test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,162 Community Moderator
    Tala: And you do know Krystal's limited telepathy and lack of experience actively using or protecting from psionics makes her more vulnerable? I think they've been probing us and found her!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    i'll contact artanis and see if he can deploy a psionic shield around the exeter; it should block most of amon's influence...but he's pretty much a literal god - something is still going to leak through *alex states, and a few moments later, the weight pressing down on krystal's mind lessens significantly, while out in the void, the leviathan finally goes down from the combined efforts of the t'laru and hyperion, the organism gutted in several places and quite dead, already starting to break back up into shadow*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • Options
    westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,247 Arc User
    Oculus: I may be able to do something to help but I'd rather save it for later in the fight. Its better as a surprise anyway.

Jessica: I can probably shield myself and I think Veronica can too.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • Options
    icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    Teh Tigershark declaoks again, and a number fo Valkyrie Frigates just disappear for existance as the firepower of the Tigershark rips them apart. Then the Tigershark cloaks again, taking soem minor hits from the other ships.

Axel: Minor armor damage, 6 more of those frigates destroyed.

Radm Rose: Veronica, you doing ok?
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
  • Options
    (valkyrie frigates; hyperion is raynor's flagship)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • Options
    (No wonder Tzenkethi hate us, we know how to take care fo Bugs.)

C000005213-PAR-ZOOM_c0456155-744d-4b9a-a6cb-05882bfbd6eb.jpg?v=1481288025
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Veronica: I'll be fine.
  • Options
    RAdm Rose is not happy with that answer, but as she is lining up the next run she is not going to push it.

Tyra: Boss, V, we have a Vulcan and 2 Betazoids OOC, and I have a headache from hell. What are we fighting?

the fighters and the Yellowstones from the Varyags spacewing continue to shoot down any small stuff trying to hit the Fleet, but thier numbers are slowly going down.

The Varyag fires her broadside at the same ship the Lexington fire, blowing up another ship.

Cartwright: Krystal, I am down to half my fighters, and down to 4 Yellowstones. and we are not even close to the ground forces to support them.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    edited October 2017
    *speaking of ground forces, the protoss have just finished warping in a nexus, assimilator, gateway and some pylons to provide power for said gateway (and possibly the assimilator - i don't recall if it requires power or generates its own like the nexus does) at one of the mineral fields on the landmass, forming the beginnings of a base which a group of probes that just got warped in the field generated by the pylons quickly begin expanding by opening warp rifts which will form into additional structures

for the terrans, a command center and barracks depart from the hyperion and start slowly flying towards another mineral patch, the former landing and deploying over a dozen SCVs, some of which start harvesting the minerals, one begins constructing a refinery atop a vespene geyser and the final pair start constructing supply depots

and finally, several sacs launching from pits on kerrigan's leviathan full of drones ready to mutate into a hive cluster head for a third, slamming down and depositing the drones, one of which forms a chrysalis around its body that will eventually become a hatchery, another moves over a geyser and starts mutating into an extractor and a third begins mutating into a spawning pool, the remainder waiting for the hatchery to form and begin spreading creep so they can begin harvesting minerals, vespene and mutating into defensive organisms*

-back in space-

*a void mothership appears near the imperium forces and generates a time dilation field around a large portion of the fleet, slowing retaliatory fire from within the field, while units protected by its cloaking field fire on the ships with near impunity, as well as any nearby terran, protoss, zerg and TFJ ships*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2017
    About this time, a portal open in front of the Void mothership. Its a Magical portal, and a familar ship enters the battle.

the ship fires its main weapon, a dual firing molten uranium hose from its firing positions underneath its hull, between it wings. The Void Mother ship is cut in half.

Voice: Admiral Jade, O'Connell, this is Captain Alana T'Soni of the USS Normandy. We are here to help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROV6bmWDY1w
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    *alex, who had been in the process of redirecting reinforcements towards his time-bombed forces* what the...how the hell did they even get through the alterian rift without being torn apart, let alone FIND us?!

*as he wonders this, a swarm of void mutalisks swoop in and fire a series of void shards at the normandy in place of their swarm counterpart's glaive wurms, lacking the chaining ability of the wurms but packing far more power in exchange, and they are followed by several vikings, phoenixes and corsairs* (as you'll recall, while the former is terran, the latter 2 are protoss despite having terran-like names)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Rose perks up: How the hell? Nyssa?

Jessica can feel Nyssa's presence now.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Jessica: Shed have to be on the new ship that came In?
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Rose: Yeah.....the one that looks like the Normandy SR-2. (she smiles)
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,162 Community Moderator
    Krystal: Lets see if we can disrupt that mothership with a modulated Tachyon pulse.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    On the screen, you see a cross between the SR-2 flightdeck and a bridge of a Defaint, with a familar looking Asari sitting in the captians chair, and a human with a high ponytail of light blue hair.

Human: ]Hi, Mom, Ma.

Asari: Nyssa. I have Nyssa O'Connell here to help facilitate our arrival here. She is quite adapt of being able to open portal across space and time.

Rose: Where one kid is, the others will surely follow.

Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Jessica: I thought we were supposed to be avoiding bringing all the kids into this. *sighs* Still it's nice to see them. *to Nyssa's ship* How'd you know to come help us?
  • Options
    Nyssa: We had help.

Alana T'Soni: My friends are strong willed and do not take no for an answer. They are resourceful, Intelligent, and a touch insane. I do agree that that anything that can destroy our home means we must defend it. I have my suspicions of how they came to find this out, I have no definitive proof.

Rose looks at Jess: They somehow got into our logs. Which also means that Zach, Ezri, Fiona, Evie and the others helped.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Jessica: Are they hiding out on that ship?
  • Options
    *That was soon answered as a Mercury class starship swooped down and unloaded a full barrage of cannon fire. Transponder identifies her as USS Valkyrie*

Ezri: Sorry we're late. A certain furball decided NOT to call in the rest of his pack. I'm transmitting some modifications to the shields to help block out the psionic shtako. Should help take the pressure off everyone. Got the idea from a personal shield ment to protect agaisnt the Dividians. Shouldn't take too much.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    (artanis is already providing a fleet-wide psionic shield, but he'll probably appreciate the help since shielding that many minds is straining, even for a high templar)

alex: i was specifically made to promise NOT to call you in; take it up with your mother​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    Ezri: Uncle Alex... do you know who we are? I mean come on... you KNOW we'd come running the second we learned something big was going down.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    alex: hey, i'll never turn down extra help here, especially since we've already lost 10% of our forces and have yet to see a....*suddenly a loud psionic roar echoes across the void, overwhelming the shield for a brief moment as a massive void entity appears on the ground and starts tearing through the combined koprulu expiditionary force's army, who are currently pushing forward towards base expansion points, from long range*...void thrasher​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    edited October 2017
    Rose beaming: That's our family. (she looks at Jessica) Of course, Rose and Veronica's kids hadn't shown up. I think that what Rose was trying to do, let them have a normal life. (Rose snaps her finger) Deosn't Krystal have a favor to ask from some alternate reality.
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Jessica: Ask who what now?
  • Options
    Rose: SpaceNazis
    Ancient Griffon insult

• Options
    Krystal: If I knew how to contact them. Ezri what the hell are you doing here?
    Ezri: Helping out. I would have brought Lexington but I figured you'd need another small ship. And... future you was working on some kind of upgrade project on her anyways. Uncle Alex, clear me a path and I'll strafe that Thrasher with Phaser Cannons and Quantum Torpedos. Valkyrie has the speed to get clear before it can react.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Alex: i think the terrans have something else in mind... *and a few seconds later, the hyperion adjutant's robotic voice comes in clearly over the fleet comms*

Adjutant: Nuclear Launch Detected *as a missile leaves the silo atop one of the ghost academies that were recently constructed by the terran ground forces and arcs toward the thrasher, which is currently in the process of being bombarded by deployed siege tanks, colossi and guardians, the latter two of which begin getting the hell out of dodge*

*and while this is going on groundside, another void mothership moves toward the same group of imperium warships the prior one timebombed and begins building up energy within the massive khaydarin crystal facsimile in its center*​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    (*pokes things*)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

• Options
    *The mothership is instantly bombarded by Valkyrie, with Exeter hitting it with a modulated Tachyon beam*