test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,932 Arc User
    *suddenly janri is clotheslined by something stopping her motion in a sudden smack. valendria's scent fades away.*

cerys: relapse makes me sound like a drug addict.... i dont like not having emotions.......

jaessa: *looks deep in thought.*

kenzie: *shifts over as she gently nudges raeshe.* hey i think we fell asleep.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,183 Arc User
    Donovan: I'm using it as a purly medical term. I'm not comparing you to a drug addict. It's just simply the term like one can relapse with mental trauma or disease. I'm not sure how else to refer to losing one's emotions once more after an extended period of not having them.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (Remission)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    (Remission is the opposite of a relapse. For example if cancer is in remission, it means it's less severe/controlled. Relapse would be the cancer getting worse after it was starting to get better.)
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Marrok: Shouldn't we contact Odo at DS9 too? This IS a Dominion world, but you know the main Dominion fleet won't come.​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,147 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Do you know how far out we are? I don't even know how many ships WE have out this far.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Marrok: Like...90 lightyears or so from the Idran system?​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: nearly slipped my mind. *He sends out the signal to Odo* okay, now anyone else?
  • Options
    *Odo replies back a few minutes later stating he's already on the way with whatever Vanguard he could scramble from DS9, having received the distress call through the Idran listening post*

(I mean, he kind of has to be there, since he was the briefing agent for Swarm - also, I really wish they would've named the planet being evacuated...I thought it might've been Karemma or Dosi or something, but no - it's just some random planet

also, if anyone had Jem'Hadar characters at DS9 - now's the time to bring them in)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,246 Arc User
    Janri: Ow. *She growls, rolling backwards and getting into a pouncing position, looking for whatever hit her*

Samaia: What is it Jaessa?

Henha: I guess now that Cerys and everyone are okay I can send an all clear signal to the station. *She starts typing on her wrist padd, and the yllow alert begins to end.*

Reashe: Huh? *She groans as she opens her eyes* I guess we must've been out for a bit. Guess a place like this is rather cozy even on a desert planet. I was pretty tired after all that.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    *standing over janri is a massive bipedal beast. it roars at her with multiple rows of sharp teeth. with surprising speed for its size it moves forward to pick her up.*

cerys: im sorry its jsut been a difficult few days.... *she sighs then looks over at jaessa.* i do hope we can come to an understanding. i will always love you and jorin and evelynn. if you want to talk i will be open....

mira: seeing you like that reminds me of how scary my mom can be... the only difference is she's missing an eye and has cat features and you dont.

cerys: im sorry what?

mira: my mom is your counterpart where i come from.

cerys: right i think ive seen her.

mira: i wonder if there is something blocking it or maybe... *she walks over punching the back of cerys's neck.*

cerys: what are yo- aah! *as her neck is pinched a blonde tail slowly grows from the base of her tailbone and feline ears sprout up on the top of her head. her new ears fold back as she looks at mira.*

evelynn: *gasps as she runs over to mira jumping up at her with childish excitement* me next me next!

kenzie: you tuckered out after a bit so i decided to lay down with you. i would've cuddled but mjolnir armor isnt the best for that. *she says making a few groggy cat sounds.*
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    Nick: and now we're on standby. If any of them show up first, it will likely be the Takao.... Followed by Odo... Then Alex if he's actually bored.

Donovan: *blinks* wow, they look great on you... Can I pet them? *He grins as he asks Cerys*
  • Options
    (Unfortunately, the message to Alex encountered a nasty ion storm en route to K-13 and it arrived too garbled to be understood, so he won't be showing up until much later, when things inevitably go wrong)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (well Takao is also at K13 too as far as I know. Hopefully Ami isn't delayed)
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Janri: Alright, we're doing this now. I face down nightmarish creatures in a weird hellscape, I can handle some jumpstart animal from an ice planet. *She growls and kicks off from the ground with a small explosion of ice to give her a boost to avoid its grasp. She's unsure how to take this down but she goes for a swipe with her claws on the back of one of its legs, intended to cut some of its muscles*

Henha: What? How does that work? *she looks confused as suddenly Cerys grows catlike features. She circles around, tempted to poke the ears or pet the tail but decides against it*

Samaia: *She whispers to Jaessa* Is that something you can do too?

Reashe: that's fair. *she stretches and looks around, rubbing her stomach* How long were we out?

(I guess Kurata could come along, been a while since he did stuff)
  • Options
    *to janri's surprise the giant snow beast follows thru with the rest of the swing, twisting around and smashing its fist into her with immense force before she can try to claw at it.*

cerys: what... no! *she says to donovan as her tail fluffs up.* i dont know how any of this works....

mira: *gently pinches evenlynns neck as she also sprouts cat ears and a tail matching her white hair color* there you go kiddo.

evelynn: yaay! *she giggles running around.*

jaessa: i doubt it.....

mira: well it involves a bit of magic and an ever so slight nerve pinch. you see every counter part of myself or my family that ive met have had these features, the spartain, that one inquisitor with her eldar friend, myself, and of course the original jakara who we all stem from as well as seras and her verious multiversal counterparts. so it stands to reason that you'd have them to since you're a counterpart of kara. *she moves behind jaessa lightly pinching her neck the result being the same as cerys and evelynn.*

jaessa: *sprouts a pair of black fured cat ears and a fluffy black tail with boney spikes on the spine of it.* what th- *she punches mira in her face but mira doesnt budge instead jaessa recoils letting a pained grunt out and holding her hand feeling like she hit a metal wall.* goddamnit!..... you're more durable then you look....

mira: were you trying to hit me?

kenzie: im not sure but it was a nice rest.
  • Options
    Donovan: I mean I don't know how it works either, just... It seems... Pretty neat-o. Besides, it will renew whatever effect I have that keeps you with your emotions, and I don't wanna see you lose them again.
  • Options
    Janri: *She gets knocked back, hissing at it and deciding to actually use what she's been restraining and yells out a war cry as the snow in front of her explodes into ice shards directed towards the creature, with Janri moving faster while an unnatural chill fills the air, Janri's fingers taking on a more wicked appearance as her claws freeze over with hardened ice, going to cut it, moving to dodge another punch*

Samaia: You need to enhance your physical strength with the more more to hit her I guess. *She scratches her head* Mira you really should've asked for permission first.

Henha: *she pokes the tip of Cerys tail* I think it might be too soon to try petting.

Reashe: Maybe Freeman finally finished with his helmet, we should go check in with the others. *she stretches as she gets up*
  • Options
    (Don't mind me - just looking absolutely badass

n4Pl7sU.jpeg​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (is it me, or does the face just seem... A bit short? Seems more feline than wolf-like to me)
  • Options
    (Yes, it is a tad short...but being this was free, I already nagged the guy about the collar having a double row of spikes instead of a single like it now does and the collar needing to be a deeper shade of purple and also asking to have the various buckles and straps removed from the shoulder...I feel I might be pushing to ask for the muzzle to be stretched out as well.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *the beast leaps high into the air before janri manages to hit it disappearing from sight*

Cerys: *her tail poofs up as she gets a cold shiver up her spine* hey!… it’s sensitive…

Evelynn: I’m a kitty! *she says running on all fours giggling excitedly*

Mira: let’s face it you hate fun.

Jaessa: I don’t hate fun….

Mira: yeah you kinda do. Lighten up you look cute with cat ears. *she says running after evelynn* hey eve if you can catch me I’ll make you some new robes. What ever style you want. *evelynn immediately changes direction and charges at Mira in a full sprint with a determined look on her face* oh sh*t she’s fast.

Jaessa: *her ears fold down in embarrassment as she looks around feeling bashful.*

Kenzie: hopefully. *she says getting up*
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,147 Community Moderator
    (The issue is that if Ami gets it in the clear, but Alex doesn't because of an Ion Storm, and they are BOTH at K-13... How do you explain one ship getting the message just fine and another IN THE EXACT SAME SYSTEM not because of an Ion Storm? You can't. Its either both get it in the clear, or both don't get it because Ion Storms aren't selective, and Alex would have picked up the signal for Takao as well. Not only that, isn't Alex flying something far more advanced than the Takao? How would a retrofit Crossfield be able to get a message through an Ion Storm and Alex can't? Doesn't make any sense.)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    (Well, Ion storms are like regular storms - if things align just right, things can get through, though probably garbled beyond recognition, so Takao could've gotten some of it and cleaned it up...but that still leads to a scenario where it's way too early because they'd just pass it on to Alex anyway...the only way Takao could get moving right away while Alex gets left behind is if they can leave immediately and he needs time to get the Lycaon combat-ready)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (and the Tepes isn't going in without reinforcements. its a small escort. sure its got some great weapons, but it's not gonna be useful if its mostly dodging swarmers.... Just let the Takao get out there. spore drive means it could be there in a snap. let alex take his time to get ready if he has to.)

Nick: Only Odo's fleet has responded positive right now....

Donovan: If she's just taking the initiative and giving you a poke. *he shrugs and plants a hand on Cerys' head, giving her headpats and pets her ears* Sorry in advance?
  • Options
    [Deep Space K-13]

*Alex is in the mess hall nursing a drink, a PAW full of boring bureaucratic TRIBBLE and a massive headache when his comm badge chirps, and he sighs in relief and smacks triple blood moon design* Greymane here.

Arak'Ralan: Captain, we have just received a transmission, but it was relayed through a passing ion storm between here and Deep Space Nine and it was badly garbled - we are in the process of cleaning it up, and the fragment we managed to recover mentioned you by name.

Alex: Hang on, I'll be over in a-

[Lycaon bridge]

Alex: -moment. *he finishes as he appears suddenly on the bridge, much to the consternation of several of his senior staff, but the Jem'Hadar tactical/comms officer is unfazed* What have we got?

(You'll have to make up an appropriately garbled transmission.)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*bonks with a rubber mallet*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Janri: The hell kind of planet are we on? *She growls then clenches her first, feeling the frost the chill throughout the air. She sweeps her leg, much of the snow in the area dissipating into a powdery form and swirling around with the winds of the blizzard*

Henha: Uh, I just poked it, it's a big step up from poking to head pats. *she looks a bit surprised at Donovan, but waits a moment, petting Cerys' tail near the tip*

Samaia: Don't worry about it too much, I think it looks fine on you. *she kisses Jaessa's cheek*

*Reashe hums and leads the way back to the ship*
  • Options
    valendria: lets see if you can find me while also avoiding the predictors of this frozen wasteland. *valendria's voice seems to be emiting from everywhere unable to be pinpointed. the only thing she can smell is the rancid odor of that beast that attacked her priviously.*

cerys: *her tail fluffs up even more as she folds her ears back taking a step back away from them.* is personal space non-existent!? *she looks overwhelmed by everything.* just because i have these features doesnt mean you can fondle them when ever you want! *she hugs her tail trying to calm down.*

jaessa: least i dont have to deal with that. hell if it were me i would've just cut them in half. the only ones id let... pet... me i guess is close family....

*in the distance evelynn repeatedly leaps at mira trying to use everything to her advantage but mira dodges her at every turn.*

kenzie: *follows raeshe walking back onto the ship to find jorin sleeping but he seems to be purring as he snoozes.* uuuh since when could he do that?
  • Options
    Message: Thi- * garbled static* -tain Nic- * more garbled static* -.S. Tepes, requesting assis- *garbled static once more* -ta Quadrant. We're resp- *static* -gnal. Hur'q are inb- *static* -do has been asked for reenf- *static* -ough some addi- *static* woul- *static* -out 90 lightye- *static* Idran system, but sti- *static* -aching coordinates to this mes- *static* O'Connor ou- *static as the message ends*

Nick: Krystal, need a cup of coffee or something? if we're waiting for reinforcements, we've got nothing else to do until they get here

Donovan: I apologize, I haven't seen a cat in decades, or a person with cat ears ever.... Mutations in the wasteland are never that... Appealing? I will show restraint from here.