Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,904 Arc User
    cerys: *jumps into the box keeping evelynn out of it.*

evelynn: *folds her ears down looking defeated.*

jaessa: i really dont get it... why are they fighting over a box....

v'renn: oh.. right my apologies sir.

jorin: there's no need for the titles. id say you've earned it tho.

kenzie: what are jaig eyes?
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,156 Arc User
    Nick: no need to. Best to keep your pilots on standby. Go through their final checks

Donovan: hey.... Why not share the box?... It's big enough for the both of you... She is your daughter, she can sit on your lap or something.

Freeman: an award for bravery I can paint on my armor!

Dundee: *he looks around* oh bloody hell. Did we not pay the electric bill or something? *He starts to head to engineering to see what's up*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,218 Arc User
    Janri: Thank you. *She starts to sip from the blood pack, relaxing a bit thanks to the warmth, her eyes becoming their dimmer shade of icy blue as she's warmed up* So you said you've been to a planet like this before?

Henha: *Following the two of them to the box* I don't even know what's happening anymore. *She finds Cerys and Evelynn adorable* This is certainly gonna take some getting used to.

Samaia: I don't know, maybe its fun for them to sit in it?

*Kurata switches his heavy destroyer into tactical mode and it goes to yellow alert*

Kurata: We mustn't wait too long, else the battle may begin without us.

Reashe: Its a Mandalorian symbol of honor. Bestowed on those who distinguished themselves in battle.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,035 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *puts a hand on her hip as she thinks*
    Ami: We've used our Spore Drive a few times already. Usually in an emergency.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,280 Arc User
    (Um...the battle already began - what do you think the distress call was about? Every minute they delay, more people die as transports are opened to the vacuum of space or explode in massive spherical bursts of antimatter radiation)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (it's suicide to go in with only 3 ships, one of which is better for hitting larger targets heavily, not fighting swarms. Though can probably outfly them with ease)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (I thought we had 4 ships, V'renn, Nick's ship, Kurata's, and Alex's)
  • Options
    (No...I'm not there, and won't be there until the fight's already underway)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (Takao is gonna end up jumping right there.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Valendria: yeah. When I was five my father brought me to a frozen planet like this and thought me how to better control my senses. Tuning out the wind, controlling my temperature so I didn’t freeze, fine tuning my sense of smell to work in most any area and finally learning to adjust my eye sight to see in difficult environments. There are a few other small things but that’s the most important. Being a new vampire you will have a hard time controlling your blood lust and you’ll need more of it to as your body slowly changes. The blood lust gets a bit easier to control but it will always be there especially when you’re starved… it claws at the back of your mind until you give in killing what ever is in your vicinity. I’m not ganna sugar coat it this will be brutal and push you to your limits and at times you may even wish for death but once this is done you will have enough knowledge to be able to function as a regular vampire. You’ll still need to worry about the sun, fire and any silver, holy, or sanctified symbols because those will harm you but minor resistances to those come with age. *she finishes cooking the meat dumping it into a large stew pot* this is your respite for now, after this you’ll need to find your own blood and food as well as shelter and at the very least keep your blood just at bay.

Cerys: *lets evelynn curl up with her as the two fall asleep purring*

Jaessa: looks like they passed out.

V’renn: aye sir.

Kenzie: oh ok so like a Medal of Honor I see

Jorin: in a way. So with that bestowed once you’re done painting I’d like to help you search for your crystal.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: on your order Krystal, well head in

Donovan: that is adorable.

Freeman: crystal is another planet master. Have some coffee and wake up. We're going Krayt hunting
  • Options
    Janri: I've felt it before when I smell blood, I've gotten by with it so far by just repressing it, I'm really good at that. *She feels a bit sad at her semi joke* The times it was the strongest was when I was hungry or someone was bleeding near me, but when I'm focused on something else, like protecting someone its easier to fight back against those urges. *She leans back as she looks at the stew* There have been some... other urges that have been increased since I turned, I have had to deal with those more frequently... *She sighs* Atleast so far I'm starting to get used to my senses, I was trying to tone them down while I was on that mission, but there's something nice about embracing them.

Henha: So cute! *She blushes and suppresses a squeal*

Samaia: *As she keeps petting Jaessa behind her ears* I would say we shouldn't leave them in the hall way, but I don't know about moving them.

Kurata: We're ready to go at a moments notice. *He nods as he reads something on the readout of his eye piece.*

Reashe: I think that's a good way to describe it.
  • Options
    valendria: you've done well so far but out here its only you and the beasts that roam this frozen planet. its night right now during a blizzard so when the sun comes out you will have to prepare yourself for it. for new vampires its a painful first lesson and the reason we are considered creatures of the night. *she mixes the stew around with a very aromac scent filling the cave as it simmers on the fire.*

jaessa: *shrugs staring to doze off from the head pats, she slowly leans into samaia purring.* i dont know, leave'em maybe? not like anyone is ganna bother them.

jorin: right.... *he walks over to a replicator taking his helmet off. anyone looking at him would see he has a pair of cat ears that flick as he shakes his head and gets a cup of coffee yawning.*

kenzie: hmm, i havnt had a chance to learn much about this culture i guess. i dont know if im just a guest or if you would consider me member.

jorin: *shrugs* it depends on if you want to become mandalorian or not. its fine either way since i know you have your own people to worry about.
  • Options
    Nick: *he inspects the sword of Kahless, which he hasn't put away yet* shoulda got that coffee before the message...

Donovan: I'd give a lot to have a camera right now.

Freeman: *continues to paint*
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Janri: Any idea what point the sun starts to become less of an issue? *she closes her eyes, taking in the scent of the food and listening to the sounds around her, her hair a bit messy from all the wind before she arrived giving her a more disheveled look as she rests*

Samaia: I suppose it's alright. But we should get back to our quarters before you fall asleep on me. *she kisses Jaessa* Though I don't mind if I have to carry you back.

Henha: We should leave them to it. *she looks at Cerys and Evelynn with a warm smile*

Reashe: Its up to you what you want to be, but you'd fit in rather nicely.

Clea: Oh the Cat stuff is starting... *she covers her head where cat ears might be on the others*
  • Options
    valendria: with age you can lessen the effects of it a bit but no matter what you'll always have some weakness to it, so if you are going out in it then bring a cloak or something to shade yourself.

jaessa: *fully leans into samaia already passed out.*

evelynn: *stretches nestling into cerys with a yawn.*

jorin: *groggily sips his coffee.*

kenzie: yeah i guess. im not sure what i want to do yet. *she flicks an ear towards clea.* so what about this cat stuff?
  • Options
    Krystal: Yea... Helm lay in a course.
    *A report comes in of a Federation starship just appearing in orbit and engaging the Hur'q*
  • Options
    (Odo is going to be very surprised when he drops out of warp to find a Federation starship already there - one that, to his knowledge, was stationed at K-13 and is in no way significantly faster than any of his ships.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *the Tepes starts to move into the system to join the Takao in battle*

Nick: why didn't she jump to the actual coordinates I provided? I gave the rally point, not the smack dab middle of the battle.

Donovan: I think I'll leave in a little bit. They're adorable.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    (At least she didn't jump into a decaying orbit with a class O star...even though it wasn't blue like a class O should've been

Also...does anyone besides me think that maybe doing this:
    In 3190, the prototype pathway drive was to be installed in USS Voyager for testing, and the newly inaugurated Federation President Laira Rillak was evaluating candidates for the captaincy. (DIS: "Kobayashi Maru")
    is a bad idea? Especially on a ship with THAT particular name?)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Janri: Oh boy, an Orion dressing so conservatively, what will people say? *shes joking* Thanks for the advice. It's something I'll need to get used to.

Samaia: *she carries Jaessa back to their room, humming something on the way out*

Henha: I've got to make sure things on the station are winding down from the alert I suppose. *she gives a wave to the sleeping duo and then one to Donovan as she starts to head off*

Clea: *she points her fingers up from her head like ears then points at Jorin*

Reashe: Oh that is odd... I guess it was a vision.

Kurata: *gives the Jem'hadar standard speech to his crew as they make their way into the system to meet the Hur'q in battle.*
  • Options
    valendria: im sure you'll manage. *she says serving up some stew to janri and herself.* knowing how to cook is a bit of a secret of mine, but its kinda hard to mess up stew. it's my mothers recipe. *the stew has an assortment of well portioned and cut vegetables, meat and broth that is well seasoned but not overly so. valendria starts in on her stew paying little mind to how hot it is.*

jaessa: *quietly sleep talks.*

v'renn: so we're going in then? helm take us out! *the knight hammer follows behind.*

kenzie: what was a vision?

jorin: im not sure....
  • Options
    Janri: I should cook for you some time. I did a pretty good job cooking for Nexa as she grew up, course its been a while since I cooked for company. But that sort of talent doesn't fade away. *She blows on her stew waiting for it to cool off before eating it*

Samaia: You might get the chance when you're less sleepy. *she chuckles as they enter their quarters and she locks the door behind them, getting Jaessa into bed*

Reashe: Look. *She points at the top of Jorin's head* That's new.
  • Options
    *the stew is surprisingly good with robust flavors that arnt too over barring*

valendria: i learned out of necessity.

kenzie: yeah... looks kinda odd on him.

jorin:what? *he moves his hands to his head looking surprised as to what he feels up there.*
  • Options
    (oi, haven't seen it yet. No spoilers, shadow.)

Nick: once more into the Frey.

Donovan: *sits on the ground to keep watch on the two, slowly nodding off*

Freeman: what's going on out there?
  • Options
    Janri: I learned from my Aunt. My own mother wasn't too interested in taking care of me as I grew up, she was too busy with Syndicate business. This is pretty good. *She smiles as she eats*

Reashe: I guess it kind of works?

Clea: I should be on the lookout for Mira... *She eyes the ship suspiciously*

*Kurata's vessel, the Relentless begins to head into the thick of it, unleashing its polaron weaponry on the Hur'q to come to the aid of the ship that arrived first*
  • Options
    valendria: i learned from books, never really knew my family that well. it was just me and my dad for as long as i can remember. *she stares into her bowl.* dad said that mt mother died shortly after i was born. i guess it was complications with my birth.... but he did talk a lot about her. she was a short a lot shorter then my dad and built heavier in the chest and hips but the thing about her that he always loved was her long blond hair that reminded him of the sunlight he could never see and her bright emerald eyes. every time he would tell me stories about her, the way that he described.... i swear i could almost visualize her..... he'd always say if i didnt have his curse i would have the same eyes as her..... *she starts to tear up as she looks down at her stew*

jorin: i uuuuh... guess i have cat like features. *he says inspecting his ears and tail*

kenzie: wait why would mira be around here?

*the knight hammer makes its way to the battle*
  • Options
    Janri: Hey Valendria... *She gets close to her and pulls her into a motherly hug* Its okay, I've lost family and loved ones... I understand that pain, that longing. You may not have known her, but I'm sure she loved you.

Reashe: Do you feel any different?

Clea: She's going to try and do that neck thing on me if she sees me. She might've been the one who made Jorin get cat features, unless it was connected to the rest of our family.
  • Options
    Nick: If ya got any specific request Krystal, I'm sure my crew would love to hear them, until they come up though, lets not sit out of the battle while the rest of 'em are already getting into the thick of it!

*The Tepes lines up and preforms a strafing run on a Nekcrid Assembly with its MK XV Phaser Cannons, heavily damaging it as it zooms past it to the other side, the other side with no shield covering is hit with the Turrets and railgun of the Tepes as it flies past*

Freeman: I know Briana has fox ears or something sometimes. that's be cool.
  • Options
    valendria: maybe, but all ive ever had was my father. its nice to have others that care about me.

v'renn: fire phase lance! *the knoght hammer fires two bursts of its lance splitting the nekcrid in half and finishing it off moving to a fire on any ship near its position with its compliment of peregrine fighter squadrons taking care of any swarmers.*

jorin: i havnt seen her anywhere so it must be a family thing but i have no idea what caused this....

kenzie: must be some wierd universal thing or something. *shrugs.