey...
  • Options
    T'Lera: How often do you make swords like these?

*Rax starts looking around, helping anyone onto the ship who needs it, getting out the medical supplies.*

Reashe: *She looks at Kenzie's dent letting out a sigh of relief* Good, now you get to enjoy extra fussing from me. *She says a little teasing but just seeming happy Kenzie is okay*

Clea: I think I'm bruised, going to feel sore for a while... *She stretches and winces a little*

Janri: *She hisses at the mystery woman* I knew I wasn't crazy... after all we've seen... I just knew something was going on. I doubted myself for a moment there, but I didn't let go of my instincts. *She reaches out with her hand calling her war mace/hammer to herself as it appears* She also knows about things that happened to me Val... things we were alone for. She knew how I got turned...
  • Options
    kara: i made one recently but i havnt been able to make many before that.

jorin: lets contact those tuskans and offer the rest of the dragon, freeman the pearl is yours.

kenzie: you'll have a lot of time for that while i fix my armor.

*a few of the mando's fly back limping with one of them unconscious

???: interesting. *the stranger grins as a loud bang is heard. blood sprays from valendria's head as she tumbles to the ground* now then let us see what you can do.
  • Options
    Nick: I mean the ideas were already had. You did encourage them too. I look forward to them. *he chuckles and starts to put the chicken into a fryer full of oil to fry before he starts working on the side dishes*

Freeman: *he walks next to Clea* I can help speed it up at least. I mean we also have medical tools from the Milky Way. I'm sure we have something I can just wave over you and call it a day. *he turns his head to Jorin* I'll harvest it in a second. we have people to take care of first. *he walks over to the unconscious mando, doing a check on him, giving him a discreet scan from his left gauntlet*

Briana: so are you happy years after me and Romani made one of your pistols, that you finally get to make something for me? and was the one you did recently the sword for my dad?... or this universe's version at least.
  • Options
    Gaia: *shrug*
  • Options
    *T'Lera wonders who she made the weapon for, idly imagining what it could be like*

Reashe: I'm guessing that might take a while. We should probably get you out of that... *She scratches her chin wondering if the dent will make it harder to remove*

Clea: I guess extra medicine won't hurt.

Janri: Val no! *Janri lets out a guttural growl, her eyes turning the iciest blue they've ever been, just looking at them someone might get the feeling of freezing cold as the air around her chills unnaturally. Her hands frost up but don't reach the same level as in the past, the hammer helping to channel her abilities as the head is growing sharp heavy pieces of ice upon it. Janri twirls it in her hands moving between Valendria and the mystery woman, the ground forming icy sheets where she steps, but the ice doesn't impact her movements. Janri moves forward taking a swing with the hammer, ice shards forming and flying along the movement of the weapon giving it longer reach*
  • Options
    kara: one of them yeah. *she flips over the sketches letting bri and lera give their thoughts on the designs* its sort of a basic sketch but what do you think?

jorin: aye, *he says walking over to the unconsious mando, he's passed out from shock due to a broken vertebrae and shattered leg.* this one isnt looking to good lets get him in a bacta tank. *he says gently force lifting the mando*

kenzie: yeah, its not the worst beating this armor has taken tho. *she says making her way back*

???: *disappears before the hammer impacts* simply flailing about angrily will avail you naught. *the stranger appears on the cave roof as if defying gravity, it crosses its arms and walks forward looking at janri with an unsettling grin*

*a black wave of energy nearly cuts thru the cave roof as the stranger dodges the attack landing on the ground*

val: *stands there holding her face as it steams and slowly regenerates covered in an ever shifting red and black energy* i dont know who you are or why you feel so familiar, i know i dont have any siblings or a twin!

???: twin? *the stranger looks down at herself* oh this. i had forgotten i was wearing this appearance still, *she clears her throat sounding more feminine but not matching valendria's voice, her demeaner is completely different shifting to a much friendlier disposition and feeling* now then, since i know beyond any doubt who you are we can dispense the hostilities yes?
  • Options
    Nick: shes more than welcome to stay considering... You know. *He waves it off as he keeps cooking* once we dock with the station, we can analyze the sword. Pass it off. All that. We can dock there and wait for her since her ships will have to go to DS9 and pass through the wormhole. So fali can join us there and we can check up on all that... I'll probably have to start making bigger meals... I mean I already am since you're eating for three and Krystal is eating for four.... And yes that number includes yourself Krystal, I can tell you were about to question my math, I saw the scans, remember?

Freeman: we're gonna have a line for the bacta tank, I can use an Osteogenic stimulator in the meantime on the leg. once everyone is healed, we'll get to harvesting *he taps a button on his gauntlet, the ship relanding nearby

Briana: I like them, really good. I know you're going to do them beautifully.
  • Options
    Krystal: *rolls her eyes* You also make it sound like I'm moving in when I got my own ship, and my family over there.
  • Options
    Nick: oh I know you aren't. I don't think I was implying you were moving in? I'm talking about it because I'm literally in the middle of making food and that's on my mind
  • Options
    Krystal: *sighs* I'll be happy when this crisis is over. Might be able to relax and get back to exploring again. But knowing our luck it won't be that easy. Pretty sure I didn't anger any Chinese deities to explain these "interesting times". How about you?
  • Options
    T'Lera: Oooh, that looks pretty good. I think that would work well for me.

*Reashe and Clea help take the rest of the injured inside*

Reashe: Well I can knock a Krayt off of list of things to hunt.

Janri: What? *She looks incredulous* You shoot Val in the head and then you ask for us to be civil? You stalked me for months! *She doesn't swing again, but she's clearly angry that the stranger is seemingly brushing all the events that transpired off*
  • Options
    kara: i'll make more detailed plans for when i can put hammer to anvil.

jorin: we could use a rest after this, and i fine feast for a great hunt.

adin: *limps over sitting down on a chair* that was something... i thought i would die for sure....

kenzie: id like to see something like that survive a mac round.

valendria: *pulls out her bolt pistol aiming it at the stranger* you should have gone for the kill because all you've done is p*ss me off!

???: it is better then the alternative is it not? i am the one holding the cards after all. unless you believe that you can kill me, by all means pull the trigger and lunge at me... but i will not hold back if you do. *she says starring the two down with an unsettling confidence*
  • Options
    Nick; I think I angered Thor once.... Least I think it was Thor. Coulda just been a random viking, but the lightning striking me was extremely convenient timing.... Yeah I'm not sure about Chinese gods... Maybe a Shinto God from Japan once... But I'm really, really old. I've lived through plenty of "interesting times" *he starts pulling out fully cooked chicken. Putting the pieces on plates and getting the sides on the plates too* food is done, ya hungry?

Freeman: *currently helping the injured still, too focused to notice*

Briana: I can't wait to see you in action
  • Options
    Gaia: Pretty sure she is.
    Krystal: *rolls her eyes*
  • Options
    Nick: *smiles and puts a plate down in front of Gaia and one in front of Krystal at the table. Grabbing his own plate and joining them* dig in, tell me what you think about it. I did my best to make some goddamn great fried chicken. If you want coleslaw, I'll replicate it, I've already made everything else from scratch.
  • Options
    Krystal: Considering you've probably been cooking longer than I've been alive... you'd hear about it if it wasn't good.
    Gaia: *laughs* Considering your kitchen experience is mostly limited to easy stuff?
    Krystal: Don't start. Please. Besides... you're one to talk.
    Gaia: Point taken.