test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,185 Arc User
    Nick: so it's not just me thinking that. Something feels really screwy here, Krystal. And I don't like it. Its like someone was here before us, to sabotage our work here.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Kira: Possible being a prison planet its easier to get in then to leave.

Bashir: Well, for our work to actually work, we need to get these last data up to one of our ship to do the last adjustments.

Opaka: You might need to bring the network down hard for us to leave.

Kira: Well, there is a few Hur'Q fleets in the area, so they possibly woudl notice if this planets defense network was down and coming to do what they do.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Jessica: We'll have to look into the benson when we get back. But I feel like staying too long is going to be risky if we take down the network.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    Krystal: No kidding. But with no way to contact our ships...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: our only link is Alex and his teleporting.
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • Options
    Opaka: Well, thankfully my ministrations to these people seemed to work. I just wish that those ones that have been turned can be undone. We litterally have to vaporize these machines to destroy them, and any who a killed here are spiked with those spikes, and turned into more of them. Do not fire on the husks, or they will attack you, and they will not stop coming.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Nick: *glances at Krystal, giving her a reassuring look that she won't die* it seems some of my friends here already knew that... this seems... horrifying... once we get everyone that can be saved... I would highly reccomend blasting as many of these things as we can from orbit.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,174 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Better to report back as soon as possible.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Nick: agreed...
  • Options
    hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,933 Arc User
    Evelynn: I will trust your judgment on it when the time comes then.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    alex: how about we just evacuate everyone, knock out the defense grid and level the entire planet? i have enough ragnarok torpedoes aboard my ship to incinerate this moon's surface​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    Krystal: Wut?
  • Options
    alex: i don't want the chance of even a single bit of reaper tech surviving, and this moon is lifeless - it has no complex life past the bacteria state, so i wouldn't be killing anything that could develop into sentient - and eventually sapient - life​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    Krystal: And what about the diplomatic fallout? Technically we are in Dominion space, and this is technically a Dominion planet. How do you think they'd react to you glassing a planet in the Gamma Quadrant? They might think the Federation's attacking them and we'd end up with Dominion War 2 on top of the Hur'q AND Reapers!

As much as I agree with the idea of not letting any Reaper tech survive... destroying a planet can't be the go to solution. We can't just Exterminatus whatever planet we feel like. *sighs and puts a hand on her muzzle*
  • Options
    alex: i don't think they'd care about a lifeless rock...if anything, they'd probably praise my ruthlessness and willingness to do what needs to be done - especially after they find out hur'q were sighted in the area​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Besdes... if he does it, we have plausible deniability... So what now?

Briana: Good to hear!
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    alex: see? he agrees with me...though, given i'm currently flying a clearly federation starship design, i'm not sure just how much plausible deniability you'd actually have...unless i have the cúchulainn do it - which reminds me *he stares at nick expectantly*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: i mean if I were to advocate for it, I would say you should have the ship named after some mythical irish legend do it. But you wouldn't do that, right? You wouldn't do that after everyone else leaves the system making us unable to stop you.
  • Options
    alex: oh, so you DO recognize where the name came from...i was wondering when you never asked about it​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I'm not really one to question ship names.... but you know what in your case I will. You're a brit, right? And you have an empire that doesn't seen too earth oriente . Why did you name a ship after a figure from irish mythology?
  • Options
    edited August 2019
    alex: because Cúchulainn's name translates to 'Culann's Hound' for reasons i'm sure you're familiar with if you know his story - you'll find a LOT of things in the imperium are named for canid-based things, as befits an empire run by a lycanthrope, as i'm sure you've already seen based on some of the class names for my ships you've seen - ulfhednar, hellhound, fenris, lykaon and so on​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Krystal: *sighs and just looks up into the sky*
  • Options
    alex: don't do that - you'll get shat on by a bird and go blind​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: Krystal. I can imagine what you're thinking but we cant have a threat this big have a resource like this place.
  • Options
    alex: and we can't let the dominion have it either - which they might be able to reverse engineer something if we only use standard bombardment to destroy all these dragon's teeth...and we don't even know if that's the only example of reaper tech here​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Nick: I hadn't even considered that... the dominion would find a way to use this and we cannot let them. Lest they turn the entire gamma quadrant into a subservient land of zombies.
  • Options
    Krystal: *groans again* I don't even know how to respond anymore...
  • Options
    Nick: Krystal... this place is a danger. A threat. What are we supposed to do, let it be used agienst us? Let it be used as the starting point for the slaughter of billions?
  • Options
    At this time, anyone looking up will notice that some tiny flashes of light, as a hur"q squadron wanted to say hello the Exeter, but they cant. As they are now more debris.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited August 2019
    *alex arches his head up* oh...pretty fireworks - also, that's another reason to blow this moon to cinders...if the hur'q run across those spikes, they'll probably all end up getting converted, and with how many there are....​​

#LegalizeAwoo