test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (Because the last few times I posted some, you were the first one saying where they were from.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,461 Community Moderator
    (Because I recognized them? I still fail to see why I had to be singled out on a custom. If its custom why highlight it? Kinda feels like rubbing it in my face at that point. "HA! You'll never have seen THIS one before! I win!" Could have just asked if it looked good honestly.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (It BETTER look good enough, given it's going to be the official emblem I use for supplemental material if the books I (eventually, hopefully) write take off...and I paid enough for it.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    T'Lera: No I know why... we talked about this before you became the true you... when you merged... I wanted to learn in case if something like that happens again, or something dangerous happens with magic I can do something... I know it will take a lot and that it's not something to trifle with, this isn't some plaything to me, I'm taking it seriously...

Rax: Yeah, it's definitely seen better days. Some of my droids are up and running again, I'm sure they'd be happy to help. *he nods*

*Reashe raises an eyebrow at the challenge but says nothing*

*Clea chuckles quietly*

Janri: Alright. *she nods then cracks her knuckles, deciding to head out to gather supplies first and foremost if Val doesn't have more for her*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,964 Arc User
    kara: i highly doubt something like that will happen again. besides thats what im here for, im more then capable in dealing with anything dangerous to do with magic or the occult.

kenzie: *crosses her arms* you might want to rethink that. ive taken down ape men twice my size, ripped their head and spine out and stabbed them with it.

big mando: *chuckles* you're all talk.

kenzie: alright fine if you want to fight then lets go. when and where?

big mando: right outside

kenzie: ill get my armor off, it wouldnt be fair otherwise.

adin: i apologize for gage's fighting aggression... he sees big opponents and has a need to test himself against them. i am curious about this spartan tho, their arnt many of her size and build, let alone that strange armor she has.

jorin: *lands near the ship taking off his helmet and dusting sand off of himself as he drunks some water.*

valendria: good luck and ill see you in a day or so.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    (can we wrap the Hur'q fight up so the sword can be brought back to DS9?)

Nick: Have the transports made it through yet?

Freeman: I would advise against challenging her. she is a genetically modified super solider. if a wookiee can tear off someone's arms and beat them with them, I don't dare to think of what she can do. Now, please accept my offer of hospitality, the sands are not an easy place to explore, so I understand if some of you are parched or famished.

Bri: yeah, and I know a bit along with my elemental control, Water, Air, Earth... metal is under earth for some reason.... No fire though... well not completely, i can do this! *she raises a thumb which a small lighter like flame comes from* it's great for concerts.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    T'Lera: I know... but I'd like to be able to help you deal with it.

Rax: Not too often I've heard about genetically modified people in our galaxy honestly, strangely rare even though we have the tech for it. Her armor is pretty strong, a lot of unique qualities about it. *He thinks for a moment, remembering that the modern galaxy has virtually no personal shield generators compared to his time when it was frequent, but he decides to not mention just what her armor can do, deciding its up to Kenzie if she wishes to share information like that.*

Reashe: Just, try not to hurt them too bad if you fight, Kenzie?

*Janri waves goodbye to Val as she gets to work, making the long trek across the ice and snow. Even with her body's affinity for the cold, its still jarring leaving the warmth of the cave*
    kara: id prefer not to put other people in harms way if i can deal with it myself..... i just.... *she sighs taking on an emotionally pained expression* i dont have it in me to take another apprentice...

adin: we came in on speeders but it would be nice to sit down for a bit. as for gage if hes set on challenging her then who am i to stop him. *he shrugs* it might actually knock some sense into him if she does end up flooring the guy.

kenzie: *walks to the back to get her armor off.*

gage: it'll be a good fight. *the large built mandalorian takes off his helmet. he has a lot of scars on his face and a burn around his left eye.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Freeman: Where would you like to be buried in case something does happen? as for the rest of you, what would you like to eat and drink, anything, just name it and its yours

Bri: Is that not counting teaching me what you have?.... or Magnus and Sakina?.... like was there another?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    T'Lera: I'm sorry if I brought up bad memories. *she rubs the back of her neck, feeling embarrassed as she sees Kara's expression*

Rax: I'll be sure to have the Bacta tank ready.

Reashe: Maybe it will be fun to see.

*Janri begins her training, scratching into the cave wall to keep track of the days passing, she gets used to the cold, making sure to get plenty of supplies each time she's out. She manages to make a few bits of fur clothing out of animals she hunts, her ears adapting to the sounds as she embraces her new senses.*
    kara: its alright... *she takes a moment before looking over to briana* thats a bit different, magnus and kina already have an aptitude for magic due to my blood running thru their veins. and you already have training just in different areas of it. lera would need to start from the beginning... and the last time i tried taking an actual apprentice... they died horribly.....

kenzie: *walks out with her hair down and wearing a tight cropped tank top and short tight fitting work out shorts.* right then lets get this over with.

gage: *takes off the extra bits of armor on his upper torso.* lets take it outside.

adin: i could go for a nice stew with a bottle of ale. *the other mandos talk amongst them selves for a moment before agreeing on the stew and various ales or whiskeys*
    Freeman: *walks over to the replicator in the kitchen and replicates a large pot of hot (in temperature and taste) Tiingilar along with some bowls, setting it on the counter and serving them up, not elaborating on the face he made food appear from seemingly thin air. He then proceeds to replicate their drinks and serve them*

-----

Bri: okay fair.. it's not just your blood in their veins though.... And you teaching me what you have way way different from elemental stuff.
    T'Lera: Who was your last apprentice? *she looks to Kara, worried that asking might make her feel worse* I trust in you...

*Reashe and Clea both follow the duo outside, very curious to see how the fight goes, while Rax prepares for any medical treatment if it's needed*
    kara: i would rather not get into it.... *she stares off with a melancholic expression*

*kenzie and gage walk for a moment stopping across from one another, gage takes up an echani looking stance as kenzie goes into a different looking stance that doesnt look familiar to any that they've seen before*

kenzie: so this is just a sparing match or a serious fight?

gage: im here for a fight not a spar.

kenzie: i'll try not to kill you then.

gage: *laughs* id like to see you try. *as he says that the two circle one another*

jorin: *silently observes the match*

adin: that was fast....
    Freeman: ah, you weren't watching, better to keep the mystery then *he smiles, serving himself a bowl of Tiingilar, sitting down on the opposite side of the counter* Its nice to see I could have given you literally anything and you keep things nice, simple, and close to home. I wouldn't have judged you if you went more expensive and asked for Lobster Bisellian (actual Star Wars thing), in fact I was hoping you would ask for something so ridiculous, you thought I wouldn't have it, only to be brought it...... Not that I am trying to sound like I'm bragging, no... its more to see the look on your face, a bit of slight amusement before letting you enjoy... Its a sense of happiness to be able to deliver such seemingly impossible things. like seeing someone open a gift you got them on life day and break out into a smile. It sounds childish, I know. but being able to provide for my brothers and sisters from my clan or any who would drink with us is something that brings me no small amount of pride.

Bri: I think its best to leave it T'lera.... I'd teach you some elemental stuff, but.... I don't know if I can cause its mostly something I was born with. my mom can do water because of... well I'm not exactly sure, but something like a spirit?.... Its complicated.... How about learning something more.... martial? I once saw a file on a version of myself who mainly used a sword when she wasn't using guns or phasers. always carried it with her. she didn't have any elemental abilities. it was interesting to see though some parts got.... strange... Something like that can be fun! we can learn it together
    T'Lera: Well, learning how to use a sword would be fine... sorry Kara if I brought up any bad memories. I still need to learn more about how to control my... other abilities. *she wiggles the tail she made for herself* I'm not sure how to properly shape-shift aside from altering a few things here and there and it's never really intentional.

Rax: I really hope this isn't necessary. *he finishes setting up the bacta tank should it be needed, before going to watch the fight, but from a farther distance away than Clea and Reashe.*

Clea: So, wanna bet on how long he lasts?

Reashe: I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Clea: Come on, 1 minute? 5?
    kara: no its fine..... i just.... *she takes a deep breath trying to regain her composure* i never told anyone this because this is a memory that i forgot as jakara. since im whole i've been remembering more and more as time goes on.... my last apprentice was a specifically painful memory.... id rather not talk about it for now..... i wouldnt mind teaching you martial skills tho.

*the two continue to circle one another before gage bolts in with surprising speed landing the first hit with abnormal speed and strenth, it seems to take the spartan by surprise. looking dazed she takes a step back trying to recover from it as gage takes the opportunity to get a few more heavy hits in, an upper cut to her diaphragm with a twisting side kick to the side of her head that sends her spinning but she remains on her feet, she looks far more dazed then she should be with the very small amounts of damage shes actually taken. all tho its subtle clea can sense some sort of mind disruption that is causing kenzie to feel off balance and perpetually dazed, the source seems to be coming from gage*

jorin: *walks over to clea and reashe* you feel it too right?

adin: so this stuff just came out of thin air?... *her looks generally surprised as he finishes the bowl* its nice to actually have some proper food, ever since we got here its been TRIBBLE ale and womprat.... having a nice bowl of tiingilar is like a cold drink to the parched. the ale definitely helps too. *the other mandos are very much enjoying their food as well* so you say you're here to hunt a krayt dragon hmm? what for? if you dont mind me asking.
    Freeman: *he puts the lightsaber he stole from the sith on the counter* I need materials. I am making a saber. Like your ancestor Tarre Vizsla. I took this one off an imperial force user. I want its pearl for a focus and bone for help building it. and yes, it did. I'm glad I could provide. after this I plan to find a crystal.

Bri: I'm down to learn sword stuff. *she puts a hand on kara's shoulder* I'm here for you, love.
    T'Lera: I'd be happy to learn martial stuff. *she nods gently*

Clea: How's he doing that? Some kind of neural neutralizer? Does that count as cheating?

Reashe: I do feel it too. I'm not quite sure how he's doing it... *She looks thoughtful as she analyses the combat*
    kara: im alright. *she looks down at briana with a weary smile* i guess when im not with child i'll be free to teach you both.

jorin: unfortunately it isnt cheating since as the challenged she never set her terms or rules... there is a surprising amount of specifics that you can add to being challenged to combat but i digress. as for what hes doing, its an ever so subtle use of the force.... some how hes clouding her mind and vision. his hits arent doing much but they are numerous, if this draws out she'll be whittled down by sheer number of blows.

*as reashe observes she can see the spartans ears flicking about picking up any sound they can trying to find an opening thru the rush of air as gages fist slams into her body repeatedly*

jorin: ah there it is. when one sense is disabled the others heighten in response. she may be blinded and off balance but shes not out.

kenzie: *her ears seem to now follow the motion of gages fist as she adapts to his movements. then in the blink of an eye she shifts her weight now dodging his attacks with far more speed then some one of her size should be capable of. this catches gage off guard as he gasps in surprise. the cruel smile curls around the spartans lips as she says* found you. *in the blink of an eye kenzie's fist snaps into gages jaw with a audible crunching of bone as it nearly flies off from the force of her blow. a spray of blood teeth and bone fragments spray from his mouth as he spins around, the world around him swirling but she isnt done yet as she brings a merciless knee to the mandalorians diaphragm lurching him forward she picks him up and hammer tosses him into the hull of ship with a heavy thudd*

adin: building a lightsaber, hmm. so you've ran into those inquisitors i think they call themselves. im not surprised really the dragon has been a very big problem for the imperials, not just his actions but the rumors and strength her represents and even mercy.... i doubt he would remember me but hes the reason i gave up on the empire. to them i was nothing more then a number... a resource to be used and thrown away as needed. i knew my time had come when i saw him that day, id been disabled and left to bleed out when the destroyer i was on crash landed, i dont remember much but instead of finishing the job he had me patched up a lowly stormtrooper left to die after another of the empires defeats..... when i recovered i left that life behind and never looked back, i went to mandalore after some time managed to become a foundling. *he says getting another helping of food*
    T'Lera: I guess that will be a while then... *she blushes softly*

Reashe: I feel like tossing him into the hull was a bit much. *She sighs*

Rax: Time for the bacta tank. *He goes and investigates Gage, checking his vitals before preparing to move him to the tank*

Clea: Really should cloud all the senses if he's going to try a trick that. I am a bit surprised he'd be trying a tactic like that when he seemed so eager for a fight.
    Freeman: depending on when this was, I could have even been there *he chuckles* My amor would have been more orange and a silvery black then. I've recently started to use the paint I wore before the first death star blew. Ah, I hear that hitting the ship. I think your man may need medical attention. is Evelynn still here? she could get the bacta tank ready.

Bri: in the meantime before I start showing, we can go over basics like forms and stuff. What kinda weapon do you wanna use specifically?
    kara: *stares forward in thought*

jorin: she could have done much worse then throw him.

kenzie: what kind of bullsh*t was that? i wasnt ganna kill the guy but what ever he did pissed me off so now he gets to lose his jaw.... f*cker.... *she says under her breath.*

jorin: you never did specify the terms did you?

kenzie: where i come from you either fight to kill or spar for training theres no in between. its not like that here i guess.

*gage is still alive but his head got heavily rocked and his jaw is all but destroyed. hes got heavy bruising on his back and upper sternum*

adin: well gage has won just about every fight hes been in but i have a feeling with this one hes finally got his ego busted. i think there was a fellow out there that was standing by to get who ever lost in a bacta tank. who is evelynn anyway?
    Bri: I'm thinking a sword or a polearm. Should I copy that other version of myself or do my own thing..... Eh I kinda wanna copy her. I didn't read much but she seemed cool..

Freeman: now that I think about it, I think she was brought home... Sorry. Odd day for me. Evelynn is Jorin's youngest sister.
    T'Lera: Everything alright kara? *She looks over at Bri thinking* Hmmm... I might go with something more unusual, or traditional. A lirpa would be interesting, but on a small scale nunchuks or tonfas are certainly exciting.

Rax: Lets get you to the tank buddy. *He uses the force to lift Gage up carefully, it takes a bit more focus since he's out of practice using it so directly but once Gage is stable he takes him inside to the Bacta tank, preparing him before getting him into the healing waters, wanting to make sure he's going to heal from this.*

Clea: Its an underhanded move, but he should've seen that coming.

Reashe: Are you alright Kenzie? Nothing hurt too bad? *She starts checking her injuries in case any need to be treated.*
    kara: hmm, well im good with swords and the like, if its polearms or staff fighting you want then you'll wanna go to my mother, you'll be hard pressed to find a better teacher then her.

*it looks like he'll make a full recovery in time.*

jorin: indeed, he is a talented fighter i'll give him that. i hope this serves as a humbling lesson not only to him but to everyone here. no matter how much you've grown or how many deeds you have accomplished there is always more that you can learn. never let pride stagnate your skills. *the other mandalorians that were left silent after watching kenzie give an understanding nod as they look over*

kenzie: *she has a few bruises and small cuts on her face and torso.* its nothing i cant walk off, i'll be fine. im not sure about the other guy tho. *her ears flick a few times* maybe this whole cat like thing isnt so bad, the tail helps with balance and my hearing and eyesight is even better and thats on top of my augmentations. i even have claws and fangs too.

adin: i didnt know he had another sibling. the only one i knew about is that insane crimson skinned woman. your friend out there bears a strikingly similar look to her..... if i may speak truthfully..... that woman scares me. i find myself grateful that i had left the corps behind because i've seen what shes capable of. tearing thru anything in her path as if it were a mere annoyance.... all the while bearing a sickening smile the entire time.... seeing her in combat gave me nightmares.....
    Freeman: a younger sister, would barely even be up to your knee. She's adorable simply put... But also a very gifted healer dispite her age.... As for the sister you speak of... She can be intense but... Deep down she isn't that bad... She and that tank of a woman are.... Somewhat related.... Truth be told, they're the same exact person... And no not like the clone army of the Republic.... It is a... Very difficult thing to explain...

Bri: well I'm just gonna rip off that other version of myself, so bring on the Samurai sword *she chuckles* I think after sword though I'll ask seras to teach me to use a polearm. I look forward to you teaching me swords first *she smiles at Kara*
    T'Lera: Swords would be a good start for sure. *she gives a smile, excited by the idea*

Rax: *He lifts him up, getting him in the tank and sealing it up* Well he's in alright condition, I honestly was worried it'd be worse.

Reashe: Even if you can walk it off I'd still like to bandage them, make sure you don't catch a cold or something.

Clea: Wonder if those others enjoyed the show.
    kara: when it comes to sword combat theres a lot of different styles.

kenzie: catch a cold? *she seems amused by the notion* a few scrapes and bruises wont take me down.... but alright i'll relent if it will put you at ease go ahead.

mando woman: he wasnt even a match for her.... what is this woman.....

jorin: it certainly was a spectacle, id say gage will be hard pressed to forget it.

aldin: so the spartan and the demon are the same... but not?..... thats even more terrifying and confusing.....
    Freeman: Yes. Think of the Universe, how vast and big it is, Galaxies upon galaxies... so big, so vast.... Now imagine more universes where things are... different... I myself am from one where things are very different, so I ended up here. my wife is a version of them as well. she's much less of a demon though. *he laughs*

Bri: Like I said, I wanna rip off another version of myself