test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    Alex: We haven't even left the station yet, and it'll take at least half an hour to get there, even with a ZPM-infused warp field - can you hold out that long?​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,962 Arc User
    *the knight hammer cloaks making repairs to its damaged hull.*

V’renn: we cannot survive this with their vast numerical advantage… this battle is lost.

Jorin: There probably are back on the station but as for here I wouldn’t know. It’s not my ship.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Not likely. And that's with repairing a squadron of Jem'Hadar ships and some defenst platforms. And Tepes is not Lexington or Exeter. Shields go down she'll get shredded a lot faster. Nick's already set up a red line for withdrawl as he knows his ship better than I do. And the way we're getting hammered... we'll hit that red line long before you get here.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Alex: Ah, TRIBBLE! *he orders the channel muted and turns to deliberate with his senior staff* Do we have any other ships near Dominion space?

Wulas: We don't - the closest ships to the Gamma Quadrant are in our own territory, but any of those would also need to prepare for combat operations and travel to the battlezone - it might shave 10 minutes off at best, and it didn't sound like they'd be able to hold out even that long.

Alex: There has to be SOMETHING we can do! *he starts pacing furiously before tapping his badge and calling for his chief engineer* Greymane to Thunderfang - Chief, I need extra speed out of the warp drive ASAP - what can you do to get our warp factor up?

Neil: That would depend on how much extra you need, Alpha.

Alex: Enough to get us from here to the Didarea system in the Gamma Quadrant in less than 10 minutes.

Neil: *dead silence* ...sir, that's not possible - even if we could get a warp field configured in a precise enough way to reach a speed that fast, we'd end up ripping the ship apart.

Alex: Well, I need SOMETHING - we have people under attack against overwhelming Hur'q numbers trying to protect defenseless evacuees, they have no other reinforcements close by and they're about to pull out and leave all those people in the transports and still stuck on the planet to the mercy of a devouring swarm - give me something I can use, and quickly!

*at this point, the helmsman speaks up* Sir...we do have one way to get there quickly - bypass the warp drive altogether. *the words are barely out of his mouth when Neil yells over the active comm link*

Neil: Are you INSANE?! We haven't tested that yet - we don't know if it'll even work with our technology base - for all we know, it could blow up in our faces, it could cause damage to the network, it cou-*his ranting is cut off by Alex*

Alex: We don't have a choice - it's the only way we can get there fast enough, so get the reaction chamber ready - that's an order! *he says in a tone brooking no argument*

Neil: ...yes, sir. *he replies reluctantly before cutting the link*

*Alex unmutes the channel to the Tepes* We'll be there in a few moments, things willing. *he closes the channel, then turns to Arak'Ralan* Open a ship-wide channel. *After receiving the acknowledgement that the channel has been opened, he steels himself and speaks in a clear, commanding tone* All hands, this is Alpha Greymane - we are about to engage an experimental drive system that hasn't been tested before and we have no idea what sort of effect it will have on the ship - all personnel not currently assigned to active duty, secure yourselves any way you can and brace for possible rough handling - Greymane out. *after closing the channel, he then turns to his helmsman and gives one single order* Black Alert!

*all through the ship, the lights dim further and a deep baritone sound echoes through the corridors while a male voice with a vaguely southern US inflection intones every few seconds* Black Alert, Black Alert.

[Lycaon, Engineering]

*meanwhile, Neil has entered the reaction chamber, looking none too happy as he attaches a pair of neural links to either side of his head between his ears and eyes while another engineer retrieves a glowing aquamarine canister and inserts it into a port just in front of the transparent cube, the interior being flooded with a cloud of Prototaxites Stellaviatori spores seconds later as a map of the galaxy appears in front of Neil via the neural link*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,453 Community Moderator
    (Ah... another Spore Drive. Ami will be surprised.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    (its just cause its short. when i think wolf i think longer. maybe that's just me? not like it matters)

Nick: He's gonna use a spore drive, isn't he? Just like the Takao.... that's my guess at least. Second guess is he's going to forcefully tear open a wormhole to get here. *he sighs, slamming his fist on the tactical console* Krystal... if you and Gaia and this sword weren't here, I'd be far less restrained.... So far our shields are above the threshold, so we will continue the fight. How many more transports are left to evacuate?

Freeman: *sets down his tools, letting the paint dry*

Dundee: *at that moment, he comes onto the Lycaon's bridge* Ah F**k Me Dead, that alert is loud. what's going on with some experimental drive?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    Krystal: Try reversing shield polarity. We use the attacks to fuel our shields for a bit.
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,279 Arc User
    edited December 2021
    Janri: Well of course I have to say yes. I think you two are perfect for each other. *she pulls Val into a hug once again* Besides I think it would make you both happier.

Kurata: Retreat is not an option here. Not until the transports are away. We will fight on for we are already dead. *he commands his ship to swap modes and the Relentless begins to drain power from nearby hur'q vessels to restore its shields*

Reashe: I guess classified is still classified no matter where you go.

Clea: I feel like the explosive is more trou le than it's worth. But then again... *she scratches her chin thinking about something* Nah that's trouble too.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    valendria: *happily purrs as her tail sways.* i want to craft the rings myself and also dont tell nexa yet. i want it to be a surprise.

v'renn: it is better to live to fight another day the die in a losing battle. if we do not get reinforcements soon then this will be over run.

jorin: are we ready to go then?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: Lieutenant Sn'ket.

Sn'ket: On it sir. *he taps away on the Science console*

Nick: Our main advantage is our maneuverability alongside our small scale, so we're dodging a lot of the fire coming at us. Loading torpedo tubes with Point Defense Bombardment Warheads. They should cover our rear for a bit with the mini photons in them, the large blasts after should clear up anything caught in them. *he fires 2 of the warheads*

*The Warheads Stall out as the Tepes zips past them, adjusting heading to the swarms in chase of the Tepes, unleashing mini photons into them. impacting and causing catastrophic damage to the swarmers they hit. the group of swarmers surrounding the warheads before the violently detonate in a high energy explosion, vaporizing the swarmers nearest to it while the ones on the edge of the swarm sustain moderate damage.*

Freeman: Paint is drying.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    (You mean the muzzle? It's supposed to be short, and stocky, like the werewolf from Earthblood - or Skyrim, but without the wrinkles or bat ears.)

[Didarea System]

*another group of swarmers immediately replaces the vaporized group harassing the transports as the area is flooded with dozens of energy nullifiers, rendering any fire from the defenders little more than pinpricks while the Hur'q suffer no such disadvantage, repeated phasic strikes impacting any and all nearby ships*

[Lycaon]

*meanwhile, things are going no better at K-13, as a problem has emerged during the lead-up to a spore jump as streaks of lightning begin arcing over the surface of the Lycaon*

Unnamed Engineer: Chief, there's a problem with the spore-hub drive - we're building up mycelial energy way too fast.

*inside the reaction chamber, Neil huffs and mutters* Of course we are...I tried to tell them this was idiotic, but does anyone ever listen to the people who know what they're talking about? Of course not! *louder so he can be heard through the container* Slow down the charge-up sequence and divert the excess into the auxiliary capacitors.

*the engineer attempts to do so, only to receive a rude error sound in response* Sir, I can't slow down the charging sequence or turn it off - controls are completely frozen! Energy levels are rising way too fast for the drive to perform a stable jump! *he yells after a moment of fiddling with the controls trying to get them to respond, just before a power junction several feet behind him ruptures violently, sending the access panel flying into the wall opposite a now raging inferno and electrical arcing, forcing damage control away from the junction while still trying to extinguish the blaze the eruption of which has set off an alarm on the bridge*

[Lycaon, Bridge]

Alex: This day just gets better and better...*he mutters as the alert goes off and he hails Neil* Chief, what is going on down there? We just got reports of a fire in engineering and readings of mycelial energy building up way too fast to be safe. *the wolf asks brusquely, only to receive a rather snarky reply in return*

Neil: I am well aware of that, being in the middle of it...I tried to tell you this was a terrible idea, but do you ever listen to me? Of course you don't! Just like that time you tried-*and before he can get into his rant, Alex hurriedly cuts him off*

Alex: Just do what you can down there, Greymane out! *and he closes the channel just as reports of ruptured power conduits all across the ship start coming in - about this point, the build-up of energy levels will start registering on K-13's sensor grid, as well, as the strikes of arcing lightning against their shields*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Janri: I won't breathe a word of it to her. How are you going to make the rings? *She looks very curious*

Kurata: It is my duty to protect my fellow Jem'hadar and those citizens of the Dominion. We will find a way to hold for reinforcements. We have to.

Clea: How long will that take?
    Ami: We're trying but they're starting to tag my ship as a priority!
    Krystal: You still good?
    Ami: For now. But I think the multiple Gravity Wells we spawned to corrall them made them angry!
    valendria: well id like to make them special and make them out of a special material too. its not too hard making rings at least i dont think it is... im a pretty good weaponsmith so im good with my hands.

v'renn: well we wont be at it long if this keeps up....

jorin: it shouldnt take too long.

kenzie: i hope not...
    (it depresses me greatly)

Nick: This is hopeless.... Put all weapon power into the railgun, keep it's loading system well supplied. I need it well fed so it can chew through whatever we're hitting. Captain Anderson, I'd suggest getting the hell out of here while you can. I'd rather not go to a funeral for you anytime soon.

Freeman: *Comes out of his quarters in a new flight suit in a slightly blueish grey colour, fingerless gloves and combat boots, but... None of his armor pieces* long enough to let me grab breakfast *he walks towards the replicator*

Dundee: I see I came at a bad time.
    (Who's in charge of the one in charge of the station that just got jolted by a bolt of mycelial lightning? Though, they'll probably just see it as regular, or unknown, lightning, since I doubt those stations will be configured to detect mycelial energy)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

(how about we not damage our home base for no good reason. Shouldn't have taken much to at least take it half a light-year away.)
    (They have shields and lightning likes to arc)

*the first thing Dundee will notice on walking out of the turbolift is a mixed crew of anthropomorphic wolves, a crow, a feline and something that looks reptilian, but isn't (that would be the Jem'Hadar, in case it wasn't obvious), all sitting in seats and making motions seemingly in mid-air, with nary a physical station console in sight as Alex looks back* Yes, you definitely came at a bad time - we're about to head into a combat situation and we're having trouble with our drive system! *he states tersely just as another junction ruptures and a massive gout of flames roars out of the obliterated conduit along with a thick plume of acrid black smoke* Someone get that fire under control and reroute power through another relay! *he then yells as one of the bridge staff unbuckles and opens a compartment in the floor near their seat, pulling out a fire-suppression device and rushing to deal with the fire*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

cerys: *sensing the mass energy eruption she suddenly wakes up, her eyes glow and she begins to levitate as she holds her arms up. the lycaon begins to accelerate as its force pushed away from the station quickly being launched at sub light speeds far away from k-13.*

kara: *groggily wakes up looking rather annoyed.* great whats happening now.....

jorin: *sits down* alright then.

kenzie: *groans in boredom* it'll be next year by the time we leave at this rate.....
    Ani: Not yet. We still got a few tricks up our sleeve.
    Nick: Better play those cards and fast.

Freeman: ah yes, Because I want to fight a Krayt dragon on an empty stomach. You sound bored, why not go watch some anime or that other thing you mentioned to pass the time. I'm sure Briana put archives of media into the datacore. *he replicates a large mug of coffee, an extra large breakfast burrito, a side of hashbrowns, and a boiled egg.*

Dundee: Alright, what can I do to help? I've still got me some reading to do on all this, but what cells in my head the grog 'asn't killed yet are still genetically augmented to be a quick study. I prefer not dying, so I'll get over being lazy fast.

Bri: *still half asleep, she opens her eyes a bit* Nuugh.... *yawns* not our problem... back to bed...
    Janri:I think that would be pretty fitting, didn't know you made weapons too.

Kurata: Return to tactical mode, rerout powers to the tri-lotus array, I don't care if it blows out our conduits, we need them firing as often as we can! *She shouts commands to his crew, the ship transforming back to its aggressive status and beginning to route power from other systems, attempting to keep the polaron barrage firing as often as they can*

*Reashe considers her thoughts after what Freeman says and shakes her head*

Clea: How long ago was it we ate?

Samaia: *Being distracted by the sudden push* Oh what now? It was such a lovely day.

Henha: Why is the station being hit? What happened? Status report. *She contacts the operation center*

*T'Lera rolls over, her tail flicking as she senses the combat in her sleep*
    Ami: Already working on it. They seem to be losing interest in us now that we're not voiding the warranty on our deflector. Short attention span I guess.
    kara: i think we might be under attack.... *she says sleepily getting up putting only a loose fitting shirt on and grabbing her pistol in a very drowsy haze.*

jaessa: *makes a small catlike "brrt" sound as she peaks up from the covers, her eyes still droopy as shes half asleep* nyaah?

cerys: *lands face first in the box slumping over the edge passed out again.*

jorin: *gets himself something to eat as well.*

kenzie: im kinda hungry now that i think about it.... *she walks over replicating a large plate of food.*
    Nick: mind giving us a bit of a heads up? We're doing our best to stay close to you.

Freeman: well it's something. Glad you're doing something to keep the boredom at Bay for a bit. At at least eating, you're not gonna be "occupied" when we are ready to move *he starts to eat.*

Bri: Nooooooooooooooo! The warm has left.... *Sighs* curse whoever caused this.... You may wanna put on some underwear at least. You're uhhh... please come back? You're kinda groggy and handling a gun that could blow a hole through like... 8 decks...

Donovan: *still on the floor across the room from Cerys and the box. he looks up to see Cerys, gives a chuckle before yawning and deciding to go back to resting, keeping an ear out to make sure her and Evelynn will be okay... And watching the adorable car behavior doesn't hurt.*
    Ami: The problem is we have to spread out to protect as many as we can. No one is used to fighting swarms like this. We can't just pinpoint target like we're used to agianst conventional opponents. Even the Iconians. But the Hur'q? Swarm tactics are something we never trained for.
    edited December 2021
    T'Lera: *She opens her eyes, rubbing them and blushing as she sees Kara enter the room* It felt like something rocked the station, I'm not really sure what...

Samaia: Something happened but I'm not really sure what. *She sighs* We can probably go back to sleep...

Reashe: "Occupied"? *She raises an eyebrow at Freeman*

Clea: *She gets a snack, scratching at her eye wrap*

Henha: *She looks at the status report of the arc that hit the station, sighing and sending repair teams and having the station raise its shields* I guess I'm the one in charge of the station I need to take care of all this.

Janri: Am I supposed to continue my training in the morning?
    Post edited by westx211 on
    Nick: Targeting energy nullifiers with the railgun... Adding targeting solutions *he taps away on the tactical console* and letting loose.

*From the Tepes, the railgun fires a heavy slug at one of the energy nullifiers, piercing through and destroying it, targeting another and bringing it down*

Nick: Two down. Let's take out whatever ship is throwing them down in that area before they make a comeback.

*The Tepes lines up a shot on the ship the nullifiers we're coming from. Unleashing rapid fire volleys from it's powerful phaser cannons, causing major damage, the railgun firing into the hull, tearing through it's insides as the Tepes keeps flying along, out pacing any swarmers in case. Doing it's best to keep up evasive maneuvers*

Freeman: Eh, Don't worry about it.

Bri: if it was the Hur'q we'd know. I think it's so something else.
    edited December 2021
    kara: f*ck we're under attack, i gotta get my ship and do something about this.

jaessa: *purrs nestling into samaia's chest falling back asleep*

cerys: *after awhile wakes up holding her back and wincing with a grunt.* i swear kids can sleep anywhere.... but my crust old bones cant....

*the knight hammer decloaks and puts auxiliary power to its weapons as it fires three shots from its spinal phaser lance tearing thru even more of where the tepes had hit, finishing it off with a quantum torperdo salvo.*

mira: *appears out of a portal near henha.* are we under attack? what the hell just happened? the tracyna doesnt have deflector shields hell its barely being held together as it is, wedge is doing what he can to keep the reactor from going critical but what ever the surge of energy was didnt help...

jorin: so, krayt dragon. you said you wanted a smaller one right? ive learned to track them.

kenzie: so how bad can these dragons be?

jorin: depends on the size and age. the bigger ones can wipe out entire villages of sand people or brave souls that dare to settle the untamed sands and smaller ones are still very deadly but much easier to manage.

kenzie: can they breath fire?

jorin: yes they can, its a rather painful way to go.

valendria: you're always training this has just been a rest for you.
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    Nick: That's one less throwing up energy nullifiers. Cloak and recharge while we find the next ones.

Freeman: I mean a Krayt dragon pearl Is still a Krayt dragon pearl, reguardless if we get it from a canyon Krayt or a Greater Krayt because you gotta shave it down to fit in a Lightsaber reguardless.

Bri: Kara, no, the Hur'q aren't here! Come back to bed right now until we figure out what's going on or you wake up.

Donovan: *asleep on the floor on the other side of the room from Cerys. Not snoring but breathing near silent*