test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    valendria: i know a decent place, oh right. see you later lythe. *she says gently grabbing janris shoulder and waist.*

lythe: *nods already deep in thought.*

jaessa: i can already feel the tension.....

tess: we're getting close then.

cerys: what you think does not concern me. i will be leaving one way or another.

mira: so if we just leave you alone then you'll leave peacefully?

cerys: yes.

mira: alright, *she looks over to donovan.* let her pass, im sorry but im not risking the lives of everyone on this station for your quest to try and help her. ive seen jorin fight other force users before and its destructive as hell so now is not the time for it. *she looks back over to cerys.* ok go ahead id rather not risk this station exploding.

cerys: how pragmatic of you. im glad we could resolve this amicably. i will be on my way then.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,062 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *puts a hand on her hip* You really think T'Ket would leave herself backed into a corner?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,166 Arc User
    Nick: I mean I'm sure she's not immune to a black hole so *shrug*

*******"

Donovan: I'm on my knees. What do you think I'm gonna do to stop her, pray her to death? *He continues looking forward* what is it you even plan to do when you get out of here?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,228 Arc User
    (I mean they might have some other fail safes or something to teleport the singularity away.)

Janri: Bye Lythe. *she gives a wave and makes an eep sound as she's held by Val* I guess away we go?

Samaia: Be prepared for anything I guess. *she readies herself, worried for what might await them*

Henha: *to Alex* I don't know, something to do with Cerys. I don't have the details. *she looks in through the doorway with a worried look, wondering what's happened to Cerys since she last saw her.*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    Marrok: Well, you apparently are....

Alex: Why am I not surprised? *his ears perk as he listens in on the conversation drifting out of the room and speaks up loud enough for everyone inside to hear* Yes, kindly do not make a scene on the station, please - we just got it fixed and there are civilians onboard. Let her go wherever she wants to go.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Nick: saying that was more a bluff. I have no clue if I'd actually survive a black hole... More theoretical since with hawking radiation I could be thrown back out eventually... On the other hand, I've been informed about.... Spock? Being sent back in time though a black hole along with some romulans and ended up creating another timeline so........ Another way I can possibly survive I guess?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Marrok: Well, that wasn't technically a real black hole - first of all, natural black holes don't create lightning storms in space, and second of all...those ones were generated via Red Matter, so they're artificial - also, wormholes are basically just black holes that have twisted themselves up so much, they create a safe path through themselves.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Valendria: I hope I can get this down right… ok get ready. *the two of them are sucked into a rift. Janri sees a vast sea of blue and purple energy that they seem to be floating thru, then just as suddenly they’re spat out of the exit rift. The air is cold and janri feels the familiar bite of snow on her body as they seem to be on an arctic world.* perfect we made it. Ok so first things first controlling your new found senses and strength. *the sub zero air nips at janri sapping the air from her lungs while the blizzard and high winds make it near impossible to see and hear. She would think herself alone were valendria not holding her shoulder* this is exactly like my adopted home tarsus prime. Brutal and unforgiving with beasts that could take down Astartes.

Tess: *they’re nearly there

Cerys: I will be leaving then. *she walks past the mandalorians and donovan* do not follow me.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,062 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *deadpan look* Are we seriously having this debate on the bridge in front of everyone?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Janri: *As the air freezes around them, a bitter chill Janri hasn't felt since the incident back on Earth, Janri's vampiric features are accentuated, her icy eyes glowing brighter, and her fangs sharpening as her breath fogs plenty. She raises her voice but not too much as she glances around the landscape with what little she can see.* So what are we to do here? Go hunting?

Henha: *As Cerys passes by everyone* Good luck with whatever you need to do.

*Samaia can feel them getting closer, and she prepares herself for coming face to face with Cerys, not sure what to expect after feeling that strange sense of dread reminding her of Oricon.*
  • Options
    *As Marrok opens his muzzle to respond, the Tepes receives an incoming hail* Apparently not.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: You're as bad as your father sometimes. You know that right?
    *looks at the viewscreen*
    On screen.
  • Options
    *Audio-only - it's a distress call from a nearby Dominion world under attack by a Hur'q vanguard, with an immense swarm a few hours out*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *bites her lip*
  • Options
    Marrok: We're...passing the message on, right? You're not planning to intervene, I hope - this ship can't deal with an entire Hur'q fleet by itself.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Noted.... So Krystal. You wanna stay in command a bit longer? Pass the word along about the distress call and head in when we get some backup? I'll even be your tactical officer *he grins* better than having to go wake Raneson up since Commander Victoria isn't here.. more fun than sitting around cloaked, waiting for us, huh?

Donovan: I hope whatever you're doing, is worth continuing to scar your progeny. Especially after they just get their mother back.... I'm sorry I failed you, but most of all I'm sorry I failed them... *He's still on his knees. Looking forward towards the wall. A grim look on his face*
  • Options
    Krystal: Your call Captain. You know your ship better than I do.
  • Options
    Nick: either way, someone has to get on the weapons console, and I don't wanna wake Raneson up to do that. It's really up to you right now..... Captain *he grins*
  • Options
    valendria: in a matter of speaking, we'll train your senses and body untill you can hear a pin drop in this blizzard. now you may be able to channel your ice abilities but that doesnt mean you know how to regulate your own temperature. you'll have to learn fast or you'll be frozen. you'll have it easier then i did at least. so first things first. even tho you're technically dead you can still breath and pump blood, regulate your breathing and move your blood as if you were alive. it sounds complicated but soon enough you'll be able to do it with out even thinking. *the freezing wind hits janri with a cold slap. its as if she stands in a white void slowly freezing, the only thing she can feel other then the sharp wind is valendrias rather warm hand on her shoulder.*

cerys: *walks down the hall still in a calm manner as tess, jaessa and samaia come face to face with her.* im not surprised that its you i see just when i was about to leave. why dont you go and kick a child to make yourself feel better about your wounded pride, or better yet kick yourself because your no better then one.

jaessa: *stands there stunned by the venomous greeting.*

cerys: you wonder why i was never there or why i never bothered using that to push all of your problems onto. i know you've always blamed my "absence" for how you turned out but im done entertaining this illusion of yours zabrina. all you need to do is look in a mirror to see who the blame falls on. you are a vain cruel and arrogant child, you always have been. you push the world away and run away from your problems but you cant run from yourself forever zabrina.

jaessa: bullsh*t! you never even cared about me!

cerys: i loved you more then anything in the world but you have always been such a demon child, you always hated me and lashed out at everyone around you! have you fallen so far into this illusion that you truly believe that i was never there?

jaessa: what illusion!? i dont remember you ever being there for anything!

mira: well.... this doesnt look good.
  • Options
    Krystal: *rolls her eyes* Pass word on.
  • Options
    Janri: So you want me to breathe and pump blood to keep myself from freezing up? *Her shoulder is very cold to the touch, almost like its vacuuming heat. Its vaguely similar to when Janri's emotions get out of control and her ice powers bleed through, but a bit different, being in an area with such freezing temperatures almost seems to be drawing her abilities out more. She breathes deep, forcing her body to regulate itself, her heart beating but its slower than usual. Parts of her body have frost forming on them but they don't completely ice up like they have before.*

Samaia: What the hell brought all this on? *She looks at Cerys* I thought you wanted to make up with your daughters, to make amends for the events of the past, why the sudden turn around?
  • Options
    valendria: you're picking this up faster then i expected, lets see how you do on the hunt.

cerys: i am getting too worked up right now.... but there are things about zabrina that apparently she doesnt even remember..... i admit i have not been the best to jorin and evelynn but i tried with you zabrina and i failed....
  • Options
    Nick: Who do you want on comms, captain. *He walks over to the tactical console*

Donovan: *he continues looking forward, sighing* it's starting to make sense. *He stands up* she's not relapsing....
  • Options
    Janri: What am I hunting? *Its easy for her to breathe without thinking about it, but harder for her to keep her heartbeating steadily without focusing partially on it, but she's managing for now to stop her body from freezing.*

Samaia: Cerys, Jaessa has some measure of happiness now. It might've taken her a while to get here but you haven't quite failed, there's still time for you and her to reconnect. Whatever Jaessa might've done in the past... whatever you might've done in the past, does it really matter? Are you still the same people from back in those days? I don't believe so, you are who you are now, time changes people. If you need to go do something then do it, but don't let history hold you back.
  • Options
    (I could've sworn there was a rule or order of some kind that said Starfleet vessels were required to respond to any and all distress calls if physically able to do so...but I can't find any sign of it.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (Starfleet Regulations state that Federation Starships are required to respond to any and all distress calls. However in this case... pretty sure they'd understand NOT jumping in immediately because of being outnumbered and outgunned by an entire swarm of Hur'q. A case can be made for an exception based on capability TO respond.)

Krystal: Try and get the closest ships that can respond.
  • Options
    (Where did you find that? Because I looked through https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Starfleet_General_Orders_and_Regulations and there was nothing relating to distress calls there.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    valendria: you'll be hunting me while avoiding the predatorial wild life here. *a moment if silence passes as in the distance she can here valendria's voice getting farther away.* good luck!

cerys: *lets out a deep sigh.* i apologize for causing this scene.... when evelynn ran away in such a fright i could'nt bare the pain of my emotions so i let them go for a moment and i guess being driven by logic i simply wanted to leave and forget everything or observe from afar.... i had such a difficult time raising you brina, you've always had such anger and hatred, and a darker side that scared me and your father. you still very much have it but it lies dormant striking out in your fits of rage. perhaps it is better you dont remember the day that you left.... its one i would rather not recall anyway. let go of your hatred and anger, i am more then willing to help you work thru it. i was back then and i still am.

evelynn: *runs back into the room tripping over her robes with a small "oof" she gets back up just as quickly as she fell and runs into cerys's leg latching onto it.*

cerys: i see you're ok. *she smiles down at her.* im sorry for all of this. it was never my intention to harm anyone.... i was just hurting and needed some alone time to process...

jaessa: is that why you had a sense of dread emanating from you?

cerys: yes its something i have a hard time controlling when im going thru emotional turmoil.... i also dont think evelynn can see facial expressions. can you? *she looks down at evelynn who shakes her head in confirmation.*
  • Options
    Nick: *contacts nearby ships for assistance. Also sending a request to the USS Takao for quick response time and one to Alex's ship in case he's bored.* Anyone else we can think of?

Donovan: *exits the room to see everyone else* You had me worried.... *He rubs the back of his neck* thought you were relasping... If you need more help staying the way you want to be with emotions and all, you know where to find me since I apparently help but... Maybe I should just go for now.
  • Options
    Janri: I guess if this is the best way... *She looks around for a moment before reaching down and scooping up some snow then taking a deep breath. She tries to let her mind clear up, letting the aspects of her senses take over instead of pushing them down. She opens her eyes, the icy blue almost glowing in the dim light, and she starts to run, her body cutting through the snow with surprising ease. She can feel the faintest scent of Valendria left. She's still getting used to following trails like this, but as she trusts her instincts it gets easier, a bit clearer*

Samaia: Interesting, I'm able to see facial expressions to an extent. *She looks at Evelynn then Cerys* Well, I'm glad we were able to work things off before you got too far away.

Henha: So Cerys and everyone is okay? *She lets out a sigh of relief*