test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    (I'm back, why did we just teleport to opaka though?)
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    (because average human walking speed is 3.1 MPH and no one wanted to spend 2 hours walking?)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    (Hey, West)

You are transported to a Box Canyon, however, the smells of Bajoran insence is far stronger here. There is a wooden structure similar to many shrines on Bajor.

Kira: Whoa, that was wierd.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    alex: you must really be made of stern stuff - usually first-timers yak after they reincorporate​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • nickkyana#2794 nickkyana Member Posts: 16,209 Arc User
    Nick: anyone see any walking cyber corpses? *Looks at the structure*
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Thankfully no... And Alex... Kai Kira fought the Cardassians, and in the Dominion War.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: I've fought in so many damn wars and doing that made me feel a bit weird the first time around... Kinda now too but not as much
    "We have no tomorrow, but there's still hope for the future. In our struggle to survive the present, we push the future farther away. Will I see it in my lifetime? Probably not. Which means there's no time to waste. Someday the world will no longer need us. No need for the gun, or the hand to pull the trigger." -Punished Snake
    alex: you get used to it with repetition...i don't even notice the pressure anymore​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Nick: how should we approach this? *move towards the structure slightly *
    No dragon's teeth, and no cyberized zombies.

Voice from behind them: Well, seems you didn't forget us, Kira.

Kira turns around and see about 30 yards away the form of Kai Opaka, who looks no worse for wear: Opaka.

Opaka: It is good to see you also, Doctor. And it seems you brought guests. Too bad, you didnt show up with the Hur'Q started to assault us.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Nick: how long ago was that?
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,963 Arc User
    evelynn: *finishes her nachos.* do you have any suggestions? i know naught of the food here.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."
    Nick: *Starts to approach the structure*

Briana: Maybe some Pizza. some Neapolitan pizza. or some Fettucini alfredo with Bajoran Shrimp.. *Shrugs* I dunno I'm thinking something Italian
    Opaka: 3 months ago wehn they started to make it planetside. Then some Federation officers said they had some equipment to help conceal our settlements here. Then the fighting restarted between the settlements that did accpet help, and ones that didnt. Then those cybernetic zombies came.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Nick: wait? Three months ago? We didnt know much about this threat until they attacked Bajor and that wasn't all too long ago... before that the first time we saw the Hur'q are when a small group attacked a new colony we visited. And again... that's less than 3 months ago... more like a few weeks ago... a month and a half at most.... why would federation officers be out here offering help?
    Opaka: Honestly, I just thought they were initially another group of engineers and scientists, looking into our problem. See, we don't really get current galactic news here. They said they were with the USS Benson, but they didn't say what thier mission was out here, but as you guess alot of my flock was eager from any help.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Nick: if our communications weren't jammed. I would contact my ship and have them check Starfleet records. Something doesn't feel right about this though. Especially since this tech we've seen down here isn't our tech. We have nothing like this at all.
    Opaka: The defense system have been upgraded, it is a system that learns. Your ships will proabaly have to get alot closer to the surface then want to get any signal from you. When you left Kira and bashir, we could communicate almost the entire planetoid, but now, we are lucky for 10 kilometers.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Nick: that is... difficult to work around. Our ships should have picked that up before we beamed down... we might have to set up some pattern enhancers to beam up.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    Krystal: *shakes her head* The more I hear about the Benson the more I feel we're being played.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Nick: so it's not just me thinking that. Something feels really screwy here, Krystal. And I don't like it. Its like someone was here before us, to sabotage our work here.
    Kira: Possible being a prison planet its easier to get in then to leave.

Bashir: Well, for our work to actually work, we need to get these last data up to one of our ship to do the last adjustments.

Opaka: You might need to bring the network down hard for us to leave.

Kira: Well, there is a few Hur'Q fleets in the area, so they possibly woudl notice if this planets defense network was down and coming to do what they do.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    Jessica: We'll have to look into the benson when we get back. But I feel like staying too long is going to be risky if we take down the network.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    Krystal: No kidding. But with no way to contact our ships...
    Nick: our only link is Alex and his teleporting.
    Opaka: Well, thankfully my ministrations to these people seemed to work. I just wish that those ones that have been turned can be undone. We litterally have to vaporize these machines to destroy them, and any who a killed here are spiked with those spikes, and turned into more of them. Do not fire on the husks, or they will attack you, and they will not stop coming.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Nick: *glances at Krystal, giving her a reassuring look that she won't die* it seems some of my friends here already knew that... this seems... horrifying... once we get everyone that can be saved... I would highly reccomend blasting as many of these things as we can from orbit.
    Krystal: Better to report back as soon as possible.
    Nick: agreed...
  • hoan113hoan113 Member Posts: 5,963 Arc User
    Evelynn: I will trust your judgment on it when the time comes then.
    "The rains have ceased and we are graced with another beautiful day. but you are not here to see it."