test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Stargate Hail Ba'al Rambling

Comments

• legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User
    edited October 2017
    *the retreating army, galvanized by the sudden, unexpected krogan charge, immediately about-faces and hits the trio of void thrashers with everything they have left, taking each out in turn, followed by the void structures surrounding narud, the towering xel'naga entering the battle himself and immediately proving why they are considered gods as he effortlessly flings aside a group of krogans with one of his massive fists, then begins rapidly firing off emnity flares at anything that gets too close, the bolts of psionic energy seeming especially lethal against biological units which means the zerg in the army get the brunt of his attacks*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.
  • icerose20icerose20 Member Posts: 18,379 Arc User
    Then the USS Normandy fires its Thanix Weapon at the Xel'naga.

Alana: Eat subliminal thrown molten depelted Uraninium, Xeno.

Then The Tigershark Follows the Normandy, and fires 6 Quantum Torpedoes at the Xel'naga.

The USS Victoria turns its broadside againt the rest of the incoming fleet and fires its entire broadside, destroying alot of ships.

Fiona: You can't prove it.
    Ancient Griffon insult

That one is so stupid, he lost a Rock/Paper/Scissors game to a Pony.
    *narud roars in pain and rage as the thanix shots tear through his flesh, the wounds leaking a glowing red wispy substance as he charges a massive emnity flare and hurls it at the normandy in retaliation*

alex: oi, fire to subdue, not kill - we have someone here who has a personal score to settle with narud *he says as the indomitable banks and unleashes its own broadside, along with the surviving ulfhednar battleships, the vargulf destroyers, nightfang cruisers and mauler corvettes providing support and a defensive screen to keep smaller units away, the spaceborne void entities starting to thin out*​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
  • westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,281 Arc User
    Zach: Yes it was entirely Fiona's idea and fault.

Jessica: Well then. *semi surprised look*

*Some of the T'laru's fighters perform strafing runs at the Xel'nalga.*
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
    (Where is Zach, with Fiona or Ezri?)

RAdm Rose: Veronica, did the Victoria just pull that maneuver? The one you said nto to do again on the Valk? (She did, something very similar that RAdm Rose has before on the Valkyrie that almost sheared the warp nacelles off.)

The USS Normandy pulls up from her dive.

Nyssa: Uncle Alex, when do you want winter to come?
    Ancient Griffon insult

(If there's room with Ezri he's probably with her. Anya would probably be with Fiona.)

Veronica: I believe she did...
    Fiona: Whoa!! Where did you learn that? From Your mother?!!

Leo: FIONA!?

Ancient Griffon insult

edited October 2017
    (TRIBBLE it...i just had my entire post erased and i'm not writing all that again, so we're moving straight to narud's death)

*a while later, alex, raynor, artanis and kerrigan (and whoever else wants to be there too) are standing before the defeated xel'naga as stukov walks up to him*

stukov: "Hello, Duran. Do you remember what you did to me?"

narud: "Stukov...You've come to gloat, haven't you."

stukov: "No. I've come to say goodnight, you son of a TRIBBLE."

*he then fires a corrosive bolt straight through narud's brain, the xel'naga roaring in agony as he thrashes about, the ground quaking slightly as his body starts glowing a bright red and erupts into a column of light before exploding in a burst of void energy*

(and if anyone wants to see the above scene, go to timestamp 29:52, because the damn Copy Video URL at current time function is broken:

https://youtu.be/Tiy_MGuSsF0? )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

A Krogan with a psionic battlehammer walks up: I am Kartagia Wrex, leader of Clan Wrex of New Tuchunka, and today the void found out that you can never defeat the Krogan, for we are here to save everyone from the Gaint Monsters of the Universe. SHEPARD!

The Battered Regiment of Krogan start to shout Shepard in unison.

Rose: Is that it, did we just kill this Amon?
    Ancient Griffon insult

• rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    Krystal: I doubt it.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    no, we just killed one of his followers - specifically, the one who resurrected him with the energy 'liberated' from kerrigan's de-infestation four years ago *alex states as he watches a self-satisfied stukov walk back towards the primary hive cluster* amon still awaits deeper in the void, but first, we-*he breaks off as a voice echos around them*

tassadar: artanis, you must come to me​​

#LegalizeAwoo

RAdm Rose: We are not here for half measure, Alexander.

Fiona: Aunt Rose, may not be as easy as you think.

Rose: Fiona, the voice of reason? I think I should be scared.
    Ancient Griffon insult

*artanis begins walking forward determinedly*

artanis...artanis, wait up! *alex dashes after the protoss hierarch, with kerrigan and raynor following behind him*

(and i don't feel like typing out 2 minutes and 26 second's worth of cutscene dialogue, so i'll let blizzard's already-existing exchange between artanis, tassadar/ouros, kerrigan and raynor take point

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sCCMgZTIJRo )​​

#LegalizeAwoo

edited October 2017
    Kartagi: So, we were not the Infantry that charges into battle at the nick of time, to save everyone's asses?

Cartwright: It would appear we have a lull in the fighting. The Varyag has gotten through the fighting so far with scorching on the hull, but the Combat wing is toast. I have 6 Peregrines and 2 Yellowstones left. I also only have 45 photon torpedoes left.

RAdm Rose: We got some armor damage here, but we are down to 100 Quantum torpedoes, consideirng we had 500 at the beginning fo the battle. We are also only have enough Photon torpedoes for two strikes.

Alana, USS Normandy: We got some structure damage here, but our Thanix reserves are down by half.
    Post edited by icerose20 on
    Ancient Griffon insult

Jessica: We're currently replicating more torpedoes ourself.
    Rose looks around: So, how do you feeling Jess? Being here? In the Void?
    Ancient Griffon insult

Jessica: Its weird. It reminds me of my pocket dimension. But this isn't quite as weird as that.
  • rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,454 Community Moderator
    Tala: We've taken some hits. Kayla's treating Krystal for a head injury again since she just got up here, We've been lucky but I doubt it will hold out much longer.
    Ezri: Our ablative armor's almost got as many holes as a piece of swiss cheese thanks to that biologocial attack, but we're still good to go.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    Cartwright: I thought having 23 lifetimes of experience would allow her to stop the random checking of sturdyness of bulkheads with her head. (Sighs)

Rose: Ok, we need to put a five point harness with a Lemans system in her chair.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Tala: Tell that to the bulkheads that like to explode sir. At least she wasn't knocked out like she was at Vaadwaur Prime. But if this keeps up we're gonna be worse off than we were then!
    Cartwright: Pull the Exeter back with the Varyag right now. We are going to let the Council ships take the front. they are more designed to take punishment then almost any of our ships. Maybe time for Krystal to actually use her Command experience to help with the overall battle.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: *hair still messed up, but looking more alert now* Not all of those lifetimes were served in Starfleet sir. I just hope we're not just poking the beehive. Ezri... I love you, but I swear I'm going to kick your tail.
    Ezri: Yea... you said that when I took the Valkyrie too. We got you covered mom. And if the ground battle needs air support, we're ready. Got a couple Tricobalt bellringers specially rigged up for bombing runs, and we do have a few Neutronic Torpedoes if we need the extra punch.
    alex: all forces, move into geosynchronous orbit around ouros - as soon as he begins transferring his essence to kerrigan, amon will know what's happening and we're going to get SWARMED *he orders after having beamed back aboard the indomitable, raynor already having transferred most of his initial beachhead base to a perimeter position around kerrigan's position thanks to most terran structures being able to lift off, SCVs already hard at work reconstructing the ones that couldn't be moved, as well as defensive structures like bunkers and missile turrets, the former of which are quickly being occupied by marines, firebats, marauders, medics and other infantry*

and by the way, if anyone's curious...we lost 16% of our total force during our battle with those void entities, and that's just space - ground losses were far higher

(i figure it should be fairly obvious what bunkers and missile turrets do, so i don't need to link their wiki entries...but if you want to read up on them anyway, you should be well familiar with the site's address by now)​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: I didn't want to hear that Alex...
    Septima: We are picking up the Krogan right now. I wish we had some Turian infantry, but this is what we had avaiable on short notice. When a Jade ask for our help, we show up.

Fiona: I told you, Ezri. Its allright to use your name, but nooooo

Cartwright: Alex, anyway we can do a beeline to Amon? We need to stop thinking this as a boxing match between two heavyweight boxers., but try to actually outflank him, or do some misdirection.
    Ancient Griffon insult

Krystal: Cartwright's right. We can't overpower him like its an even fight. We need to fight smarter if we're going to have any forces left.

Ezri: I didn't want my family to worry Fiona...
    you heard ouros; only a xel'naga can kill amon, and he's too weak to do it himself - we NEED kerrigan to ascend...any assault on amon before then would be literal suicide​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Krystal: Who said anything about us killing him ourselves?

Ezri: Ooooooh... I get it... Battle of Naboo. We draw off the main force, clearing a path for Kerrigan to do her thing.

Krystal: Right. Instead of holding the line or letting Amon decide where to fight, we pull him to where we want him.
    except it won't work...he knows what kerrigan becoming xel'naga means, and he won't pursue any objective other than her death - so unless you have a way to mimic the unique energy signature the transfer will be putting out so we can scatter decoys through the void, the line in the sand must be drawn here​​

#LegalizeAwoo

Cartwright: So are we on the defensive then?

Ancient Griffon insult