test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,227 Arc User
    Janri: I guess getting beamed out like that isn't unusual for everyone else, but its definitely a new experience for me. *she looks around* Are the others still on the ship?

Kinkoshi: things have been pretty quiet in the galaxy until recent centuries I suppose, though us Klingons have likely had the most exciting tales, of us killing our own gods and the like. *she chuckles* I even went to my species Hell, as in the literal plane of hell.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,165 Arc User
    Quark: *as the group runs towards the extraction point, Quark gets shoved while passing by a a Hur'q fighting 2 thralls, the remote for the Hur'q attracting device being thrown from his hand onto the floor where is is crushed under the heel of a Fek'iri Slave Master doing battle with a defiler*

Nick: *he rushes Quark along* Forget about it, we need to leave. I got the detonator for the bomb! *the Group meets back with leck at the extraction point, he taps his commbadge* O'Connor to Tepes, we're here, get us out and fast! *the away team is beamed out one by one, appearing in the transporter room*

Adam: Captain O'Connor has given the signal for the away team to be brought back! *he taps away on his console* We've got them all and we're ready to move!

Koroh: Shall we be off, Captain?
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,281 Arc User
    Marrok: Well, that could've gone better *he states as Nick and co. appear on the transporter pad*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,052 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Helm, back us off. Plot escape vectors. And if anyone wants a good laugh... Initiate the Get the Hell Out Of Here Maneuver.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    lythe: *silently walks off before anyone can notice her.*

tess: im not familiar with the term hell....
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    (I am now officially level 31 - with large amounts of health-related debuffs that shouldn't be showing up this early.)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (happy birthday... I know the health things all too well. Hurts to stand for more than 10 minutes... Existing at all is painful... That's just the physical stuff. The mental stuff would take like a week)

Nick: Unless we need to break down a city wall, I'd suggest next time it'd be a good idea to keep the handheld rod from god slinger at home. Now before I forget. *He pulls the detonator from his jacket and activates it with a clicking sound.* That should take care of that. *He turns to Quark* so we've got the sword. We're even. Right?

Quark: of course captain. Rule of acquisition 16; A deal is a deal.

Nick: Thank God, The Prophets, Odin, Keros, Buddha, Poseidon and whatever other deities are out there for that. *He sighs* anyways how are you holding up Lythe, Janri..

Koroh: setting course for anywhere that isn't here *the cloaked Tepes starts to move away before it's rocked suddenly. Nothing more after that*

Sn'ket: Captain. Something on the Iconian ship just detonated. And.... I'm. Picking up a small singularity consuming the Iconian ship from the inside.. the fluctuations are similar to a warbird singularity core breathing containment.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    (Oh, by the way...expect a distress call from a dominion-protected world on the way back - wanna do Swarm.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,052 Community Moderator
    Krystal: What's our status?
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Janri: I think Lythe is gone. She might need medical attention after what happened, but I don't know if her natural healing will just take care of things. Otherwise I'm a bit shaken all things considered.

Kinkoshi: Different cultures seem to have different variations of it. Ours was the source of Fek'ihri, demons that wanted to conquer us.
  • Options
    Lythe: * walks down the hall of the tepes losing her self in thought she used her mental manipulation on anyone in the initiate vicinity to simply ignore her and walk by.*

Tess: there isn’t really an under world for my people.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    (Almost time for howloween, so a little reminder - when decorating, don't use environmentally-unfriendly plastic skeletons - use locally-sourced, all-natural skeletons instead, like I am!)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: What's got you so shaken?

Sn'ket: We're clear of the iconian ship

Adam: But the bad news, Cloak is starting to lose power. now would be the time to go then, captain?
  • Options
    Krystal: Yea. Time to go. Do what you can to maintain the cloak, but get ready for a tactical jump if we need it.
  • Options
    (Or just jump out immediately - but I think there was a fight at this point in the actual mission.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Janri: On the one hand, it's good to deal with mundane things, but the last time I saw heralds was during the war, when I was just a mother living alone on a colony. Even now that I have the power to fight back its hard to forget what I felt in those days.

Kinkoshi: Ah, I guess it'd be hard to equate then. *she shrugs*
  • Options
    lythe: *paces around the tepes.*

tess: we do have our own religions and afterlife if it can be called that. its said that when one dies they're returned to the cosmos as part of the great sea of consciousness to be born anew in another life.

valendria: *wakes up looking over at nexa with a small grin as she kisses her forhead. moving out of bed she goes to get dressed then silently paces around as she contemplates something.*
  • Options
    (eh, I'm skipping the fight, especially since you wanna do the swarm thing after)

Koroh: Right away, Captain. Setting a course back to the Alpha Quadrant!

*The Tepes goes to warp just as the cloak starts to short out and a few swarmers nearly notice them. They're off, headed back towards the wormhole*

Nick: I understand... You should start feeling a bit of pride though. We fought well and have laid claim to our prize. *He gestures to Quark with the sword* and we're bringing home some measure of closure for many families... Right, you weren't there for that part. We found T'ket's stash of Starfleet combadges she kept as trophies. They will be sent back to their families. Now Quark, would you like me to put the Sword in secure storage?

Quark: for now. You wanted Bashir to take a look at it when we got back to The Station, right?

Nick: That is correct. In legend, the Hur'q took the sword in Conquest from Qo'nos. Perhaps these legends can shed some light on our foes. Don't worry, I know what you're worried about. Worried you won't be able to sell it to who you want to. I'll talk to starfleet about a reward. I know a lot of us are expected to do things out of the goodness of our hearts as federation citizens, but we've been in the galaxy long enough to know Ferengi aren't that way.

Quark: What's the catch, Captain? Does Odo miss the old days and set all this up to seen me thrown in the brig?

Nick: No catch. You get Martok's latnium, some starfleet latnium we'll write off as.. and investment in you getting that Tulaberry wine contract or something. And you get all the Latnium we stole from T'ket.. minus 8 of the Bars.

Quark: Eight bars!? Why do you need eight bars?!

Nick: 2 for Lythe, 2 for Janri, 2 for marrok, and 2 for myself. I need to pay our comrades in arms for their service during this. Unlike me, they aren't starfleet.

Quark: But you are starfleet, why do you need payment?!

Nick: I imagine I'll still be having to pay for drinks dispite how much money I'll be making you, so it's for that. I'm also getting you an extra reward on top of what you're getting from Martok

Quark: Wait, you've mentioned Martok twice. Captain, I'm an honest businessman, I'm not sure why you think-

Nick: Starfleet Intelegence... And just so you know, I'm on your side here. Give him the blade, sell it to him. That's the best thing you can do for the galaxy. If we just took the sword from you and gave it to General Martok, it may be seen by J'mpok as a "Federation act of agression" or something along the lines of threatening his power. But you're a Ferengi civilian not part of the federation, you're not going to provoke his ego into a war with the federation. Especially since you can keep it on the down low. So you're going to sell Martok the blade, get a nice investment to "stimulate trade with the gamma quadrant" and you get all this nice Iconian latnium, minus eight of the bars. I could have wanted a lot more. But these are pretty thick bars and quite the payday already. So it's a deal?

Quark: as much as I hate to let you get away with some of those bricks, they're nothing compared to that investment, aren't they?... Take your bars Captain... Y'know, are you sure you don't have some Ferengi in you? Even a bit of a pretty dumb one for asking for so Little.

Nick: Worse, I'm all Human and have lived through the parts of humanity that make even you uncomfortable.

Quark: Captain, surely you really can't be that old.

Nick: More than a thousand years old, Quark. I survived on that Bugship for years without food, water... I was lucky to have air really. Also I was just killed in front of you less than an hour ago...

Quark: don't remind me... why is it, that you Hyu-mons have the most strange things happen to you... I suppose I'll believe it for now. *He offers the sword to Nick* at least I know at least two of those bars will wind up back in my pockets. Although I could offer you two bars worth of vouchers instead.

Nick; I may be Human, but I am no fool. *He gives a slight smile as he takes the sword from Quark*

Delgado/Eli: *wandering around the corridors of the Tepes, he passes Lythe, giving her a slight wave and a smile*

Donovan: *stands up from the bar and heads over to the replicator* so I use my voice for this if I remember correctly.. give me some crab cakes, some Honey Garlic Sockeye Salmon and Asparagus and a plate of shrimp scampi.
  • Options
    Janri: All this for the Sword of Kahless. I heard a bit about klingon history while I was growing up in the Syndicate. I guess I'll go look for Lythe, I'm worried about her injuries.

Nexa: *She makes a muh sound, opening her eyes a little as she finally starts to waken* Feels like we slept in.

Kinkoshi: You might be surprised at how many tales of after lives and reincarnation turn out to be correct. I've heard of some others that have turned out to be real as well. *she looks amused* I suppose some might find comfort in that.
  • Options
    lythe: *her appearance to eli looks like that of a ghost, barely visible as she blinks in and out of existence in his eyes.* figures that you would be able to see me.

tess: indeed. im curious, have you ever been to my home galaxy?

valendria: yeah, i was ganna go check in on yer mom and lythe to see how they were doing.... im not sure if i should've left janri with out knowing the first thing on how deal with her condition......
  • Options
    Marrok: Uncle Nick...the Nagual is a standard sidearm - the other things are even MORE destructive...unless you want me to bring a plasmathrower next time. Oh and here are all the things I picked up. *he sets his weapon down so he can start bringing things out of transporter suspension, including the Voyager golden disk* Hey...is this the ACTUAL Voyager disk?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Janri: *She sighs* I wouldn't even know where to begin looking for her. *She starts to wander around the ship, trying to follow the scent of Lythe, occassionally looking at her hammer, splatters of herald blood still on it* I'm going to need to clean this off too...

Kinkoshi: No, I've heard bits about it through files and occassional conversation but I've never visited it myself.

Nexa: I haven't heard from them since they went off on that mission, I hope they're alright. Going to see them would be a good idea, and Mom could definitely use some advice or training on what she is now. *She rubs the sleep from her eyes* Still taking some getting used to being comfy in bed again.
  • Options
    Sn'ket: were clear now... And the cloak is blown out, so we're lucky we got out when we did... Lieutenant Commander Anderson must be having an aneurysm.... Or a cursing fit...

Nick: looks like it. It belongs in a Museum... Where would she get or why would she keep a replica?... As for your comment. Go ahead and bring the plasmathrower. And *as Marrok places the bars on a table, he picks two up and hands them to him* there's your cut for the job. *He takes 2 more and tries to hand them to Janri before she walks off* eh. I'll hand them off to her later... *He turns back to Marrok* seriously, next time, I'm just gonna hand you a phaser or something, I seriously thought you used dark matter weapons. Those are actually pretty cool. I was offered Dark Matter Quantum Torpedoes for the Tepes and I regret saying no... That aside. Sword of Kahless, pretty amazing, right? *He inspects the blade in his hands, grinning wide*

Delgado/Eli: you're powerful enough to make it harder for me to see you, but I'm powerful enough to feel someone messing with my sense of perception, especially since I use similar techniques. All this proves is I need to train more often to bring out the potential I've been told that I have.... I've been very lax in training it would seem... It's Not often I deal with other people with psionics. Perhaps you'd like to train together... Just to make it clear I mean actually train. I'm not interested in other pursuits, I've got someone I love back home. Besides, that blond Lieutenant on the Bridge has eyes for you. Not to mention that Orion woman.. at least I'd assume based on what I've seen of her. *He shrugs* I'm rambling, my apologies, do you need medical assistance?

Donovan: *takes his plate of food and looks around for somewhere to sit, deciding eating at the bar seems kinda sad*
  • Options
    Romani: *cursing in Japanese as she starts tearing the broken cloak out*
    Krystal: Pretty sure any Engineer would honestly. Deunan would probably be outright demanding its removal, and then want to punch whoever had the bright idea of installing questionable equipment in the first place.
  • Options
    lythe: *she returns to view of everyone else.* im surprised you could see me at all. and yes you really do ramble on... never once have i mixed training with intercourse... im not even interested in companionship anyway.

tess: maybe some day you will be able to visit.

valendria: ill go check on them and be back in awhile.
  • Options
    Janri: *when she thinks she's getting close to where Lythe might be she feels a familiar headache, one of someone attempting to mess with her brain's interpretation of her senses. She gets a bit off track, rubbing her temples* I feel like there's got to be some sort of regulation against causing other people on a ship physical headaches.

*eventually she manages to find Lythe and Eli, her fangs poking out a little more noticeably* That would explain it. *but she relaxes seeing Lythe with him* I didn't see you much when you got back from the ship, I hope you're taking the chance to get your injury looked at.

Kinkoshi: I would enjoy getting the opportunity. It sounds like an interesting place, and I think Klingons would get along well with Mandalorians.

Nexa: I'll be here for you when you get back. Tell them I said hi. *she smiles as she stretches, getting up to get dressed*
  • Options
    Marrok: Seriously, is this the original Voyager golden disk? I remember Grandpaw Alex saying something about this...that there was a hidden message on it or something.​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Hidden message? What do you mean?

Sn'ket: I think we knew going into this, it wouldn't have been a permanent addition. Just a temporary measure for this mission.

Adam: at least it's over now. Anything we should do now?

Delgado/Eli: No, she was trying to sneak off. If I didn't happen upon her, I'm sure she would have hidden away somewhere. *He turns his head back to Lythe* sounds like you're going to break a few hearts, but it's your life.

Donovan: *shrugs and sits at an empty table, not knowing who else he could sit with*
  • Options
    lythe: i am simply not interested in those menial distractions. *she looks over at janri.* unless i sustain a near fatal wound, i can self heal and recover with time. you are far more worried about me then you should be. as i said i have taken far worse and survived, it was nothing that i could'nt handle.

tess: most of us dont really know what to do, with our ship crippled we're basically marooned here on the station. the more engineer inclined of the clan have been doing what they can but i doubt the tracyna will ever fly again.

valendria: *pulls her coat and holsters on and pulls her long black hair into a messy ponytail that still reaches the floor.* alright ill let them know, be back in a bit. *she says before disappearing into a black rift.*
  • Options
    Janri: I'm a mother Lythe, I'm used to worrying over small cuts and bruises. *She sounds a little teasing but gives a smile* But I'm glad to hear you're okay. Aside from that I'm pretty sure I can now heal from grave injuries pretty well. Hell I.. that one time... *she shivers as she remembers when her skull got caved in during the events of their previous adventure until she was given some kind of potion that healed her* Well, I won't say no to something that speeds up my recovery.

Kinkoshi: There are some ways to get a ship, I might be able to help out with that if the Tracyna is going to be dead in the water.

Nexa: See you then hon. *she waves as Val disappears* I feel like she's going to trip over that. *When she's done getting dressed she heads out to check on her crew*