What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,185 Arc User
    Nick: Better play those cards and fast.

Freeman: ah yes, Because I want to fight a Krayt dragon on an empty stomach. You sound bored, why not go watch some anime or that other thing you mentioned to pass the time. I'm sure Briana put archives of media into the datacore. *he replicates a large mug of coffee, an extra large breakfast burrito, a side of hashbrowns, and a boiled egg.*

Dundee: Alright, what can I do to help? I've still got me some reading to do on all this, but what cells in my head the grog 'asn't killed yet are still genetically augmented to be a quick study. I prefer not dying, so I'll get over being lazy fast.

Bri: *still half asleep, she opens her eyes a bit* Nuugh.... *yawns* not our problem... back to bed...
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Janri:I think that would be pretty fitting, didn't know you made weapons too.

Kurata: Return to tactical mode, rerout powers to the tri-lotus array, I don't care if it blows out our conduits, we need them firing as often as we can! *She shouts commands to his crew, the ship transforming back to its aggressive status and beginning to route power from other systems, attempting to keep the polaron barrage firing as often as they can*

*Reashe considers her thoughts after what Freeman says and shakes her head*

Clea: How long ago was it we ate?

Samaia: *Being distracted by the sudden push* Oh what now? It was such a lovely day.

Henha: Why is the station being hit? What happened? Status report. *She contacts the operation center*

*T'Lera rolls over, her tail flicking as she senses the combat in her sleep*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,175 Community Moderator
    Ami: Already working on it. They seem to be losing interest in us now that we're not voiding the warranty on our deflector. Short attention span I guess.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    kara: i think we might be under attack.... *she says sleepily getting up putting only a loose fitting shirt on and grabbing her pistol in a very drowsy haze.*

jaessa: *makes a small catlike "brrt" sound as she peaks up from the covers, her eyes still droopy as shes half asleep* nyaah?

cerys: *lands face first in the box slumping over the edge passed out again.*

jorin: *gets himself something to eat as well.*

kenzie: im kinda hungry now that i think about it.... *she walks over replicating a large plate of food.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: mind giving us a bit of a heads up? We're doing our best to stay close to you.

Freeman: well it's something. Glad you're doing something to keep the boredom at Bay for a bit. At at least eating, you're not gonna be "occupied" when we are ready to move *he starts to eat.*

Bri: Nooooooooooooooo! The warm has left.... *Sighs* curse whoever caused this.... You may wanna put on some underwear at least. You're uhhh... please come back? You're kinda groggy and handling a gun that could blow a hole through like... 8 decks...

Donovan: *still on the floor across the room from Cerys and the box. he looks up to see Cerys, gives a chuckle before yawning and deciding to go back to resting, keeping an ear out to make sure her and Evelynn will be okay... And watching the adorable car behavior doesn't hurt.*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,175 Community Moderator
    Ami: The problem is we have to spread out to protect as many as we can. No one is used to fighting swarms like this. We can't just pinpoint target like we're used to agianst conventional opponents. Even the Iconians. But the Hur'q? Swarm tactics are something we never trained for.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    T'Lera: *She opens her eyes, rubbing them and blushing as she sees Kara enter the room* It felt like something rocked the station, I'm not really sure what...

Samaia: Something happened but I'm not really sure what. *She sighs* We can probably go back to sleep...

Reashe: "Occupied"? *She raises an eyebrow at Freeman*

Clea: *She gets a snack, scratching at her eye wrap*

Henha: *She looks at the status report of the arc that hit the station, sighing and sending repair teams and having the station raise its shields* I guess I'm the one in charge of the station I need to take care of all this.

Janri: Am I supposed to continue my training in the morning?
    Post edited by westx211 on
  • Options
    Nick: Targeting energy nullifiers with the railgun... Adding targeting solutions *he taps away on the tactical console* and letting loose.

*From the Tepes, the railgun fires a heavy slug at one of the energy nullifiers, piercing through and destroying it, targeting another and bringing it down*

Nick: Two down. Let's take out whatever ship is throwing them down in that area before they make a comeback.

*The Tepes lines up a shot on the ship the nullifiers we're coming from. Unleashing rapid fire volleys from it's powerful phaser cannons, causing major damage, the railgun firing into the hull, tearing through it's insides as the Tepes keeps flying along, out pacing any swarmers in case. Doing it's best to keep up evasive maneuvers*

Freeman: Eh, Don't worry about it.

Bri: if it was the Hur'q we'd know. I think it's so something else.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    kara: f*ck we're under attack, i gotta get my ship and do something about this.

jaessa: *purrs nestling into samaia's chest falling back asleep*

cerys: *after awhile wakes up holding her back and wincing with a grunt.* i swear kids can sleep anywhere.... but my crust old bones cant....

*the knight hammer decloaks and puts auxiliary power to its weapons as it fires three shots from its spinal phaser lance tearing thru even more of where the tepes had hit, finishing it off with a quantum torperdo salvo.*

mira: *appears out of a portal near henha.* are we under attack? what the hell just happened? the tracyna doesnt have deflector shields hell its barely being held together as it is, wedge is doing what he can to keep the reactor from going critical but what ever the surge of energy was didnt help...

jorin: so, krayt dragon. you said you wanted a smaller one right? ive learned to track them.

kenzie: so how bad can these dragons be?

jorin: depends on the size and age. the bigger ones can wipe out entire villages of sand people or brave souls that dare to settle the untamed sands and smaller ones are still very deadly but much easier to manage.

kenzie: can they breath fire?

jorin: yes they can, its a rather painful way to go.

valendria: you're always training this has just been a rest for you.
    Post edited by hoan113 on
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: That's one less throwing up energy nullifiers. Cloak and recharge while we find the next ones.

Freeman: I mean a Krayt dragon pearl Is still a Krayt dragon pearl, reguardless if we get it from a canyon Krayt or a Greater Krayt because you gotta shave it down to fit in a Lightsaber reguardless.

Bri: Kara, no, the Hur'q aren't here! Come back to bed right now until we figure out what's going on or you wake up.

Donovan: *asleep on the floor on the other side of the room from Cerys. Not snoring but breathing near silent*
  • Options
    T'Lera: I'm not sure if it is an attack... I don't feel people outside panicking like it is one. Might've been an anomaly?

*Samaia kisses her and relaxes, staying awake for a moment as she thinks about things*

Henha: Well, from what my ship was able to tell me from their scanners, it appeared that a bolt of Mycelial lightning impacted the station while its shields were down. We've got repairs under way and shields are up, I'm not entirely sure what happened, but it appears to have originated from Alex's ship, I think he was attempting to jump somewhere. *She's looking at a readout on a console, while checking where teams need to go*

Clea: Krayt Dragons are fun, and can get pretty damn massive. There's also that subspecies of red ones... *She looks thoughtful* But I don't think those ones have pearls.

Reashe: They're one of the greatest things you can hunt.

Rax: indeed. I've fought a handful in my time, hunted an especially ferocious one to help add on to my other armor, those bones make for extremely durable reinforcement.

Janri: So... in the morning then? We get to sleep an all that?
  • Options
    kara: it felt like we got hit with a torpedo or something.....

mira: so thats what that energy build up was, these mycelial drives are experimental... so why the f'ck would he try that near an unshielded station with ships docked at it. i mean the least he could do was let us know or just not f'cking try it here....

*the knight hammer cloaks and flys away from the swarmers.*

jorin: i have a krayt dragon pearl in my lightsaber as its focus and a few if the bones reinforcing the hilt.

kenzie: this is all like myth and legend to me... i guess ill just have to see one... im still trying to wrap my head around what ever this force stuff is and light sabers and all that.....

jorin: there will be plenty of time once freeman has his krayt dragon pearl.

valendria: dont mistake this heartfelt moment for any ease, no your training will continue now not in the morning.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    *Alex turns sharply to stare at Dundee* Where the hell did you come from? *he demands before continuing before the augment can respond* Nevermind - unless you know anything about Displacement-Activated Spore Hub Drives or how to stop runaway energy buildups, I don't see that there's anything you can do to help. *the wolf says just as two more junctions explode and the room starts to fill with acrid, choking smoke* Computer, air filtration to highest setting! *Alex yells while coughing and trying to wave the smoke away from him, and a few seconds later there's an audible sound of air being pulled into vents along the ceiling and the air quality starts to improve slightly - moreso once the fires are out*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Nick: *he sighs* I don't think Alex is coming. The day may be lost. Krystal, should we order a full retreat?

Freeman: I just need a pearl and some of the bone itself.

Bri: I don't feel anything else coming.... No more hits.... See we're fine... Back to bed? Or at least put on pants?

Donovan: *snores*

Dundee: Energy build ups? Put everything to max power. Consume as much as you can. Fire weapons out into space. Fully power your engines and lights. It may not be much but it could help stave off something more catostophic.
  • Options
    Alex: That would just delay the inevitable and weapons won't do any good regardless - we use railguns and missile/torpedo launchers, and both systems use barely any power at all...plus, we'd also be wasting valuable ammo that we can't quickly replace. The only weapon on this ship that does take any significant amount of power is...the...*he trails off as a look of recognition comes over his muzzle* The lance! *he quickly turns to his tactical officer* Lieutenant, vent the energy stored in the lance's capacitors and route as much mycelial energy into them as they can hold! *he then turns to the conn as the Jem'Hadar proceeds to do exactly that* Helm, what's our orientation - what's directly in front of us?

Helmsman: The surface of 20 Draconis b, Alpha.

Alex: Well, TRIBBLE...good thing that planet's uninhabitable, though I'd still rather not fire on it if I don't have to - how long will it take to orient the lance away from the planet's surface?

Helmsman: Too long - the engines are completely locked up and we're barely holding on with thrusters.

Arak'Ralan: First, the weapon's capacitors are full - any further transfer of power will risk a catastrophic breach.

Alex: No choice, then - there better not be any teams on the surface *he turns back to the Jem'Hadar* FIRE!

*and as the lance's emitters glows brighter and brighter, the mycelial lightning arcing across the surface of the ship slowly comes under control just before a massive blue-white beam of pure mycelial energy surges from the center of the vessel and strikes the planet's surface near its north pole, tearing open a massive mycelial rift that continues rapidly growing as more energy is funneled into the lance until power levels have stabilized, at which point the beam cuts off as the entire ship seems to barrel roll, leaving behind several brief afterimages as it does so before the entire ship releases one final burst of mycelial energy in all directions before vanishing from sight...*

[Didarea system]

*...and suddenly dropping directly in the path of the retreating Tepes, close enough to set off imminent collision alarms on the ship's bridge*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (Tepes isn't retreating yet, Nick wanted Krystal to give the order.... and... no.... Just... No... Don't mushroom nuke the planet that I actually had plans for.... I literally said that awhile back.)
  • Options
    (Wouldn't moving to a safe distance also kinda translate to moving AWAY from the station, and in turn the planet?)
  • Options
    (First of all...I'm not the one who moved the ship - it's been getting pushed away from the station without altering its orientation, so it's been facing the planet the whole time.

Second of all...I warned you a month ago this was going to be happening - you don't get to protest now, and it's also not your planet - I can do what I want with it and what I did with it was necessary. It's not like the rift is large enough to do more than linger for a few hours before collapsing and leaving behind a patch of P. Stellaviatori that can be harvested as additional fuel for the drive, so don't get your panties in a twist.

It also gives the eggheads aboard the station something to play with until it does collapse.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    ((majority rules and there were already plans for the planet so you're not firing the damn mushroom warcrime weapon on draconis.))
  • Options
    (I protested then and I am protesting now. nobody else is seeming to want this but you)
  • Options
    (Didn't you also order your ship to move to a safe distance, which implies flying away from the staion, IE turning away and flying that way?)
  • Options
    (No, I NEVER gave ANY such order - I had my ship forced away, WITHOUT my permission. So TRIBBLE you - that planet got nuked.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited December 2021
    (so you think its ok to pull this sh*t when no one is agreeing to it then, cuz its not and its still not happening.))
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,273 Arc User
    (Okay, I've been mostly absent but watchful of this thread, and I'm gonna throw my two cents in; Everyone else here but you had a specific plan for Draconis, and also, NOBODY but you, wanted to literally NOVA bomb the planet. You forced this on everyone. Not okay, Shadow.)
    yakiw2uzh0ao.png
  • Options
    T'Lera: Something certainly rocked the place. *she stretches a bit, blushes and looks up at Kara* Maybe we should call someone to make sure?

Henha: I don't know, I think he might've been called away to a battle but using a mycelium drive experimentally was a huge risk.

Rax: Well, Krayts are quite a sight. The bigger ones can be awe inspiring.

Janri: Aww but I thought I was gonna get some sleep. *she sticks her tongue out*
  • Options
    Nick: Spore drive... Called it

*The Tepes avoids hitting the Lycaon with relative ease*

Nick: its just him... he only brought one ship... he is single handedly going to save the day with a single ship... Well if he thinks he can handle it.. Krystal, any orders for the forces here? shall we keep fighting?

Freeman: maybe we can use the meat to cook with too... Hmm... Krayt jerky sounds like an idea worth something...

Donovan: *sleep*

Bri: computer, situation report on... whatever just happened

Computer: anomalous energy dissipation originating from The Lycaon impacting K-13, it has since disappeared off sensors.

Bri: see, resolved... bed or pants please?... if not bed, breakfast?

Dundee: ah... well that worked... I'll go help with damage control. least i can do is put out fires and lug overly heavy stuff *he walks back to the turbolift*
  • Options
    kara: maybe? *she says groggily*

mira: testing out an experimental drive right next to the station? the least he could have done is move away from the station and let others know what was going on.... at least the tracyna is stable for now but it cant take another hit from what ever that lightning was.

kenzie: oh... this is gannna be interesting then.

jorin: i dont think anyone will get hurt since we're only hunting a smaller one.

valendria: *she looks confused by the gesture* no rest for the training.
  • Options
    (Then make it a large enough asteroid to hold an atmosphere for all I care! The station is in the middle of a planetary ring of them, and spores need OXYGEN to germinate.)

Alex: Status report...what the hell happened? Our technology base isn't THAT different from Starfleet's - we missed something, we must've missed something. The drive shouldn't have been drawing that much power from the mycelial network that quickly. *before he can get a reply, there's a sudden thud against the ship's armor plating as the Hur'q take notice of the new arrival and begin firing on it* ...what was that? That sounded like a weapon impact - Kalut, where are we?

Kalut: If the sensors can be trusted after all that...we're just outside orbital range of the planet and right in the middle of the current battle...and it looks like the Tepes nearly hit us.

Alex: The hell?! We weren't supposed to jump right into the fight! *he taps his commbadge* Chief, you overshot us! We were supposed to come in a light-minute outside the planet's gravity well so we could control our entry with a microjump, not directly in the middle of the battle - AND you almost dropped us on top of the Tepes!

Neil: *after a moment of static, his voice comes in over the channel* I was a little busy trying to keep the ship intact down here! At least I didn't drop us INSIDE the planet!

Alex: *sighs in frustration* Just be more careful next time and we'll deal with all this after the fight's over...prepare your damage control teams for incoming weapons fire - Greymane out. *he closes the channel and turns to the Jem'Hadar* Arak'Ralan, do you have a targeting solution on the Hur'q fleet?

Arak'Ralan: Yes, First - there are several dozen swarmers approaching us being supported by fire from a cluster of frigates and cruisers - there are also three dreadnoughts attacking the retreating transports and the rest of the task force.

Alex: Right - those dreadnoughts are our first priority. Helm, bring us in line with the nearest one and prepare to fire the lance once we're in range.

Arak'Ralan: We will not be able to fire the lance for several minutes - draining the capacitors to fill them with the excess mycelial energy...

Alex: ...means that it's going to take time to refill them with their usual type of energy *he finishes before slamming his fist on the arm of his seat* F*censor-dog bark*k...fine, we'll just use regular munitions on the first dreadnought - target heavy railguns on that ship and deploy torpedoes - fire when ready!

*and shortly after, the Lycaon opens up with its full arsenal, small turrets rapidly tracking the swarmers and firing barrages of accelerated spikes of solid metal at any ship foolish enough to get too close while heavier rounds are slung at the nearest dreadnought and the vessel's torpedo tubes open with explosive puffs of escaping atmosphere, bringing the nuclear-tipped payloads out with them, the torpedoes reorienting themselves with thruster bursts after they clear the tubes before igniting their main afterburner and rocketing off toward the enemy dreadnought at hypersonic speed*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    T'Lera: I could help make breakfast if you're too sleepy. *She stretches a bit, looking up to Kara and Bri thinking about what might be good*

Henha: If the Tracinya is in any danger I can have some engineers dispatched to help stabilize it a bit more. For now I think we're safe? His ship is far enough away now it can't hit the station again too easily.

Raxtarn: It can still be pretty dangerous, but I'm certain we can hunt a small one just fine.

Janri: So no sleep at all allowed during training? I thought I might be doing this for a few days so I figured I'd need to sleep at some point. And um, the tongue thing is usually to be playful or teasing if you're confused by it.
  • Options
    (*smacks rattler with a hammer*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo